Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Destined Legacies (Type-Moon X Multiverse Crossover)

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by hatori; February 28th, 2014 at 05:15 AM.
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Familiar, and a welcome sight. Got it up ahead of schedule, I see.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. All other Series' characters are also property of their respective owners, who are awesome for not suing me.

This is a not-for-profit, just-for-fun project. So Far.

Destined Legacies – Prelude

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A silver knight on a bloody hill
    A wish that goes beyond her own life, but to the subjects who had betrayed her.

A young man, mature with untapped potentials.
    To right a wrong he commited unknowningly

A red knight atop a hill of swords
    A Hero, who did not want to see anyone cry, yet could only see more tears.

A young girl, strength, confidence and beauty, wrapped within a frail-looking and shy shell.
    An unwilling participant in the War, she only wishes to be seen as who she is.

A man with wolfish features, katana drawn in a favoured style.
    A lust for battle, so much to the point he would kill to get it.

A set of cool grey eyes, and a red leather jacket.
    She never was interested in wishes, but the reward is promising.

A tall man, in a dark leather duster, his hands void, but ready for combat.
    An unyielding determination to find his own place in the world, even if he doesn’t belong.

A child of life and death, undying.
    Searching relentlessly for one who sacrificed so much for her.

A beautiful warrior, speed, power and grace.
    An unforgettable desire to protect those she cares for.

A dark mysterious foreigner, who while brash, has a heart of gold.
    To protect those whom he cares about the most.

A sorceress, beautiful yet fearsome.
    A desire to be loved, and love in return.

A young man of power and untapped potentials
    To see the sister he once lost, again.

A black clad woman, her eyes covered over pale skin and long hair.
    To protect and to serve her own Master.

A woman who hides a deep shame.
    To eliminate the source of it, by any means necessary.

A legendary hero, lost in the chaos of his own mind.
    To fufill his battle lust, and enhance the legacy of his own legend.

A magus of power, yet with feelings of inferiority.
    A desire to defeat her rivals, and prove her own superiority

“Eight Wishes, Eight Servants, Eight Masters.” murmurs the witch, as she peers at the collected images within the crystal ball. As the light goes out, she leans back in contemplation and lights her cigarrette holder. Taking a few puffs, she calls out.

“Watanuki! Please prepare more sake and snacks!” she called as a dark form materialized within the darkened confines of her parlour room, leaving behind a wizened old man with a crystal dagger, as she grimly spoke.

” And so it begins.”
    Last edited by hatori; February 6th, 2013 at 11:38 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    Calling for eight Servants from the beginning, I think . . .?

Sorry, it's late, and it's been a while.

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    the previous one that fizzled out is still around, i'm using most of the chapters there as reference material, so could a mod close the thread first?
    Last edited by hatori; November 27th, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

When I go random.

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Ooooh, this is interesting; I'll be following this.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Well interesting to see this again! Did Cold Days sort of jog the story since the previous one had Dresden in it as well?

Blog Entries
    Nope. Haven;t read Cold days, and don;t expect to for a long while... Will be using some material from between either White Night or Turn coat.

Plus. Archer's summoner is a surprise, and a change from the previous person.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    That'll be interesting.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    @kieran: you might find some of the material to be ​very familiar.

When I go random.

Blog Entries

Chapter One: You can't go home anymore.

Author's Note: You guys might find that I've decided to flesh some things out, while retaining things out.

DISCLAIMER: Lunar Legend Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and all related characters and concepts are the creation and property of Kinoko Nasu and Type-Moon, along with anyone who's happened to license them, like Geneon or Funimation. All other Series' characters are also property of their respective owners, who are awesome for not suing me.

The Clock Tower, Mage Association Headquarters and Academy, London.

The Conclave was a large circular room hidden among the lecture halls of the Clock Tower, a place of power, where guests were often met with, and decisions of power were made, the room comprising of uncomfortable high backed chairs, set around a half-moon table, the polished hardwood gleaming in the dimly candlelit light.

And today is no different. Luviagelita Edelfelt thought as she settled into her seat as the Head of Mineralogy. Yet today, everything will change.

As the other Heads of Departments entered in and settled into their seats, her eyes tracked one particular colleague. As Rin Toshaka settled in opposite her in the seat of the Enforcers, the Edelfelt head showed her a predatory smile, which was easily returned. As the last of the Heads of Department entered in, followed by the Vice-Director of the Clock Tower, she allowed herself a small smile that no one else would've caught, unless they were watching closely.

Today, Tohsaka, your loss is but assured.

Sajyou Mansion, Tokyo.

Her morning began as normal, as the first beams of sunlight tickled her face through the drawn curtains. Stretching slightly as she gave a big yawn, dark blue eyes reached for a pair of large, black-rimmed glasses as she began the start of her day. A warm bath and a change of clothes later, she started on a light breakfast of eggs, and salad. Lost in thought, she let her mind wander as she continued to finish cleaning up the remains of her breakfast.

Even if it's my own assessment, I have a terrible personality. She thought, as she finished drying the last plate and moving towards the greenhouse. Gloomy, narrow-minded, prideful and a coward, those are the traits I have. Gently opening the door of the birdcage containing a single white dove, she brought it out onto the chopping board, as she reached with her free hand for the carving knife.

And worst of all... I'm nothing but hopelessly average, even as my father expected so much more from my elder sister. That's my assesment as Ayaka Sajyou.
    Taking several deep breaths, she raised the knife, poised to take the life in her hands, even as several other doves landed on a perch above her, their cooing warbles intermixing with the one trapped in her grip.

The knife fell.

In the end, I was unable to once again fulfill my father's wishes.

Spunklecrief Apartments, Chicago

Despite the cold winter air, my apartment was always warm, thanks in part to the multiple candlelit stands, plus the roaring fire that I always kept in my fireplace. The warm of the room was only really stifling in summer, when the heat would quite literally, cause stuffiness on a scale that would require me to breathe like Darth Vader, and more often than not, keep me extremely uncomfortable that I'd considered sleeping in my lab.

That being said... The sub-basement lab was even worse in winter.

I was shivering in my dressing gown in the lab, going over some of Molly's homework, making sure that she'd gotten the theory of kinetic force right. As much as she was not combat trained, the grasshopper was a quick learner, after getting more motivation from improving her basics quickly. As much as she loved the practical portions of her training, her theory work was something I'd learnt to double check, especially after that near miss with her "turning to goo" episode.

Then my staff chose to begin rattling.

Even as I grabbed hold of it in the corner that I'd left it, I could feel the steady beats that played out along it's length. Even as I thumped back my own reply with the staff, I was halfway through the lab when Bob woke up.

"Hey... what's the big deal?" snarked the skull, as he gave a large lazy yawn. Climbing up the stairs to get changed and head for the place specified in the message. I called back to him.

"Trouble. The White Council's calling for a meeting now."

The Clock Tower, Mage Association Headquarters and Academy, London.

"And so, the Mage's Association will be selecting a single apprentice or student for the imminent Holy Grail War in Fuyuki." Lorelei Barthomeloi finished, even as the rest of the Heads of Department mulled over what she'd mentioned. Despite what had been conducted in Fuyuki as a removal of the Greater Grail, there had been no reason that the system in place would have been removed from the cycle. That, and the fact that despite the failures of no less than five of the wars, the Mage's Association would still desire the Heaven's Feel.

"I would have to disagree with that point, esteemed Director." Rin replied, her shock barely registering as she continued. "As the Overseer for that location, and as one of the original Three Families that have ties to the Grail War, I feel that I should be invoking my right to participate in it."

The trap is sprung. Thought Luvia, even as she smiled at the easy way in which the Head Enforcer had fallen into her ruse. Making that suggestion privately to Lorelei was the better bet, after all. She thought, as she settled back into her seat.

"I understand your rights in regards to this matter, Tohsaka." retorted Lorelei, even as she adjusted her riding crop, as if wanting to strike something with it. "However, a valuable resource as yourself, and your family, would be better utilized in the monitoring of the situation and also to act as a support for the participant, should he or she become incapable of finishing the war without casualty. Furthermore, the loss of yourself and any others who would follow you, would be a huge waste that we would abhor for what is an apparently faulty method of attaining the Root. As such, using a senior student, or even an apprentice, would be a much more preferable option, especially since said individual would still be talented enough to win, within rights, and also in the event of his loss, it would not be a huge disparity between what we could've sent instead." Even as she smirked, the Edelfelt head could see the gears spinning within Tohsaka Rin's mind, even as she attempted to counter-argue, yet logically could not.

Check. Your move, Tohsaka.

Between Here and There - The Void.

All he could remember was explosions all around, then the world went white. Although he couldn't feel his limbs, he at least knew they were attached to his body. So this is what it feels like to die. He thought, his body light as a feather, even as his heavy heart still weighed down on him. Painful memories, cherished loved ones, and those who were important to him flooded his mind as his memories flashed past his eyes.

No, it's not your time yet, Onii-chan.

A tiny spark of recognition, as he remembered who the voice belongs to.

You still have much to do, but don't worry, I'll always be with you, forever.

Feeling a pair of hands touch his right arm, he gasped slightly as he felt the nails trace a sigil on the back of his hand. Reaching out , he tried to grasp them, but he is pulled back into darkness, and oblivion.

Emergency services had reported to the barren land of Shinto Park, where during the heavy storm, lightning had struck several trees. While the risk of fire was at a minimum, it was still perfunctionary to check for any possible victims. As the officers combed the park for any possible victims of the storm, a startled yell from one of the two officers there brought the other running. " What did you find?" asked his partner, as the first officer pointed to the figure lying on the ground, where a figure in black lay, face covered by a ceramic mask. Snapping back to his senses, the senior cop began calling for an ambulance over his walkie talkie, before telling his partner to empty the stranger's pockets for any ID. " Well? Any idea who this weirdo is?" barked the grizzled senior, shivering in his poncho as his junior partner opened up the wallet to reveal a student ID with the name, "Li Shen Shun"
    Last edited by hatori; February 11th, 2013 at 02:32 PM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    OK, I remember this, a bit hazily - the Sayjou part is new, isn't it?

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    OK, I remember this, a bit hazily - the Sayjou part is new, isn't it?

Yeah, Ayaka is new. At least in this fic.

And put it this way... the next chapter's gonna be a blast down memory lane for you kieran.. if i write it the way i remember it.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    I'll look forward to it, then.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    I kinda miss Inugami for his previous input in my fic... was alot more constructive than mike's although i did write one chapter completely to spite him after reading some of his comments about sakura....

they say inspiration comes from the weirdest places... huh.

When I go random.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well he is gone now, so I guess we'll see where you take it on this next run eh?

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."

Blog Entries

Chapter Two: The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Training hall, Tohsaka Residences, The Clock Tower, Mage's Association Headquarters and Academy, London.

Tohsaka Kenji bowed slightly as he entered the summoning circle, a small habit he'd developed ever since his training in the martial arts upon entering the dojo. Even though it wasn't the same, the habit had carried over, such was his own personality that it became more of a force of habit. Enclosing himself into it with a slight surge of will, he sat himself down in the centre, as he willed another barrier into place, this time a smaller one that encompassed the object he held, as he brought forth his attempt once more, revealing a small amethyst. Even as he gripped the crystal firmly his mind began to work at breaking it into the requisite eight parts, as he began to analyze it's structure.

Steady... Don't screw it up by getting excited.

Even as he completed the analytical steps, he knew that this was but the beginning. As he moved onto the next portion, beginning to reinforce the hardness of the crystal, it began to glow a dull vermillion, he began to reinforce the parts that would break.

Looking good... he thought, as he increase the output of mana being used to reinforce the crystal. But as he did so, the crystal began to glow brighter, and become hotter within his grasp, as momentarily, it burst into an incandescence that blew apart the inner barrier that he used to contain it.

"Damn."

A single curse was all he needed for the failure of his experiment, even as he heard the footsteps of his parents' return from their meeting. Sighing a little as he dusted himself off before getting up. He brought down the first barrier before stepping out of the circle, bowing slightly once more as he moved towards the living room upstairs to greet them.

Such was his ideal image of a gentleman.

The Hall of Assembly, Atlas Headquarters and Academy, The Sea of Estray.

She stepped forth into the testifying circle, the sole pillar of light in the room. Entering the Hall of Assembly always drew a inward shudder from her, as much from the coldness of the room as it was from revulsion. Taking a short breath and drawing up her full height, she stood proudly before them. "Sion Etlnam Atlasia, reporting as summoned." she intoned, as her voice carries through the room's spacious setting. " May I inquire as to why I have been summoned here from my seculsion?"

As the members conferred inaudibly among themselves, she prepared herself for whatever news it was that summoned her before them. If it was because of that terrible incident in that village... She mentally shook herself back to reality as the man, hidden by the shadows before her began speaking. " We have recieved word that a new Grail War is going to take place soon," said the cold emotionless voice of Councillor Wendel Ramanov. " And as one of the Three Great Branches, we have recieved a invitation for a representative to join. As our representative in all matters pertaining to Atlas, you will be undertaking this misson."

" As the Council wishes." Sion bowed, giving the traditional acceptance. " I will take my leave and begin preparations." Turning on her heel smartly, she began to leave when the Councillor spoke again, barely audible to others nearby, but completely clear as if he'd been whispering in her ear like a lover.

" Perhaps you will find the answer and redemption you seek," as the heavy double doors closed behind her with a loud bang.

McAnally's - Chicago

" You have got to be kidding me." I muttered as I looked at my old mentor from over my bottle of Mac's finest. Taking another slug of the bottle, I slammed it down a little too hard on the table. Apparently that got me a look from everyone but Mac, who in his usual manner, simply grunted at me. Fresh from the Council meeting, we'd decided to drop in for a few drinks.

God knows I needed them, after this latest stunt they'd pulled over me.

" Hoss, if I wanted to joke with you about a matter like this, I'd be doing it with a red nose and with a face that would give me a place on Mount Rushmore." sighed Ebenezar McCoy, as he took a pull from his own bottle. " According to our intelligence, this "Holy Grail War" has been going on for the last two hundred or so years, but since we're a relatively "new" power in the game, the Mage's Association "graciously" decided to request our participation in the war." said the old man as he finished the drink and smacked his lips.

" As if one war wasn't bad enough," I muttered, as I grabbed a handful of the steak sandwich's fries, taking sips from my own bottle. " And to top it all off, it has to be in Japan." Draining the bottle, I left it standing alongside the not-inconsiderable number of its brothers on the table. "Well, since the Council's voted, I won't have a say." I sigh as I run my fingers through my hair. "Guess I'll be in Japan for a while." Getting up, I prepared to leave the warm comforts of the bar and into the freezing Chicago night.

Author's Note: full chapter is finally up. Some modifications done, and a blast down memory lane for a few folks.
    Last edited by hatori; January 30th, 2013 at 10:16 AM.

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    full chapter is up

When I go random.

Blog Entries
    So I see - and approve of.

— Carmilla Theme

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Do wish i could get some more criticism or commentary at least. heh...

When I go random.