Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Went Left, Mind Flayers

Yes, another Tsukihime fanfic that doesn't crossover.

And Arihiko... wow, just wow.

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Uh, the fic is Tsukihime/FSN...
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    YES, IT'S ABOUT TIME.

Oh, how I've been waiting for this~~~

I am so excited <3
    Last edited by Neir; March 9th, 2013 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The twist:

Arihiko x Saber.

Bam.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    The twist:
    Arihiko x Saber.
    Bam.
    Booo, get off the stage! :V
    /jk XP
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keimarios View Post
    Just to clarify, the Shinji that will show up survived becoming a corrupted grail thanks to Rin, right? I know that someone did a fic where Rin and Shinji interact directly after those events, but I'm having trouble recalling who.
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread...-Outside-Grace

Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Two Tsuki continuity questions: is this based of Ciel Good or True (not that it really matters; just curious...)? And is the assumption that Sacchin is a vampire but never got killed on stage, or just that she made it home ignored and alive and so she's a normal person here? I guess we'll find that out next chapter in any event...
    Well, for the first, I've got an indirect answer: if Shiki were going on a trip and Arc were still around, do you really think he'd have been able to board that train unmolested?

As for Satsuki, I always kind of hedge on her status whenever it comes up. I did the same the last time I wrote a Shiki x Ciel bit too. So the answer is, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdunno.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    I always believe that she still got vamped and then Ciel killed her in the Near Side routes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.

Assets transcending Virtual and Reality themasterwarlord's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh lawl, was Arihiko this genre savvy before? Anyway, subscribed.

~I hate writing English paragraphs longer that one line. Or any language, really.~

In the middle of re-re-redoubling the effort of erasing the habit of lurking for the 9001st time

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Ah, thanks for the link, its been a while.
    Send a message to the future.
    Not a Rick Roll, honest.
    BUTTER LETTUCE PARTY!
    The Nothingness really needs a little sumthin' sumthin', seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Yes, another Tsukihime fanfic that doesn't crossover.
    They're becoming a bit of a dying breed, aren't they?

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    For future reference, I don't particularly pay attention to the idea of "crossovers" when it comes to Nasuverse. They take place in the same world, so I don't really see it as a crossover. You can basically expect that anything somewhat lengthy I do that's Tsuki-focused will have references big or small to Fate, Kara, Mahoyo, or whatnot, and the same in reverse. I don't have any grand plans for an actual crossover, though, unless it is purely for the purposes of humor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    As for Satsuki, I always kind of hedge on her status whenever it comes up. I did the same the last time I wrote a Shiki x Ciel bit too. So the answer is, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdunno.
    Seems like a good answer to me!

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Chapter 2
    Double Bull’s Eye

The senior trip was the pinnacle of a Japanese high school student’s life. It represented many things: the last bit of teenaged irresponsibility before diving into the professional world, the last grand adventure for friends and peers before separating for work or college, the last major event they would experience before graduation, and of course, the last chance to screw around with their high school instructors and make their lives miserable.

Nobody confessed outright, although it was pretty clear who was responsible. Like school festivals and club events, the arrangements for the class trip had been handled by the students. Students had broken into teams to figure out the train tickets, tour guides, restaurant booking, and of course hotel arrangements.

Of course, the advisability of putting five boys in charge of the latter without supervision was not the best idea their homeroom teacher had.

“I’m so terribly sorry,” the teacher kept saying to the hotel staff. Over and over.

The traditional Japanese inn that had been their destination was, at least, large enough to house the entire class and more. Unfortunately, the students in charge of booking had misinformed the staff as to the number of people that would be in attendance. They only booked two large rooms—barely enough to fit the entire class in, and their class had boys outnumbering girls. The joke being, of course, that if the teacher was going to be fair about the sleeping arrangements, three or four boys would have to be roomed with the girls.

The punchline to the joke: the entire remainder of the inn was also booked.

The clowns responsible had jumped at the opportunity: when the inn staff had questioned over the phone whether they represented other students from Fuyuki, it became clear that another school was sending their students on a trip to that very location and had already booked part of the inn. If it was the same school represented, it would of course be easier to accommodate the guests in case the sleeping arrangements were not ideal numerically when they arrived.

“’Course,” Arihiko said, “at this rate, Minato and Nakajima are gonna be dead anyway, so that’ll fix things a bit.”

“I wonder if they actually thought it through,” Shiki said, his voice deadpan. “Great idea, completely memorable, only one minor flaw: there was a single group in charge of hotel reservations. Not like they had any chance of being the ones in with the girls when you think about it for more than five seconds.”

The duo stood off slightly from the rest of the class as they waited outside, distinctly off to one side of the courtyard to the front of the inn. The Fuyuki class that had booked the remainder of the hotel stood off to the other, clearly unsure what was going on, talking amongst themselves.

For the most part, anyway.

“So all this for the chance to inconvenience you girls? How terrible. I’m sure this can be resolved if our class gives a helping hand.”

He was one of the Fuyuki students, with dark hair in that ruffled, wavy form that somehow looked elegant in how unkempt it was. He also had one of those kind of voices that sounded intelligent no matter what it was he said. Coupled with the smile that must have been perfected for hours in front of a mirror, he came across entirely too understanding and helpful. He addressed the group of girls that included the class representative—meaning the group least likely to interact with Arihiko and Shiki—but his presence was just enough that everyone in the class took notice.

Apparently, the player’s actions were not unnoticed by his own class representative either. “Matou-kun, please stop your amorous habits. This situation is complicated enough as it is.” In contrast to the player, the Fuyuki class rep had a stern gaze only enhanced by the set of glasses he wore. “Let the instructors handle it.”

“Not everyone likes to be by-the-book, Ryuudou-kun,” the player replied, emphasizing the form of address sharply. He had the perfect pitch to come across as absolutely bratty.

“Maybe they’ll punch each other out and we’ll get a show,” Arihiko said, elbowing Shiki. When there was no response, Arihiko glared at his friend only to find Shiki staring off into the distance, his interest in the situation far gone. “You are so whipped.”

Shiki scowled; at least he was still listening to some of it. “Hey, valid thought this time, since I’m sure senpai would have this situation all under control if she were here.”

Arihiko did not buy it. It still sounded like an excuse.

Some of their classmates were starting to look agitated. Between the unfamiliar surroundings, sore feet from walking a large portion of the day, and the insufferable smile that Fuyuki student was giving some of the prettier girls of the class, a sense of impending trouble began to hover around many of the boys in class. Many sat hunched together, casting furtive glances over shoulders at the one called Matou, and if eyes were lasers the player would probably have been struck dead a dozen times over.

Oddly, as she approached, Satsuki Yumizuka was not one of them the flirt approached. Arihiko briefly wondered at that, since he considered her one of the cuter girls in class—though recently she had started to come across as somewhat more apart from the others in ways he could not explain. What was it they said girls do? Bloom, or something like that? “So where did the two of you go when we all split up?” the girl asked, glancing about before settling her gaze on them.

“Eh.” Arihiko shrugged. For the first time since arriving at the inn, his gaze wandered to where the ghost-girl-spirit-thing was wandering in amidst all of the other students, watching them with a strange curiosity. The afternoon had actually involved Nanako asking to see various things around the area of the city they were in, and as he was too lazy and Shiki too apathetic to decisively go anyplace themselves, they had obliged the horse girl’s whims. Arihiko was not actually certain what all they had done, since he had only paid half a mind, the other half attempting to make sure he did not come across like a crazy person talking to thin air. “Nothing interesting, if you wanted ideas.”

Satsuki let out a long sigh. “It’s a nice place, but not really much different from home, besides all the older buildings.” The girl glanced around again. A bit of color touched her cheeks—Arihiko thought she looked a little pale otherwise. “Tohno-kun, are you feeling okay? You look a little tired.”

Before Shiki could respond, Arihiko snickered and flung his arm around the smaller boy. “Guy’s been all ‘oh senpai, I luv-luv you, and miss you soooo much, and oh wherefore art thou senpai’ all day. Kinda gross, really.”

Dull-eyed, Shiki said, “Remove thine arm, accursed Tybalt, lest thou lose it.”

“Huh, so you were paying attention in lit class. Damn.”

“I could say the same.”

Satsuki watched their exchange, eyes flicking back and forth, looking rather confused. Instead of attempting to follow their train of thought, she sought to change the subject. “Think we’ll be waiting out here much longer?”

Shiki gave a noncommittal shrug, throwing Arihiko’s arm off his shoulders. “The teacher won’t let us stay out here too long. My guess is we’d go someplace else if it gets too late without some solution.”

“Least it’s sorta nice out,” Arihiko said. He grinned slyly at the girl. “Why, don’t like being in the dark when everything looks all old fashioned out here?”

It did appear as if Satsuki was significantly more nervous than usual. She hunched in more than usual and seemed preoccupied with looking over her shoulder. “I just have a strange feeling is all.”

“Probably Mister Smooth over there giving you the eye. I think he’s systematically working his way to every skirt in our class,” Arihiko said, motioning over to the player from Fuyuki.

“Joining in with the rest?” Shiki asked, his tone still half-disinterested. “Try not to sound so disappointed he beat you to the punch. It is a class trip, after all.”

Arihiko’s grin widened and he forced his arm back around Shiki’s neck before he could attempt an escape again. “Hah. Don’t worry, Tohno, I wouldn’t abandon you for them.”

Both boys missed the extremely suspicious look Satsuki gave them.

“Although he’s got something of an idea,” Arihiko continued on, ignoring Shiki’s struggle to be free of his neck-lock. “Maybe it’s missed on a spoken-for guy like you, Tohno, but chancing upon a bunch of nice-looking girls like this, right when everyone else is probably busy with all the unrequited crushes everyone has that might go unnoticed ‘fore we graduate?”

“You’d really follow that guy’s example?” Satsuki asked, looking disappointed in man’s baser instincts and the idea that Arihiko might be subject to them after all.

“Pff, not like that, no.” He ignored the tap-out Shiki was giving his arm—he was well-rehearsed in his holds and knew how much Shiki could tolerate. The boy was bluffing him. “But no guy is immune to taking a look. Even the ones moaning over there are checking out the Fuyuki girls.”

“I wouldn’t,” Shiki gasped out.

Once again, both boys missed the dejected look Satsuki made at Shiki’s response.

Arihiko rolled his eyes. “Yeah, but that’s ‘cause Ciel-senpai is just so much better than anyone else that she’s probably ruined anyone that’s ever fallen for her. Or because you’re a freak. Actually, I’m not sure which one it is this time.”

“Least I know that means you haven’t fallen for senpai,” Shiki said. He struggled with a few words—Arihiko’s elbow was determined to be in his way.

“But I guess,” Arihiko said, “I probably should take a look, I mean, you never know who you might…find…”

He probably dug his own hole with that.

There was a really hot girl in the other class. Really hot. As in, Arihiko thought she might be an idol or model at first. Long dark hair that seemed perfectly kept, absolutely perfect skin, and a slender, fit figure—particularly her sculpted legs.

Arihiko did not realize he was actually rather taken with her until Shiki managed to twist out of his hold and he felt disinclined to pursue.

“That look,” Satsuki said, her voice unusually deadpan, “it’s the scary look. Tohno-kun, you should do something about it.”

“I’ll find out her name and use her to crush his dreams,” Shiki coughed.

For a moment, Arihiko thought it funny that the player in the Fuyuki class would be hitting on girls in his class when they had someone like that in their midst—only to then spot the girl lean up and say something into the ear of the only other redhead present among the two classes. It was innocent enough, though the easy way she did so and the way the guy grinned in return made their relationship obvious. So the player played because she was taken, and must have deemed the competition too close.

Well, Arihiko reasoned, at least he knew she liked redheads.

Arihiko was not the only person to notice the exchange between the Fuyuki class idol and the school’s false janitor.

For the past few months, Ayako had watched Rin Tohsaka and Shirou Emiya with more and more attentiveness. Neither had said anything, both were nominally single, and the status quo of their year at Homurahara was just as before. However, since their senior year had started, Ayako had begun to notice it: a look here, a smile there, a quick conversation, occasional lapses in concentration from both parties. Ayako’s attempts at bringing up the subject—along with the bet she had once made with Rin—had come up to a stone wall.

“What? I can be nice to the guy, you know,” Rin had said when she had once tried to bring up the subject. “He does a lot of favors for the student council. Meanwhile, Ryuudou-kun is always so terse with me, I can’t just pass along the appreciation.”

It was a sensible response. Proper. Thoughtful.

Entirely not the Rin Tohsaka that Ayako had come to know as school went on.

That was part of the awareness she probably had going for her. Here and there, it seemed as if Shirou were aware of something lurking beneath Rin’s persona if his expressions and occasional comments were to be examined. It meant he sometimes laughed or frowned at things only Ayako had been able to pick out within their class about the school idol.

“Well, if you ever get a chance, you should help me corner him back into the Archery Club,” Ayako had responded. “I may have passed on captaincy, but the guy belongs with us.” She had managed to keep the grin off her face when she added, “Too, we really need to get Sakura to confess to the guy before we’re all graduated.”

It was so absolutely faint Ayako was still considering it might just have been her imagination, but she thought she had caught Rin’s left eyebrow twitch faintly at that.

The fortunate thing about their senior year was they had all been grouped together—all of them with interests in going to a university or overseas study. Watching Rin for any further signs of weakness was easy for it…

“It is almost dinner time, so perhaps we could all eat together? We should get along with our temporary neighbors if we do end up sharing close quarters,” Shinji Matou was saying to the latest group of girls. He had mingled with the vast majority of the Misaki class but had returned to the forefront group that apparently included their class representative. “I’m sure we can all be on friendly terms with one another.”

Of course, Ayako, Rin, and Shirou had to also put up with Shinji. Ayako herself was used to it from club, but it only served as a complication in her eyes. Around the same time she noticed Rin and Shirou’s sudden closeness, Shinji had started acting a little nicer. The accident he was involved with had mostly gone unnoticed—their junior year had a lot of complications at the very end—and she had initially thought his change was from that. It was Sakura, though, that had made her question that, as Ayako had caught the younger Matou girl casting looks at both Rin and Shirou separately, and when in the presence of Shinji, her gaze would turn to him, and a look of relief would come to her.

Sakura apparently thought Rin and Shirou had something to do with Shinji’s improvement, making Ayako instantly suspicious.

The complication truly twisted in on itself when it seemed that Shinji himself was a lot more quiet and withdrawn when Rin or Shirou were around. It meant that Ayako often found herself watching Shinji, like some kind of epiphany might present itself with whatever tangled web of relationships they might have made.

“There’s something,” Ayako said to herself, chewing on her thumbnail as she watched Shinji hit on the Misaki girls, “something, and I need to know, damn it all.”

“You say something, Mitsuzuri?” Shirou asked.

The girl startled almost violently, pulling her hands behind her back. “Oh? Hah, no, nothing, just complaining. Shinji’s going to get us all in trouble, I just know it.” She eyed the chatty boy, then back to Shirou. The fake janitor of their school seemed to be distributing drinks retrieved from a vending machine to the rest of his class—entirely uncalled for, but very gopher-esque of him since some of them had been wondering aloud about dinner. He handed her a coffee drink she’d favored as club captain and she took it gratefully. “If I try and stop him, though, he’d probably turn it around on how I can’t boss him around anymore since I’m not club captain anymore. You want to try?”

“I don’t think he’s really doing anything wrong,” Shirou said. “Someone over there will call him out if he goes too far, right?”

“You’re far more trusting than I am, Emiya.”

Rin wandered over to them at that. “You still ought to do something. Ryuudou-kun seems to be trying everything, but he’s not exactly a diplomat around Matou-kun.” She already had a drink in her hand.

Ayako’s suspicions came to the forefront again, though she had to curse at the fact that there was no confirmation. She and Rin had partnered up for the trip, so they of course would spend most of their time together. Too, Shirou was Issei Ryuudou’s partner, so if the class rep was trying to handle a situation, it would be expected for Shirou to pitch in. And everybody knew Shirou pitched in to help if he could.

In short, Rin’s comment was just as offhand as anybody else’s could have been, but Ayako could not help but notice more, plus the fact that he had already given her a drink meant they were together for a moment when out of her sight—

But it confirmed nothing!

“I’ll get you yet,” she muttered.

“Hmm?” Rin gave Ayako a sidelong glance, a bemused expression creeping up on her. “Get who? Matou-kun?” She leaned in. “You couldn’t possibly be targeting him…?”

That was the crack in her idol armor that Ayako found to be more and more available; she was probably a mean-spirited girl beneath it all. Whenever it was about boys, Rin seemed to poke at Ayako like she was an archer out to hunt her prey, and those metaphors only came up after turning over her captaincy. “Shinji? No way.” She leaned toward Rin in return. “Actually, I’d be far more interested in Shirou if I’m gonna be honest about it.”

Said boy was, despite his words, returning to Issei’s side and looked like he might be formulating ideas about quieting Shinji. Ayako watched him as if she might be a little love-struck, admiring the fact that he certainly did seem to have an odd archer-like elegance to his movements even now, then tried to catch Rin’s reaction out of the corner of her eye.

She was underwhelmed by the thoughtful look Rin had on. “I suppose they are on opposite sides of the coin. Matou-kun might be the kind to sweep you off your feet; Emiya-kun is like a loyal puppy that would do anything for you.” A thin-lipped smile crept out. “So, you want a loyal servant over a prince, Mitsuzuri?”

Ayako scowled. This was not how this conversation was supposed to go. “Erm, well…I guess, when you put it like that…”

Rin’s smile turned superior.

“What about you?” Ayako was determined to salvage something out of the conversation. “You want to be swept off your feet? Or have a loyal servant?”

The smile remained on Rin’s face, though something about it went to a place Ayako could not quite follow, both sincere and yet mysterious at the same time. “Mmm, loyal servants are sometimes a little overrated.”

Any further divining from Rin’s words would have to wait; the chaperoning teachers from both classes finally removed themselves from the inn’s office and approached the gathered students. “Everybody listen up!” they both called out.

Ayako tuned out most of the explanation—that the classes would both be using the inn, that space was now a little more cramped for it—and continued to watch Rin instead. Although she was loathe to admit to the idea that she was a hunter when it came to seeking out a potential boyfriend, when it came to her curiosity, she certainly did not know when to let up. In this case alone, it might be apt.

“Then we will be eating together! Well, that makes things so much more entertaining,” Shinji said as they gathered their things, loud enough that the Misaki class could hear him. Whether he was being sarcastic or not was unclear even to Ayako. “Emiya, you can do chores for twice as many people now!”

“I can’t wait,” Shirou said, dryly, though he did not deny such a thing.

Ayako thought Rin might have sighed a little harder than usual at that declaration.

To be continued.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I predict Arihiko vs Shinji, Arihiko & Ayako brofist, and vampire tries to eat somebody. Probably Satsuki, because why not.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    The hotel won't last over 24 hours with these groups around.
    Looking forward to more Nanako, of course. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    The collision of so many juvenile minds and un-tempered libidos will be glorious to read. I can only sit here and despair knowing that I'll have to wait another few weeks to read another chapter.

Oh, by the way:
    ...some of it. Hey, valid thought...
    There's a quotation mark missing here.

Blog Entries
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Regarding these types of school trips, do all the students go in their uniforms or are they allowed to wear more casual clothes?
    Last edited by warellis; April 11th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wondering when the shit will hit the fan personally.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors gwonbush's Avatar
    Judging from the chapter titles, things will probably start heading south in Chapter 4: Went Left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasu
    So as to stimulate the reader's imagination, I try not to write too clearly about mechanics and characters' inner workings.
    I am of the personal belief that the Tsukihime Remake is two years from release. It will remain as such until a release date is announced, at which time its actual release date is 6 months after that date.