Page 237 of 282 FirstFirst ... 137187227232235236237238239242247 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 5637

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    The folder is My Documents\TYPE-MOON\魔法使いの夜\patches
    (with patch.xp3, patch2.xp3 and patch3.xp3 in the patches folder)
    Isn't the patches folder inside the savedata folder?
    burn your dread you coward

"Don't get any ideas!" Bitch, you should be all over his dick after all that.

In all seriousness though, that was a very enjoyable read and I'm definitely looking forward to more. Thanks a ton for all your hard work mcjon!

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomPen94 View Post
    Isn't the patches folder inside the savedata folder?
    魔法使いの夜 is the name of the save folder.

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Well then something weird's going on with my game:

Not that I mind since I can read the chapters just fine, but weird nonetheless.

Is there a way you can lay this without the key?
    FGO ID: 647,895,039 Lead: Saber Alter lvl 70

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Quote Originally Posted by aldrin77 View Post
    Is there a way you can lay this without the key?
    Use a NoDVD patch.

Blog Entries
    Well then something weird's going on with my game:

Not that I mind since I can read the chapters just fine, but weird nonetheless.
    Your save folder seems to be under the game folder itself instead of in Documents, dunno why that would be. Windows 8 I guess?

JP Friend Code
    nonexistant
    Your save folder seems to be under the game folder itself instead of in Documents, dunno why that would be. Windows 8 I guess?
    I have Windows 10. But I dunno. What matters is that it's working.

Blog Entries
    You can choose that as an option during installation (possibly only if you're installing somewhere that isn't program files, though, idk I haven't really tested it to see.)

hey guys me and my friend are translating it, this is what we've done so far
    instructions are in the read me file. thanks!
    ****************************file/d/0B5W...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Neko_urself; October 22nd, 2015 at 09:07 AM.

Use a NoDVD patch.
    Do you have a download link for that?
    FGO ID: 647,895,039 Lead: Saber Alter lvl 70

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors kotelo's Avatar
    What's with all this Mahoyo love recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Neko_urself View Post
    hey guys me and my friend are translating it, this is what we've done so far
    instructions are in the read me file. thanks!
    ****************************file/d/0B5W...ew?usp=sharing
    As the other person who's working (worked?) on this I just want to say that this is completely unedited and likely contains some errors/typos etc, so bear that in mind if you do decide to read it. I think this version only has chapter 1 finished as well.

I read through and compared it with part of McJon's script (which is great btw), and noticed we went for completely different writing styles so that's interesting.

But yeah if you have any questions feel free to leave them here.
    Last edited by TBAC; October 22nd, 2015 at 10:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    inb4 yeah I'll make a switch for the translations.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAC View Post
    As the other person who's working (worked?) on this I just want to say that this is completely unedited and likely contains some errors/typos etc, so bear that in mind if you do decide to read it. I think this version only has chapter 1 finished as well.

I read through and compared it with part of McJon's script (which is great btw), and noticed we went for completely different writing styles so that's interesting.

But yeah if you have any questions feel free to leave them here.
    Yeah, I wouldn't really even know where to begin when it comes to translating a writer's style between languages, but I tried to keep the "juvenile novel" keyword in mind while I was writing, since that genre was apparently Nasu's inspiration for Mahoyo Part 1. I was shooting for a more YA vibe, with (relatively) unpretentious language and clear sentences (except for the first part of the first scene, which I wanted to give a more storybook/fairy tale feel). No idea if I succeeded at all, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't really even know where to begin when it comes to translating a writer's style between languages, but I tried to keep the "juvenile novel" keyword in mind while I was writing, since that genre was apparently Nasu's inspiration for Mahoyo Part 1. I was shooting for a more YA vibe, with (relatively) unpretentious language and clear sentences (except for the first part of the first scene, which I wanted to give a more storybook/fairy tale feel). No idea if I succeeded at all, though.
    I think you succeeded with the YA style. For my part I was trying to keep up the storybook feel throughout, although during chapter two the original writing loses that feeling a bit. I also wanted to keep it as close to the original as possible, given Nasu's reputation for his unique writing style, but as with you, no idea whether I've succeeded or not.

Are you planning to continue your translation? Wondering whether to continue mine or not, with yours and potentially Commie's around the corner. Still, it was fun getting as far as I did! Translating the students talking amongst themselves is a real challenge.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Yeah my main issue with other translations (ok just the one but I feel bad singling him out all the time) was that they tried to make it sound way more grandiose than a YA novel about some teens in a house should be, and I was glad you didn't do that. So I think you succeeded.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors kotelo's Avatar
    I just realised that in many scenes I couldn't tell apart mahou from majutsu. What did you use for each Mcjon? And maybe capitalizing some words might help to highlight some concepts, like Magic Circuit.

Blog Entries
    If you want a bunch of Unnecessary Capitalization of Random Terms you can go read TV Tropes.

It's a conscious decision on my part to make the setting specific terminology less prominent and just another part of the world. I only capitalize things that are supposed to be capitalized like organizations or titles.

And majutsu is sorcery while mahou is magic. But it should be apparent by how they're used which one is the super special one?
    Last edited by Mcjon01; October 22nd, 2015 at 11:19 PM.