Page 36 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2631343536373841 ... LastLast

Thread: Dangan Ronpa

マリーの味方
    Finally saw the episode

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Togami tbh. Which sucks, but I feel he's definitely the one that'd cause the biggest impact without it being Kirigiri. I actually thought he was going to die at the end of the episode.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle NekoArcDragonhound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Finally saw the episode

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Togami tbh. Which sucks, but I feel he's definitely the one that'd cause the biggest impact without it being Kirigiri. I actually thought he was going to die at the end of the episode.
    Why do you believe it may be Togami who's going to die? I'm curious.

Side note, did you also found it funny that it was Nagito who killed Junko/Monaca's dreams? The irony that he became the HOPE he oh-so craved. XD

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NekoArcDragonhound View Post
    Why do you believe it may be Togami who's going to die? I'm curious.

Side note, did you also found it funny that it was Nagito who killed Junko/Monaca's dreams? The irony that he became the HOPE he oh-so craved. XD
    Assuming a single word from her was true.

And Komaru, did you forget that besides the many things she had done to the people of Towa, her attempt to get every child there killed and her role in making Junko's plans a reality in the first place, she also might have

Spoiler:
    tortured your parents to death?

Seriously, the hell is with the ending bit where she actually seems a little hopeful for pickle devil and treating her like a recurring wacky villain? 'Oh that silly Monaca, when will she learn?'

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Grudges are despair, forgiveness is hope. Otherwise why would they rehab the DR2 cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Grudges are despair, forgiveness is hope. Otherwise why would they rehab the DR2 cast.
    Komaru herself explicitly says she isn't Hope and there's a huge difference between 'I'm not going to murder you for what you did' and 'I in no way show even any kind of recollection of the fact that you might have done something incredibly horrible to me that nearly caused me to do something even worse in response'. This, at the very least, should have been something that Komaru would want to question Monaca about. Not brought up. At all.

Part of it might be that the writers want to avoid too many spoilers about UDG (though with the Warriors of Hope appearing in that episode and all of the spoilers about the DR2 cast I question that argument), but it feels more like just careless writing.

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    And what exactly is Komaru supposed to do? Stamp her feet and shout at the sky? Monaca is completely out of her reach.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, there's a point where you realize there's nothing left to do so might as well not sweat it.

Plus, if she were just pretending, why give up right when she had Komaru and Touko prepped for the kill.

And what exactly is Komaru supposed to do? Stamp her feet and shout at the sky? Monaca is completely out of her reach.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, there's a point where you realize there's nothing left to do so might as well not sweat it.

Plus, if she were just pretending, why give up right when she had Komaru and Touko prepped for the kill.
    Demand an answer? There were several minutes when they were in the exact same spot, Pickle Satan easily within reach.

Not act like it's "oh she's just being silly, I'm sure she'll come around". This is a major part of a character's history, and the episode didn't acknowledge it at all.

And I have no idea what you're referencing when you say "pretending". If you mean in the sense of "pretending to have given up on Hope and Despair", whether she has or hasn't it in no way changes what she might have done in the past and is currently the only person who can give a straight answer on that. She is Komaru's only link to the truth.

Gorgeous~! Happy~! Elegant~! Bobin's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    They totally missed out on a chance to have Komaru shout loud hasty questions through her megaphone while rocketing to space. Touko's lewd fantasy treatment of Komaru was also weirdly done even if it was done for laughs given they seemed to have developed a good relationship at this point.
    BL Character Defining Lines
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    It's hard having so much online charisma.
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    I am an immortal bisexual rainbow motherfucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    Despite common belief, I am not actually that big on tentacles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    Anal isnt the only thing you can do without a vagina, Strife-chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    I am the greatest and most successful democratic reformer BL has ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel View Post
    Manly men doing manly and GAR stuff always gives me such a raging MANBONER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delzor View Post
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

Quote Originally Posted by successor of the Matou family
    "Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Utena parody plz

JP Friend Code
    Welp Junko's plan has started and Mikan and Izuru are already down and the Student Council has died.
    Ryota is being used by Junko although he isn't aware of it yet.
    Komaeda is lost in a desert so most likely he will be the last one to join.
    Honestly when Junko got Izuru out I thought she would make him see the anime but I didn't expect to see the Student Council killing game.
    And we got to see how Soshun Murasame looks like so that is a plus even though he is quite generic before the incident.
    Next time is going to be the Reserve course suicide for sure with maybe the Impostor joining Despair and the appearence of Mastuda.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

Happy Megane Sion is Best Sion! ChiakiKakumei's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So The Biggest, Most Awful, Most Tragic Event in Human History finally started and apparently Chiaki is lucky enough to not be in that hell hole murder and stayed with her students. and Nagito. LOL. Plane Crash to some island.
    Chibi V.Sion Army go!

マリーの味方
    I'm not going to lie, this was pretty stupid

I don't like this anime angle at all. It was so much better believing Junko personally corrupted class 77 rather than using an anime created by Ryota.
    Last edited by Sesto; August 25th, 2016 at 01:52 PM.

JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    anime is despair

- - - Updated - - -

Hope Peak Academy is an ass towards reserve students and totally deserved this.
    I threw away 10k friend points yesterday on summons for the hell of it and woke up this morning with more than I threw away. The fight to 0 fp is endless.

"Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    I don't mind the anime angle. I mean, it's not like it's the first time Junko makes use of literal brainwashing. Remember DR1?
    Also, think of how emotional you get because of anime (even if it's a shitty one, you get angry at how shitty it is sometimes)
    Now, think of how ridiculously good SHSL students are at their fields. A SHSL animator should know how to influence the audience's emotions with his show. Now, why wouldn't someone who wants to fill the world with a certain emotion (despair) use a tool (anime in this case) to force people into said emotion?
    It makes sense to me after years of looking at anime discussions and seeing how emotional people get in them (to the point of shitting on other people because of their tastes in anime)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

マリーの味方
    I mean none of that matters dude, the point is it means it's not Junko's doing, it's Ryota's. Before the common belief was that Junko personally turned the members of DR2, but if she literally just used Ryota's dumb brainwashing anime then she suddenly becomes a lot less interesting.

Nope. Because Ryota's objective is to use the anime for HOPE. Junko's the one who twists it into despair. Also, she's still responsible for the StuCo killing game, the RC uprising, DR1's killing game and DR2's killing game
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    254676078/BOB
    After this episode I don't think there could be a convincing case of Junko personally turning the class towards despair. Even brainwashing anime is more approachable if people automatically going braindead when they get caught up in Junko's schemes is the alternative.

"Too slutty"
    "You're too slutty"

Also, it's not the first time Junko uses someone else's work as her own for her purposes. The method she used to remove DR1's cast's memories? Yasuke's the one who came up with it and worked on it. Junko just killed the guy, and stole and perfected his research. And then, there's Monokuma, which wasn't built by Junko, but Monaca. Also, AI Junko? Again, based on someone else's work (in this case, Chihiro's work on Alter Ego). Junko using tools mostly made by other people for her goals is part of her modus operandi
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Wasn't the original Monokuma built by the 78th class?

Anyways I suspect brainwashing anime is for the plebs, not the 77th.

Wasn't the original Monokuma built by the 78th class?

Anyways I suspect brainwashing anime is for the plebs, not the 77th.
    The only hint about that is Chihiro noticing some of his own tech inside a Monokuma in IF. But IF was written by Narita (Dude who wrote the DRRR! and Baccano! LNs), not Kodaka. Thus, I dunno if it's canon. But even if it is, it still fits my point of Junko using other people's efforts for her purposes. Hell, this is shown with her relationship with Mukuro. Mukuro's the one who has to murder the guards and make sure there's no evidence about Mukuro and Junko being related to their deaths, and Mukuro's the one who has to force the StuCo into the killing game and kickstart it (Junko just provides motives and weapons)
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler: