Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOETIA: The Abyss Looks Back - A CYOA RPG

Just make sure you are careful.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    [X] Press for more answers on how to resist manipulation by demons. Carefully.
    The cloaked figure that is "Ozymandius" chuckles. "That much should be obvious. Pious faith and an austere sense of morality, for one. Knowledge of those few material things that keep us away. Blessed artifacts - not those baubles and trinkets you see thrown around as tickets to Heaven." Ozy says the word with longing and hatred through its many voices. Curious. "I dare say that there must be at least thirteen and a half complete skeletons of Simon Peter going around if you'd listen to those people. Ha! Amusing."

You aren't sure whether to share the sentiment or to be sickened that you agree with the demon in front of you. Your father is a faithful, pious man, while your mother has studied wisdom literature from copies of Silk Road books - which you've read, too.

"But you won't find any of those things down here, boy. Here in the border between Purgatory and the start of Pandaemonium, well..." Ozy trails off, bringing a hand to cradle its shadowed chin. "You're a candidate for housing one of the 72, so you might just amuse one of the Princes enough to keep safe."

[] Ask about your "candidacy".
    [] Ask about the Princes.

xxxxxxx

The CYOA thing seems to be popular, so Wynaut revive this? Obviously I have to go over my notes again for this, but this won't hurt.
    [edit]
    While asking the question(s), we'll be moving forward - out into the streets of the borderlands between Purgatory and Pandaemonium.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; May 13th, 2015 at 04:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

[x] Ask about your "candidacy".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janx View Post
    [x] Ask about your "candidacy".
    "It would be rather boring to have you respond to one of the 72 names here and now, boy, but perhaps knowing will make it all the more amusing for the rest of us." When he motions for the foliots archaically, you notice for the first time that under the robes there are dozens of small tomes at Ozy's belt. But it's only a glimpse and then Ozy starts speaking again, this time the voices are echoing louder. A few are laughing. A few are crying. You don't want to know if those emotions are directed at you or your circumstances.

"The 72 are known to some of you humans, but I doubt someone would try to 'taint' you with the knowledge, if your relations are what you say they are." You can make out a jagged smile splitting the darkness under Ozy's cloak, "Now for the fun part. I'm sure you'll stop me when you hear the correct name." The echoing, haunting voices start listing off 72 names. It feels like they do so all at once. The cuts on your body start to burn. You see the callous eyes of the foliots boring into your eyes, but you can't look away from the spot where Ozy's eyes should be.

Then a name echoes in your own skull, not through your ears by hearing Ozy, but reverberating through your bones as though you had tried to punch metal or been next to a bell tolling. How do you know the name? You can't know it. You don't know it. Someone else does that's right there beside you. You clutch your shirt over your heart as if that will help you calm down.

My
    Its
    name is...

[] Gaap
    [] Volac
    [] Leraje
    [] Crocell
    [] (Write in from the 72 in the Lesser Key of Solomon)
    Last edited by Lycodrake; May 13th, 2015 at 05:37 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Phenex
    Collection of cherished moments
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE
    <Zagrin> I'll kill ya Plue

Quote Originally Posted by Plue View Post
    Phenex
    +1

Blog Entries
    Phenex is an interesting choice; its desire to return to Heaven is an odd one to add to this tale. Any particular reasoning, you two?
    F/GO SUPPORT

It seemed interesting. The quest to return to what it once was is probably something that Ichabod? Could resonate with.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

I felt a pheonix-y name was fitting for this thread's rebirth.

Blog Entries
    My
    Its
    name is Phenex.

Suddenly
    it
    you
    remember something you shouldn't be able to. Sleepy eyes cracking open to the sight of a bled-out youth upon a burning red circle. A beak in place of a nose. Feathers of flame and smoke in place of arms outstretched to hold the scene steady. None of this makes sense to you, but it does to it.

Thoughtlessly, you give voice to the whispered name: "Phenex." Something in your gut, or at least you think it's your guy, twists and you have to resist the urge to fall to your knees and throw up. Ozy's shadowed grin thins only slightly. Even you can see something in that expression. Is it amusement? Pity? The look an older sibling gives when fondly speaking of the younger?

No, you can't possibly be empathizing with a demon. "What's that look for, Ozymandius?" You ask before you think. Your thoughts are elsewhere and nowhere.

The eyes harden and any trace of emotion switches to indifference. "Oh, just reminiscing. Now then, I do believe it's time we move through these doors." Ozy swiftly turns to the foliots, making a clear demand of them. For such a figure to command brutes like them around...well, you already could tell that Ozy was higher on that totem pole. A haunting light fills the crack in the door before spreading wide, blinding you with a pale orange flash of light and the smell of smoke.

Ozy welcomes you to road to the:

[] District of Envy
    [] District of Pride
    [] (Write in other 7 Deadly Sin District; however,
    Phenex
    Ichabod
    may not be ready for them - at all. Be warned.)
    F/GO SUPPORT

Envy.
    I'LL KILL YOU PLUE

Envy. Pride is an overused theme these days.

Blog Entries
    Might be a delay on the next update since I'm going over my notes and re-researching various sources for this. Nothing too intensive, obviously.
    So I'll add another choice. Upon entering the District of Envy, should we:
    [] Have Ozy lead us to a representative of The Prince of Envy?
    [] Search for some form of library for more information?
    [] Press Ozy for what he/it really is?
    [] Ask Ozy what he/it knows of Phenex? (And what our chances of survival are.)

Note: the last two aren't exclusive, but seeing a representative and finding a library at this moment are.
    F/GO SUPPORT