Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Redwall in the Clouds!? Not quite. - Lyco's Pokemon Blaze Black Nuzlocke

Blog Entries

Part Nine - VS Cheren III, some Plasma, and the Sixth Pokemon is...

I made an Imgur account to make the screen-caps a bit easier for me to upload.

Part Eight-A
    VS Cheren III…

And I’m still where I was when we left off last time, with Plugg in the lead, ready to battle Cheren!

And here he is, telling me to stop and wanting to battle to see which of us is stronger, since we both have the Trio Badge. Well okay, man, it’s not like you want to battle me just to battle, right? XP

His leading Pokemon is his, apparently now evolved, Staravia at level 14.
    Plugg starts things off with a Flame Burst, but the demon bird uses Quick Attack.
    It doesn’t do too much, while the Flame Burst does over half damage to it.
    Cheren decides to interrupt the battle between the two monsters and compliment me working to kill the demon bird thing. XP

The Staravia starts the next turn off with Growling at Plugg, which was both silly and rather useless; Plugg kills it with one more Flame Burst and grows to level 16! I forgo letting him learn Lick - could be more useful than Scratch but I doubt it.
    Finally he’s caught up with the others.

Cheren then sends out his Roggenrola, to which I decide to let Blodge out to play with the Pet Rock Pokemon.
    She Karate Chops it and does over half damage, but gets a Magnitude 5 in kind…which does only a little damage.
    A second Karate Chop and Cheren’s pet rock is KO’d.

Next up on Cheren’s team is the water monkey - despite having broccoli growing out of its head - Panpour; Auma gets to battle this one.
    She Cuts it right off the bat only to get an Acrobatics to the face - how rude - for significant damage.
    A second Cut to the broccoli-haired (?) monkey and it’s KO’d without doing any further damage to Auma.

Last but not least in Cheren’s team of a demon bird, pet rock, and sea-monkey is his grass newt, Snivy!
    And of course he freaks out because he’s on his last Pokemon.
    Plugg is up for this one!~

The newt starts off with Leaf Tornado, which doesn’t do much besides lower Plugg’s accuracy. A Flame Burst to its Excalibur-like (Soul Eater if you must ask) face leaves it at less than half health.
    But of course it has a Sitrus Berry. :/
    Now I kind of which I had kept Incinerate (which I have in TM form from the Dreamyard)…

The Snivy uses Wrap and Plugg misses his second Flame Burst…
    Next turn it Vine Whips Plugg - I am definitely considering healing him now - who misses again.

Funnily enough Cheren has his Snivy use Growth! Normally this would raise its Attack and Special Attack, but with Contrary - Snivy’s Ability in BB/VW - it lowers them instead! XD
    Plugg misses this time as well.
    It does that again the next turn, too. Really, Cheren? ^^;
    And finally Plugg lands a hit again with his Flame Burst, KO’ing the newt once and for all - and putting the poor guy out of his misery.

And I and my team have won against Cheren’s, with Rival #2 wondering how I won…because we’re supposed to be “equal in strength”.
    Um…Cheren, dude, the likelihood of a mutual KO is really, really, really low, man.
    Just to let you know that, since I thought it was an obvious thing.

That’s the end of the battle with Cheren, but right after we end our battle…

Part Eight-B; Note: around this time, the emulator had some lag.

Some Plasma and the Sixth Pokemon is...

Some of those Medieval Times guys - or girls, I suppose Arturia would like their style - run at us and shout for us to move. Cheren and I do the smart thing and don’t block the way of the fanatical, chainmail-wearing people.

Bianca and a little girl come tiredly jogging up to Cheren and I after that. Cheren can’t shut up and let Bianca explain, and the little girl with Bianca is almost in tears.
    You’re such a jerk, Rival #2. Bianca is a much better Rival.

…seriously Cheren? She would have spoken up earlier had it not been for you. :/

But Cheren shows some worth and goes off after them, leaving Bianca to take care of the girl and telling me to follow after him.

But before that, though it might be callous, I heal up Plugg with a Super Potion and use a Potion on Auma.
    I want to see what and who my next Pokemon will be!~
    And the more Pokemon I have, the more I can beat the crap out of the Team Plasma illegitimate children. XP

No Pokemon shows up when I make my way to get the Item in the grass - which turns out to be a Super Potion - and…

It takes a while for a wild Pokemon to appear, but when it does!
    It’s a Shinx, which is awesome, IMHO.~

With Plugg at the front, he uses Acrobatics, with the Shinx using Spark…for a Critical Hit!
    Nooooo, Plugg-! ;A;

I decide to play it safe and use one of the 3 Ultra Balls I have - 2 Picked Up by Auma and the third from the sandbox of the Playground.
    Which catches the Shinx!

I just have to name this guy Gingivere.~
    Adamant means his Attack will be boosted and his Special Attack lowered. Considering this is a Shinx and Luxio and Luxray depend more on their Attack stat, that’s alright.

I decide this is an okay place to end this, use a Super Potion on Plugg, and move Gingivere to the front of the part.
    Stay tuned for next time, when I confront Team Plasma in Wellspring Cave and get a 7th Pokemon!

Current Party! - End Part IX

- Deyna, Level 16 | - Auma, Level 16 | - Blodge, Level 16| - Plugg, Level 16 | - Taunoc, Level 16| - Gingivere, Level 14

Boxed Pokemon
    EMPTY

Graveyard
    EMPTY

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 13th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Ten - Plasma and Wellspring Cave, plus...

Long update is looong...yep. XP

Plasma and Wellspring Cave!

I decide to do a bit of grinding for Gingivere, and need to heal up, so…probably a “hax” thing to do at this point, I have Taunoc Teleport us back to Striaton’s Pokemon Center.

I buy 4 Potions, 4 Super Potions, and get 3 Awakenings.
    Having done that, I rush back over to Route 3.

I decide to get Gingivere to Level 16, and feel like a bit of an idiot for forgetting that Shinx evolve into Luxio, apparently Electric/Dark here, at Level 15.
    He then wants to learn Double Kick, but I really don’t see a use for it in the long run, so no.

Once I do get him to Level 16, I move on with the story and go see Cheren in front of the cave entrance, and we go ahead inside - though Cheren seems to ignore Gingivere’s health.
    Rival #2, you suck. Bianca would heal Gingivere if she could.

And here we all are in Wellspring Cave!
    Yes, Cheren, I know - and that’s rich coming from the guy who thought a mutual KO would be possible. XP

And the first Plasma Grunts attack us in Single Battles, after talking BS.
    His first Pokemon, of three, is a Gulpin.
    Taunoc lashes out with a single Confusion and lands a Critical Hit on the green stomach Pokemon, KO’ing it.

His next Pokemon is a Numel, and I go with the obvious choice and send out Deyna.
    With a quadruple weakness to Water, it only takes Deyna a single Water Gun to KO the little camel.

The Grunt’s last Pokemon is a Houndour, so I keep Deyna on the field.
    It has Intimidate which lowers Deyna’s Attack, but it doesn’t bother either of us.

The Houndour is faster and Howls, raising its own Attack, but Deyna Water Guns it down…and gets a Critical Hit KO’ing the hell-puppy. XP
    What is with these Crits lately? o.O;

Deyna grows to Level 17 and wants to learn Razor Shell, which has 75 power and 95 accuracy. It only has 10pp, but-! Yes please - I don’t think he needs Tail Whip anymore.

With that we’ve won against the Plasma Grunt!

Now it’s time for Deyna to evolve!~
    He wants to learn another new move, too - Karate Chop. Well that certainly is better than Tackle, so I go with that.

http://i.imgur.com/jNtpexV.png
    http://i.imgur.com/BHufEDI.png

And right when Cheren and I think we’re going to get these goons to return the girl’s Pokemon, two more show up!
    Great

This is a Double Battle! The two Grunts have 3 Pokemon each, too, starting with a Zubat and Voltorb.
    Cheren sends out his demon bird Staravia and has it Quick Attack the Voltorb, which in turn attacks the Staravia with Spark, doing quite a bit of damage and paralyzing it.

I have Taunoc use Confusion on the Zubat, but the bat holds on by a sliver of health - and attacks with Astonish! It does little damage, though.

Cheren has his Staravia use Quick Attack again and once more the Voltorb attacks it with Spark, which KO’s the Staravia.

Following that, however, Taunoc uses Confusion again on the Zubat, KO’ing it.

Cheren sends out his Roggenrola - like he did against us - and one of the Grunts sends out a Poochyena.

The Voltorb lashes out at Taunoc with Spark and deals considerate damage, but Taunoc’s Night Shade finishes it off before it can do further damage.

But I had ignored the Poochyena…and it lashes out with a Bite at Taunoc!!!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-!!!
    Why didn’t I think to switch out once I saw the Poochyena? WHY!? ;A;
    You monsters

…Cheren’s Roggenrola uses Magnitude 7 on the punk puppy and deals a bit of damage.

The Plasma Grunt sends out a Carvanha and I send out Blodge.
    Maul these posing templars, Blodge! FOR TAUNOC.

A single Karate Chop from Blodge and the puppy is down for the count.
    The Carvanha uses Bite on Cheren’s Roggenrola, doing considerable damage, to which the pet rock attacks with Headbutt.
    Instead of Rough Skin as I expect, the piranha Pokemon has Speed Boost.

A Tentacool is sent out from one of the Grunts…
    The Carvanha uses Bite on the Roggenrola again, while the Tentacool sets up Toxic Spikes on my - and Cheren’s - side of the field.
    Cheren’s pet rock Headbutts the Tentacool.

A Pawniard is send out.
    The Tentacool is fast and uses Acid, damaging Blodge a little bit and sending the Roggenrola into the red.
    Blodge Karate Chops the Pawniard before it can make any moves.
    Another Headbutt from Cheren’s pet rock…

Tentacool is the final Pokemon of the Plasma Grunt duo, but it lashes out with Acid again and KO’s Cheren’s Roggenrola.

A Karate Chop finishes off the jellyfish Pokemon and ends the Double Battle.
    Blodge levels up to 17 and I forgo having her learn Seismic Toss.
    And with that we defeat the Team Plasma Grunts!
    For what that is worth…Taunoc…

The Grunts reiterate their ideology, return the Pokemon to Cheren, who has another existential crisis.
    He runs off to return the Pokemon to the little girl, leaving me in Wellspring Cave…to mourn Taunoc…

………………

I rush out of the cave to go lie Taunoc to rest and heal up my remaining 5 Pokemon.
    Along the way, though we run into Bianca and the little girl. She thanks us for saving her Pokemon.
    Yeah…okay…no problem, really. ;~;

And the little girl has a Fishing Rod that she gives us as a thank you gift.
    That’s nice, at least.

She and Bianca leave, and I move on to where I was headed in the first place.

I’m not going to release Pokemon that are killed, so I go to the Day Care and create the “GRAVES” Box.
    You will be missed and not forgotten, Taunoc, missed and not forgotten. ;~;

I head back on over to Striaton City, heal up, and get 3 Potions before going to the water and getting out my gifted Fishing Rod.

And the encountered Pokemon I get is…!?

…a Slowpoke.
    Not exactly what I was looking forward to seeing or encountering, but okay.
    It has Drizzle, though, so that’s rather interesting and could be useful.

I have Gingivere use Bit once and that should be enough to catch it. Using a Dive Ball certainly raises the odds of me catching it significantly.
    Which I do. XP

Now what in the world should I nickname this thing? ^^;
    Hawm or Burble will have to do, but I suppose Burble is best here. XP

Now let’s see here: Sassy Nature, lowering Speed and raising Special Defense.
    Good. The fact that he’s at Level 16 already is even better.

I heal up at the Preschool on Route 3 and head back to Wellspring Cave to get my…huh, yeah I guess that’s right, - eighth Pokemon.

But I think this is good enough for a single update: Two Evolutions, One Death, and another Capture.

Stay tuned for next time, where I catch my eigth Pokemon and battle the Trainers on Route 3 on my way to the next town/city!

Current Party! - End Part X

- Deyna, Level 17 | - Auma, Level 16 | - Blodge, Level 17| - Plugg, Level 16 | - Gingivere, Level 16 | - Burble, Level 16

Boxed Pokemon

EMPTY

Graveyard

- Taunoc, Level 16

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 13th, 2013 at 02:20 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Taunoc is dead, but he is still here in our box heart.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Taunoc is dead, but he is still here in our box heart.
    Quite right, Laith, quite right.
    And I refuse to release killed Pokemon - I want to be able to see them again, if only to reminisce. ;~; XP
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Eleven - Eighth Pokemon, Route 3, Nacrene City, and Ninth Pokemon

Part Eleven-A
    Eighth Pokemon and Route 3

So I begin where I left off - right outside Wellspring Cave. What do I want to do right now?
    Get my eighth Pokemon, of course.

So I decide to just go ahead and run through until I get an encounter, which turns out to be…an Aron!
    I have Burble use a Water Gun, which does a good amount of damage; the Aron Headbutts Burble, but it doesn’t do much.

With a single Pokeball after that, I catch her!

I already know what name I must give to her, too: Cregga! :3
    I didn’t even think that my chances would be that good, but this is great!~

She is sent to the PC, which I run out and over to the Day Care to get to. I encounter a Zubat on the way and Burble KO’s it without much trouble.

She has a Modest Nature, which is a bit annoying, but it’s alright. Rock Head is definitely good. I switch around Headbutt and Harden.

I decide to Bench Burble and get Cregga, and move back on to Route 3.
    The first thing I do is return to Wellspring Cave to see if there is more than one Item lying around. After KO’ing a Teddiursa with Cregga, I find a hidden Full Heal and the TM46: Thief!

I go ahead and check if there’s anyone I want to teach it to, but decide against it.

Next I go to battle the Trainer in the grass just outside the cave, but not before encountering a Shinx and having Cregga KO it.

Breeder Adelaide has a full roster of 6 Pokemon, the first of which is an Igglybuff versus Cregga.
    Cregga is surprisingly faster than the tiny balloon Pokemon and Heabutts it for a Flinch. A second Headbutt is all it takes to KO it.

Her next Pokemon is an Elekid (a personal favorite and one I used in my White 2), so I leave Cregga out on the field to battle it.
    If you could call it Quick Attacking for little damage and then Cregga Heabutting it for a Critical KO a battle. XP

Adelaide apparently has a team full of Baby Pokemon and Pichu is her next choice.
    I let Cregga take a break and have Gingivere play with the mouse.
    A single Bite and the Pichu is knocked out, but not before its Static paralyzes Gingivere.

Deyna faces off against a Magby…which probably is overkill with Razor Shell. XP

Her second to last Pokemon is a Smoochum; I respond by letting Plugg battle it.
    A Flame Burst doesn’t quite do it, and he gets hit by a Powder Snow.

Last but not least Adelaide sends out a Cleffa; Blodge says “hi, bye” with a Karate Chop, and knocks it out with the single hit - as to be expected, which means we’ve won.
    The Breeder comments on my style of Training and I have to wonder if she’s serious. ^^;

But before I walk away, she gives me an Oran Berry! Thanks, Adelaide.~
    I head south to get the Item just before the ledge, Cregga kills a Seedot, and I find it’s a Repel, not bad.

I see no point in taking too many risks and run over to the Preschool to heal up what little damage we took - and the paralysis on Gingivere.

I rearrange my team - in order of experience needed to Level Up, which puts Gingivere in the lead. But before heading further south on the Route, I see a rustling patch of grass and go to investigate.
    I find an Audino there - with a Sitrus Berry, the fiend - that Gingivere knocks out for massive experience (as it should be) that grows him to Level 17.
    With the amount of XP he got, I put him in the last slot, moving Auma to the front.

I am challenged by a school kid by the name of Al…not a deer, so not cool. :3
    Though he does send out a Blitzle as his first Pokemon.
    Auma Headbutts it for decent damage, but the zebra Thunder Waves her for paralysis.

I decide to play it safe and switch out Auma for Blodge.
    That was a good choice, as the Blitzle Double Kicks Blodge, who retaliates with Karate Chop the next turn, but not before getting hit by a Shock Wave. The Karate Chop KO’s the zebra.

The school kid’s next Pokemon is a Mareep; I decide to let Cregga battle it.
    She greets the sheep with a Heabutt, dealing a Critical hit only to be Static paralyzed. Funnily enough, the sheep tries to use Thunder Wave rightafter that. XP
    Thundershocked at the beginning of the next turn, Cregga KO’s the Mareep with another Headbutt.

The kid’s final Pokemon is a Flaafy; I recall Cregga and send out Plugg.
    A series of Flame Bursts later and Plugg knocks out the slightly-sheered sheep. Plugg levels up to 17.

With that, besides having half my team paralyzed, we’ve won against School Kid Al.
    A quick trip to the Preschool to heal and we’re back in business.

I aim for the Item in the grass near the school kid, Auma KO’s a Mareep, and it’s an Antidote; eh, it could be better. *shrugs*
    Auma kills another Mareep while we try and get out of that patch of grass…

I go further along the path and find Cheren in darker grass, who notices me and walks over.
    He explains the danger of the dark grass to me before walking off to Nacrene City, apparently. Well thanks buddy, better to find out from someone else than experience it ourselves as a surprise.

Just after that encounter with Rival #2, I run into another trainer battle against school kid Marsha, with 4 Pokemon - stating off with a Phanpy.
    With Auma in the lead, I have her Cut it…but it doesn’t do much, and she gets hit by the tiny elephants Take Down for worrying damage.

I switch out to Deyna; the Phanpy Defense Curls.
    A single Water Gun finishes it off, which lets Auma level up to 17!~

Her next Pokemon up is a Woobat; I let Gingivere play with it, and he KO’s it with a single Bite. Leveling Up to 18, Gingivere wants to learn Night Slash…and I decide to go ahead and remove Leer for it.

Her third (and 2nd to last) Pokemon is a Whismur that Blodge KO’s in one Karate Chop.

Her final Pokemon is a Teddiursa; I let Cregga take care of it: Headbutt twice and a Metal Claw. She levels up from the experience she gets out of the teddy bear.
    Marsha is defeated - and apparently frustrated. XP

After healing up once more, I use a Repel to check out the dark grass, only to run into a Budew. I have Plugg kill it.
    With the Repel active I go back north to try and find an Audino for Cregga to kill. This one doesn’t have a Sitrus Berry, thankfully.

Finally I go further south and onto the bridge, and got to get the item through the grass.
    I notice the water bubble but can’t do anything about it. *shrugs*
    Auma kills a Taillow and a Lotad, and the Item turns out to be a Great Ball; nice.
    On the return trip, Auma kills a Sunkern.

I run into this school kid, Gina, on my way over the bridge. Her first Pokemon, of 4, is a Wooper, who Auma kills with a single, Critical Cut.

Her next Pokemon is a Taillow, and I send out Cregga to battle it.
    It tries to hurt her and fails, getting KO’d by two Headbutts, with Cregga growing to Level 18! She trades out Harden for Iron Defense.

The next Pokemon Gina sends out is a Lotad, which I let Auma take care of.
    This one, too, just takes two Headbutts to KO.

Gina’s final Pokemon is a Seedot. Plugg wants some roasted chestnuts, so a Flame Burst it is. We win and Gina brings up Eureka…is Drayano a Gold Digger’s fan? Eh, we’ll worry about that later.

Up ahead, near the end of the Route, there’s an Awakening in the grass, which is a good thing, if I remember Lenora’s strategy well enough.
    Right as I walk out of the grass, a Shinx appears, but Plugg kills it without trouble.

It seems there’s just one more trainer left, so I go ahead and face him.
    Edgar’s first Pokemon is a Shinx (haha!) and Plugg kills it in two hits, leveling up to 18! I decide against having him learn Yawn.

His next Pokemon is a Nuzleaf; I send Blodge out to play nutcracker.
    She gets a Critical Karate Chop on it for a KO and growing to level 18.
    NOTE: about this time there was some lag.

He sends out a Luxio of his own. Mainly because I think it might have Intimidate (and it did), I send out Plugg once more.
    One Flame Burst brings it down to below half health; Plugg gets attacked with Spark and it does considerable damage.
    But it doesn’t paralyze him, so one more Flame Burst does the trick.

Edgar’s final Pokemon is a Lombre, to which I send out Auma.
    I use a Potion on Plugg, while Auma gets hit by a Fake Out.
    Auma Heabutts it twice, but gets Leech Seeded - a very worrying fact.
    But the third Headbutt is a Critical, KO’ing the ambiguously-mexican (?) kappa.

Auma levels up to 18 with that, and we’ve won.

I rush back to Striaton and get 5 Potions - I’m honestly uncertain if there’s a rival battle before we reach Nacrene City or what. XP
    I rearrange my Pokemon again, this time Deyna ends up in the lead - and the only one not level 18 yet.

Part Eleven-B
    Nacrene City and the Ninth Pokemon…

But it seems I was worried for nothing, and I arrive in Nacrene City!!!
    …except Cheren is there and wants to show me something, someone, or somewhere.
    That destination is the Pokemon Center. Okay, Cheren, I am not that bad at finding places.
    And for some reason he gives us Sun Stones. Maybe that will be useful soon, I’m not sure.
    He continues on about Lenora as Mr. Exposition again.

With that I am left to my own devices around Nacrene City. First up, of course, is going inside the Pokemon Center.
    Outside on the railroad tracks I find a hidden item: Revive - spending money! XP

I get a Mystic Water from a lady in the warehouse two-to-the-left of the Pokemon Center.
    In the one right next to the PC, there’s a guy selling battle items.

In the house to the right of the PC, there’s a girl who wants to trade a Ponyta for a Shroomish, which might be good to note…if I catch one.

I go check out what’s going on at the “Warehouse Café”. I get an Ultra Ball on the patio; inside I get a Soda Pop.
    On the path to Outer Pinwheel Forest, I get a Super Potion, TM94: Rock Smash, and an Ether.

Eh, I want to go ahead and get my 9th Pokemon; I don’t *have to* battle this Nurse, but it certainly can’t hurt…or can it?
    With two Pokemon on her roster, she starts off with a Happiny, and Deyna KO’s it with a Karate Chop.

Her next Pokemon is an Audino…which begs the question: who do I want to get the experience? The answer is Cregga.
    It takes a while, but eventually she KO’s the Double-Slap-happy Audino.
    Cregga levels up to 19 very easily from the Audino and we’ve won, which also means the Nurse will heal my team every time I ask. XP

I could end it here, but hey, I’m right next to the grass of Outer Pinwheel Forest!
    So yes, I am going to go ahead and try for my 9th Pokemon.

The Pokemon I encounter turns out to be a Spinarak.
    Okay I honestly wasn’t expecting that outside; I was expecting another Fighting-type.
    But hey, I like Spinarak - my first and only Shiny Pokemon was a Spinarak->Ariados, in fact!~

I try to see how much damage Smack Down will do - hoping that it won’t KO the Spinarak.
    The spider uses Night Shade on Blodge…
    I use one Pokeball…and catch it!~

Now what the heck am I supposed to name her!? ^^;
    There aren’t any spiders in Redwall, besides those that Ungatt Trunn mentions…by association there, I could go with Zurgat or Romsca, and there was Shang Damsontongue who used bolas…Jukka the Sling, too.

Out of those…I guess I’ll go with Romsca or Shang, and between the two I prefer Romsca, so Romsca it is!

Now let’s go back to the Pokemon Center and see her stats, Nature, and Ability.
    Okay, so her Nature could be better; lowering Speed and raising Attack isn’t really helpful.

And with that, I finish this update.
    Next time I aim to head to the Nacrene City Gym - more than likely battling N - and see what sort of levels the Gym Trainers’ Pokemon have.
    I know Lenora’s are in around 20.
    Stay tuned!

Current Party! - End Part XI

- Deyna, Level 18 | - Auma, Level 18 | - Blodge, Level 18| - Plugg, Level 18 | - Gingivere, Level 18 | - Cregga, Level 19

Boxed Pokemon

- Burble, Level 16 | - Romsca, Level 16

Graveyard

- Taunoc, Level 16

xxxxxxx

Complete!~
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Twelve - Outer Pinwheel Forest Trainers, One Foot in the Museum

Part Eleven-A
    Outer Pinwheel Forest Training
    I decide to do a bit of grinding before I make my way to Nacrene City Gym.
    I focus on getting everyone up to Level 19, including Burble and Romsca.
    Many Timburr and few Spinarak were killed for Blodge to grow to level 19.

Eventually I go ahead and battle the trainers around Outer Pinwheel Forest.

Preschooler Juliet had a Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour all at Level 18.
    The Pansage had Magical Leaf and damaged Gingivere to half-health.
    The Panpour was Acrobatics-happy and nearly killed Auma, but Cregga killed it, though she got paralyzed by its Lick.

A wild battle or two after that Deyna grew to level 19.
    Plugg found and killed a (wild obviously) Tyrogue.

Before I battle the second preschooler, I find TM43: Flame Charge! Sweet!
    Preschooler Homer has a Roggenrola, an Aron, and a Geodude.
    The Roggenrola spammed Headbutt and was a danger for Auma, but Deyna killed it, though he got considerably damaged by it. Blodge killed the Aron, and I sent Deyna back out to kill the Geodude.

I go heal my team up, thanks to the Nurse.

A wild Tympole nearly kills Auma.

I decide to move on south to face trainers. XP
    This Youngster starts off with a Spinarak that Plugg decimates.
    His next Pokemon, of all things, is a Charmander. Gingivere kills it, but not before it shows itself to have Dragon Rage. What the- is this BS!? :/
    His next Pokemon is a Doduo, so I keep Gingivere in and heal him with a Super Potion. The Doduo Fury Attacks, but it doesn’t do too much.

South of him I find a Super Potion and an Antidote, and Plugg encounters a particularly challenged Aipom who seems to only use Baton Pass.

With everyone on my current team reaching level 19, I go back to the Pokemon Center and get Burble and Ramsca to train, too.
    To do that, I bench Cregga and Blodge.

I go ahead and teach Ramsca Struggle Bug, which I got back in the Dreamyard.
    Oddly enough as it is, especially to me, Burble could learn Incinerate, which I use to replace Growl.

That being done I head back on over to outer Pinwheel Forest.
    I face off against Youngster Zachary this time, who has a Burmy that Romsca Night Shades to death.
    His next Pokemon is a Torchic, which I have Burble battle. Drizzle is kind of OP. XD

Finally he sends out his Ledyba, which seems obsessed with support moves…which do nothing to defend against Romsca’s Night Shade. From that kill, Romsca, replacing Leech Life, learns Electro Web!
    We defeat Youngster Zachary with that.

Now we head up the stairs to fight the last 2 trainers in outer Pinwheel Forest.
    The first one I battle is Battle Girl Lee, who has a Timburr - Burble KO’s it and grows to level 17.
    Next up is a Croagunk - it uses Faint Attack and nearly kills Burble, but Burble is resilient and KO’s it instead.

Her second to last Pokemon is a Throh, I keep Burble on the field for the first turn, but send out Deyna, who gets hit by a Vital Throw before Razor Shelling it dead.
    Last is her Tyrogue, which Burble kills - through Tyrogue’s self-inflicting an injury. XP

I race on over to the Nurse once more before battling the final trainer in the area.

In a wild battle against a Slakoth, Deyna reaches level 20. He could learn Fury Cutter, but I decide against that for him. Better to keep the moves he has right now.

And the final trainer here is Black Belt Kentaro!
    He starts things off with a Machop that knows Metronome of all things. o.O;
    Burble kills that anomaly.
    A Meditite is his follow-up; Gingivere kills it without a single injury.
    Kentaro apparently has a Riolu; it paralyzes Burble with Force Palm, but Burble KO’s it.

Lastly, the Black Belt sends out a Sawk. It’s obsessed with Low Sweep.
    Romsca kills it and grows to level 19! She wants to learn Shadow Sneak…I decide to go ahead and remove Struggle Bug for it.

…Kentaro goes back to running, apparently. Ooo-kaaay… ^^;

I have Deyna smash the Challenge Rock for a Star Piece, which is neat.
    We make our way down the steps that we haven’t used before, and find a Net Ball just before the ledge at the end of that path.

The only Pokemon I have left that hasn’t reached level 19 is Burble…
    I have the Nurse heal the team up and get some wild battles to complete the goal I had set out for myself.

It just takes one Slakoth and a Machop - one that has Metronome - for Burble to grow to level 19. He could’ve learned Disable, but I decide against that. XP

I run back to Nacrene City proper and the Pokemon Center to heal up, but my main objective is to to switch around my team in preparation to battle N for the second time.
    That roster includes, in order and as seen: Burble, Auma, Plugg, Cregga, Gingiverse, and Deyna.

Part Eleven-B
    One Foot in the Museum
    But that’s not all! XP
    I go ahead and sell the Star Piece and then the useless - for me at least - Revive.
    With the money I have, I buy myself 3 Potions, 4 Super Potions, 3 Paralyze Heals, and 4 Awakenings - in preparation for the battle against N and also against the Gym Trainers and Lenora.

Now that I’m stocked up and ready to go, I go! XP
    As soon as we’re almost about to enter, N exits the Museum right in my face.
    He talks about some of what he wants, and then challenges me to a battle!

And this time, it is a Double Battle!
    He starts off with a Bronzor and a Drillbur, and I have Burble and Auma in the lead.
    Auma Cuts the Drillbur before it Digs underground; Burble’s Water Gun misses.
    The Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Auma, but it doesn’t do much.

I have a bad feeling about that Dig, so I switch out Auma for Deyna!
    It does decent damage to Deyna.
    Bronzor uses Imprison; Burble Incinerates all opponents.

I use a Super Potion on Deyna, while the Drillbur uses Dig.
    Bronzor uses Extrasensory on Deyna for a little under half damage; I have Burble use Incinerate again…

This time, after my Super Potion, Drillbur attacks Burble; Bronzor repeats its last move…

Burble’s Water Gun KO’s N’s Drillbur!

Next up, N sends out his Tympole. I heal Deyna with a Potion this time…
    The Tympole Mud Shots Burble, doing a bit of damage and lowering his speed.
    Bronzor…

I take a chance and switch out both Burble and Deyna for Plugg and Gingivere.
    Only Gingivere takes damage - which is from Tympole’s Mud Shot.

After a few turns I switch Plugg back out for Deyna.
    Gingivere manages to KO the Bronzor with a Night Slash!

Next up N sends out his Vulpix, which has Drought!
    I heal up Gingivere with a Super Potion and Deyna Razor Shells Vulpix-!
    The Tympole teams up with the Vulpix to try and KO Gingivere, but it doesn’t quite do it.
    Deyna’s Razor Shell KO’s the Vulpix!
    Gingivere reaches level 20!

N sends out his Zorua, while I switch out Gingivere for Auma!
    The Tympole Mud Shots Auma, but before the Zorua can do anything to her, Deyna KO’s it with one Karate Chop!

The Tympole is N’s last Pokemon!
    I use a Soda Pop on Auma and have her use Cut for over half damage. It uses Bubblebeam on Auma and then Mud Shot on Deyna.

Surprisingly enough it isn’t Aumas’ Cut that KO’s the drum-face tadpole, but Deyna’s Karate Chop!
    We’ve won, though it was close because of the Bronzor and Tympole.

N talks a bit about the “equation” that will change the world and his doubts on solving it.
    But then he brings up power to make “anyone agree with [him]”…well crap that isn’t reasonable at all, N. You were doing decently before now.

Before he leaves completely, we’re able hear - or see, whatever - him talk about the power he needs: Zekrom! With that power he believes we will be friends.
    Or is he talking about being friends with someone else, or even Zekrom? I am so confused. ;~;

I run over to the Pokemon Center to heal up.

Next time I aim to conquer the Nacrene City Gym!
    Stay tuned.~

Current Party! - End Part XII

- Deyna, Level 20 | - Auma, Level 19 | - Plugg, Level 19 | - Gingivere, Level 20 | - Cregga, Level 19 | - Burble, Level 19

Boxed Pokemon

- Blodge, Level 19 | - Romsca, Level 19

Graveyard

- Taunoc, Level 16

xxxxxxx

Complete.~
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Thirteen - Twenties, Twenties Everywhere

Twenties, Twenties Everywhere

A fresh morning is before us and so is the Museum/Library that makes up the Nacrene City Gym. As I walk in there are 3 receptionists, one of which I know will revive whichever fossil I get later on.

Taking a few steps forward, I am greeted by Hawse, the Assistant Director of the Museum. He shows me around the place, pointing out the Dragonite fossil and the conspicuously unimportant stone.
    Finally he shows me to the back of the Museum, which leads to the Gym, and proudly proclaims Lenora to be his wife. Good for you, man. *nods*

As I step into the Gym proper, Clyde walks up and says “hi” again, with another Fresh Water! He’s a considerate guy. He’s gives me the hint I need for this Gym’s puzzle, along with the tip that Normal types are weak against Fighting types.

Now, on to the Gym Trainers!
    First one up is School Kid Carter, who leads with an Aipom.
    Burble KO’s it with a few Water Guns.

Next up is Carter’s Subbull, which has ridiculous attack for some reason.
    Auma kills it before it can kill her, though.

Carter sends out a Lickitung; I have Plugg battle the Wrap-happy giant sloth (?) creature.

Last on Carter’s roster is a Minccino; Deyna Karate Chops it once for a KO.
    With that, we’ve won!

I go back to the Pokemon Center to switch out one of my team for Blodge, choosing to let Burble take a rest.

After that I return and go through a few pieces of the puzzle before heading to the back to battle Scientist Satomi, who leads off with an Imposter Ditto of all things!
    Killing it grows Blodge to level 20.

Satomi’s next Pokemon is a Smeargle; one Karate Chop from Blodge KO’s it.

Third up is her Porygon; Auma KO’s it after a few Headbutts, and grows to level 20, too!~

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OwHctQ2.png[img][img]http://i.imgur.com/PKbwKrl.png[img]

Last on Satomi’s roster of cheap, unordinary Pokemon is a Castform.
    Cregga Metal Claws it, winning the match, and also reaches level 20.

But that’s not all: Auma evolves!
    Not only that, she learns (replacing Tail Whip) Extremespeed! :3
    I finish a few more pieces of the puzzle before heading back to the Pokemon Center.

I run on over to the Challenge Rock for the day and end up having Plugg reach level 20, learning Lava Plume!
    Spending the money, and a little bit more, I get for selling the Star Piece, I buy myself 12 Super Potions.

Last but not least of the Gym Trainers is…School Kid Lydia.
    She starts off with a Buneary.

Next up is a Jigglypuff which Auma 1HKO’s with Extremespeed.
    She sends out a Delcatty next, which is entirely Double-Slap-happy; Cregga kills it.
    Lastly she has a Clefairy; a 1HKO’ing Karate Chop from Blodge is all it takes.

And apparently Lydia is a gracious loser. That’s nice to see.
    With that I’m able to open up the passageway to Lenora.
    First things first, though, is heading back to the Pokemon Center to heal up and…

That’s all for this update! Stay tuned for my battle against Lenora!

Current Party! - End Part XIII

- Deyna, Level 20 | - Auma, Level 20 | - Plugg, Level 20 | - Gingivere, Level 20 | - Cregga, Level 20 | - Blodge, Level 20

Boxed Pokemon

- Burble, Level 19 | - Romsca, Level 19

Graveyard

- Taunoc, Level 16

xxxxxxx

Complete.~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 14th, 2013 at 01:36 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Fourteen - May I have some Alova Vera, please?

May I have some Aloe Vera, please?

[images 001-004]

Well I’m going to go ahead and get going.
    And…! Here’s Lenora!

This apparently is going to be a Double Battle, too!
    Lenora sends out her Stantler and Herdier, while I have Gingivere and Plugg!
    The Stantler *and* the Herdier have Intimidate,, lowering both of my team members’ Attack twice.
    I have to switch around my team a bit quite a few times because of the Stantler using Retaliate and having Extrasensory, with the Herdier offering support via Helping Hand.

I forgot that Lava Plume damages everyone but the user, so I use it once and burn the Herdier.
    Eventually, though, and with Deyna nearly killed - freaking Distortion World! - Deyna KO’s the Stantler! Thank Arceus. ;~;
    Deyna and Blodge grow to level 21!

She sends out a Bouffalant -crap. I switch out Deyna for Cregga.
    The Herdier uses Helping Hand again and the Bouffalant uses Arial Ace on Cregga, doing very little.
    Blodge Karate Chops the buffalo for only a little damage.
    A Retaliate sends Blodge into the red, but Blodge holds on to Low Kick the buffalo for massive damage!
    It has a Sitrus Berry but one more Low Kick KO’s the beast.

Cregga grows to level 21!

Next up from Lenora is a Furret!
    Instead of having Cregga attack, I use a Super Potion on Denya. Before Blodge can land a Karate Chop on either opponent, Lenora’s Furret Retaliate-kills Blodge! ;A;

Arceus damn it come on this is why I can’t have nice things ever at all end of story game over not quite what the Distortion World-!?

I let Deyna back out onto the field and use an X Defend on him.
    For some reason, after a Helping Hand, the Furret uses Thunderbolt - oh crap wait kind of - on Cregga.
    I switch Cregga out for Plugg, who takes a Helping Hand-Reversal from Furret, while Deyna avenges Blodge with Razor Shell to Furret’s face.

Lenora’s second to last Pokemon is a Bibarel, prompting me to switch out Plugg for Gingivere.
    The Bibarel uses a Helping Hand-Retaliate on Deyna! ;A;
    He manages to hold on.
    I heal him up with a Super Potion and have Gingivere kill the Bibarel with Spark.

Herdier - The stupid Heling-Hand obsessed mutt - and a Watchog are Lenora’s final Pokemon!
    I switch out Gingivere for Cregga, who gets hit by a Retaliate from Watchog.
    Deyan kills the Herdier.

With that, Lenora is on her final Pokemon: Watchog.
    It uses Retaliate and Crunch on Cregga, but a Fresh Water means the Crunch does very little.
    And with two Karate Chops - after a Sitrus Berry - Watchog is knocked out by Deyna!!!
    He levels up to 22, too, and Gingivere reaches 21.

At a cost, we’ve won the Basic Badge and are gifted with TM67 Retaliate…the move that killed Blodge. ;~;

But ruining the atmosphere entirely, not only from the sadness of losing Blodge and the victory of finally winning against Lenora, is Team Plasma - trying to steal some bones, according to Hawes.

But before I go running after Lenora - who dashed off - I pay my respects to Blodge. ;~;
    You were a great Mankey, Blodge; I had high hopes for you, but don’t worry you’ll be remembered and have already been avenged.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/zPsyH4Y.png[img]

But enough mourning, Team Plasma is up to nothing good again, and I have some misplaced aggression to unleash.
    They proclaim to Lenora that they’re going to steal the Dragon Skull right then and there, and follow through with some smokescreen to cover them.
    I run after Lenora, going outside, where she is looking around bewildered.
    Burgh, the Bug-type Gym Leader from Castelia City and 3rd on my list to take down, shows up; the two exchange meet-‘n’-greet before Lenora tells him what just happened.

With Bianca and Rival #2 showing up, Lenora takes charge and assigns us all jobs.
    Bianca and Rival #2 look after the Museum and Gym, Lenora investigates Route 3, and I’m stuck with Burgh and inner Pinwheel Forest.

Bianca and Fennel are awesome.
    Everyone goes their separate ways, meaning I can finally place Blodge in a proper grave.
    You will be missed, Blodge, don’t believe otherwise. ;~;
    I withdraw Romsca from the Bench.

And that’s that for this part. Next time I head to inner Pinwheel Forest, encountering my Tenth Pokemon, and confront Team Plasma and other Trainers.
    Stay tuned.~

Current Party! - End Part XIV

- Deyna, Level 22 | - Auma, Level 20 | - Plugg, Level 21 | - Gingivere, Level 21 | - Cregga, Level 21 | - Romsca, Level 19

Boxed Pokemon

- Burble, Level 19

Graveyard

- Taunoc, Level 16 | - Blodge, Level 21

xxxxxxx

Complete.~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 17th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    I've been rather miserably sick with a flu or cold of some sort since *thinks for a sec* Thursday afternoon. Not fun at all, especially getting nosebleeds lasting a quarter of an hour.
    I have Parts 15-17 written up and screencaps saved, but I'll probably shorten them quite a bit.

Currently about to start playing part 18. Debating whether I should head over to Castelia Gym to start the VS Plasma thing, or go on to Route 3 to catch my 11th Pokemon.
    Just wanted to let you all know.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Fifteen - Croikle! and Further, Farther

Part Fifteen-A
    Croikle!

Burgh decides that I’m unable to notice obvious things and informs me of what the path we’re on leads to.
    Not only that, but he decides that he should take the straight path and block the exit to the Skyarrow Bridge, while I must go through the forest pathways. Gee thanks a lot, buddy, that’s real thoughtful of you.

Before I can actually get to one of the Plasma Grunts, I have to battle these Twins.
    They start things off with a Sewaddle and a Venipede.
    Venipede Protects itself, while I have Romsca and Auma tag-team KO the Sewaddle.

Their next Pokemon is a Petilil.
    Romsca gets double-teamed by the Venipede and Petilil via a Pursuit and an Extrasensory, but holds on-! You go Romsca, stay awesome!

Their final Pokemon is a Cottonee, as expected from the last one being the first Petilil we’ve seen.
    I heal up Romsca and have Auma Extremespeed the Cottonee, which retaliates with a Razor Leaf, which does next to nothing.
    The Venipede, however, decides to use Poison Tail twice on Auma, doing considerable damage, before Romsca KO’s the Cottonee.

That leaves the Twins with only Venipede remaining!
    Auma Heabutts it once and kills it, and Romsca reaches level 20!
    I head back to the outer path and have the Nurse heal my team.

And return to face off against this Plasma Grunt, who starts off with a Sandile.
    The tiny croc Torments Romsca, but it doesn’t matter because one Bug Bite KO’s it.

Next up is the Grunt’s Foongus, which Plugg KO’s with a Lava Plume Burning.

The Grunt’s last Pokemon (I believe) is a Skorupi.
    With that we’ve beaten this Plasma Grunt, who not only insults, but also doesn’t have the Dragon Skull and taunts that I’ll just have to find his “associates”.

Speaking of “associates”, I am now able to get my Tenth Pokemon here in inner Pinwheel Forest!
    But apparently one doesn’t want to show when I get this Big Root.
    I run back over to a certain spot and use Repel, because I read up that you could find one of the Grass Starters in the Shaking grass here. More likely to get an Audino, but it doesn’t hurt to try!

And my next catchable Pokemon will be…!?

It’s an Arceus-blessed Bulbasaur. Distortion World, yes!!! (I know that phrase is incredibly geeky and probably sound stupid, but leave me alone about it - this is amazing! :V )

And I know just what to name him, too: Croikle!
    I rush back to the Pokemon Center and switch Cregga out for him.
    Huh, Calm Nature, raising Special Defense and lowering Attack, and “highly curious”; he’s got Chlorophyll as his Ability, too.
    Not bad at all.~

I decide to teach Croikle Hidden Power - removing Take Down - and train him up a bit.
    His Hidden Power does decent, neutral damage to Fighting-types, which leaves it as 1 of 12 types. XP
    But in a match against a Ledyba, it was “not very effective”, narrowing it down to Fighting, Grass, or Ground.
    Against a Meditite it wasn’t very effective, which makes it a Fighting-type Hidden Power.
    Could be better, but that’s better than Take Down, at least.

I return to inner Pinwheel Forest after healing once more, deciding against grinding a few levels for Croikle.
    I face off against the second Team Plasma Grunt! She starts with a Murkrow, so I switch over to Gingivere, hoping that it doesn’t use Pursuit - which it doesn’t.
    Instead it goes for a Wing Attack, allowing Gingivere to

The Grunt’s next Pokemon is a Liepard; Romsca weakens it while Deyna finishes it off.
    …really, lady? I mean they’re okay uniforms, but really?

I see a patch of shaking grass and go for it, which *does* turn out to be an Audino.
    Which not only grows Croikle 1 level, but 2, making him level 21.
    And now he evolves!~

I walk west over to the Item, which turns out to be TM09: Venoshock!
    One wild battle grows Auma to level 21.

I go over here to battle the Pokemon Ranger, who leads with a Dunsparce.
    It Yawns at Auma’s Headbutt, so I send out Deyna, who gets a paralyzing Glare and two Rollouts. But Deyna isn’t about to let himself get KO’d by this thing and Karate Chops it for a KO.

Next up on the Ranger’s team is a Heracross, so I go with Plugg!
    It has Brick Break-!? I let Plugg Lava Plume it once before switching to Romsca.
    The Heracross dies to the Burn Plugg gave it, however.

The Ranger’s final Pokemon is a Chimchar, which Deyna kills easily, even while paralyzed.
    Deyna grows to level 23 and we’ve won.~
    The nice Ranger gives me a Chesto Berry, too.

A wild battle and Plugg grows to level 22.
    Auma kills a few Cottonee.

As I make my way farther into Pinwheel Forest, I run into this Youngster who has a Shroomish that Romsca kills, a Cyndaquil (awesome!) that Auma kills which grows her to level 22, and a Treecko (also awesome!) that Romsca kills to level up to 22, too.

And with that we’ve won, but despite what the Youngster seems to believe, I did see his Pokemon’s strong points; the fact that he had a Cyndaquil and a Treecko alone made me smile. Those are two of my favorite Starters. ~

But what’s more is that Romsca’s evolving!
    I go heal everyone up.

Part Fifteen-B
    Further or Farther…

A little farther…further…um, whichever one of those is proper to use in this situation…into the forest I find TM95: Snarl.

Just north of that, I’m ambushed by Ranger Audra who leads with a Tangela, which Plugg kills via Lava Plume and a Burn. Next up from her is a Sweet-Scent-obsessed Bulbasaur that Ramsca kills.
    Next up is her Scyther! I have Gingivere risk it; he eventually kills it with just two Sparks, and growing to level 22!

We beat her and she compliments my team; not only that, she gives me a second Chesto Berry.
    I go back to Nacrene City to buy 3 Potions and 8 Super Potions.

After that I return and move forward, running into another Ranger ambush.
    Ranger Irene gives me calming-breathing tips for some really weird reason.
    She starts with a Roselia that is killed by Plugg; Croikle grows to level 22.

Her next team member is a Pinsir that Romsca KO’s with Night Shade.
    Plugg grows to level 23.
    Note: I paused here for a while to work on other things. XP
    Irene’s final Pokemon is a Chikorita that I have Auma kill.

Irene, like the other Rangers, gives me a berry, but this time it’s a Pecha Berry, not Chesto.

I make it over and through the hollowed-out tree log and to another Plasma Grunt with a Stunky leading.

I actually like Stunky and Skuntank. I actually tried a Nuzlocke before this one but my team died before too long, leaving only two members: a Floatzel and a Skuntank.
    I fondly remember it and actually do hope to get a Stunky/Skuntank here, too.

Deyna KO’s the Grunt’s follow-up Mightyena with a Karate Chop and Water Gun.
    Lastly the Grunt has a Glameow, which uses Bite to Flinch Croikle before he finishes it off with Hidden Power (Fighting).

Heading east from that stalling Plasma Grunt, I encounter a Ranger.
    He has a Vigoroth that Gingivere KO’s. Next up is a Mothim that Plugg defeats.
    The only one of note is a Turtwig (I have never used one, same with Piplup.), but event then Romsca kills it with two Bug Bites, growing to level 23 for defeating it.

After winning that battle, the Ranger gives me a Pecha Berry.
    I explore south of him, nearly the spot of water.
    Gingivere levels up to 23. I find TM86: Grass Knot there. Auma grows to level 23.

And finally, I’m at the last Plasma Grunt, who starts the show with a Golbat. I switch from Croikle to Gingivere.
    Next he sends out a Beedrill that Auma kills, then a Sraggy that Deyna KO’s and gets to level 24 from.
    Lastly he sends out a Carnivine that I have Plugg KO’s with two Lava Plumes; doing that grows Plugg to level 24, which is when I replace Scratch with Crunch. XP
    With that…

Long story short I recover the Dragon Skull.
    Gorm of the Seven Russian Sages shows up, soon followed by Lenora and Burgh.
    After some dialogue, Gorm and the Grunt disappear and Burgh leaves with an invitation to his Gym in Castelia.
    Lenora takes back the Dragon Skull in return for Moon Stones.

I go east and find King’s Rocks - one of which should be very good for Burble - and rush south to go to the Nurse to heal up. But I have to battle a trainer to do that, even. XP

School Kid Sammy has a Linoone that Romsca Critical 1HKO’s with Bug Bite, a Noctowl, a Charmeleon with Dragon Rage that nearly kills Deyna (what the heck!?), and a Sandshrew.

I need to stock up on Potions and Super Potions after that…adventure through the woods, so I go to the Nacrene Pokemon Center.
    I give Burble one of the two King’s Rocks and…that’s all for now.
    Stay tuned for next time.~

Current Party! - End Part XV

- Deyna, Level 24 | - Auma, Level 23 | - Plugg, Level 24 | - Gingivere, Level 23 | - Romsca, Level 23 | - Croikle, Level 23

Boxed Pokemon

- Burble, Level 19 | - Cregga, Level 21

Graveyard

Complete.~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 17th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Sixteen - Bridge to, Exploring Castelia

Bridge to, and Exploring Castelia

I battle against Lass Eva and her team of an Oddish, Wartortle, and Pidgeotto. Not much special to note here.

http://i.imgur.com/6IhMUIg.png

Next up is School Kid Millie. She has a Tranquil, Ivysaur, and a Furret.

In the “gatehouse” before the Sky-Arrow Bridge, I get the Quick Claw from a Hiker.

Sky-Arrow Bridge; I don’t really have much to say about this thing, other than that the few people that are standing around have interesting reasons for doing so. XP

And, after what seems like an age, I’m in Castelia City.
    I get some Fire Stones from a guy on the first pier, which I use at the Castelia Pokemon Center to evolve Plugg!

After that I go around to explore the other Piers, but nothing’s really going on at any of them.

It is now time for more exploring of Castelia City before I head on over to the Gym.
    I get TM70 Flash from this guy…a weirdo who is looking for his sunglasses or something.
    In the little…café, I guess, near him I receive TM48 Round from the barrista.

Over on the next street there’s a line for Castelia Cones, so none of those for me, sadly enough.
    But in the art gallery, I show the resident clown-artist a Fighting-type - Deyna - and receive a Rawst Berry! That’s quite neat.

The street right next to the Pokemon Center has the GAMEFREAK Building. There’s nothing inside for me just yet, though.
    In the building to the left side of that street there’s a lady that massages Pokemon to raise happiness. I forgo having her massage any of mine, though.
    On the 11th floor of that same building, though, I receive TM44 Rest from a Hiker.
    Nothing left on this street, though.

So I move on to Castelia’s Central Plaza, where I am challenged by Dancer Mickey, who only has one Pokemon: a Simisage.
    I switch out from Croikle to Romsca and KO it with two Bug Bites, though the monkey paralyzes her with Lick.

After the battle Mickey asks my help to recruit other Dancers, so I go ahead and do that.

First up on that list, in the alleyway with the Flash guy and café, is Dancer Edmond who has a Simipour.
    Croikle Razor Leafs it three times for a KO and grows to level 25.

I heal up at the Pokemon Center, switch out Romsca for Burble, before going to the final Dancer, who is at one of the Piers.
    Dancer Raymond completes the trio with having a Simisear.
    Burble Water Guns it until it is KO’d, not only reaching level 20, but also…

…evolving into a Slowking!

For helping the Dancers find each other to form a group, I get an Amulet Coin. Thanks, guys.

Lastly, I check in Castelia City’s final street; the first building on the left has the Name Rater. The one on the right has multi-lingual stuff going on.
    A lady gives me TM45 Attract, but besides the German, French, and Spanish speakers, nothing else, really.
    In the building forward from that one, I receive an Eviolite for having seen 177 Pokemon.

But for Castelia City, except for the Battle Company and Gym-street, nothing else I can do.

Current Party! - End Part XVI

- Deyna, Level 25 | - Auma, Level 24 | - Plugg, Level 24 | - Gingivere, Level 24 | - Croikle, Level 25 | - Burble, Level 20

Boxed Pokemon

- Cregga, Level 21 | - Romsca, Level 23 |

Graveyard

Complete.~
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 17th, 2013 at 02:41 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    A momento to my Single Battling Pokemon Challenge in Pokemon Sapphire before I start a Mono-Type Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyco's Single Battling Pokemon Sapphire Challenge

Name: Bronta
    Level: 91
    Ability: Soundproof
    Trainer Memo: Calm Nature, Lv6, Route 116 (met).

Items Given: Silk Scarf, Amulet Coin

HP: 388
    Attack: 201
    Defense: 158
    Sp. Attack: 195
    Sp. Defense: 157
    Speed: 184

Moves: Shock Wave, Hyper Voice, Earthquake, Brick Break

HALL OF FAME TIME: 13:38:43
    POKEDEX: 168 Seen, 100 Caught
    All the way from having trouble with Roxanne and Brawly, to destroying Steven. The TOP PERCENTAGE Whismur, Loudred, and Exploud.
    I salute you and shall not forget.

[edit]
    As for the Blaze Black Nuzlocke, I have not forgotten that either!
    I was just sick for a whole week and feeling miserable and too lazy to really scribe anything.

I will resume it soon - likely when I have my main battling team ready to face off against Clay!
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 21st, 2013 at 07:12 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Seventeen - Catching Up and Quaking Clay

It’s been a while, huh? Well okay, not *that* long - only 3 days or so since I last updated - but it feels longer than that to me, not sure about you all. XP

Well to begin, I suppose, consider this a time-skip, because I really *wanted* to scribe most if not all of what has or had happened between the last part and this one, but I felt crappy while sick and really just wanted to get things moving forward.

Where I left off, I had just finished up exploring Castelia City.

xxxxxxxx

Catching Up and Clay!
    Highlights after that would be: defeating the Battle Company, thwarting a few Plasma plots, and defeating Castelia Gym Trainers and Burgh - getting the Insect Badge.

After that I battled against Bianca and Cheren and ventured through Route 4, the Desert Resort, and Relic Castle on my way to Nimbasa City.

After the battle against Cheren, Gingivere evolved into Luxray, and a little ways in to the Desert Resort Croikle evolved into Venusaur.

On Route 4 I got Durry the Sandshrew, for outer Desert Resort I got Russa the Cacnea, inner Desert Resort I got Wingfold the Gligar, and lastly I got Vilaya the Shuppet in Relic Castle.

Upon arriving in Nimbasa, I knocked out a few Plasma grunts’ Pokemon to protect the Day Care man, and got HM03 Fly…but couldn’t use it.

I decided to go over to Route 5 where I got Fenna the Pachirisu; Route 16 is where I met Asmodeus the Seviper and Lostlorn Forest I met Basil the Karrablast…who died shortly after capture.

I defeated N and Nimbasa City Gym’s Trainers and Elesa - gaining the Bolt Badge!
    I also received the HM for Strength.

On Driftveil Drawbridge I got Olav the Swablu, who learned Fly and allowed me to get Sunflash the Cranidos at Nacrene.

At Route 6 I got Hon Rosie the Minun and finally at Cold Storage I got Nyctea the Snorunt.
    Also at Cold Storage I rounded up some hooligan Team Plasma members only for Ghetsis to show up and threaten Clay with “invasion” - I believe - and our efforts made wasted.

From fishing at Driftveil I got Periwinkle the Wailmer.

Various Evolutions occurred. XP

And now, after all of that and defeating the Driftveil Gym Trainers - plus some level grinding, it is time for me to face off against Clay!

Surprisingly enough, it is a Single Battle, like Elesa; he starts things off with a Hippowdon, while I lead with Croikle. The hippo has Sand Stream, which is rather entirely troublesome, which is why I brought along Burble!

A single Petal Dance from Croikle knocks out the Ammit. XP

Next up is his Steelix and it likes to set up Coil against Burble, for some reason.
    It hits with an Earthquake next turn which does some damage, Burble takes it decently, and a second Water Pulse knocks it out cold!

Third up is his Krookodile.
    It manages to lash out with an Earthquake before getting KO’d by Croikle.
    Croikle grows to level 43, too!

Fourth up on Clay’s roster is his Marowak…which gets KO’d by a single Water Pulse from Deyna!

Second to last on his team is his monstrous Excadrill!!!
    This could get extremely ugly. ;A;

Oddly enough he switches over to his Seismitoad after his Excadrill after a Swords Dance and a wonderfully damaging Water Pulse from Deyna.

So I have Russa the Cacturne face off against the odd toad.
    It tosses out a Sludge Wave, but Russa holds on and Leech Seeds it.
    We go through a cycle of him using Sludge Wave on Russa and me healing her up with Lemonades (seriously she likes these, it seems) until he tries Muddy Water - absorbed!

Another Sludge Wave to Russa, which poisons her and does considerable damage, and Russa Seed Bombs the toad for the knock out!!!

And returning to the field are both Clay’s Excadrill and Deyna!
    This is the face off to decide whether Deyna lives and stomps the mole and I get the Quake Badge, or if something disastrous happens and it is delayed.

And a Water Pulse following Excadrill’s Earthquake finishes the battle!

I and my team won against Clay and receive the Quake Badge!
    …but instead of getting a TM here he tells me he has something he wants and will meet me at the entrance to Chargestone Cave.
    Okay dude I guess that works out? :/
    He’s being rather Wolverine-ish about this, but eh, that’s alright…

Moving on, though, that’s that for this time, I suppose.
    I move around my party a little bit before I close, though.
    Next time, I will face off against Bianca and I will be going toward the Chargestone Cave, too!

Stay tuned.~

CURRENT PARTY! - End Part XVII

F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Eighteen - Accosting Ninjas and a Mole?

Okay, I'll just go ahead and say I was amazed at the Pokemon I got to encounter - I made sure to use Super Repels to get to the second floor of Chargestone Cave, though, so yep.~
    Accosting Ninjas and a Mole?

So I go on my way to Route 6 and end up meeting Bianca on the way.
    Hi Bianca, how are you doing?~
    She compliments me on getting my Quake Badge. So nice, why can’t Rival #2 be nice like her?

She convinces herself to not be distracted by the shiny new badge and challenges me to a battle herself! That sounds good to me.

Oddly enough she starts with a Mienfoo!
    The poor thing faces off against Gingivere, who Thunder Fangs it warily.
    It lashes out with a Jump Kick but goes crashing into the ground, knocking itself out!
    I know I’m not supposed to root on my team dying, but…poor girl, both the Mienfoo and Bianca. ;~;

Next up Bianca sends out her evolved Starter: Emboar!
    I oblige Bianca and her Emboar by sending out Deyna to battle the Fire/Ground-typed sumo pig (Drayano’s choice, kind of odd, but not too bad).

Sadly for Bianca and luckily for me, a single Water Pulse from Deyna knocks it out.

Third up is her Munny, now a Musharna!
    I let Gingivere back out to play with the…piggy bank, tapir, baku-lady.

A Night Slash doesn’t quite KO it, allowing it to set up Lucky Chant. A second Night Slash finishes the job, though. Munna and Mursharna are bulky in HP, Defense, and Sp. Defense, so I was wondering…

Gingivere grows to level 40!

Fourth, and second to last I believe, is her Persian. Deyna returns to the battle.
    It is faster than Deyna and Slashes him, but doesn’t do much damage let alone get a critical hit. Deyna uses Sacred Sword for an easy KO.

Last but not least is Bianca’s Simisage. I bring out Nyctea to battle it.
    It starts things off, being faster than my Froslass, Leering for lowered Defense.
    Nyctea returns the greeting Leer with an Ice Beam, Which knocks it out cleanly!

With that we’ve won against Bianca for the…fifth time, I think?
    She doesn’t seem to be too upset and gives me a RageCandyBar for some reason.
    Bring up wanting to give some to Rival #2 she leaves; keep on shining on, Bianca.

I heal up at the Pokemon Center and go to the Drifveil market to get some more Moomoo Milks. I go back through Route 6 on my way to Chargestone Cave. Gingivere kills a few Pokemon on the way, including a Mime Jr.

Clay shows up at the entrance to Chargestone Cave and has a Krokorok take care of the Galvantula nest/web-whatever before giving me TM78 Bulldoze!
    He leaves me to my business but not before doubting me once more. XP

Time for me to enter Chargestone Cave!

But I walk in and am immediately met by two of Team Plasma’s Shadow Triad, who redirect me straight to N!
    He talks to me about electricity and formulas and Pokemon, before asking me if I’m surprised that I’ve been “chosen”…okay that is kind of freaky, N.
    But when he tells me that Ghetsis has found my friends/rivals and I interesting, that clarifies things. Ghetsis is a creep through and through, so yeah.

He leaves after that, letting me know that Team Plasma awaits me in the cave, himself included.

I don’t go very far before I’m greeted once again by Bianca…and by Professor Juniper.
    Hi to both of you, I guess. XP
    The professor was requested by her father to research Klink here, apparently.

And then Juniper gives me the best things ever of all time here: Lucky Eggs.
    Yes, for those of you who know what these are and what they do, that is plural.
    Best Professor or what, am I right?

I spam Super Repels on my way to the next floor, because I want to wait to get a Pokemon from the next floors, IIRC. I don’t really want a Klink, Joltik, or one of the others on the first floor.
    I’m hoping for a Mawile, Sableye, Durant, or Deino on the second floor, and there’s a 10% chance for each one.

I meet up with the Professor and Bianca a little ways farther into the cave…

I also get accosted by all three members of the Shadow Triad. o.O;
    After that and avoiding a Scientist lady, I get to the next floor!

And my encounter for Chargestone Cave is a…!?
    Deino!? This could either be amazing or…entirely useless!
    I already have a Dark-type in Gingivere, but the Special Attacker that I know Hydreigon can be could be a boon in the long run. XP

Now what to name her? Well I suppose there’s only one name I feel right giving to her.
    I will name her after Foremole Brull, of Taggerung, the one and only female Foremole in the series.
    Why a mole, you ask? Well to me the blindness trait points me to that direction. XP

I use an Escape Rope and run on back to the Pokemon Center to check out her stats and moveset.
    Lax Nature…I guess that works? It lowers Special Defense and raises Defense, so…yeah. ^^;

And I think that’s good for this part, actually.
    I think keeping these shorter will encourage me to update more, tbh. XP

CURRENT PARTY! - End Part XVIII

Plus Brull in the box.~

Next time I face off against N in the Chargestone Cave...with his entire team of Rotom forms. ;A;
    I'm honestly terrified of this battle, just FYI. I've seen what those ball-lightning things can do to Nuzlocke teams. The horror.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; March 25th, 2013 at 09:18 PM.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Nineteen - Templars, The Basement, and Abominable Appliances

Part Nineteen-A
    Templars and The Basement

And here I am at the Plasma Grunts; Gingivere is still at the front.
    I skipped the regular trainers before this because I didn’t think you all would be interested in those battles, you’re interested in the important battles and near-deaths experiences, right? XP

The first one tells me I’m here only because I was manipulated.
    Or maybe he’s talking to himself? I mean, there could be rather smart Plasma grunts among the masses of challenged ones. I mean the Sages aren’t exactly complete fools.
    But yeah here we go!

He starts off with a Krokorok, meaning I have to switch Gingivere out for Croikle.
    It uses Dig but actually doesn’t do much and gets a Petal Dance to the face in reply.

The Grunt’s next Pokemon is the Raticate of this generation: Watchog.
    Surprisingly, at least to me, it takes a Thunder Fang *and* a Night Slash to KO it.

Last one up is a…Scrafty. I have Plugg take it out with three Acrobatics, but it actually manages to hit with Hi Jump Kick…which was terribly worrying.
    Plugg grows to level 43 and that’s that.

The next Plasma Grunt demands that, if I lose, to release my Pokemon.
    Sorry, but that’s not the rule I’m following for this Nuzlocke. XP
    He starts things off with a Eelektrik.

Gingivere Night Slashes it and takes a Discharge for little damage, and finishes it off with another Night Slash.
    Next up on his roster is a Crawdaunt, the faker crawdad Pokemon. Gingivere kills it.

His last Pokemon is a Banette. Gingivere takes care of it, too, and grows to level 43.~

I switch out Gingivere for Durry.
    Next up is a Plasma Grunt fascinated by Chargestone Cave’s beautiful Pokemon. Huh…but apparently only because they are free.
    Ohkay…
    She starts off with a Pawniard that Durry KO’s easily, growing to level 42.

Her next one is a Cacturne, which I find slightly funny. Plugg KO’s it with a Lava Plume.
    Not worth mentioning is her Scraggy and a Mightyena.

N was worried about me!? Not “for” me but about me? Oh come on, he’s the one with Rotom after Rotom here! D:
    She has a Garbodor that Durry KO’s…but it has Aftermath. Surprisingly it doesn’t do much.

Her second one is a Weezing. I hope to Arceus that this doesn’t have Self-Destruct or Explosion.
    It doesn’t and Nyctea kills it, growing to level 44!~

The next Plasma Grunt is a pretty decent guy with an Arbok; Durry leveled up to 43.

His Vileplume has Earth Power which was entirely worrying; I was seriously worried for Plugg’s life there. ;~;
    Thirdly is a Honchkrow. Gingivere Thunder Fangs it once and kills it.

The next Grunt comments on her Team’s hope; she has only one Pokemon but it’s one that I (obviously) have used and liked a whole lot: Exploud!
    Oddly enough it tries to kill Durry via confused-suicide instead of murder. :/
    Durry tanks his own attacks and knocks it out.

The final Team Plasma Grunt has a Garbodor. Croikle and Durry tag-team it for a KO.
    Both grow to level 44.

I decide to head down to the final floor of Chargestone Cave.

In the basement of Chargestone Cave, I battle an Ace Trainer; Gingivere Night Slashes her Dratini, Croikle Petal Dances her Rhydon, and Nyctea freezes her Exeggutor. Easy enough.

I find a Hyper Potion, Star Piece, Rare Candy,…

The next Ace Trainer has a Farfetch’d that nearly kills Durry - apparently they were changed to Fighting/Flying-type? Deyna KO’s her Arcanine and Gingivere does the same to her Hypno.

I find a Paralyze Heal and Bright Powder past her.
    That’s about it for the basement. XP

Before I take on N I finish up with the trainers on the first floor. There’s an Ace Trainer with a Bagon, Cradily (Lileep and Cradily are my favorite Fossils), and a Zangoose.
    I grab the Magnet southeast of him.

After him there’s Scientist Orville…I laughed this name, to be honest. XP

I leave Chargestone Cave to return to Driftveil City to restock items and prepare to battle N!

Part Nineteen-B
    Abominable Appliances

I grew the team I’m going to battle N with close to level 47. I decided to go ahead at level 46, though. Whether or not that will hurt me badly is going to show in just a few moments, though.

Here’s N talking about his hate for the grey world, wanting it all black or white.
    Then he asks if I have dreams I wish to fulfill. The answer is obviously yes.

He wants to learn what my dream is…through battle!!!
    …I don’t even know if I saved before this. Ahahahahahahaha- ;A;

First up is normal/regular Rotom! Durry is on the field to battle it.
    Durry uses Night Slashes after avoiding a Will-O-Wisp for half health damage!
    But the next turn Durry does get burned and doesn’t do as much at all with Night Slash.

Rotom uses Shadow Ball and nearly kills Durry! But Durry’s third Night Slash knocks it out!

Please don’t let the Burn kill Durry please no please no please no-…
    Oh thank Arceus. ;~;

And here’ the thing: N has 5 more Rotom and I can’t tell which one he’ll send out next.

I decide to go with Plugg…which turns out to be the good choice because N sends out the lawnmower Rotom!
    Plugg does good damage with Lava Plume, but the lawnmover uses Thunderbolt - for how much damage? D:

Not enough to knock Plugg out, that’s how much! Plugg knocks it out with a second Lava Plume!

I’m anticipating him sending out his Dishwashing Rotom next so I have Croikle join the battle field! My anticipations were correct - probably not all that surprising. XP

It Rain Dances and Croikle responds in kind with a Petal Dance for a OHKO!

I have Nyctea face off against the fan Rotom.
    This could go really badly. Air Slash isn’t as bad as the other Rotom’s attacks but this Rotom it still could hurt the team badly.

Nyctea Ice Fangs it, but…what the Distortion World it has Hurricane instead-!?
    Please don’t kill Nyctea-!!! ;A;

…it has Speed Boost, too. This could go terribly within seconds.
    I try stalling out the Hurricanes via Nyctea’s Protect and-!
    Oh my Arceus it works three times in a row. ;~;

It goes for a Thunder on the third Protect.

I take a chance and use Moomoo Milk to heal Nyctea and she is able to take another Hurricane.

It uses Shadow Ball. Noooooo-, I really don’t want Nyctea to die! She’s a great part of the team and an Ice-type! Possibly the only one I’ll be able to get!

…I risk it and switch her out for Croikle who takes a Shadow Ball well!
    Not only that but he avoids a Hurricane! Awesome.
    His Petal Dance KO’s the fan Rotom. ;~;
    He also grows to level 47.

Next up is N’s freezer Rotom.
    I have Plugg Lava Plume it for good damage and a Burn!

…but…Plugg is killed by the freezer Rotom…
    This just…I…I should’ve done something different. I should’ve sacrificed- NO I am not going there. There was something I could’ve done, more than likely, but I couldn’t figure out what it was.

But…what is this come on he had a lot to live for and was doing really well and I don’t remember having another Fire-type either crap crap crap crap what am I gonna do!!!? ;A;

I have Wingfold kill the son of a beach freezer Rotom…

His final Rotom is the oven-mitted oven Rotom.
    Gingivere knocks it out-! Yessssssssssssssssss!!!

No really, N!? You just killed Plugg! How do you feel about that, huh? Normally I’d be reasonably okay with you, but this is rather unforgiveable.

Bianca runs up from the west of N and I, and N is extremely cold towards Professor Juniper.
    He runs off in exasperation and Bianca returns to bodyguard duty for Juniper.

Now some people say “you can revive X because you have Revives in your bag and haven’t gone to a Pokemon Center to sell them just yet”, but that’s not what a Nuzlocke truly is in my mind.

I finally arrive in Mistralton City. The first thing I do is go to the PC.

This is goodbye but not “I forget you”, Plugg. You were a great member of the team and did so very well and you never lost your tail, unlike your namesake.
    I was hoping that you could go all the way with Deyna and Auma, especially helping out against the Ice Gym, but…Thank you. You did well. ;~;

Just like Taunoc…meaning, now, the two that were from Dreamyard fell in battle…

I place Wingfold back into the box and return Deyna to my team.

Now I must see who can possibly take up his mantle…
    Sunflash, Asmodeus, Cregga, Brull, or Olav - one of these will do that, unless I find a Fire-type on Route 7, at least.
    I know there are a handful of them there, at the very least…

Stay tuned for the next part, everyone. I’m not quite sure what I’ll be doing besides trying to train up a party member to - being blunt - replace Plugg.

CURRENT PARTY! - End Part XIX

...I really should've trained my team up a bit more, it seems. ;~;
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well the monkey is dead.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Well the monkey is dead.
    Plugg died valiantly in the face of a posessed freezer.
    If that's actually valiant or not I don't know but whatever I'm a bit upset. :/
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Twenty - Celestial Mistralton

Celestial Mistralton

Before I can actually get to Route 7 I run into Cedric Juniper and Skyla.

I am reading Professor Cedric Juniper’s lines in Nigel Thornberry’s voice. It is utterly hilarious.
    Apparently Juniper the younger has been talking about me. He updates my Pokedex.

Skyla wonder who I am and Cedric calls me a friend of his daughter. Well I like that; I’d say she’s a friend of mine given what she’s given me and the fact my best friend is her bodyguard.
    Cedric leaves after prompting Skyla about my wanting to challenge her Gym.

Skyla, however, has something to take care of at the Celestial Tower.
    With that, I am finally left to my own devices again. XP

I get the various items around Mistralton City, including the TM for Sky Drop.

After that it’s time for me to go to Route 7 and catch myself a new Pokemon!

NOTE: I am hoping for one of the handful of Fire-types along this Route: Ponyta, Magby/Magmar, Heatmor, and Torkoal. I’m hoping for any of those except Torkoal.
    XP

I avoid Trainers and tall grass alike on my way farther north to the “double grass”, aiming for a Magmar. I get a call from Mom along the way.
    Hi, Mom. YES, MOM, I HAVE ENOUGH SOCKS AND UNDERWEAR, thank you very much. ‘kay thanks bye. XP
    I get TM81 X-Scissor.

And the first encounter I have in the double grass is a…!?
    Well okay not just one Pokemon but two - a Ninjask and Magmar!
    Thankfully I get to pick which one and I know what I want.

With an Ice Beam to the Ninjask, Gingivere Dark Pulses the Magmar and I throw one Ultra Ball the next turn. That doesn’t do it and Nyctea gets hit with Flame Burst - but holds on quite well.
    A second Ultra Ball does it!~

I already have a name in mind for her, too, after one of the two female Kites in Redwall: May. But I’m going to do a little callback to another childhood and continued favorite series and give her the nickname of “Mayday”.

Okay so Naïve Nature…that’s not all that great; it lowers Special Defense and raises Speed…
    But that’s okay! Welcome to the team, May!~
    I go back to Mistralton to heal up and get the Lucky Egg I left on Wingfold.

Now it’s time to battle the Trainers of Route 7.
    The first one is Youngster Mikey who starts things off with a worrying Work Up-happy Tauros! Next is his Hitmonlee and finally is a Stoutland! I think this is the first one I’ve encountered so far, actually.

North of him I find the Magmarizer! This is absolutely amazing and helpful. :3
    Drayano (the maker of this patch/hack and Fire Red Omega and the sequel to this) made it a “use” item.

I go ahead on over to the Reminder Girl in the house to the right of the Pokemon Center.
    Now, sadly, I only have 2 Heart Scales, but I’ll see what can be done with that many.
    …but it turns out there’s not really anything my current team can learn that’s all that helpful, besides maybe Gingivere, who can learn Ice and Fire Fang.

The second Youngster’s name is Parker and he has a Darmanitan, Breloom, and Accelgor.
    Deyna takes care of the Darmanitan while May Flame Bursts the Breloom and Accelgor for KO’s.

Next on Route 7 is this Backpacker…who says he’s stranded. Kind of pitiful, really.
    He has a Grumpig and a Huntail.

Fourth on Route 7 is this Ace Trainer who seems to think that Rotation Battles will confuse me, leaving me to be an easy win.

…but holy crap he has a trio of fully evolved Kanto Starters all at level 45. o.O

I have May Heat Wave the Venusaur, Deyna weathers a Wing Attack to Razor Shell the Charizard, and lastly Gingivere KO’s the Blastoise with two Thunder Fangs.
    Nyctea and May grow to level 47!

I head north to the house with the old, stew lady to heal up.

And back down to battle this Backpacker; she has a Venomoth - a personal favorite that I used to and slightly continue to wish were a Bug/Psychic type - that Durry knocks out to grow to level 47.
    Her second Pokemon is a Rapidash that I have Deyna take care of to grow to level 47, too.

There’s a Ranger with a Stantler, Ambipom, and an Altaria; she gives me an Aspear Berry.
    The item north of her is a PP Up.

The Ranger north of her is named Pedro (vote for him) and has a Deino and Heatmor.
    He also gives me an Aspear Berry; east of him is a Max Ether.

Then there are the two Harlequins at the very end of Route 7, on the way to Twist Mountain. The first one has a Victreebel, a Hitmontop, and a Meganium.
    The second one has a Clefable, Dodrio, and Golduck.

And those are all the trainer battles on Route 7, so next is Celestial Tower!
    I think I’ll go ahead and get my Pokemon from there, too. :3
    Of the ones available I’m hoping for a Gastly/Haunter or Bronzor/Bronzong.

To get one though, I have to go to the 2nd floor, where the encounter and new teammate is a…?
    Bronzor!

I think I’ll name it Dandin!
    I run back to Mistralton City to check out Dandin’s stats. He has a Lonely Nature, raising Attack but lowering Defense, huh? Well that’s not too bad, actually.
    It certainly isn't the best, but there are worse Natures that he could've gotten.

Returning to Celestial Tower - I really hope that there’s the TM for Shadow Ball here; the first Trainer was a Psychic who had a Misdreavus, Xatu, and Beeheeyem.

The next is a meowing - yes she in fact does - Lass with a Delibird and a Bellosom. Odd, she didn’t even have a cat-like Pokemon to go with her meowing! That’s disappointing.
    Right next to her is the TM for Telekinesis.

A Pokemon Fan after her has a Girafarig, Octillery, and Roserade. I get the TM for Will-O-Wisp right behind her.
    That’s the second floor.

Third floor has quite a few Psychics and one Nurse. Gingivere just demolishes everything in his path. May learns Aura Sphere along the way, which is awesome!
    The only thing of real note was Durry nearly getting killed by a Lampent’s Inferno.

The Nurse has an Espeon~ and a...Blissey that gives May a huge amount of experience.

Third floor has two Ace Trainers.
    The first has a Magnezone, Wailord, and Medicham.
    The second and last trainer in the Tower has a Rampardos, Torterra, and her own Magmortar. I find the TM for Shadow Claw next to her!

At the very top of Celestial Tower I find Skyla, saying she’s already taken care of the sick Pokemon - using a Max Revive. Good Arceus what was wrong with it?
    I ring the bell like she requests and she compliments the sound I apparently make. XP

I decide to go ahead to Mistralton Gym and battle the Trainers.
    Clyde gives me the usual Fresh Water.

Just so you all know: I hate this Gym with a passion - it forces you to be fired from cannons. I don’t like heights at all. Skyla is a sadist.

The trainers aren’t really of note, besides Worker Cliff who had a Charizard and another trainer who had an Aerodactyl.

That’s all for now; next time I will be taking on Skyla!
    Stay tuned.~

CURRENT TEAM! - End Part XX
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries

Part Twenty-One - Deflating Skyla's Airbags

Deflating Skyla’s Airbags

Here’s my team as I go to battle Skyla and her flock (do five birds and a flyscorpion count as a flock?) of Pokemon. Olav is under-leveled but around to take a few hits that might be needed to be taken.

No Skyla I hated those freaking cannons. My legs sound like they break every single time I land and the second to last (well, third to last, but whatever) one sent me into a freaking wall!!!
    You, Skyla, are a sadist and need to be deflated, that’s what I think!
    Winona is so much better than you. :V

And with that statement out of the way, this is the beginning of the battle, which is indeed a Triple Battle!

Skyla starts off with her Braviary, Skarmory, and Vullaby; I have Nyctea, Gingivere, and May out to battle against them!

I have Gingivere Nyctea Ice Beams the Mandibuzz for a very good amount of damage.
    May Heat Waves all three enemies, but the Skarmory has an Occa Berry to weaken the attack.
    In the end it KO’s the Mandibuzz and lowers the remaining two enemies’ HP into the orange, though the Braviary has a Sitrus Berry.

Gingivere Thunder Fangs the Braviary for a KO!
    The remaining Skarmory uses Spikes.

To replace her knocked out Pokemon, Skyla sends out her Archeops to my right and her Gliscor to my left.
    This could get ugly.

I think about what to do next for a little while before going with Switching out May for Deyna, having Nyctea use Protect, and Gingivere Dark Pulsing the Skarmory.

And as I feared, the Archeops uses Earthquake…followed by Gliscor doing the same. ;A;
    Skarmory uses Roost, and the Gliscor has a Toxic Orb - most likely to activate Guts...or Poison Heal, apparently.

I do some switching around and manage to KO the Archeops with Nyctea.
    Olav grows to level 46 and learns Cotton Guard, which I use to replace Hyper Voice.

Skyla’s Gliscor tries to use Earthquake but for no effect, and her Skarmory uses Brave Bird on Olav, sending my Altaria into the orange.

Skyla sends out her final Pokemon: her Swanna.
    I do some defensive maneuvering and healing, switching Nyctea for Gingivere and healing Olav and my Luxray friend with a Moomoo Milk and Hyper Potion respectively.

Skyla’s Swanna uses Hurricane on Gingivere for not much damage; her Gliscor uses Thunder Fang on Olav, who resists it, and her Skarmory uses Steel Wing on Gingivere.

I heal Nyctea up in place of having Wingfold attack and shift Olav out for May.
    Skyla has her Swanna use Ice Beam on the just switched in May, for little damage…but it Freezes her. ;A;

Oddly enough her Gliscor attacks Wingfold with Acrobatics, doing little damage. Maybe it’s a sign of rivalry or something?

Gingivere use Thunder Fang on the Swanna for a OHKO!!!
    May grows to level 55 from that.

Her Skarmory uses Brave Bird on May…for a worrying amount of damage! ;A;
    Nooo not May come on I just got her-!
    The metal bird gets damaged badly by the recoil, though.

I use a Hyper Potion on May, letting her try using Heat Wave, and Gingivere prepares Thunder Fang once more - this time on the Skarmory.

May doesn’t move, though…and her Gliscor uses Earthquake-! Whyyyyyy-…

But Gingivere’s Thunder Fang knocks out her Skarmory!

I take the chance, switching Wingfold out for Nyctea and May for Olav, and healing May.
    Her Gliscor uses Earthquake again, not effecting Olav, but doing over half.

I take the next turn to have Nyctea Ice Beam and Olav DragonBreath the Gliscor, healing Nyctea back to full health with a Moomoo Milk.

And Nyctea’s Ice Beam finishes it off!

With that we’ve won our sixth Badge, the Jet Badge! She also gives us the TM for Acrobatics, which is rather nice after giving me so many scares in the battle and trying to kill me with those freaking cannons.

One final cannon shot - another time I’m afraid my legs will break - and I’m out of the gym, but…
    Oh hello, N, you’re still going around being a stalker, huh? Maybe you should stop that. I think it would do wonders for you and everyone around you, Pokemon included.

But apparently he wants to talk to my Pokemon again. Deyna…I’m watching you, don’t you start cussing up a storm to N, you hear me? That’s just plain rude and uncalled for, even if he’s antisocial and stalking us.
    Apparently he talks to Gingivere and my blue and black lion friend decides to tell my life story to him. I trust you Gingivere, don’t break that trust. ;~;

N comments that if everyone treated Pokemon like the bond I have with Gingivere, he wouldn’t go on a megalomaniacal spree stealing Pokemon.
    …or at least that’s how I interpret what he said. No, I am not holding a grudge over Plugg, what are you people talking about.

N finishes by telling me about Ghetsis search for the precious Light and Dark Stones.
    One of these N plans to use to resurrect the Legendary Dragon Pokemon of Unova, and rule over the region.
    N, you’re starting to show Puppet Ruler syndrome. Let’s try to work on that in the future, ‘kay? Good.

Well at least he doesn’t want to use force to change the world, but he feels that he needs and has to for the results he desires and dreams of.

Finally he leaves, with a parting word that…he doesn’t want to see Pokemon hurt by being separated from Trainers like me. But on the other side of the coin, he sees it as a necessary sacrifice. Okay…
    Plugg… ;~;

I can move freely again, so off to see Nurse Joy at the Pokemon Center to heal up! Yay.~
    I also switch Olav back out for Croikle, though I consider getting Russa instead.

That’s all, for now!
    Stay tuned for next time, when I take on Rival #2 once more!~

CURRENT TEAM! End Part XXI
    F/GO SUPPORT

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Winona is so much better than you. :V
    Can you hear that? Is the millions and million of perverts fans wanting to kill you.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw