Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fate/Law Intertwined By: Roadbuster & Elf

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    REPOSTS, MWAHAHAHHAAHA
    Shush, Irun! I doubt most of these people read the original one. Which they're going to have a giant surprise later on.

The original?
    Did you steal it from Gil?
    -Insert witty signature here-

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Who do you think his minions stole it from in the first place?

well the latest chapter I remember from the old BL(I didnt sign up at that point) had something about forest being pregnant....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amado View Post
    well the latest chapter I remember from the old BL(I didnt sign up at that point) had something about forest being pregnant....
    LOL, don't spoil the N00Bs please.

I know....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I don't remember reading that, and I thought I had a copy that went beyond the last post you made on the old BL, so....

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle hatori's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    same here..
    I shall serve thy cause, upon my honour, till thy death.
    -Avenger/Jester. Trinity Series.
    Destined Legacies, shamelessly rewriting it since 2010

When I go random.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    I'm working on that snippet okay? It'll be done and ready to post by Saturday. So until then, I think I'll need some more chapters to keep on going :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I'm working on that snippet okay? It'll be done and ready to post by Saturday. So until then, I think I'll need some more chapters to keep on going :P
    Did you ever read it on the old BL?

I remember lurking and reading the first chapter, I think. But beyond on that, no.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I remember lurking and reading the first chapter, I think. But beyond on that, no.
    Oooh, a virgin to it . . .

“Oh, Baby, I’m home!” Forest’s voice rang out jovially, jarring Rin from her studies. She looked at the clock and smiled, her mother was home early for her tonight and they’d spend some time together before bed. She jumped out of the chair and ran down the hall to see her mother beaming at her.

Standing beside her mother however was someone that looked vaguely familiar. A gorgeous boy actually, with pale angular features and deep, dark blue eyes that widened at the sight of Rin. Rin skidded to a halt as they stared at each other, recognition and hope playing in the boy’s features.

It was the same look she had seen before, several years ago. The boy was older now, of course, but it had to be him. She tilted her head and walked up to him. With her arm extended, she said very plainly, “I am Rin Forest, it’s nice to meet you.”

There was a visible downcast on his features as he took her hand. He obviously knew who she was and was now scared that she didn’t remember him. “I’m… uh… Quinn Frost… likewise…” he said back to her, flushing a bit.

He seemed sincere enough, and looked to have been through a lot. Rin tended not to trust too many people she just met, but her mother had seen fit to bring him home, so maybe she could lighten up for him a bit. “So, I finally get to know your name from all those years ago,” she said with a smile.

His head rose up and revealed as much of a smile she figured the boy capable of. “So… it was you, right? You’re the girl that fucking stood up for me, right?!” he said, getting a bit excited.

Rin nodded, starting to understand just what a Hell this kid had been through. All she had done was beat up some bullies that were picking on him. From the excitement he was showing… it was obvious that nobody ever seemed to do that for him. She may have even been the only one, except for Mother now, of course.

“You look like you’re about to implode, you know?” Rin said to him, sighing. “It can’t be helped, come along to the kitchen and I’ll fix you something to eat.”

Rin wasn’t about to acknowledge the little smile on her mother’s face.

At first, having the boy around had seemed nice. He was shy, but very intelligent and was an interesting addition to the house. But, to Rin’s horror, it seemed that Mother was not prepping him to leave. More so, it seemed like he was going to be adopted just like she was. And that wasn’t something she really thought she wanted.

For years, it had just been her and her mother, and they had become a family. Sure, it wasn’t the most normal of families and they had had to overcome many challenges, but it worked. It was all she wanted, really. And now, without even asking her, Mother had expanded that family.

Upon her mother’s insistence, Quinn was now enrolled at her school. He went to and from school with her, following her everywhere like a damned puppy. He would even show up at her job from time to time. It was getting really annoying. What right did he have to just barge into her life like this??

Like clockwork, it only took a few minutes after she got home before he was in her room with ‘questions’ for his homework. Did he really expect her to believe that he was having trouble with these simple problems? She knew him well enough to know that his intelligence was far beyond the homework.

He came up to her with the book and she swung around in her chair, her eyes already narrowing. “Dammit, Quinn! This is MY room! I come in here to be with MYself. Got it?!” she yelled at him before he even had a chance to speak. She got up out of the chair and folded her arms under her chest and glared at him.

His eyes were wide and he took a step back. “What?!” he slipped. In a quick moment, he was already snarling at her, “Fine you fucking bitch! All I wanted to do was ask you some fucking questions! Fuck you!”

The anger in Rin boiled up and she screamed at him, “Don’t you DARE talk to me that way!! Who the fuck do you think you are??” She was at the verge of pulling adrenaline she was so livid.

The only reply she got was his middle finger as he stormed out of the room. Rin slammed the door behind him as hard as she could. She walked back to her desk, but the rage still had a hold of her and she picked up her books and threw them at the wall. “It’s not fair!” she screamed as she punched the wall she had just thrown the books at.

Forest bit her lip as she gently rapped on her daughter’s door. She had never in the entire time she had been with Rin known this door to be locked, but it was now. She had, of course heard the exchange earlier and the destruction following it. It had finally died down and she figured the girl had finally calmed down a bit.

Rin’s reaction to the boy was a bit troubling to her, as she would have figured Rin more compassionate and accepting of him. But more and more, she seemed to almost be resenting him, treating him like an unwanted pest. Now the boy was on the roof entertaining thoughts of leaving and living on his own again. He was genuinely hurt by her.

“I don’t care who it is, go away,” came a reply from inside the door.

“I’m not going away, Rin. We’re going to talk,” Forest told her. She wasn’t asking and if need be, she did have the key to the door.

Unsurprisingly, the door was reluctantly unlocked, and Rin opened it a crack before jumping back on her bed and wrapping her arms around the large stuffed cat that Forest had bought her several years ago. Her right hand was clutched deep inside of the soft toy and Forest could smell the slight coppery scent of her daughter’s blood. She knew that the girl had punched the wall hard enough to wreck her knuckles.

“Rin… I heard what you said to Quinn…” Forest began, locking eyes with the young girl.

“I’m not sorry,” Rin said simply. Her eyes glared and burned into her as Forest walked in and sat on the bed as well.

“You are, Rin, but you’re just so angry right now you don’t see it,” she said gently. “What’s gotten you so riled up, baby?”

“Him! He follows me everywhere and is constantly in my business!” Rin huffed, breaking eye contact.

There was one thing that Forest never let her daughter get away with. Her eyes narrowed as she raised her hand and slapped the girl in the face. It wasn’t very hard, but it would have stung decently well. “I am not raising a liar, Rin!” she said to the girl sternly.

Already angry from before, Rin held her hand to her face and glowered at her mother. “What do you mean?! I told you why I was angry! Why did you hit me?!” she yelled at her.

Forest moved forward a bit, saying, “That’s not what’s causing all of this, Rin. There’s something sparking all this aggression and your head is too clouded up right now to see it!”

Rin slumped back against the wall huffing and turning her head away. She crossed her arms and absently asked, “Why did you bring him here anyway?”

Forest sighed and replied, “Because he would have been killed, Rin. You know that. You don’t want him to die, do you?”

“Of course not, mother… but why does he have to live here? With us?” she asked, again quiet. Forest could hear a slight emphasis on ‘us’ there, giving her some clues where this might be heading.

“If he went back out there, Rin, he would go right back into what he was doing before… and he would eventually be killed then, too,” Forest replied. She moved forward more and raked her fingers through her daughter’s bangs pushing them aside to see her conflicted eyes. “Where’s this heading? What do you want to tell me?”

“You never asked me, mother… you just did it on your own. We’re supposed to be a family, but you treated me as just a tenant…” Rin admitted to her softly, a tear running down her cheek.

Forest’s heart sank. She gathered up her daughter and brought her close, hugging her tightly. “Oh baby… I’m so sorry. That’s not what I meant at all…” Forest said to her, rocking her gently.

A few sobs escaped the girl and she replied, “I… I know, mother… I just don’t want to lose our family…”

A bloody tear fell down her own cheek. To this day, it was her daughter’s greatest fear. That something would happen and she would be alone again. For the longest time after they had first come to live together, Rin would have nightmares about her leaving, waking up crying. The fear was still there, and probably always would be.

“Nothing’s going to happen to our family, Rin. You’re still my beloved daughter. Nothing will ever change that,” Forest said to comfort the girl. “But… if I had exercised the same selfish feelings you are right now back then, what would have happened?”

Rin looked up to her, her beautiful eyes marred by the tears and replied, “I’d be alone…” She leaned back and Forest could feel the shame in the girl. “And… now I’m trying to take away Quinn’s chance at happiness because I don’t want it to get in the way of mine…”

Forest nodded to her. Rin bowed her head and apologized to her mother. She accepted the girls apology and then asked, “But, to be honest, I’m not the one you should really be apologizing to, now am I?”

“I suppose not… I’ll just have to get used to his constant nagging, I suppose,” Rin said, wiping the tears from her eyes.

Forest couldn’t help but giggle at the girl. Sometimes, for as smart as she was, her little Rin was pretty dense.

Rin stared at her and finally demanded, “What’s so funny, mother?”

“You honestly don’t know why he hounds you so?” Forest replied.

“I guess because he’s lonely,” Rin answered, tilting her head.

“That’s part of it, but tell me, does he talk to other children at school? Does he try and make friends there, if he’s so lonely?”

“No… he mostly avoids everyone else. Most of the girls are desperate to date him, but he won’t really even talk to them,” Rin said. She then tilted her head and asked, “What are you getting at, mother?”

“He’s head over heels in love with you, poppet!” Forest said cheerfully.

As expected, the look of horror and confusion on her daughter’s face was priceless. “Wh…wha….WHAT?!?!” Rin exclaimed. Her face turned crimson and she quickly shuffled around, looking everywhere but at her mother. “Wh…Why would he be… like that… to me?”

“Ah, maybe because you were the only person that ever stuck up for him? Not to mention you’re completely gorgeous, dear,” Forest told her. “But come on, let’s get your hand bandaged up before you set off his bloodlust when you go talk to him.”

Rin opened the door to the roof and shuddered as the cold assaulted her. Her jacket protected her from most of it besides what was blowing in her face as she walked out onto the top of her home. She found Quinn there, sitting and staring off the side of the building, wearing only a hoodie against the cold.

His stare was emotionless and his deep blue eyes were slightly glazed over in bitterness. She bit her lip, only realizing now how much she had hurt him. She walked over next to him so that she could talk to him.

“You don’t have to fucking do this, Rin,” he said to her. His voice was perfectly monotone, not a hint of inflection or accents. “If you’re up here to apologize because you got in trouble with Fore, then just fucking stuff it.”

“I don’t do anything because I’m told, Quinn,” Rin said to him. “You should know that by now.” She physically got in front of him so that he would be forced to look at her and locked eyes with him. “But, I won’t say that I didn’t need help in realizing what I was doing.”

“What do you mean?” he asked her.

Rin sighed, and admitted, “I was taking out my jealousy on you, Quinn. I saw you as an intruder into my family and someone that might try and take my mother away from me.” It was hard being this damned honest, but she had to come clean now, after being so hateful with him before.

“Why the fuck would I take your mother away from you?” he asked her. His voice was still mostly monotone, but she could here it crack now and again.

“Because it’s an irrational fear, Quinn. I was alone, too… and I can’t go back to that. I NEED her love,” Rin said. She was amazed at how much she was telling him. Normally, it would take someone years before she would admit any of these things to them.

“Well, I’m not going to take your mother away. I’ll be gone in the morning, so you don’t have to fucking worry,” he said, turning away again.

Rin walked up to him and physically pulled him back to facing her. She got close to his face and locked eyes again. “I don’t want you to go, Quinn. And I’m sorry.”

Rin had to lock eyes with him, at the look of those honest aquamarine orbs he was lost. Then she had to genuinely apologize to him and mean every damned word. Quinn sighed and then nodded quietly as he reached into the hoodie Forest had bought him to pull out his cross. He began to twist it along the all too familiar chain as he looked at her.

He said, “You’re no angel, that’s for damned sure, Rin.”

“Are you staying, Quinn?” she asked hopefully.

Quinn nodded and sighed, “Yeah, I am. It’s not like I have any place to fucking go.”

Rin didn’t let go of him, but Quinn could feel the warmth leaving her body out here. He resisted the urge to pull her close and keep her warm so instead he said, “Let’s get inside before you fucking freeze and Fore has my ass.”

“It’s not that cold up here,” Rin replied with her teeth chattering, “And you’re comfortable up here.”

Quinn looked at her, took her arm and retorted, “But you’re not. Besides, it’ll give me a chance to look into your room.”

He gently directed her down stairs in her room. It was the first time he’d really been able to study it and it fascinated him. So, this is what it’s like to actually grow up with someone who really loves you, Quinn thought as he looked at the massive amounts of dolls and stuffed animals that lined the room. His eyes locked on the giant orange stuffed cat lying on the bed. He made note that most of the stuffed animals were indeed cats and that made him grin slightly.

“You like cats,” he said as he looked around and pulled out her chair at the desk. He turned it around, straddled it and folded his arms over it to rest his chin on his lower right arm so his eyes were peering over his arms at her. Rin sank gracefully too the bed as she clutched the giant stuffed cat to her chest and nodded.

He made sure not to touch anything in her room, but he didn’t need to when he was just going to skim with his Sight. He cleared his throat and said, “You and Fore probably had a cat and it didn’t fucking like her because she was a vampire and it clawed and scratched her all the time.”

“We did, we eventually had to give it to Uncle Gabriel because it peed on everything despite being neutered,” Rin said with a nod.

Quinn strummed his fingers along the wood of the chair until he had a fairly decent tune forming. He said, “And you still visit the kitty. Big orange tabby like your stuffed animal, right?”

“Yes, how did you know?” Rin said with a frown, “Are you a clairvoyant?”

He nodded and said, “It’s more intense with touch. Since you were open with me, I should be fucking open with you. It’s fair.”

Aquamarine eyes widened at him as she held her kitty closer. As she watched him, Quinn realized more and more that she wasn’t an angel, but more like one of her beloved plush animals. Rin Forest was indeed a kitty. A black haired, aquamarine eyed, sly kitten. Considering on how shallow his faith was, he would have been fonder of the Kitten than the angel.

After a moment, Quinn asked, “How old were you when Fore found you?”

“Seven,” she answered quietly, “It was right after my Father died, but my family life hadn’t been anything. I didn’t know what love was until Mother found me and took me in.” She then chuckled, “I found out about love and family from a vampire, but then again, magi are not known for their parental skills and love. It’s all about pounding into the family how to be a proper magus.”

Quinn studied her, noting how her raven hair laid across her pale skin and brought out her gorgeous eyes combined with her red turtleneck Rin was stunning. Not to mention her heart matched her outside. Not many people would take on that many people to help a wretched half breed like him. So he watched her, wanting to know everything about her, every detail from what shoe size she wore to what her favorite food was.

Rin swallowed and asked, “What about you Quinn?”

“I . . . hate the Catholic Church,” was all he said as he looked away.

Rin let go of the stuffed animal to move closer to him. She peered up at him with those eyes as she knelt in front of him. He flooded his body as he realized he was how aware of how close she was. The scent of tea and roses hit his nostrils like a Mack truck and kept going, threading through his blood stream until he was pulsing with need. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

Then she slapped him with enough force to make his ears ring and his cheek burn. His head was slapped to the side and his vision blurred. He turned back to her once the ringing stopped and looked at her scowling face. He snapped, “What the fuck?”

“I was honest to you, the least you can do is be honest to me,” Rin snorted with a tiny toss of her hair as she glared at him.

Quinn swallowed and said, “You know what I am, right? Fore had to tell you?”

“Yes, a dhampire. The child of a vampire male and a human woman with special abilities. Assuming your clairvoyance, I’d say your mother was a clairvoyant as well,” Rin answered, “It was one of the reasons she was looking for you, she didn’t want you to get killed.”

He hadn’t known Forest long, but he was already starting to get protective of her. Rin was cautious and distrusting by nature; one had to earn her trust as he apparently had. However, Forest was so damned nice that it was going to get her hurt one day. Rin and Forest were cut from the same cloth, but Rin was smart enough to guard herself while Forest’s generosity could easily be abused. Besides, Rin loved her mother very much and anything that could hurt Rin in any way wasn’t going to happen with him around.

Quinn sighed and pulled off his hood. He ran his fingers through his hair and said, “My mother dropped me off in front of a Catholic monastery when I was born with a letter saying what I was. I was in turn shipped to an orphanage because a bunch of vampire hunting monks wouldn’t know how to raise a half breed baby. When I was about five there was a hunter nun who was going to take me away so I could be trained right. Cept she died the night she promised to get me.”

Rin whispered, “I’m sorry, what happened?”

“Vampires of course. Ripped her fucking throat out. So I was forgotten, shoved to another orphanage until they remembered what I was and how to exploit it like their loyal mutt,” Quinn hissed as the repressed memories came back. He was gripping the chair hard enough his nails were biting furrows into it as he continued, “And at that orphanage . . . my powers were kicking in. Not the dhampire blood lust, that didn’t hit until puberty, but my clairvoyance.”

Rin frowned and asked, “So, what did you see, Quinn?”

“You know there’s always stories about pedophile priests, well, they exist,” Quinn muttered as he looked away.

She was up on her feet and staring at him. Her eyes widened as she quietly asked, “Did you . . . ? Did he . . . I mean . . . I shouldn’t even be asking this, Quinn.”

He shook his head and answered, “No Rin, its okay. No, I didn’t get bothered, but I saw what happened and what he did. I even got flashes of who he’d go after next.”

“Half breed freak, why should we listen to you? It’s probably you doing those things and not the Father,” the boy replied as he shoved Quinn away into one of his friends. Quinn was smaller and more delicate than those boys. He was faster, but sometimes he couldn’t always get away.

Rin was staring at him in horror, her hands resting on his arm. He actually relished the contact as he looked up at her in wonder. He continued, “Sometimes there were priest who’d come looking for me, hearing rumors of what I was. So, Father Touch Too Much would get pissed and fucking terrified I’d share his little secret.” His hands gripped the seat even more.

“So he’d shove me into a closet and lock me in.”

He guessed he hadn’t realized the look on his face, or how much he was fidgeting. All he knew that he looked away and was then enveloped in her scent. Rin was hugging him. It was so foreign that he nearly freaked out. Instead, he found himself returning her hug.

“Where is this man now, Quinn?” Rin asked him softly when she finally broke the hug.

“I dunno… I guess he’s still at that fucking orphanage,” Quinn said to her. He cocked his head and asked, “Why?”

She smiled earnestly at him and said, “Because one day we’ll have to make sure he gets what’s coming to him.”

He couldn’t understand. Why was she like this? What had he done for her, really? Was there really a person that was just good-natured like this without some sort of ulterior motive? Sure, she had her own bit of selfishness, but even that was nestled in the need for love. More and more Quinn realized just how hopelessly in love with this girl he was.

Also, to his embarrassment, he realized just how much he desired her in more carnal ways. He was already having to sit a bit weird to try and hide the bulge in his pants, especially after that hug. It was shameful, because the girl had hugged him to make him feel better, and he drew sexual desire from it. Sometimes he cursed his libido.

Blog Entries
    “That’s… impossible, mother,” Rin said, taking a step back. “I think I would know if I were in love with anyone, especially him!”

Her mother gave her a teasing smile and replied, “Oh, no you wouldn’t, and you don’t. Love isn’t something that bright little mind of yours can rationalize, so you’re just as in the dark as the rest of us for once, poppet.”

“But… if I am as you say… then why would I be getting ANGRY instead of feeling happiness at being around him,” Rin asked.

“Well,” her mother said, walking up to her, “that’s because like you say, you don’t understand the feelings you’re experiencing. So you’re getting frustrated and that’s turning to anger. And he’s the origin of all these feelings, so you’re directing this anger towards him, baby.”

Her arms were now cradling Rin, and to this day, nothing calmed her more. Despite the lack of warmth from her mother’s body, just the presence of the woman made her feel safe and more secure. It was reasons like this she would fight tooth and nail to defend her right to call this person ‘mother.’

She slumped into her mother’s grasp. “Dammit… what am I going to do now, mother?” she asked.

The chuckle from the woman gently shook her and Forest replied, “Well, I think that’s something the two of you should talk out, my little Rin. And don’t be afraid to give the guy a chance. You don’t find love that pure… well, really ever, poppet.”

Rin sighed and looked up at her. “I’m not going to just jump into anything, mother. He’ll have to prove himself to me if he truly does want this,” she said.

Another laugh. “I expected no less.”

Quinn found her sitting on her bed again. She was staring at him as if she were studying some foreign animal as she clutched onto the fading orange stuffed cat. He really had no idea why she had called him in here, but he was starting to get nervous. There was no way she could read his mind, right? So she couldn’t know about him thinking of her as he…

“Quinn… we need to talk,” she said, interrupting his train of thought.

“Ah, Okay, Rin,” he said as he drug out the chair and sat in it. He leaned forward against its back as he awaited what she had to say.

Rin sighed and leaned back against the wall. It actually took her a while before she spoke and it was agonizing to Quinn. Finally, she said, “Quinn… it seems… that you are in love with me, is that correct?”

His blood ran ice cold, but he figured he wouldn’t get a better chance than this. He looked her in the eye and replied, “Yes.”

Rin visibly swallowed and blushed. It was incredibly cute looking to see her squirm like this, and it gave him hope that she didn’t balk at all by his answer.

Again, she took her time, but she then replied, “Alright… I accept that… and it seems that I have some feelings for you as well…”

The fact that it look like she was pulling teeth to say those words only mildly dulled his elation. He shot out of the chair and asked her, “Really?”

His action startled the girl, but after she regained her composure she nodded. “Yes, really,” she said. “And… I don’t mean to be hurtful, but I don’t know what to do about this…”

Quinn nodded and began to pace in the room, thinking up things. He had gone over this moment thousands of times in his head, but now that it was happening, his mind was blank. He finally collected himself enough to ask her, “Well, would you like to go to a movie or something… you know… a …date?”

Again, a long pause. He understood that the girl was confused, but didn’t she know how agonizing this was for him? Finally, she replied to him, “I’ll accept under one condition, Quinn.”

Quinn nodded and asked, “What’s that, Rin?”

Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as she replied, “You have to earn the money you use to take me out. You are not to get a cent from mother or do any side work for her, you must get a real job. If you want me to be your girlfriend, I need to know you have the responsibility for such a thing.”

Computers and electronics in general had never been allies of Rin Forest. They just seemed to not get along with her and she didn’t particularly care for them much, either. It had taken her a lot of patience and practicing through her breaks, but Rin had finally mastered the register and gained her own lane at the supermarket.

It was an accomplishment not only in the fact she had to overcome the computer, but giving an underage worker their own lane was something that had never been done here. She had proved herself through her diligence and had also gotten a raise in the process. It was exhilarating to push herself to succeed like this and was also pushing her goals a bit closer.

With the raise, the time she needed to save to buy her own car or bike was cut down by several months. This way, she would only be relying on mother’s vehicles for maybe half a year before she had her own. Again, her mother wouldn’t have minded just giving her a car. Hell, she would have been happy to, but it was important to Rin that she prove to her mother just how well she had raised her. That she was completely capable of responsibility.

Speaking of responsibility, she had to admit that Quinn had shown his own. He was now employed here at the same supermarket as her as a stock boy. Rin knew it was all because he wanted to take her out for that date… but that made it even sweeter to her. She was used to being loved… but this was different. When he did things for her like this, it made her stomach feel weird. Not bad weird, it was a good feeling, but just odd.

Quinn’s first paycheck was coming up, she knew, and wasn’t surprised when he approached her while they were both on break. It was only them in the break room, so it was a good chance for him to ask her. She smiled to him and teased, “Yes, Mr. Frost, how can I help you?”

They had hidden the fact that they lived together, as both the school and other agencies would have probably began to stick their nose in a bit too far if they knew the truth. As such, Rin and Quinn pretended that they really didn’t know each other very well while at work or school. Quinn was listed as living with Uncle Gabriel in official documentation.

Quinn chuckled and asked, “You’re going to make this fucking hard as possible, aren’t you?”

“Of course,” Rin said as she brushed a hand through her hair. “I have to know that you are serious!”

He nodded and said, “Fine. Rin, would you like to go out on a date with me this Friday?”

She smiled and replied with a simple, “Yes.”

“So, where does Rin like to eat?”

Quinn grit his teeth as Forest easily blocked his left hook and deflected it to the side only to lightly kick him in the solar plexus. It was more of a light tap than anything, owning more to Forest’s grace, control and technique more than anything she could do. Still, that light tap was jarring enough because Quinn would never know when she’d give him a harder hit.

Forest blew back her bangs from her face and answered, “None of the refried palaces that you’re so fond of, Quinn.”

“What the fuck’s that suppose to mean?” Quinn asked as he dodged one of her punches to head butt her. They both staggered back and Quinn’s vision swarmed only to have a snap kick delivered directly to his chin.

His head was knocked back as she answered, “I saw your MacDonald’s bags, kiddo. As well as your Burger King and Arby’s. I raised Rin better than to crave such things.”

For a vampire, Forest was a stickler to health food. In his first week here, Quinn had to hide his chips from his mentor and Rin without getting lectured. Quinn knew his body could survive on pretty much garbage and had without much problem. Even though he had to admit that his body had been gaining more mass since he’d moved in with the two women and he’d been eating frequently and better things. Not to mention Rin’s cooking was godly to say the least, her Chinese food was better than anything he could get at a restaurant.

Quinn asked, “Well, what the fuck does she like then?”

“Well, something you can both eat together is pizza,” Forest said impishly as she grabbed his arm and flipped him on his back. Quinn stared up at her as she chuckled at him. She continued, “There’s this great little place on 10th street, Quinn that has the best pizza ever. Hell, even I’ll eat it from time to time.”

“And desert?” Quinn asked as he hopped easily back up to his feet.

Forest smiled and answered, “My baby loves strawberries.”

He nodded as he threw a snap kick to her face. He smirked as the blow connected and Forest’s head was knocked back before he took a stance. However she recovered quickly and he couldn’t keep track of her foot moving to his knee then her fist to his face. His knee gave out and he found himself on the mat again.

Indigo eyes were sparkling as she said, “Well good, and don’t get too frisky with her or I’ll kick your ass.”

Quinn’s cheeks flushed at her words as he stood up again to receive the next round of punishment.

Friday night, Quinn walked up to Rin’s door and lightly knocked on it. He fidgeted in the white button up shirt he was wearing on top of his jeans and resisted the urge to roll the sleeves up. This was a date, he was going to take Rin some place nice and damn it he was going to impress her no matter how fucking uncomfortable the shirt was. He fidgeted with his cross before he decided it was in a good place as Rin opened the door.

Her hair was loose and flowing down her back, the raven waves framing her pale face and bringing out her intense aquamarine eyes. She was wearing a boat neck red matte satin blouse that made her hair and eyes stand out even more with her black pleated mini skirt and knee high boots. A simple garnet pendent lay in the hollow of her throat and she wore matching earrings. She’d put on some light eye shadow and pale, pink gloss on her lips. He stared at her for a moment before clearing his throat, suddenly glad he’d made the attempt to wear something different than just a damned T-shirt.

“So, um, you ready to go?” Quinn asked as he gestured out like he’d seen Gabriel do a few times for Forest. He knew it was a courtly gesture, and even though Gabriel did it to tease mostly, Quinn was being serious in his intention.

Rin smiled and stepped in front of him. She said, “Of course.”

Quinn was fidgeting on the subway. Taking a cab would be too expensive and Rin didn’t like wasting money. The bus was kinda unreliable and didn’t run as long as the subway did. So for public transit Quinn had opted for the subway.

He just didn’t expect it to be so crowded, smell bad and be underground all at the same time. More and more people got on the bus and Quinn had to move closer to Rin. She smiled as she watched the people get on the subway car, her eyes lingering on a few attractive women more than anything. He raised his eyebrows at his discovery, but he honestly wasn’t surprised. Rin liked pretty things and gender probably didn’t matter much to her.

Quinn found he could concentrate on Rin and the pressing fear was elevated some.

Until the people were so tight in the compartment that Quinn started to breath hard. He could feel the sides caving in on him. He was trapped, trapped in here . . . His eyes darted around for an exit to get Rin and himself out of here before they were locked in here forever.

Even over everything happening in the subway car, Rin could hear Quinn’s breathing. She snapped her head around and demanded, “What is wrong with…” Her eye’s widened as she saw genuine terror in his. His head jutted about as he was on the verge of complete panic. Rin herself surveyed the area to see if there was any danger about.

And then it hit her. So he’d shove me into a closet and lock me in. Something like that would scar anyone. The train was underground now and the windows showed nothing but black with an occasional florescent light streaking by. The crowd had gotten large enough that they were packed in. It was easy to see how anybody could feel trapped.

He began to visibly shake and Rin grabbed his hands. She stood in front of him and then guided him back against the wall and into a corner. Standing in front of him, she made herself the only thing surrounding him and leaned towards him. Rin locked eyes with the boy and said softly, “It’s Okay, Quinn. I’m here and there’s nothing to worry about. It’s just us here.”

She could see his desperation and remained locked on his eyes. Her forehead was less than an inch from his as she saw him gradually start to calm down. His breathing slowed and eventually his pupils re-dilated back to normal. All that was left now was a good amount of embarrassment she could plainly read on his face.

Rin smiled warmly and said, “There’s nothing to be ashamed about, Quinn. After all, you braved all of this just to be with me, so I’m actually a bit flattered.”

Quinn tilted his head at her and automatically reached for his cross. “Really?” he asked. “I honestly didn’t fucking know it was going to be this crowded or anything, Rin…”

“Well, in the future, you might want to tell the people you’re going out with that you have claustrophobia,” She said with a teasing grin.

She saw him shuffle some and he then replied very softly, “You’re the only person I want to go out with, Rin…”

Her cheeks burned at the comment and she had to move her head back from him some. “I… see…” she stammered and was thankful to hear the barely comprehensible voice of the driver that their stop was approaching.

Despite his earlier episode, Quinn was determined to make this date wonderful for the girl he loved. He led her to the pizza place that Fore had mentioned and braved the crowd to get them a booth. At least with the booth he had enough around room around him to keep his nerves at bay. At least with the claustrophobia.

However, nothing could protect him from the sight of Rin across the table from him. The low level lighting of the restaurant gently colored her skin to bring out the flawlessness of her. The supple lines of her neck were basked in light shadows leading to the slight protrusions of her collarbones. Quinn had to force himself to look at the menu just to keep himself under control.

“So what do you like on your pizza, Rin?” he asked her, trying to sound as casual as possible.

“Mostly vegetables like peppers and mushrooms,” Rin replied as she looked at the menu as well. “But I also like some sort of meat on there, like pepperoni or even ham.”
    “Well, then, how about we get one with pepperoni, green peppers, and mushrooms? I can definitely eat that,” Quinn said.

Rin smiled and put away the menu, “That sounds perfect, Quinn.”

When the waitress came, Quinn ordered for them and then found himself again trying to avoid just staring at the girl. To his surprise, though, he found her staring at him several times as well. She HAD said that she had feelings for him, after all, but it was still shocking. Despite all that, they desperately needed something to talk about before the awkwardness murdered them both.

“So you never have told me what movie you’re taking me to,” Rin said, finally breaking the silence. She shifted uneasily in her seat a bit.

“Ah, well, I thought we could go see ‘Spiderman’ if that’s alright with you…” Quinn replied. He really hadn’t known what to pick and had thought that the superhero movie might appeal to a girl that was actively training to be one.

Rin cocked an eyebrow at him and his heart sank. Had he screwed up? He knew that it wasn’t a ‘chick flick,’ but those sorts of movies didn’t really fit with his image of Rin. Was he wrong??

Instead, she asked, “Do you think he can pull it off?” She took a sip of her drink and then added, “Toby McGuire I mean. He’s a relative newcomer to the big screen and that’s one Hell of a role to land. With Raimi directing it, I’m not worried about how it will look and feel, but if the kid sucks as Spidey, it’ll ruin everything.”

Quinn was dumbfounded for a moment. Of course, it made sense, but it was still shocking to see a beautiful girl like her talking like a complete geek. He had seen Fore’s collection of pop culture memorabilia, but none of that had been in Rin’s room. He guessed she had a general interest, just not an obsessive one.

“Honestly, I’m not sure. He fucking looks the part, though.” Quinn replied.

“Yeah, I’ll give you that. He looks dorky enough, but is strangely quite muscular,” Rin said. She then giggled a bit, a beautiful sight. “You know, mother is going to be pissed we’re seeing this without her.”

Quinn grabbed at his pendant and sheepishly replied, “We can see something else if you want, Rin…”

Her hand reached out and snatched his, pulling it away from his cross. “Dammit Quinn… Have some balls… You’re not going to impress the girl if you tip toe around like a dog with its tail between its legs,” Rin scolded him, her eyes narrowed a bit.

He looked at her and then replied, “That’s not so easy, Rin… I’m fucking terrified right now. I really am… I’m so desperate for everything to go right I’m making myself sick.” Why he had just told her all of that, he wasn’t sure. For some reason, the girl just made him say things out front when he was around her.

“And what about me, Quinn? I’m scared, too!” Rin said back to him. “Honestly, I really want this to go right as well… but I don’t want to go out with the front… I want to go out with the real Quinn…”

“The real Quinn just wants you happy, Rin… and puts his own desires below yours. And that’s the honest truth,” Quinn replied to her.

Rin sighed, “That’s sweet and all, but you know I don’t take well to being pandered to. I don’t want a robot or a yes-man. I want a real person that I can interact and debate with. With your intelligence, the potential is tremendous… but you have to make the effort, Quinn. I don’t want you to change, I just want you to be honest with yourself and not to discount your own needs.”

Quinn thought about her words for a bit, all too aware of her stare burning into him. “Alright then, Rin. We’re fucking going to see ‘Spiderman!’”

Rin smiled as their pizza was delivered and she responded with a simple, “Good.”

Rin didn’t tell him that she had been to that restaurant many times with her mother, but it was still good nonetheless. Maybe even a bit better… She found herself swimming in confliction again, but little by little she was accepting that she had strong feelings for this stupid boy. It was aggravating as much as it was wondrous but she didn’t let it show. Deep down she desperately wanted this to work.

The girl that didn’t want to need anybody was finding she needed him…

However, she wasn’t going to let him just sweep her away. He was going to have to prove himself to her. She wanted no part of some casual relationship, it wouldn’t be worth her time. Mother never delved into anything like that, and neither of them would allow themselves to slack off that much, anyway. So, Quinn was going to have to prove he was serious about her.

So far, he had done just that. She wasn’t blind to how much stress he was going through to make this as perfect as he could for her. It was obvious to her that he was restraining himself from trying to take advantage of situations to try and touch her excessively. It made her giddy the amount of care he was putting into their date.

He handed her ticket to her for the movie and they made their way into the theater. She stuck close to him, as the crowds to see the superhero movie was fairly substantial. He was tensing up, but he was forcing himself to trudge ahead and get into the theater.

Once inside, they found seats towards the middle of the room and sat to wait for the movie to begin. Rin looked over to see him playing with his silver cross, a gesture that Rin was becoming quite familiar with. It was a tell that Quinn was nervous or bored, the faster he moved his cross the more nervous he was, if he moved it slowly he was generally bored and needed something to do. Right now the bail was sliding across the chain at a rather fast rate as the theater started to darken.

Rin knew the basic story of Spider-Man because of her mother. It was no secret that Forest was a lover of all things pop culture from comics to cult TV shows that Rin had tried to watch but couldn’t really get through. So Rin was all aware of how Peter Parker’s life was and she was surprised to find out that Tobey Maquire with his big, baby blue eyes really brought Spider-Man to life. She looked over to see Quinn enthralled as well, perhaps even more so than she was.

Eventually the movie ended with Spider-Man saving the day but not getting the girl, as per usual Peter Parker’s luck. The lights went up and Quinn turned to Rin. He said, “Well, first off Maquire was fucking Peter Parker, Mary-Jane sucked and the Green Goblin looked retarded.”

Rin had to chuckle at his frank honesty and asked, “What didn’t you like about Mary-Jane?”

“Well, the actress is a bitch. MJ’s suppose to be feisty and fun, sure she’s got some issues, but she’s playful. That wasn’t Mary-Jane,” Quinn said with a frown, “The MJ from the comics would have tried to fight the goons back, not scream and run like a fucking damsel in distress.”

Rin tilted her head and asked, “That bothers you?”

“What bothers me is that she could have fought back and no, I don’t mean against the Green Goblin, but by those thugs. She wanted to get fucking saved by Spider-Man,” Quinn sighed with a shake of his head.

She chuckled and asked, “So you don’t like damsels in distress?”

“I just fucking hate people who don’t try to help themselves. People who just expect to be rescued,” Quinn said with a tiny shake of his head, “I mean, you helped me because there wasn’t anything I could fucking do when I was a kid. I was outnumbered and I really didn’t wanna get locked in the closet for self-defense,” Quinn snorted, baring a fang in his ire.

Rin frowned and asked, “That priest would have done that to you just for defending yourself?”

“Of course, because I was a fucking half breed abomination,” Quinn sighed as he shook his head.

She reached for his hand and said, “Quinn, you are not an abomination.”

“Really?” he asked, his dark blue eyes searching her face with a hopefulness that made her chest tighten.

She met his eyes firmly and nodded. She answered, “Really.”

He grinned, his pale cheeks flushing ever so slightly as he said, “Thanks Rin.”

As they were walking out of the movie theater, Quinn chuckled. Rin looked up at him and asked, “What’s funny?”

“You know, this is like the first time I’ve ever paid to go into a movie theater,” he confessed with another giggle.

The wide eyed look of shock that Rin was currently giving him with those gorgeous eyes was priceless. He smiled as he explained, “I use to sneak out all the fucking time and well, I don’t take sunlight that well.”

“Yes, I’ve seen you fall asleep in class a few times, Mr. Frost,” Rin teased with a chuckle.

Quinn grinned and replied, “Well, I’d sneak into the movie theater during the Summer and catch a flick. There was this awesome theater that showed a lot of second run movies by this guy and his wife. They didn’t care that I snuck in and she use to give me popcorn and snacks because I was too fucking skinny.”

“Wait? You know Dana and Greg?” Rin asked wide eyed.

He blinked and nodded. He said, “Pretty redhead and tall guy with green eyes? Yeah, I use to go there all the time until I finally ran away.”

“When did you run away, Quinn?” Rin asked him in that amazingly adorable accent of hers. It wasn’t British and it wasn’t Asian either, it was somewhere in between and Quinn found it irresistible.

He ran his hand through his hair and answered, “A little over a year ago, Rin.”

“And . . . where did you live?” she asked quietly as they continued to walk. Neither were in a big hurry to get to the subway station and Quinn enjoyed walking with Rin. He liked the way she moved, with a proud, unconscious grace in how she held herself.

He shrugged and said, “An abandoned building that I rigged up with cold water and some electricity.”

“How did you eat?” Rin asked quietly.

He grinned at her and replied, “You’d be surprised all the good shit a lot of restaurants throw away at the end of a night.”

Aquamarine eyes looked at him in horror and he chuckled. “It wasn’t as bad as it sounds, Rin. Besides, a lot of the prostitutes helped me out,” Quinn told her with a shrug.

Rin asked, “Really?”

“Yeah, I mean, okay, I got the fucking shit beat out of me by the few vamps I tangled, but against an untrained human I’m pretty fucking bad assed, which most of these pimp assholes are. Well, a lot of the girls liked me because well, I like girls,” he said with a wink at Rin, causing her to roll her eyes heavenward. He gently touched her arm and turned so he was in front of her and facing her.

He said, “I mean, I like girls more than guys and I’m not fucking saying this right. I mean the people who’ve been the nicest to me are girls and the two most bad assed people I’ve met are girls. And I don’t like it when girls get hurt when they try to avoid it.”

“So, the prostitutes would tell you about their pimps and you’d send them a message,” Rin said with a tiny smile and shake of her head.

He nodded as he put his hands into his pockets. He noticed that Rin was huddling close in her jacket. He looked around and said, “You wanna head home? You look like you’re freezing.”

“You think cold will stop me on my first date, Quinn? Well, you’re wrong,” Rin said with a tiny snort.

Quinn grinned and said, “Well, come on. Maybe there’ll be some fucker playing his guitar on the subway.”

Considering who her mother was, it wasn’t a hard stretch that Rin Forest adored music. She didn’t have the talent that her mother did, in fact if Rin was pressed she’d admit that music and dance was where her mother shined more than anything. She didn’t know how many times that smoky voice lulled her to sleep with a gentle folk song or some ballad, but Forest’s singing was one of Rin’s cherished memories. Her biological donors had never done anything like that for her, but yet Forest seemed to thrive on it.

So it was nice walking beside Quinn and listening to the various street performers lining the subway station. Quinn stopped in front of a guitarist wearing a beat up black T-shirt and leather jacket holding an acoustic guitar. Rin vaguely recognized the song that was being played, but Quinn was stopping and listening in earnest.

Half way through the song he began to sing softly along with it. Rin jolted and stared at him as he continued to sing in his soft, haunting voice. It was gorgeous to listen to and she stared at him as he sang. The guitar player grinned and went right into another old rock song, classic rock as Forest liked to say (“You know, back before people started whining about Daddy not giving them cell phones.”) and Quinn went right into it. Rin smiled as the song finished and clapped her hands.

“I had no idea you could sing,” she said happily as they were in motion again. To her delight he was blushing, the faint flush like cotton candy on his luminescent skin. He shrugged sheepishly as he started idly moving the cross’s bail against the chain.

Quinn looked down and answered, “I’m not that fucking good.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, your voice is amazing,” Rin said with a grin, “And I just might ask you to sing for me again.” She smiled as she turned on her heel and skipped a little ahead of him.

He jogged up to catch up with her and asked, “Really?”

She giggled and answered, “Really.” She shook her head and said, “This under confidence doesn’t suit you Quinn. We’re going to have to do something about that.”

He ducked his head and Rin sighed. Then he spun around to playfully nudge her. His blue eyes were sparkling as he said, “Catch me.” Then he took off in a dead run in the subway station.

Her cheeks flushed as his laughter reached behind her. Then she chuckled herself as she reinforced her legs and took off after him.

Aw hell yeah! Double updates!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Squeeee~
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    >:3
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Blog Entries
    Quinn and Rin are like . . . insanely adorable.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    At least until Quinn opens his mouth . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    At least until Quinn opens his mouth . . .
    couldnt agree more.
    I dont care his cussing but his manners in talking.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    *nods* It is definitely something one would have to get used to. I know if I was a friend of his, we'd come to blows more than once.

"Fate/stay night: not really an eroge, and not really a cooking sim, but actually an RPG wherein everyone’s primary stat is “self-loathing” and the goal is to level it up beyond all the other characters."