Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Destined Legacies (Type-Moon X Multiverse Crossover)

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, despite some parts being quite strange no matter what spin is put on it, this is coming out nicely. Not much to say, still looking for more.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Me, too. It's a bit confusing, at points, with all the different threads - but a lot of fun.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Hmm, despite some parts being quite strange no matter what spin is put on it, this is coming out nicely. Not much to say, still looking for more.
    The problem with so many main characters is that they have to have the spotlight at one point or another... So think of it as a extremely large game of musical chairs.

Then again, it's also probably due to my "This character has been ignored for a while, better write up something about him/her." kind of thinking.. Guess I will have to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    This should be interesting - particularly since, if allowances are made for his being raised as a British gentleman over a Japanese one, Kenji is everything Takara's ever wanted in a boy.
    And suddenly, I have images of Kenji and Avenger having this duel on a dry riverbed, blue sky and in the early morning over her..

*thumbs up* ahhh youth.
    Last edited by hatori; February 15th, 2013 at 12:16 AM.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    The problem with so many main characters is that they have to have the spotlight at one point or another... So think of it as a extremely large game of musical chairs.

Then again, it's also probably due to my "This character has been ignored for a while, better write up something about him/her." kind of thinking.. Guess I will have to fix that.
    Good luck - I'm still trying to fix that!

And suddenly, I have images of Kenji and Avenger having this duel on a dry riverbed, blue sky and in the early morning over her..

*thumbs up* ahhh youth.
    I thought you'd like that.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Ever onwards. To stand still is to die. Rai Burnout's Avatar
    Something terrible just occurred to me. Please tell me Luvia is not the one that will end up summoning EMIYA. Overall great chapter can't wait for more.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rai Burnout View Post
    Something terrible just occurred to me. Please tell me Luvia is not the one that will end up summoning EMIYA. Overall great chapter can't wait for more.
    hurr hurr...

*Evil laughter*

But seriously, I don't think so.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    The next update will be a stat page.

- - - Updated - - -

The next update will be a stat page.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Tantalising - I'll look forward to it.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Destined Legacies Servant Stats Page: Jester

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. All other Series' characters are also property of their respective owners, who are awesome for not suing me.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project. So Far.

OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE

Servant Class: Jester

True Name: Unknown
    Master: Aozaki Takara
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Stats:

Strength: C - A*
    Agility: B - B+*
    Endurance: B - A+*
    Mana: C - B+*
    Luck: D - B*
    Noble Phantasm: C - A++*

*Note: Augmented by his Noble Phantasm, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Skills:

Eye of the Mind (True):

At this rank, Jester is capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Battle Continuation:

At this rank, Jester is capable of fighting even with extreme, but non-fatal injuries, and can remain alive so long as one does not receive a decisive fatal wound.

Uncrowned Arms Mastery
    Arms competency that was not recognized by others due various reasons. To the opponents, the rank of Jester's weapons and Noble Phantasm appear to be one degree lower than what it actually is. If his true name is revealed, this effect will be terminated.

Martial Arts:

At this rank, Jester's understanding of the various Martial Arts he is familiar with, including Gun Kata, is at a level where he can smoothly change through various styles, but not have the same kind of power and force from a Mastery of the art.

Independant Action:

At this rank, Jester can remain for two days without a contract to a Master, and still remain when his spiritual core has been severely damaged for a short time.

Noble Phantasms:

Thalia and Melpomene, The Muses of Comedy and Tragedy
    Type: Anti-Unit Active
    Max Number of Targets: 16 before reloads.

Twin Sig Sauer P220 Automatic pistols, they are the Kanshou and Byakuya of firearms. Able to handle a wide variety of ammo types, this makes them the favored weapon of choice for Jester.

Gun Kata, The Ballet of Gunnery.
    Type: Anti-Unit Passive
    Max Number of Targets: N.A

A sophisticated meld of martial arts and gunnery, Jester can call upon his weapons to defend himself, or to launch a close-quarters and melee assault at the same time. It recieves a boost from the Martial Arts Skill as well, raising the level by one Rank when Jester uses firearms to engage an opponent. Also, at this rank, reloading of his firearms takes but an instant, making it a deadly combination for any foe.

A Midsummer Night's Dream
    Type: Unknown
    Max Number of Targets: Unknown

A reflection of Jester's soul and imagination, he becomes strengthened when his will or beliefs are stronger than his opponent's, so long as he himself believes it to be so. Within his Reality Marble, Jester's parameters will raise to their highest, but will also have an increased prana usage cost, in addition to the requirement of overriding the will of his opponent, giving himself a very limited amount of time in which he can defeat an opponent.

Writer's Note: What do you guys think?
    Last edited by hatori; March 21st, 2013 at 11:39 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Impressive . . . Again, you're a lot kinder to him than I would be.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

He deserves at least one easy good-end. ^^
    End of an Empire

"I think you just failed... quite spectacularly if I say so my self. Idiot." -I forget who said it originally.

Badass Side-Step

Blog Entries
    Actually, considering what he's up against here, it might just be a matter of keeping things even.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    No comment on his NPs/Personal skills? D:

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hatori View Post
    No comment on his NPs/Personal skills? D:
    Well, aside from their ranks (which, again, are higher than I'd set them) . . .

Battle Continuation I can understand - I've got a fairly high pain tolerance - and Eye of the Mind makes sense, considering that to properly use A Midsummer Night's Dream, he's got to calculate possibilities and scenarios. Independent Action I like, but it might not be appropriate - as a Servant, Jester is a gas guzzler, such that only a powerful magus like Takara or Ciel could be his Master (Rin admits that she probably couldn't do it). I'm not a Martial Artist, by any means (though I know a little about a lot of styles), but Uncrowned Arms Mastery makes sense, since I tend to surprise people. Truthfully, I'd take out Martial Artist and replace it with Librarian of Stored Knowledge, or Nature of a Rebellious Spirit - or both.

And as to the Noble Phantasms . . .

Thalia and Melpomene function slightly differently - my versions never had to reload, it was just a direct prana-to-ammo conversion - but I like it. I still need to watch that Equilibrium movie, but I know a lot of people said Gun Kata was appropriate for him at the time. A Midsummer Night's Dream, though, has a major weakness you need to remember: it's a matter of Jester's will against his target's. If they don't believe it, whatever he's using it for, then it will fail. Like any good acting job, magic trick, or special effect, its effectiveness depends on how well it's convinced its audience.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I did put in the increased prana usage as a limiter of sorts, and i originally wanted it to be based on concentration, but Will seems to be a good way to handle that.

The problem was that in this universe, he's not exactly fighting together with his Mistress upon summoning and participating in the Grail War. In this function he has to pull some strings behind the scenes as well as be out of the main picture of the War. Hence, he needs the Independant Action to maintain his form, but still keep away from his Mistress till needed.
    Not to mention that I'll have a way to counter her from just Commanding it to be so. (Ack)

Martial Arts had to be given to him in order for Gun Kata to be truly effective, rather than a useless NP. Think John Woo style gunfights compared to the usual spray and pray we usually see in the movies. Alot more action-ney.

Prana-to-Ammo conversion aside, I did want something realistic in the setting, hence the need for reloading. Heck, even Dresden is packing a hand cannon, although we won;t see it often. This fic was based on several universes combining together, so the rules will be meshed well.

As for Stats: he's supposed to be an average Servant, which i think the base stats reflect nicely. It's when a Midsummer Night's Dream is active that i think i made a little too OP.
    Last edited by hatori; March 21st, 2013 at 11:36 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    That's easy (sort of) - remember that maintaining it is draining, and that its illusions have to be convincing. Pulling a sawed-off shotgun from underneath his trenchcoat is possible, because the coat's long enough to conceal one. Pulling an RPG launcher, on the other hand, isn't. He could do it, but anyone who doesn't believe it will have the grenade pass through them like it doesn't exist - which, for them, it won't.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    The next update will be a double helping, if i can handle it. One more Stat page, and a chapter update.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Cool - looking forward to it.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries

Destined Legacies Servant Stats Page: Caster

Since we all know what Saber's like....I'll leave her for one of the last few...

Let's go with this... shall we? *Grins*

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. All other Series' characters are also property of their respective owners, who are awesome for not suing me.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project. So Far.

OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE OMAKE

Servant Class: Caster

True Name: Medea
    Master: Sion Eltnam Atlasia
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Stats:

Strength: D
    Agility: C
    Endurance: C+
    Mana: A+
    Luck: C+
    Noble Phantasm: C

Skills:

High Speed Divine Words:

High-Speed Divine Words is the power to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. As such, it is power long lost by modern magi.

High-Thaumaturgy-level Magecraft can be cast at the speed of Single-Action spells.

Territory Creation:

Territory Creation is the skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus.

Creation of a "Temple", which is superior to a "Workshop", becomes possible.

Item Construction:

Item Construction is the skill to manufacture magical items.

Capable of making healing potions that grant limited immortality.

Noble Phantasms:

Rule Breaker: All Spells Must Be Broken
    Target: Singular

An iridescent and jagged dagger that is thin, brittle, and blunt. Greatly differing from other Noble Phantasms, its unique ability is that it is the ultimate anti-magic Noble Phantasm capable of dispelling and destroying any kind of thaumaturgy.
    While its uses are limited under normal means, it has high effectiveness in the Holy Grail War due to being able to manipulate the Servant System. It is a blade of betrayal that will sever all connections between a Master and Servant by destroying every single rule that controls them, giving full control of the Master's Command Spells to Caster.
    Last edited by hatori; June 2nd, 2013 at 07:39 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    OK, pretty much as expected . . .

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette