Page 273 of 282 FirstFirst ... 173223263268271272273274275278 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 5637

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    OMG is the translation project really dead again? When did this happen?

I'll assume that's not some sort of post-sarcasm joke, but no, this is just the old thread for McJon's patch that someone necro'd for some reason. HM's project thread is in the Translation subforum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Ubergeneral's Avatar
    Oh you got me. I don't follow this topic but as soon as an english patch is up I will read Mahoyo. I was just suprised and wasn't in on the joke LOL

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wait am I crazy or aren't there two mahoyo threads on BL?

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Blog Entries
    Seems like it. One where spoilers are allowed, and one were they aren't, looks like. I didn't know about this thread at all lol, only the other one. I guess this one must have been buried beneath other threads. I had a question about the game, and I want to avoid spoilers, so this topic is better for me, but I decided to risk reading the replies to my post in the other topic, since my post was moved there, and I don't want to retype it here.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    so how is the translation folks
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Seems pretty solid to me, so far, if a bit over-localized in some places. I'm currently messing around with extracting data from the Switch builds to see how much work it would be to patch the HD textures (and possibly TL) into the OG PC game.

What do you mean by "over-localized? I hope it's nothing major since I find that stuff kinda weird. (I haven't played the game yet, that's why I'm asking)

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kirishima's Avatar
    It uses imperial units instead of metric so it's literally unreadable

Quote Originally Posted by DaNike View Post
    Seems pretty solid to me, so far, if a bit over-localized in some places. I'm currently messing around with extracting data from the Switch builds to see how much work it would be to patch the HD textures (and possibly TL) into the OG PC game.
    This would be much, much appreciated, speaking as someone with no consoles. I know emulation is a possibility, but patching a TL into a PC native game would be that much easier.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
    It uses imperial units instead of metric so it's literally unreadable
    Seriously? Ugh...*groan*

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Quote Originally Posted by kirien View Post
    What do you mean by "over-localized? I hope it's nothing major since I find that stuff kinda weird. (I haven't played the game yet, that's why I'm asking)
    The biggest thing I've noticed are the translation of honorifics into "Miss" and the like. There's also one instance of a (very strange) joke/reference made by the teacher in the first chapter about Lewis and Clark? It's a voiced line too, so you can tell that that's not what he said, though I am assuming that the original is referencing some famous Japanese explorer. These aren't common enough to be especially annoying to me yet, and as I said, the TL is quite good otherwise, IMO. Certainly more understandable than the old TL through French.

Oh, and they also don't seem to know what an em dash is, and use hyphens instead.

It's always the honorifics, isn't it? I don't know, I feel like every solution to translating honorifics is wrong hahah.

The em dash and hypen thing is rather weird though. They serve entirely different purposes so it's kind of funky to see hypens where em dashes should be. Unless the font is just odd like that.

Anyway, it's good to hear that overall translation is well put together since it is really scary when it comes to console games.

In other news, I think I understand the formats well enough to be able to start work on an HD and TL patch generator for PC

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by kirien View Post
    It's overly-"Americanized":
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtodyle, post: 88959044, member: 314729
    Examples?
    Well one big example is they cut out sentences a lot:
    Spoiler:

And add in bizarre Americanisms, to the point of cutting out jokes or character quirks:
    I don't even call it localization anymore
    it's americanization
    the translator from time to time rears their head with audible American references
    and cuts out like English tea brand names
    even when the brand name is called out in English
    W h a t
    it magically vanishes in text
    They cut out the fucking TEA?
    yes
    TL seems to be overall fine but has some wacko americanization
    The tea is actually important to Alice' being an english shithead, lmao
    They mention tea but no brands I think
    Yeah but the brands lead to Alice being an "exquisite" lady joke
    also I hate how the translator just leaves out nuanced jokes
    Shizuki asks about how everyone just goes to school to learn shit
    and then tell Yamashiro that this school is very "school"
    instead we get "Yep this is a real school"
    there's misrepresentations almost every sentence
    and it's not an accident or error
    it's intentional
    like, "well, dumb american readers wouldn't care / understand x, right? so let's just skip over a bunch of sentences and / or change things to an americanism"
    I am so glad that this edition has voiceovers
    so I can actually hear the dialog for myself
    even with my very rough feel for Japanese I can hear big differences in just some of the spoken lines
    It's to the point you can notice the translation has cut out stuff thanks to there being voices.
    The translation would literally cut out stuff ans you could tell it was cut out because the voices would keep on talking.

It's terrible.

AFAICT, the engine is such that the lines in each language must match up perfectly. One 'line' in JP matches up with one 'line' in English, even if they physically appear to be different lengths. (On that note, it would also be ridiculously easy to create a patch which replaces the lines in the TL with something different. I could probably get that going tomorrow.)

Quote Originally Posted by DaNike View Post
    AFAICT, the engine is such that the lines in each language must match up perfectly. One 'line' in JP matches up with one 'line' in English, even if they physically appear to be different lengths. (On that note, it would also be ridiculously easy to create a patch which replaces the lines in the TL with something different. I could probably get that going tomorrow.)
    Whould you mind helping a my dumbass out?
    When you are saying that it is ridiculously easy to patch, do you mean patching voice lines to the 2012 pc game or "fixing" the TL for the switch game? I assume that you are taking about the new one. Is it really that easy to patch a switch game then? You'd also need a retranslation.
    This is a genuine question I'm just kinda dumb like this, sorry

I mean patching the TL for Switch. The format that the text is in is simple enough to modify, then it's just a matter of generating a mod that can be loaded by an emulator.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    It's overly-"Americanized":
    The translation would literally cut out stuff ans you could tell it was cut out because the voices would keep on talking.

It's terrible.
    This quoteblock is an absolute mess. Anyways, some bits of prose being oversimplified is absolutely a problem with the English release. I don't disagree with that point in the slightest. But wow, this post of yours sucks at picking examples. Sure, the first Fallacies screenshot demonstrates perfectly the issue at hand, but every other "proof" are just obvious cuts of trademarked names that aren't worth the legal hassle.

Tell me about your best girl, and why she is Sakura Matou. Best Girl's Avatar
    Y'all think it is worth it to drop the money on the collector's edition or nah?