Thread: Madoka Lighter & Softer, my last big fanfiction

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries

Madoka Lighter & Softer, my last big fanfiction

Well, I finally did it. I stopped using Fanfiction.net for posting fics. Not that that matters, since ML&S is the last major fanfic I'm ever gonna do.

EDIT: Link is gone. If you still want to read what I've completed, ask me in a PM.

Instead, I'll just shill a little more. Yo Rapebird! (I think it's you who always says this, if not, correct me) You know how you tend to say Urobutcher is a "hack"? I personally disagree. I save that term more for people like Seltzer and Friedberg, but I can understand why Gen's style might not gel with some people. Sooo . . . have you ever wondered what a version of PMMM would be like without Gen's excesses? I have. I should know, I've finished three chapters so far. (Oh! I thought I would only be done with two chapters by this point! Go me!)

Of course, just because I say it's lighter and softer than canon doesn't mean it's entirely bereft of nastiness. Anyone who's read my other fics knows I'm quite capable of that. I just call this project that because I was inspired by the Evangelion fanfic Nobody Dies . . . or at least the earlier, better chapters of that, before it got too outlandish. I do have an ending planned for this, but knowing me, it will probably take at least two years before I wrap things up.

So if you like PMMM and wanna read a fic, with music, click the link. You've got an AN and three long (by my standards) chapters to devour. I'm already partially done with chapter 4 too, so hopefully, I can get that out in due time. And do admire the chibi girls in the background; seriously, I had to perform all these things just to get that to load up. Fuckin' memory limits . . .
    Last edited by xm0123; January 14th, 2013 at 11:54 PM.
    g

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tobias hates Madoka, I doubt he wants to read fanfiction of it.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Tobias hates Madoka, I doubt he wants to read fanfiction of it.
    So? I hate Code Geass, yet one of my favorites fanfics of all time is an AU of that. That's why I thought of saying that. Then again, reading my ramblings is entirely optional, so don't feel forced to.

After all, some of you would probably prefer for me to finish more, so you can see what I have in store.
    g

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't read fandoms I despise with a fervent passion because I know when there are irredeemable qualities in a fandom.

Also the characters are OOC as fuck. Dialogue is stilted, descriptions are kind of bland, and Madoka calling her parents "Mommy" and "Daddy" freaks me out because she is not seven

I am digging the 90s reminiscence though. Do we get midis and a forced-Flash encoded chapter menu?
    Last edited by Frantic Author; January 9th, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

Quote Originally Posted by Frantic Author View Post
    I don't read fandoms I despise with a fervent passion because I know when there are irredeemable qualities in a fandom.

Also the characters are OOC as fuck. Dialogue is stilted, descriptions are kind of bland, and Madoka calling her parents "Mommy" and "Daddy" freaks me out because she is not seven

I am digging the 90s reminiscence though. Do we get midis and a forced-Flash encoded chapter menu?
    FUCK YOU FRANTIC

jk
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    > Madoka

> Lighter and softer

I'm having trouble picturing this.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Could have sworn she called them Mama and Papa (which can translate to mommy/daddy). Don't lie to yourself, she is basically seven.

Anyway a "lighter and softer" Madoka would basically just be a bog-standard Magical Girl series, so I dunno if this is even necessary.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Anyway a "lighter and softer" Madoka would basically just be a bog-standard Magical Girl series, so I dunno if this is even necessary.
    Is this a bad sign telling us that Urobuchi is such bad writer that the fans will rather have Madoka Magica as a standard pre-fab 90s magical girl show than what we have today?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan The Mouse View Post
    Is this a bad sign telling us that Urobuchi is such bad writer that the fans will rather have Madoka Magica as a standard pre-fab 90s magical girl show than what we have today?
    Te anime is one of the best selling ones of all time, won numerous awards and has spawned a huge, huge number of fanworks that did not take the lighter-and-softer approach.

Iunno, can you really say it's bad when it spawns a few that do take that approach?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Glorious Grammar Master Race Frantic Author's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Could have sworn she called them Mama and Papa (which can translate to mommy/daddy). Don't lie to yourself, she is basically seven.
    Isn't she like, 12 or 13? I didn't know any 12 or 13 year olds who called their parents Mommy and daddy :I
    in the end we will make thoughtcrime impossible, for there shall be no words to express it

#THELEGENDNEVERDIES

[01:05.15] <@Spinach> I can flash gang signs faster than Sasuke can perform ninjutsu and I rap like Medea's High Speed Divine Words.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Isn't she like, 12 or 13? I didn't know any 12 or 13 year olds who called their parents Mommy and daddy :I
    You do know a 17 year old who does that, though.

Hiya.

"To a man with a sense of shame, his word is inviolate." Ivan The Mouse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Te anime is one of the best selling ones of all time, won numerous awards and has spawned a huge, huge number of fanworks that did not take the lighter-and-softer approach.

Iunno, can you really say it's bad when it spawns a few that do take that approach?
    I dunno either, but somebody's making it lighter and softer here and it's not being too well received.

I guess it's all in the writing.

Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Blog Entries
    Every girl in a in magical girl show is fourteen. Except when they're not.

夜属 Nightkin
    Blog Entries
    After reading these posts, I now don't know if I should continue this project or not. You are my initial test audience for this project, and this is a negative response, and not a troll response either, so I can't just say, "Fuck all y'all!" and ignore it.

The only one who posted detailed criticisms of the fic itself is Frantic Author, and given your history, I can't be certain if your criticisms are legitimate, or if you're just being nitpicky, but I'll assume they're legitimate. Yes, a few of the canon characters are OOC, that's on purpose. I have a knack of doing that in many of my fics, although now it seems I can no longer write fanfiction without drastically altering canon. Is this a sign that I should move on to original fiction entirely sooner than I thought? At least then I can manipulate the setting and players to do precisely what I want.

As for bland descriptions, that's just part of my writing style, so this may be a subjective thing, but I'll keep your words in mind for future works. As for dialog and, well, the OOC-ness, I could try to "improve" these aspects, but doing so would require me to scrap everything I had planned and start anew, which I'd rather not do, not for a fanfic anyway. Then again, if most of you are turned off by the concept itself, then why continue wasting the time and effort?

Even as I say this, I'm still contemplating the future of ML&S. I may try another test audience on another site, or I may just pull the plug right now and concentrate on my original works completely. I don't know, this is all very hard to explain, but honestly, I don't feel like promoting nor discussing this project here anymore. Because of which, I've removed the link to the site, because I am also requesting that this thread be closed before any potential drama* erupts. No sense keeping a link to what may likely become a dead site on a closed thread, after all. If, for whatever reason, you still wanna read what I've completed, ask me in a PM. I do keep all of my projects, finished or not, on my hard drive for posterity.

But yes, mods, admins, shut this down please.

*Okay, this is unlikely, but I still don't want any drama to start on a thread I made.
    g

I know what you've been doing, nii-san. Dark Pulse's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Closed per thread author's request.
    "Get lost. You wouldn't recognize a goddamn vampire if one jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick."

Of Leaves and Lilac - Two weeks in the life of Tohno Akiha.
    Returning real soon-like!

Old Quote Crap!

Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    99% of all Terminators would destroy John Connor over any other carbon-based life form.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster
    Why do you think we got all these mods? So I can sit back and do jack shit, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    I propose more forumite-based words. Like Darpleosity (adj. a state of existence signified to calmly analyzing and making an argument/case in a way that defuses tensions and makes the participants in said argument look like twats for continuing on with antagonizing and/or being stubborn for the sake of being stubborn while also using good-natured humor to enhance said post).
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Having been, as I3uster put it, "other clueless dude" earlier today in precisely this fashion, I'm going to have to be in favor of necromancy. Or be a hypocrite. But as a lawyer, I prefer to get paid when I indulge in hypocrisy, thank you, so I'll stick with necromancy.

[14:06] [Cruor] petri is it possible to play Phoenix III/Steppewolf without it crashing
    [14:08] [Kelnish] no
    [14:08] [Kelnish] it isn't
    [14:09] [Cruor] how can there be so many bugs
    [14:09] [Cruor] in one mod
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Because quality assurance doesn't exist anymore
    [14:10] [Dark_Pulse] Unless it's Quality Ass, U Rance
    [14:10] [Daiki] ...
    [14:10] [I3uster] oh god dp was funny
    [14:10] [I3uster] apocalypse confirmed
    [14:10] [Wakame] the horror