Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Thread: JukePop Serials

Voted!

I love that you started the chapter with Rufus. His parts are steadily becoming the strongest part of the story. "Not quite the color of a startled carrot" was a great line. The banter among his little coterie was fun.

Quinn's arrival makes me raise an eyebrow, simply because it's one more plot thread, and it cements for me that this story is going to be firmly novel-length; it's the only way that there can be that many plot threads running at once while treating them justly. It's an interesting plot thread, though, since in a world with well-established boundaries of various creatures, the idea that there'd be something that was an outright mystery makes me want to read more.

(Obligatory: jig, impound, great white )

And especially, congratulations for making it into the Top 30!
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, this is going to be novel length. The plan is, once that it's finish, and I wait the six months to have it on JukePop until the rights to publish it elsewhere revert back to me, it's going to be shopped around to a few publishers. That's also part of JukePop's main goal too; an author can use their voting base to show a publisher that their stuff is marketable. So yep, novel length.

And thank you for the votes, I love you guys.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Voted, for great justice! (And for quality)

Blog Entries
    New chapter is live! People who vote will get me money and attention be blessed by some kind of magical fairy, filling their life with good fortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I think it's less that we're elitist assholes and more that that's just plain terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Jesus fucking christ on a hopped up crutch.

Part of being a writer is to fuck what people think and tell you and just write. Write to prove the naysayers wrong. Throw your giant brass testies on the table and say, "Look at that bitch, I wrote it. Fuck yeah."

Moczo's Amazon E-Publishing

Moczo's Smashwords E-Publishing

Blog Entries
    I have voted!

I tried to leave a comment, but my internet was being a cunt. It sometimes is.

I was just amused by Eric mixing flammable chemicals and being so happy about it.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Count that vote!

It's so much easier to vote for Eviction Notice chapters than for The Law Unto Herself Chronicles, for two reasons:

1) I've already read Eviction Notice. With The Law Unto Herself, I have to wait until I have a few minutes to sit down and actually read the story! Mind you, at this point, I could just vote for Elf on expectations alone, but hey, I like to be honest about this stuff.

2) I've also already reviewed Eviction Notice, and as everybody's noticed, I like to offer some commentary, which requires even more time.

Keep that efficiency working, Moczo!
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.

Blog Entries
    Voted!

Blog Entries
    Voted! Brilliant work as always, Moczo.

Blog Entries
    Just in time for Halloween, and more importantly to get a last bit of voting in . . . Chapter Ten is now up.

I'd like to thank my guest beta Dezo. Roadbuster couldn't this time due to a family emergency, but Dezo came through with amazing results. Any mistakes left are mine of course.

So you got my e-mail without any major screw-ups, then. Good!

Edit: Also, voted!
    Last edited by DezoPenguin; October 30th, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    So you got my e-mail without any major screw-ups, then. Good!

Edit: Also, voted!
    Thank you again! Like seriously, life saver.

Now, please vote, there's one more day left for the votes to count this month!

Blog Entries
    Voted!

Blog Entries
    Voted!
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    So, Thanksgiving Special!

Two Chapters for the price of one.

I call this my owe to Guy Ritchie movies and Punisher comics.

Just please vote for both chapters.

Thanks Guys and Happy Thanksgiving.

Blog Entries
    So, Thanksgiving Special!

Two Chapters for the price of one.

I call this my owe to Guy Ritchie movies and Punisher comics.

Just please vote for both chapters.

Thanks Guys and Happy Thanksgiving.
    Voted and voted! Happy to help.

And as for me, new chapter up here too. Just one, however, because I don't like you as much as Elf I only put up one.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I think it's less that we're elitist assholes and more that that's just plain terrible.
    Jesus fucking christ on a hopped up crutch.

Part of being a writer is to fuck what people think and tell you and just write. Write to prove the naysayers wrong. Throw your giant brass testies on the table and say, "Look at that bitch, I wrote it. Fuck yeah."

Moczo's Amazon E-Publishing

Moczo's Smashwords E-Publishing

Blog Entries
    I voted for yours as well!

I found out I was number 23 this month! Hah!

Voted on all of it! (Note how I cunningly delayed my votes until December to help you work towards Top 30 status for another month. All part of my plan and having nothing at all to do with me being away for Thanksgiving. )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    Voted on all of it! (Note how I cunningly delayed my votes until December to help you work towards Top 30 status for another month. All part of my plan and having nothing at all to do with me being away for Thanksgiving. )
    I was wondering if that was the case with most of the people on here.

Thank you!

Blog Entries
    And voted.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    Aiden's mind is a scary place, but this part is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiantbeam View Post
    I dunno, I quite like Aiden's mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok
    .....Damn yo-

NO. NO I WILL NOT SAY IT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmyn of Ragnarok
    Damn you

My Work:
    Heroes of Justice

Semi-Random Pieces and Drabbles

Diaries of a Youthful Maiden

??? - new project, coming soon (by Valve time)

Blog Entries
    Chapter Thirteen just went live.

Hopefully its not unlucky.