Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I sell Garden of Sinners BD set?

Where can I sell Garden of Sinners BD set?

Just wondering,
    does anyone know where i can sell my set of Kara no Kyoukai, the one that was released last February? Because the set has become rare, i'm not quite sure where i can post it apart from Ebay...

The better question is why would you want to sell it!?
    In Progress: Melty Blood
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

^THIS

There's nothing wrong with killing someone, even if you like them.

well...i think because its all sold out within the first few days of release, the set is probably now quite rare, so i figure perhaps i could make a profit off of this investment and buy more TM stuff u know

But not sure yet since i don't even know where i can put it online...

Well, I'll never sell mine. You'd have to pay me thousands of dollars for me to give it up. It's the Ferrari of my anime collection after all.

Anyway, I think eBay would be your best bet.
    Complete: Garden of Sinners, Fate/stay night, Tsukihime, Tsukihime Plus+Disc, Kagetsu Tohya

不死 Undead
    You won't be able to sell it on ebay unless you drop the price to around the $200-$300 mark and it contains the English translation booklet if you bought it from The Rightstuf or Bandai USA store as there's multiple listings of the Japanese BD set by sellers from Japan. It's actually still in print and available to buy from some Japanese online stores like Gamers and Animate. Good luck trying to make a profit off of this at the moment.

Isn't sold in Japan for like $600? Rightstuf charged $400 for it. So if he sold it for $500, wouldn't that work? Unless the price has dropped in Japan already that is.

不死 Undead
    There are still cheaper options like Mandarake which currently has one set listed for only 34,700 yen which currently exchanges to about $406USD before shipping cost which is pretty much close to the original price Rightstuf sold it for. At best, you'd probably make back the money you paid for the set if you bought it from Rightstuf if you're desperate to sell it off now, but seeing how the Mandarake listing hasn't even been sold yet then those who really wanted to get this set would've already got them by now (and that Mandarake listing has been there for quite a few weeks now). I'd personally wait till the set goes out of print completely in Japan before looking at selling it.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You heretic. Thinking about selling Kara no Kyoukai BD set ¬¬'! YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
    Think about all those fans in Brazil that can't buy this stuff (Me, of course), because here, due the fucking taxes, it will costs somEthing like 800U$$ !
    When there is too much love, too much compassion,
    too much understanding, too much kindness, too much thankfulness,
    too much respect, and too much heart,
    then it becomes an act of cruel violence.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Void' Shiki View Post
    You heretic. Thinking about selling Kara no Kyoukai BD set ¬¬'! YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.
    Think about all those fans in Brazil that can't buy this stuff (Me, of course), because here, due the fucking taxes, it will costs somEthing like 800U$$ !
    So buy it from him. PayPal him the money and he'll ship it to you. It'll be like a gift, so they won't tax it as if you purchased at a store.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Bargadiel's Avatar
    It may be blasphemous to say this but I never even once thought about buying the BD release... That is just way too much money for something like this, it's insane. Why would I spend hundreds of dollars to have something that can only play on my PS3? Bluray quality means little when the compatibility is scarce, not to mention it is an anime anyways; and most-often a bluray upscale makes it look worse and almost like cheap vector art.

What they should have done to make it more fair, was to include some kind of limited item with the set. Maybe a figure or something. Or, they could have done a separate DVD release at normal retail alongside it. This set is likely the reason that KnK will never reach US shores with the fame it deserves, because companies like Funimation will look at this release and say it won't need an English dub or re-release. What's worse is that people are actually buying it, further supporting their view.

Anyways that's just my two-cent rant. In most all cases, what I download is what I end up buying later. I had to make an exception to this, because of the reasons above. That price is literally half a plane ticket to Japan.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Since this has become the de facto Kara no Kyoukai thread in BL v2.0...

No regrets on (finally) getting this. Only on a few occasions have I ever felt "I MUST have the DVDs." In '09 that was Dark Knight and Kara no Kyoukai.

I can't speak for any other Blu-Ray Anime releases - but this is glorious on a big screen and 5.1 surround sound. By all accounts this was just max quality from the movies that were produced rather than SD scaled up.

And limited edition is limited edition. What ones this small US retailer had were sold out. No reason for further release to be discounted beyond the usual "everyone has pirated copies."

Quote Originally Posted by Bargadiel View Post
    It may be blasphemous to say this but I never even once thought about buying the BD release... That is just way too much money for something like this, it's insane. Why would I spend hundreds of dollars to have something that can only play on my PS3? Bluray quality means little when the compatibility is scarce, not to mention it is an anime anyways; and most-often a bluray upscale makes it look worse and almost like cheap vector art.
    You can play it on any player. There is no region coding. And although it's an upscale, most of the time you don't notice it.

What they should have done to make it more fair, was to include some kind of limited item with the set. Maybe a figure or something. Or, they could have done a separate DVD release at normal retail alongside it.
    The art book isn't enough? What about the awesome interviews (which were translated) that provide some real good insight into the production?

This set is likely the reason that KnK will never reach US shores with the fame it deserves, because companies like Funimation will look at this release and say it won't need an English dub or re-release. What's worse is that people are actually buying it, further supporting their view.
    I think if they wanted to release this traditionally, Aniplex would have done so.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I agree with Bargadiel. I'd really like to own the physical copy, but there's no way I can justify spending $400 on what is basically a movie trilogy (well, justify it if I had $400 to spend).
    Last edited by SeiKeo; April 10th, 2011 at 04:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

DragoZERO, I didn't mean the region coding although that was a point I never thought about to be honest. I simply meant Bluray players. I don't often buy BluRay movies because I tend to go to my friends houses to watch movies with them, and not everyone has a Bluray player. An artbook/Interviews aren't something I would buy a boxset for. They could have easily thrown in a T-Shirt or something with a price like that. Artbooks go for like 30 bucks and Interviews are often things that should be in a DVD's special features anyways. And another problem I had is how alot of the terms we are familiar with were translated, I guess I was just too used to the fansubs... But calling Touko a Dirty Red sounds much cooler than "Stained Crimson" or whatever the hell they named it. lol

Don't get me wrong though, If the set magically landed on my doorstep, I would gladly accept it. Or if I had a chance to pay 100 dollars....MAYBE 200 for it, I would probably go for it also. It just took me by surprise that they wanted so much for it. I've imported lots of things from Japan, most often expensive ones, but that much for a box set? I spat my cereal out when I first read it. =/

This is the most over priced product I have ever bought. I was really surprised too. And then for it to be an upscale... tsk. I think everyone expecting a re-master starting from the film itself and all.

The translation is definitely weird, but it's because we are used to Mirror Moon's translations. I do hate how they put "Mr." or "Ms." in place of an honorific.

And I like art books and interviews. Clothing and jewelry are bad extras.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
    Clothing and jewelry are bad extras.
    Bad extras that you would gladly accept if they would have included them. You would be lying horribly if you're telling me you wouldn't want a Ryougi Leather Jacket...!

不死 Undead
    Seriously, are we gonna have another 10 pages debating over the price of the BD set like over at ANN forums?

The price of the BD set is pretty much close to the price the BD set is for other animes released in Japan (e.g. Clannad). It's called having a job and saving up money and sacrificing other non-essential needs (like other anime merch stuff that you were planning to buy) if you had really wanted to get this. Let's not forget you can still buy it over at Mandarake and it's still in print over at Amazon Japan. I paid the Japanese RRP for TWO of these sets and I would hardly call myself rich, it was saving up money from the time the set was announced and balancing my budgets over other stuff that was or wasn't important. I also pay my own bills and still managed to get this. If you still want to own these movies and don't give a rats about subs then there are still the Japanese regular edition DVDs in print, after all, you've already seen the fansubs and don't often buy blu-ray movies, so there's still the DVD formats for you to buy.

Also, there seems to be a lot of confusion over this set being an upscale or not. A number of people over at Mania forum who have bought this set have said it's NOT an upscale but it's not the full 1080p HD that we were expecting (only the epilogue appears to be animated at full HD), most are guessing it's at least 720p or a bit higher.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    It's a moot point considering this is sold out. Even if they release standard edition DVDs and stuff out of Japan I'd still be happy with my limited Blu-ray box.

And actually - the real red leather jacket they used as reference is kinda ugly to me. (it's the same material as the jacket Chibi-shiki wears in the claymations). Shame there's no Shiki to wear it

How much was the set sold for originally? I just bought the set on Ebay - now just have to wait for it to arrive. Its funny that the seller is living some 50 minutes away by car. Weird coincidences.