Page 275 of 282 FirstFirst ... 175225265270273274275276277280 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 5637

Thread: Mahoutsukai no Yoru

Quote Originally Posted by Rider_simp View Post
    I couldn't find anything online saying that RenPy isn't performant and there aren't any alternatives that is as simple and as flexible as RenPy, especially with the release of V8 using py3 instead of py2, it got a significant boost in speed and stability
    I'm speaking entirely from my own experience with Ren'Py games. I wouldn't be surprised if the upgrade to Python 3 significantly improves performance, but at the end of the day, it is still Python, a rather notoriously slow language.

Honestly, I feel like KiriKiri would be a better choice of engine, especially given its what Fate, HA, and OG Mahoyo used. That being said, it has its own set of problems, including a criminal lack of documentation, and KiriKiri 2 being nearly 20 years old, with krkrz not seeming to be under active development...

I've also been working on my own engine for some time now, though even calling it in its infancy right now is an overstatement... Eventually, once its actually remotely useful, I'd like to do an auto-port from Mahoyo to it as a tech demo. If it can handle everything there, I'll be very happy. I imagine that's still quite a ways away though.

Very curious about your engine.... Are you making it from scratch with a compiled language like C/C++ for performance and using an easy to integrate scripting language like Lua??

Also as for my porting efforts, I decided to switch to Monogatari engine which is web based since I am very familiar with web technologies and if Chromium can handle Apple's website, it can definitely handle TsukiRe. I have already made the initial splash screen and Main Menu (the UI still needs some polish) and I am working on getting the UI as faithful to the original as possible.

I will publish everything in a GitHub repo so suggestions for improvements will be appreciated!

EDIT: Also I am having some issues extracting the VN assets in Linux, the overall size of the bntx files are coming at 44.8GB
    Extracting it's becoming a nightmare..... I wish I could get pre extracted assets from somewhere online...

Also where do I get the BGMs and the Voice Lines??
    Last edited by Rider_simp; December 28th, 2022 at 04:57 PM.

Very curious about your engine.... Are you making it from scratch with a compiled language like C/C++ for performance and using an easy to integrate scripting language like Lua??
    It's a fully custom (down to Unicode implementation, which has been taking most of my time lately...) engine in C#, using a custom script format which is not turing complete by design. The general idea is that all but the simplest logic is implemented in C# and referenced from the scripts when needed. The intent is that it will be fully AOT compiled though.

EDIT: Also I am having some issues extracting the VN assets in Linux, the overall size of the bntx files are coming at 44.8GB
    Extracting it's becoming a nightmare..... I wish I could get pre extracted assets from somewhere online...

Also where do I get the BGMs and the Voice Lines??
    No surprise the assets are huge when fully uncompressed. Not much you can do on that front other than recompressing them to be smaller.
    In Mahoyo, at least, all audio is available in the stream/ folder of the RomFS as Nintento Opus audio (use vgmstream). Mahoyo also seems to store the same data in witch.bfsar. I'm not actually sure why the data is duplicated, but it does appear to be.

Quote Originally Posted by DaNike View Post
    It's a fully custom (down to Unicode implementation, which has been taking most of my time lately...) engine in C#, using a custom script format which is not turing complete by design. The general idea is that all but the simplest logic is implemented in C# and referenced from the scripts when needed. The intent is that it will be fully AOT compiled though.
    C#....Will it be compatible with Linux?

Also, it sounds a lot like the VNDS interpreter.

How will you implement animation and transitions? And will the game UI be fixed or can it be styled by users???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DaNike View Post
    No surprise the assets are huge when fully uncompressed. Not much you can do on that front other than recompressing them to be smaller.
    In Mahoyo, at least, all audio is available in the stream/ folder of the RomFS as Nintento Opus audio (use vgmstream). Mahoyo also seems to store the same data in witch.bfsar. I'm not actually sure why the data is duplicated, but it does appear to be.
    It looks like the stream folder also contained 16602 sound files that I then converted with a bash script using vgmstream and ffmpeg. I will also check the knife2.bfsar archive with switch toolbox if it contains anything extra once I get switch toolbox to run on linux that is...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Man taipu muun is really a small indie dev if they didn't want to port voices into the pc version.

Your not a TYPE MOON fan if you don't even own a TM Merch or haven't fapped to a TM character.

Yeah, remember when all the big companies released remasters but also added all the things they put in the new remastered release into the original version so that it was exactly the same as the new release.

No wait, nobody does that because it makes no sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    Yeah, remember when all the big companies released remasters but also added all the things they put in the new remastered release into the original version so that it was exactly the same as the new release.

No wait, nobody does that because it makes no sense.
    How does that make any sense? Just because original game is on PC it doen't mean that you cannot relase improved remake for the same platform alongside other systems.
    If you do that you are not improving the old game, you are releasing a remake for the same platfrom and that's what people want.

Because that's not what he said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

He might've worded it poorly but I don't want to speak for him. I feel like nobody is expecting them to just port voice lines to the original release lol

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I haven't played the new Mahoyo HD but is the VN any different from the original
    In Japanese, there are a few very minor text differences between original and Remaster. Like on the level of making some real-life pop culture references more vague to mitigate copyright issue.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    it's set in the 80's, your pop culture references are going to be either outdated or anachronistic

or both
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Aoko saying she's hot for Schwarzenegger was very funny.

Does anyone have any idea where I can watch Witch on the holy night voiced?

well since there`s "warnings" against posting videos after chapter 5`s most people dont go further than that.

furthest along i found was only at chapter 10 and still posting vids on youtube, the channel is Joe_Bagadoe_Nautz

dunno about one without a letsplayer voice on top
    Last edited by madarra; January 13th, 2023 at 06:57 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Alice, I simp

Does this have references to tsukihime? Besides Aoko being the one who gives Shiki his glasses I mean.

I wanted to finish Tsukihime before playing this, but I've been busy and only managed to finish Arcueid's route before my copy of mahoyo arrived, which honestly I'm more excited about than ciel's route. Would it be better to finish Tsukihime or I'm not going to miss anything by playing Mahoyo first?

US Friend Code
    Except for Aoko's role with Shiki, they're unconnected. Mahoyo takes place way before Tsukihime, when Aoko was still a teenager.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Except for Aoko's role with Shiki, they're unconnected. Mahoyo takes place way before Tsukihime, when Aoko was still a teenager.
    Thanks! I'll begin Mahoyo then.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, Mahoyo is set about 20 years before Shiki is even born
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.