Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91417181920212429 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Extra CCC Translations [SPOILERS]

Blog Entries
    My idea was to do Andersen's profile next, but then I discovered this and felt it deserved priority.

I now give you all... the very last entry of EXTRA Material.

Twice H. Pieceman <circunstances>

A ghost that already turned into a phenomenon.
    The fragment of a messiah that hates, endorses conflict.

"This future is mistaken… someone has to start it over."

The ghost drew such a conclusion about the thesis of EXTRA as a whole - "confrontation against stagnation".
    This is a fight against stagnation, the evil nature of humans.
    Will you advance while shedding blood?
    Will you advance while taking someone's hand?
    After despair, will you reject (travel all over) this?
    After despair, will you affirm (settle) this?
    The ghost inquires about such right and wrong.
    As a responsible party born in the past, reflected in the present.

"The world has entered in a impasse.
    This future has already approached a dead end. Humanity is unsightly ending halfway without bearing fruit.
    "

Humanity has already ended.
    This "stagnation" itself is proof.
    Rin thought that this came from the rule of Western Europe Plutocrats.
    That Leo and the others were suppressing the progress of technology, the undulation of emotions to their own convenience.
    Leo too had such self-awareness. That the Plutocrats are controlling the world in this manner.
    Howerver… Leo never told Rin until the end.
    The Western Europe Plutocrats has made arrangements so that society would stagnate, but other than that no definite choice has been produced so far.

"The halt of the world occurred because you people desired so."

Nobody wishes, has any interest in the future and the likes.
    Rather than going forward, it is much more comfortable to stand still.

To begin with… humans are enough happy as it is.
    More progress than this, for sure that is something unnecessary - the consciousness of people say so.

"How absurd. Then there is no meaning to this. If it was just about wishing for happiness, it would have been better to remain as animals from the beginning. You people - we all - have shed much blood while seeking for something greater than happiness."

The ghost resents that weakness.
    Why are people so weak, when they are that much strong?
    Such ending, is it really worth 2,000 years?

"Humans that have forgotten conflict will just disappear. Struggle for existence is indeed the basis of life. The means to survive, in the true sense of the word."

Yes. Conflict is indeed the path of progress.
    Kill. Open a path (Spread). Steal. Flourish.
    If you kill this planet, then leave this planet behind and reach the cosmos (sky).
    That is the bare minimum responsibility of humans.

"And, you yourself are its crystallization.
    Contemplate that growth. Conflict nurtured you. Predicament changed that flesh and blood into steel. It let you surpass even first-rate hackers. Yet… you, who knows its preciousness, will reject this strife (wish)?
    "

Mooncell Nucleus
    Before the eye of the moon, two ghosts confront each other.
    They are both humans from the past.
    Two of the few people that can express objective impressions about this future.
    The king of conflict rejects this future.
    However, you do not hold such point of view.

"Even without finding any value in this era.
    Even if this future is all somebody else's problem.
    Even if the time ahead that we dreamed about is a foolish dead end. I cannot reject the life of the people that live here.
    "
    "You approve this future?"
    "No, I'm just like you. I cannot approve it.
    …however, I still cannot bring myself to hate it either.
    "

The observation mechanism that became the stage for the Holy Grail War.
    The reason why its virtual world has the image of a sea.
    If the basis of life is conflict, then the basis of the eye of the moon is to watch over.
    That way of being was unconsciously understood by the Masters who arrived at the moon.
    But only he, who managed to reach the Nucleus faster than anyone else, did not understand the strength of that way of being.

"…even so. Stagnation (this place) is our reality."

Tragedies that occurred cannot be changed.
    The responsibility for stealing must be fulfilled.
    While accepting the premonition of defeat, the fragment of a messiah takes up his sword without yielding his pet theory.

"Thinking back, mankind has already expired its adolescence.
    Until the 1900, it was the growing period.
    But, after experiencing the adolescence--- the immature era meant to follow it, the golden age that was finally supposed appear was practically non-existent.
    Like a decomposed fruit.
    The most rich and prosperous period was entirely missing.
    That, was too much sinful.
    If we don't leave behind an outcome enough to recompense the lost things, the fostered costs, everything will turn into lies.
    This future is mistaken. Mankind has to start things over again. Small disputes are no good. Without a struggle for existence that turns all into related parties, our eyes, our consciousness will not grow.
    "

Humans are more amazing than that.
    Life, mankind must go to a place that even the humans of the past cannot imagine.
    Such ideology of the innate goodness of man has pushed up this ghost to the level of a messiah.
    Although his views are elitism-like, they are also correct.
    Indeed, the humans of this era are worn out.
    They are losing interest. They are giving up. They have long forgotten, what is to dream about the future.
    But---

"To choose that is responsibility of the people who live in that era.
    Twice H. Pieceman.
    The era which you were supposed to protect, has passed away long ago.
    "

The curtains of the battle rise together with the words of parting.
    The final battle that overcame the seven seas.
    Those who knows its ending, are only the Mooncell and the player.

.... I simply have no words to describe it. T.T!!!!
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; September 10th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    it's Shirou rejecting the Grail in Fate all over again

but better executed because unlike in Fate, it coincides with the storyline climax

great job MoC

Is there anything relevant in the other Twice H. Pieceman entry, the one that's in the proper syllabic order?
    Last edited by aldeayeah; September 11th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It goes into his past in a bit more depth, I don't have it on hand at the moment though.

Blog Entries
    "Even without finding any value in this era.
    Even if this future is all somebody else's problem.
    Even if the time ahead that we dreamed about is a foolish dead end, I cannot reject the life of the people that live here.
    "
    "To choose is the responsibility of the people who live in that era.
    Twice H. Pieceman,
    The era which you were supposed to protect passed away long ago.
    "

Extra protagonist manages to be cool in other people's entries.
    Last edited by Siriel; September 11th, 2013 at 11:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    it's Shirou rejecting the Grail in Fate all over again

but better executed because unlike in Fate, it coincides with the storyline climax

great job MoC

Is there anything relevant in the other Twice H. Pieceman entry, the one that's in the proper syllabic order?

Nothing that we didn't already know.

Alive between 1970~1999. War orphan who was taken in by a wizard that recognized his talents. As an adult, he became a scientist specialized in cybernetics and had the habit of working as a volunteer in relief activities promoted in war-ravaged regions. Also, he developed the treatment for Amnesia Syndrome. In a sense, the most surprising details were how he is (supposedly) a half between American and Vietnamese and that "Pieceman" is not his true family name.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; September 11th, 2013 at 12:04 PM.

quote for higher truth
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hakuno/Xavier is the best, good to know.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Finally, here is Andersen's profile.

STR: **** E
    END: **** E
    AGI: **** E
    MGI: **** EX
    LCK: **** E

NOBLE PHANTASM

Marchen Meineslebens - A Story for Your Sake

The raw manuscript of the autobiography that Andersen wrote, "The Fairytale of My Life".
    "The Fairytale of My Life" - expressed as "the supreme remarks in regards to all my works" by Andersen, who once mentioned that "most of the things that I wrote are projections of myself" - is a compilation of his turned into records of his way of life.

An offshoot of the writer known as Andersen, so to say---
    Though, for a writer, all works are offshoots of the said person--- this is the written draft that became its core.

By means of the magical power provided by the people that love the writer called Andersen, each and every page of this book take the shape of "the Andersen the readers want to see", being capable of taking action by becoming his avatars.

However, the true value of this Noble Phantasm is not such a thing.
    Just like how a writer produces a story, by wiping this book clean and rewriting from the beginning, it becomes possible to raise "a single human" into "a single leading actor".

Its effectiveness… the extent of the growth increases the more the manuscript progresses.
    Merely a few pages can only make a few coincidences happen, but in the event of all pages - the completion of the manuscript - it can make the individual that became its target grow until the "supreme figure" that he pictured.

At a glance it might seem as an almighty Noble Phantasm, but - because of Andersen's own melancholic philosophies of life (such as "man ultimately cannot attain happiness but by death") deep rooted in his heart, clear vision (namely "things never go so smoothly") and even the pride as a writer he holds that cannot pardon convenient developments - it is not so easy to reach the "ideal figure".

Naturally, the execution of the "story" changes according to Andersen's motivation.
    In other words, it is impossible to reach "the ultimate figure for that human" unless it is a target that stimulates his passions to a large extent.

KEYWORD

Three Great Writers

One of the Three Great Fairytale-Writers - Grimm, Aesop, Andersen - whose fame have spread around the world, and the only creative writer among them.

In contrast with the others, who were editors and collectors that compiled legends folklores, only he created news stories - an "author" in the true sense of the world.

His masterpieces include "The Little Match Girl", "The Little Mermaid", "The Emperor's New Clothes", "The Snow Queen", "The Ugly Duckling" and others.

Also, it has been said that the "girl" in "The Little Match Girl" was modeled after his mother, who continuously worked non-stop so that Andersen could go to an university and left this world while still poor, without knowing any enjoyment.

Human Observation
    Andersen's Personal Skill. Rank is A.

A technique to observe and understand people.
    Not only observing, but the capacity to conjecture about the daily activities, likings and even the lives of people whose name are unknown and also the memory to not forget about these are considered important.

Andersen is known for a pessimist, what lies in its basis is not rejection, but understanding.
    The only thing he can do is to compose stories, but - for this very reason - he vowed to remain more sincere than anyone else in regard to reciting.

Criticized the way of being of BB's and the Alteregos' love as "unsightly", "bad taste" and "self-important", but what lied behind that was a deep understanding, identification and reprimand.
    It goes without saying that the numerous vilifications that he spilled were not something to complete reject them, but warning-included exhortations.

…well, but that he is misogynist is also an undeniable truth.

SKILL

High-Speed Aria: E

A technique to hasten magic aria.
    In his case, it seems that he has somewhat of a blessing towards the progress of manuscripts, not Magecraft.

In his own words: "My penmanship speed is slow. Since I fundamentally have no motivation to begin with, there is no way I could write professionally."

Innocent Monster: D
    Indicates the depths in which the truth was twisted due to rumors, disregarding the intentions and appearance of the concerned person.

In Andersen's case, this is a "curse from the readers".
    With his fairytales becoming too much famous, Andersen's own personality ended up being painted out by the image of a fairytales-writer.

Upon materializing as Servant, Andersen's limbs are corroded by the image of the fairytales that represent him.
    Although covered by his Western clothes, the skin underneath is being invaded by scales of a mermaid, burn of matches and frostbites.

Item Construction: C
    The ability to fabricate various tools by means of Magecraft.
    Although he never learned Magecraft, it seems that some degree of construction is possible by means of poetry in which the Noble Phantasm is applied.

Seems that the item he is good at is "a love-letter that transmits your feelings 100%", but considering the history Andersen's own love-life, you cannot expect much out of it.

Also, he had a strange habit while alive: fearing that "while asleep, won't I be mistaken as dead and buried?", he always wrote a letter saying "I'm not dead" and placed it on his body out of excessive anxiety.

BACKGROUND

A real person. Born in 1805, died in 1875 from liver cancer.
    Now one of the Three Great Writers, half of that lifetime is filled with frustration and anguish.

Born as the son of a shoemaker, his aspirations of becoming an actor didn't bear any fruit and he gave up.
    Afterwards he aimed towards becoming a poet, but received severe evaluations.
    The book that he narrowly manage to self-publish sold to some extent and he departed on a travel to foreign countries with its expenses.
    Thanks to the masterpiece "The Improvisatore", which was based on the inspiration acquired in this travel, he finally became appreciated by the world.
    This was when he was 30 years-old.

Afterwards, he converted to fairytale writer, but that way of being was clearly like inflicting an injury on himself - for he became a fairytale writer believing that a more free literary work would be recognized.

As if symbolizing this, his fairytales were filled with aspects of his own fate, and painted a literary style that saw violence, misfortune, poverty and death itself as salvation.

His fairytales borrowed such shape and earnestly continued to depict a despair named grief towards poorness and the only escape from there is death.
    …all while masking the entire feelings that swirled in his own chest with those gorgeous written expressions.

Also, even after becoming famous, he had no females acquaintances and was a bachelor for life.
    According to one theory, it seems that there was someone he had feelings for, but missed the chances to profess his love on countless occasions due a great pride and a complex towards his own appearance.

Died of liver cancer at the age of 70 years-old.
    It has been assumed that he died while grasping a letter from his first love, which he always carried with himself.

Of all things, the Andersen that was summoned in the Mooncell appeared with the figure of a young boy from before he became famous.

His Alignment is Lawful Neutral.
    His personality is introverted, obstinate and passive.
    A dark-natured and pessimistic poet, he pays no mind about being liked by others and - because he cannot find any value even in himself - he lacks the rationale of enjoying life.
    Andersen does not seek anything from the Holy Grail.
    The cause is probably how he never obtained not a single thing he desired while alive.

"Even if life has value.
    Such thing is mostly, much lower than what humans reverie.
    "
    Thus, this sort of speech and conduct that seems to dislike everything in the world come out.

"But well,
    I just dislike it, but it's not like I hate it.
    If there is something worth loving, I guess it would be fine to once again to throw some firewood on the fireplace called frozen affection.
    "
    …really, what a tiresome man.

Background II

"Let's depict your life.
    You yourself are the crystallization of unsightliness that can be described as a woman in itself.
    A story that makes one want to vomit everything out.
    "

Andersen's was always by Kiara's side criticizing her but, having said that, he was not Kishinami Hakuno's ally either.
    That was just the manifestation of his characteristic fairness.

Andersen is methodical just like a writer should be, and in essence someone who took good care of others.
    To begin with, without the rationale of having the readers enjoy themselves, to attend the readers, one is unfit to be a penman.

Andersen ended up hardening as a pessimist, but he does not laugh at the efforts of humans who try to "let's live righteously", "let's achieve a task with all our might".

The reason being that this is the shape of society that he dreamed about, that he wished for it to be.

That he advised the Kishinami Hakuno who was endeavoring for the resolution of the incident - even while saying "What a pointless thing. Leave those women alone." in a astonished manner - and did not uttered a definite repudiation against the Kiara who was aggravating the situation - even while calling her names like "Greedy, impudent and above all a liar! Even a fairytale demon is not as unsightly as you!"- was because both Kishinami Hakuno and Kiara were "most earnest about one's own life".

At last.

"One final sentence (light) to an unrewarded life."
    This is what lied at the basis of this Servant.

Even while being a writer notorious around the world, Andersen never obtained not a single thing he desired.
    A fairytale writer who recited love even though he never obtained love.

For him, "a life that disappears unrewarded even after struggling" is what truly ought to be recited.
    For him, humans that can easily become happy are the same as the background.
    Those can become happy on their own accord.

"I want to bestow a final light to the lives of humans that even God has abandoned."
    That is the core of Andersen's soul.

If you have the composure to stand still at the last path and look over your shoulders---
    You'll probably be able to see a fragment of this Servant's truth.

Next will be Karna's turn

quote for higher truth

Blog Entries
    Nasu writing about writers is amusing.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thanks!

As American as a foreign immigrant EnigmaticFellow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Nasu writing about writers is amusing.
    Isn't that true for pretty much everything else he writes about as well?
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangerang View Post
    Gilgamesh has A Lck.

wut bout that
    His fate as the most powerful Servant is to steamroll every war he takes part in.

Somehow, he manages to defy all odds and deny this fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    If only I could be respected without having to be respectable.

What Fate/Stay Night character are you?
    Kotomine Kirei
    You are Kirei. You've always been a little different from the rest. You probably have low social skills. Whatever, it's not like what they think matters anyway. Ever searching for something missing within you, you probably don't experience the same happiness as everyone else. Good and evil are just labels, you are who you are.

US Friend Code
    No, his genderbendng of King Arthur was most upsetting. :V
    This is how you smalltext
    [ RUBY=small text] Normal text [/RUBY]

Blog Entries
    ^ That is a matter of opinion. Personally I like Saber, but find kind of disappointing how she devolved from a tragic heroine to a mere gag character along the years.

quote for higher truth

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Chaos View Post
    ^ That is a matter of opinion. Personally I like Saber, but find kind of disappointing how she devolved from a tragic heroine to a mere gag character along the years.
    Well, its not like she's a gag character in real stories. Just in silly stuff where everyone is a gag character.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^ That is a matter of opinion. Personally I like Kohaku, but find kind of disappointing how she devolved from a tragic heroine to a mere gag character along the years.
    FTFY
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries

Okay, that settles it. Nasu is definitely the greatest Karna-fanboy around.

(...to think that the guy who, plot-wise, was one of least important characters in the story would have the longest profile. -_-)

STR: ***** B
    END: **** A
    AGI: **** A
    MGI: ***** B
    LCK: **** A+

NOBLE PHANTASM

Vasavi Shakti - O Sun, Abide to Death
    A single attack-only spear of light. A spear of mortality made out of lightning.

When the fight between Karna and Arjuna approached its last stage, in other to help Arjuna, his father - the King of Gods Indra - ended up taking away Karna's greatest arms, the "golden armor", through a stratagem.

However, because Karna's behavior at the time was too much noble, Indra felt adoration towards Karna - the enemy of his own son - and, as compensation for taking the armor, bestowed him with the power of the God of Thunder that even he himself was not able to master.

That was this "thunder spear".
    Said to possess the power to knock down even the gods, but there are no records of Karna having employed this in legends.

KEYWORD

Golden Armor

The golden armor and earring that the hero Karna clad himself in Indian Mythology.
    The armor and earrings which Kunti - Karna's mother - implored to Surya in order to protect her son, upon feeling dread towards becoming an unmarried mother.

A powerful defensive Noble Phantasm that emits the radiance of the sun itself.
    Because it is light itself given shape, even the gods face difficulty in destroying it, so Indra endeavored to render it powerless.

In myths, it was said that Indra transformed into a Brahmin priest and visited Karna's mansion, approaching him during his early bath while saying "I want to receive your personal effects".

Karna had a vow to not turn down a Brahmin if asked for anything at bath time.
    It was said that he accepted the claim even while knowing it was a trap from Indra, and just as requested, presented the armor that could be described as the only proof of his origins.

In myths it remained stolen, but Karna possesses this armor upon being turned into a Servant.
    The appearance itself ends up getting massive, but it is a invincible armor that reduces all hostile interferences, regardless of being physical or conceptual.

So long he has this, only one tenth of damage values will reach Karna.

Hero of Charity

The merit of Karna, who was renowned as a saint of charity in the "Mahabharata".

Karna is destitute of expressing emotions, but he has a tendency to show indignation when what he himself has picked up, has placed under protection is held in contempt.
    For to repay favor with favor - even if that is a relationship of nothing but profit - is Karna's way of being.

Maybe due that selflessly devoted personality, but whenever people came to him seeking something, he would end up giving mostly anything so long their reason was valid.

This is probably because he is not particular about possessions or fortune, but instead thinks of the heart's way of being as being foremost.

However, during the Holy Grail War he will put the victory of his lord in first place, so he will not answer to appeals such as "please yield victory" and instead admonish that such a proposal will not benefit the opponent.

"What a silly misunderstanding.
    To begin with, victory is something that can only be won over by yourself.
    A victory which I donated, would that really be a victory for you?
    "

This is not sarcasm, but rather an inquiry made out true concern that goes along the lines of "won't you be losing in life from the moment that victory is yielded to you?"

SKILL

Divinity: A
    Son of the Sun God Surya.
    Due to subsequently uniting with Surya, he possesses the highest Divinity.
    Exhibits a high defensive power against Heroic Spirits of Sun God-genealogy with Divinity B or lower.

Karna was destitute of self-assertion, but he displays vehement determination towards protecting the majesty of his father, the Sun God.

This is probably because, while Karna had no mother, at least it was certain that the Sun God was his father and - since he was blessed with its power - he pledged to never do anything that would cause his father to be held in contempt.

Uncrowned Martial Arts: -
    Competency of arms that was not appreciated due various reasons.
    The Skill Rank of sword, spear, bow, riding and Divinity respectively receive a Minus 1, the Alignment display as the exact opposite.
    However, in case his true name is revealed, this Skill extinguished.

Also this is a digression, but the Rank of his LCK value is a report from Karna himself.

Discernment of the Poor: -
    Insight to see through the opponents personality・alignment.
    He cannot be deceived by vindications, deceptions from words.

Actually he is a highly prudent, a hero exceedingly humane.
    Possesses the virtuousness to accept another's way of life, differing ideologies (even if it comes from an enemy), and respect such as "that is also valid".

However, it is difficult to convey this true nature of his.
    Karna's speech and conduct poke at the true nature.
    The speech and conduct that deceives oneself, the attitude, belief that smooth things over.
    Seeing through such things, he ends up frankly talking about "the true nature that the other wants to keep hidden".

Consequentially, he ends up being hated by most people and forced into a fight against his will.

Anyone finds unpleasant to have their own demerits spoken of.

It goes without saying, but Karna's speech and conduct are not those of disgust towards the another ('s demerits).

For Karna, who affirms the different circumstances of people, even incompatible beliefs, incomprehensible aesthetics are something to be respected.
    Although admiring them inside his heart, since he does not reveal that in words, he ends up being misunderstood as "rejecting, hating everything" as a result.

BACKGROUND

The hero of the defeated side.
    (The Mahabharata is depicted by having the fight between two powers - the Pandava royalty and the Kaurava royalty - as its main axis)
    Famous as the rival of the great hero of Indian Mythology, Arjuna.

Karna was born from Kunti, the daughter of a king of men, and the Sun God Surya.

Kunti was the wife of the Kuru king Pandu. But Pandu suffered from a curse that did not let him make children, so the queens could only use their own methods to respectively bear children.
    Kunti was a woman endowed with a mantra to arbitrarily consort with gods and give birth to children, and she gave birth to Pandu's children with this method.

…but. Before she became the wife of the king, she bore a single child as an experiment of the mantra.
    That child was Karna himself. The golden hero, born by consorting with the Sun God Surya.

Kunti was a stubborn woman, and due the fear of first delivery and the uneasiness of whether the gods would acknowledge her child or not, she begged the Sun God Surya that "I want an evidence that this child is your son".

Complying with Kunti's words, the Sun God Surya bestowed the child being born with his own majesty, attribute.

This is the origins of the golden armor that make Karna invulnerable.

But. In spite of being shown favor, sincerity to that extent, Kunti ended up abandoning her first son.
    Because for her, who was bound to become the queen of the Kuru king Pandu, the existence of her son was nothing but useless.

Thus, Karna - who was abandoned by his mother - knew not of his own origins and, simply, continued to live while carving in his chest only that he had a father in the Sun God Surya.

Not knowing the face of his mother, and also, maybe because his mother's motives were impure, Karna's appearance couldn't be called good-looking.

Despite being endowed with his father's brilliant majesty, his figure was stained black.
    His features were inhumane and every single move of his was rudely exhausted.
    Due the absence of a human mother, he never learned the subtleties of people's emotions and spent his days being considered a nuisance by the people around him.

Although Karna was raised in such environment, he did not resent his mother or neighbors. Rather, he affirmed everything.

"It was thanks to my father and mother that I received life.
    No matter what kind of person mother is, I won't hold her in contempt.
    If there is something I hold a grudge against, hold in contempt, that would be myself alone.
    "

Contrary with his outward appearance, Karna was a child who attained excellent virtue and enlightenment.
    It was probably due to not having a single relative despite being a child of god.
    Karna was blessed with the opportunity to inquire about the life and worth of the weak.
    As a conclusion of this, he chose to carry through with his own fastidiousness.

"I, who was born while receiving much more than other men, must exemplify a 'proof of life' more excellent than other men.
    If that is not so, the people without power won't be recompensed.
    "

What Karna has is only the conviction to not disgrace his father's majesty and live without shaming the people that rewarded him.
    Karna's stance of "coldhearted and ruthless, but at the same time filled with dignity" took shape in this manner.

And thus, having grown into a young man, Karna participated in a conference of the Kuru clan.
    In that conference, the five Pandava brothers boasted of their martial arts and self-indulged in fame.
    In special, the skill with a bow of the third son - Arjuna - was wonderful, extolled as having nobody that could match it.

When everyone at that place was caught up raising voices of praise to the Pandava, Karna participated in a spur of the moment and displayed martial arts of the same rank as Arjuna.

(This is a digression, but wherefore the ever-passive Karna went to compete with Arjuna is something seen as ambiguous even in legends.
    The reason why Arjuna was the sole opponent that Karna - who envied no-one, resented no-one - was conscious of would be disclosed later)

Karna challenged Arjuna to determine their superiority and inferiority. But, to challenge a royalty like Arjuna, qualifications of a Kshatriya and upwards was necessary.

(*Kshatriya…
    The warrior class, royalty within the caste system.
    Karna was thought to be a Vaisha (merchant) or possibly a Shudrya (servant))

Having his challenge rejected due the difference of social status, Karna was made into a laughingstock.
    The one who rescued such Karna was the eldest brother of the hundred Kaurava princes, a household antagonistic to the Pandava, Duryodhana.

He took a liking of Karna and welcomed him as a king at that place.
    Thus Karna was rescued from dishonor, but Karna's foster father appeared upon hearing about his success in life and ended up disclosing Karna's origins.

The five Pandava brothers turned Karna, who had displayed martial arts superior to their own, into a greater laughingstock.
    Saying "the mere son of a coachman should know some shame".

Karna felt indignation towards those words.
    He would be resigned and accept anything if it was about himself, but he would not fail to hear that his foster father was insulted.
    …this is because, even if that was a foster father that came forward driven by greed, to Karna he was a father who brought him up and ought to be proud of.

The antagonism between Karna and the five brothers became something that could no longer be withdrawn, but sunset approached and the conference dropped its curtain.

Hereafter, Karna became friends with Duryodhana, who rescued and treated him like a king, and would live as the guest of honor of the hundred Kaurava princes.

While understanding that what awaited ahead was a severe fight with the five Pandava brothers--- with the Great Hero Arjuna.

Background II

The intensity of the antagonism between the hundred Kaurava princes, whom Karna entrusted his bow as a military man, and the five Pandava brothers led by Arjuna increased, ultimately turning into a conflict with their territories at stake.

This conflict is called the Kurukshetra War, and Karna's life would come to an end in this war.

In order to let the hundred Kaurava princes (and consequentially Duryodhana) win, Karna continued to wield his power.
    On the Pandava's side, only Arjuna could oppose Karna. But even for that Arjuna, a direct confrontation with Karna was something in which one had to prepare himself for death.

Passing through several collisions, fates and mutual hatred, the fight between both camps reached Kurukshetra.

Coming this far, Karna's mother - Kunti - attempted one last gamble.
    She thought of revealing to Karna his origins and attempting to win his over to the Pandava camp.

Kunti divulged the circumstances only to Arjuna's attendant made into friend - Krishna - and went to meet Karna just the two of them.
    Kunti revealed that she was Karna's mother, and - while in tears - talked about the futility of true brothers fighting and persuaded that he should fight together with Arjuna and the others to obtain glory.

Karna did not fail to thank Krishna - the friend of his archenemy Arjuna - and, also, attentively listened in silence to his mother's persuasion.

Afterwards,

"I comprehend your words. Join hands with my brothers and return to the rightful form.
    That would indeed be a story filled with light, without a single fault.
    "

Towards the delighted Kunti who said "Then…", Karna quietly continued his words.

"Still, I wish that you answer just one thing.
    Those words, don't you think that they are too late?
    "

Too late in calling herself mother.
    Too late in concerning herself with Karna.

"If you don't think of this as an embarrassment, please answer me.
    ---if you - who calls yourself a mother - says that there is no drawbacks on yourself, then I too can accept the past without feeling ashamed.
    "

Kunti was an egoist woman, but that too was something stemmed from her natural naiveté and innocence; by no means she was a woman who knew no shame.
    Even she had the self-consciousness, the self-reproach, that her own actions…that the way how she abandoned the newly-born Karna for her own sake…was something filled with selfishness.

Therefore, she too had a bare minimum of pride.
    To tell an unsightly lie to Karna - who until then had grown by himself, was thankful to his foster parents and did not harbor a single grudge - was the only thing she didn't want to do.

Kunti could not reply, and the negotiations fell apart.
    Karna told Kunti, who was leaving with her head hanging, the following:

"That is a deception, a self-satisfied love.
    The only thing that can be saved by your love, is you yourself.
    Your love is directed at nobody but yourself.
    Still---
    "

"Let me answer to those feelings.
    Hereafter, I won't bring down any of my brothers that cannot match me at war.
    I shall exert my full power only against my archenemy, Arjuna.
    "

Among the five brothers, Karna vows to not make a move against those whose strength was inferior.
    After this, it was because of this vow that Karna overlooked the five brothers on countless occasions.

"Return to the place that you obtained yourself.
    …it was only once, but.
    I'm grateful that you called me son.
    "

Closing the door of the mansion, Karna shows Kunti the way out.
    In his own way, that was Karna's love towards Kunti, his mother.
    At this point it was not even motherly love, but Kunti's resolve to appeal to "the feelings as a mother" in the end… even if it was something without authenticity… Karna responded to that.
    Kunti faced the danger of exposing her own past.
    For Karna, the Hero of Charity, that determination was deserving of being rewarded.

And then, right before the last battle.
    Understanding that Karna could not be placated, Arjuna's father - Thunder God Indra - took the form of a Brahmin priest, contacted Karna and stole the golden armor from him.

Karna had lost the invulnerable nature received from his father Surya, but even still did not said that he would stop proceeding towards battle.
    Nevertheless, from the point he lost the golden armor, Karna had promptly accepted his own ruin.

Maybe he was impressed by the excessively upright Karna, Indra asked "Why?"
    Without censuring Indra - who had employed that sort of stratagem out of love for Arjuna - and having lost the armor, how could he go towards the battlefield?

"I do not resent you.
    This merely a matter of being a cut above.
    Instead--- That's right. A god notwithstanding, you're a father; this feels delightful for me.
    "

Then why proceed towards battle?, Indra asked.

"As far as I am concerned, a defeat would be to disgrace the majesty of my father.
    Even if death is awaiting, I cannot run away.
    "

At any rate, he has been living for that purpose only.
    For Karna, who has been living in a way so that those who gave birth and raised him could throw out their chest with pride, his life was not even his own anymore.

"Besides, I'm also in debt with Duryodhana.
    For some reason, that impudent and cowardly man seems dazzlingly to me.
    This would be a disrespect towards my father but, occasionally, I feel like that half-hearted light itself is the warmth of the sun.
    "

Not the flame of the sun that Karna carried on his shoulders, nor Surya's absolute radiance, but rather Karna said that the sun was the imperfect charm which humans displayed.

Indra, who saw the divinity of Surya himself in that figure, bestowed his own spear to Karna.
    He had stolen something larger than life from this pure hero.
    Unless he bestowed something that could serve as collateral, it would cause his own honor to be held in contempt, and above all---
    "In case of this man, he might be able to master it,
    the strongest spear that I did not bestow even to my son
    "; he had been charmed to such extent.

Thus Karna sent off the Brahmin priest, lost his armor (flesh), and went towards the battlefield with a figure withered away like a revenant.

The final battle with Arjuna.
    Karna no longer had any allies, for even the cart's coachman he surrendered himself to was an enemy in collusion with the Pandava.

Numerous heavy burdens, feelings towards the half-sibling - his younger brother.

The wheel of Karna's cart got stuck on the track due to a curse, and the bowstring of Arjuna's arrow was drawn to the very limits.
    The brothers, who for a long time competed for supremacy as if manipulated by a unseen destiny, had only this opportunity to exchange blows with all their might.

---Sure enough, Arjuna's bow shot down the sun.

After death, it has been said that Karna united with Surya.
    Referred to as "Hero of Charity", the saint who made not refusing when something was begged, requested out of him his creed.

Despite holding extremely high abilities, the hero who invited the tragedy of opposing his blood-related brothers, received many curses and lost his life without exhibiting his true worth--- that is Karna.

This is a digression, but whatever or not Arjuna knew the truth… that Karna was his older brother… cannot be said for sure.

It is believed that those who knew that Karna was Kunti's son were only Karna, Kunti, Krishna and the Sun God Surya.
    Last edited by Master of Chaos; September 15th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.

quote for higher truth

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Thanks!

But what about the entries for Brahamastra?

(...to think that the guy who, plot-wise, was one of least important characters in the story would have the longest profile. -_-)
    That doesn't mean much... Karna's backstory is a very detailed and complicated one.

…but. Before she acme the wife of the king
    *became

Kunti was a stubborn woman, and due the fear of first delivery and the uneasiness of whether the gods would acknowledge her child or not, she begged the Sun God Surya that "I want an evidence that this child is your son".
    Actually, IIRC, Kunti really couldn't care less for her child. She was more worried by the fact that she wasn't a virgin anymore, which forced Surya to reveal that magical intercourse though the mantra was... well, magical. She hadn't to worry about that.

Not knowing the face of his mother, and also, maybe because his mother's motives were impure, Karna's appearance couldn't be called good-looking.

Despite being endowed with his father's brilliant majesty, his figure was stained black. His features were inhumane and every single move of his was rudely exhausted.
    Uh?

L-t-L, what do you say? Because I think Karna just got Nasu'd.

This is a digression, but whatever or not Arjuna knew the truth… that Karna was his older brother… cannot be said for sure.
    He didn't, IIRC. The Pandava finds out the truth only after Karna's death, and this causes Yudishtira to flip out.

and just as requested, presented the armor that could be described as the only proof of his origins.
    Well, this makes it only sadder.
    Last edited by Sherrinford; September 15th, 2013 at 08:01 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That was this "thunder spear".
    Said to possess the power to knock down even the gods, but there are no records of Karna having employed this in legends.
    Nasu pls.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Thanks!

But what about the entries for Brahamastra?
    There are none. In CCC, Brahmastra is treated as a minor offensive skill of Karna, so it does not possess its own profile entry.

That doesn't mean much... Karna's backstory is a very detailed and complicated one.
    You could say the same for the likes of Tamamo or BB, but even they never got this sort of treatment.

*became
    Fixed.

Actually, IIRC, Kunti really couldn't care less for her child. She was more worried by the fact that she wasn't a virgin anymore, which forced Surya to reveal that magical intercourse though the mantra was... well, magical. She hadn't to worry about that.
    This is the Nasu version, so....

Uh?

That was self-evident from the start.

He didn't, IIRC. The Pandava finds out the truth only after Karna's death, and this causes Yudishtira to flip out.
    Again, Nasu version.

Well, this makes it only sadder.
    Which is one of the reasons why Karna makes such a good Lancer....

Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    Nasu pls.
    Nothing new, actually. This was used to explain the whole "Gilgamesh does not have Karna's spear in his vault"-thing (he sort of has its prototype stored somewhere, but it falls on the "wealth that exceeded his knowing" category, so he cannot pull it out).

quote for higher truth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post

Uh?

Didn't we check a while back and Karna's description in the legend ended up being some weird looking humanoid thing?

I seem to recall that after someone brought up that Nasuverse Karna didn't look like some comic's depiction of Karna.

Edit: Ah, yes. Ten feet tall, large arms, neck as thick as a bull's, really shiny and beautiful. I guess that can fit the "inhumane" part, at least. One out of three is not bad for Nasu.
    Last edited by Siriel; September 15th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Mindless terrible speed translations of some Extra Material entries. Put these here rather than Mobius Space because of length and because not having much to do with mechanics.

(I have no idea how Red Saber speaks in the Aksys Extra.)

Saber Nero
    One of the Servants who contracts with the protagonist.
    A (self-proclaimed to be) crossdressing young swordswoman clothed in a bright crimson dress. Often called Red Saber to distinguish her from other Sabers.

[pronoun stuff]

A headstrong emperor who calls herself an omni-talented genius and actualizes (by force) most of the things she wills.
    Though often mistaken for a tyrant because of her arrogance and confident proclamations, as a rule she acknowledges the ways of existences of all manners of people, without rejection.
    She judges not by society's standards of good and evil, but by the human beauty.
    Having dabbled in plays, song, painting, sculpture, and such various arts, upon creating a new work,
    “How’s this? It is quite good, no? T-true, it may be a little on the maniacal side, but is it not good nonetheless?”
    A little miss attention seeker who tearfully begs for appraisal like so.
    Though she would normally not qualify for the Saber class with her parameters, well, she took care of that part somehow with her Imperial Privilege. She would properly be a commander-type Servant.

As a Servant, she has no particular contentions or wishes.
    That is because she is perfect by simply existing.
    At least, Saber herself says,
    “I am consummate simply by thinking, speaking, and sleeping while being myself. No matter the era, the mere fact of my existence symbolizes the might of Rome.”
    Since she’s already perfect, there remains nothing more for her to seek.
    She has reached the conclusion that simply being herself is the finest reward in itself.
    Since she has absolute beliefs and tenets within herself, she isn’t offended by much.
    To Saber, the one unacceptable thing is to “for her to not be able to act as herself.”
    The reason why the egocentric Saber is fine with being used as a Servant is because a Servant is contracted as that which “must prove her supremacy.”

“Hmm? I am to prove my supremacy, yes? That I have no complaints about. I shall simply fight a fight not shameful to myself.
    Even if I had a frog for a Master, if I can fight together with the frog and emerge the victor without shame, it would become a pride of mine.”

Such is her amazingly optimistic outlook.
    And so it’s rare for her to scold the inexperienced protagonist. Though she does grumble about the protagonist’s timidity and fecklessness, in her heart she does not truly look down on the protagonist.
    To her, saying that the protagonist is “feeble” is simply an honest appraisal.
    Thus, when the protagonist grows as a Master and builds the bond of trust, she becomes more straightforwardly affectionate.

“Confound it all, pay more attention to me!
    Since you are contracted to me, you shall put me first of all things!”

Thus the attention-starved puppy emperor came to be.

However, in the first place, there isn’t a Master to be found who would summon her.
    Her true name corresponds to great evil in a certain religion, and the end of her life was a miserable one.
    Just as much as she is an emperor, she is also an artist with unshakable faith in her own genius, and the only absolute justice to her is “beauty.”
    Whether ally, enemy, her citizens, or herself, she will not love anything that does not fit into that category.
    That holds true even for a Master. For sure, she will never obey someone she finds unseemly.
    There’s no magus who would want to make use of a weapon who judges matters based on something like “beauty.” Contracting with this Heroic Spirit is simply too risky.

“……Well, that’s only natural.
    Magi are clever and calculating creatures;
    certainly not fools who would entrust their lives to me.”

And so she spent her days in ennui in the Throne of Heroes.
    Though she gets lonely, her pride overcame that. She decided not to settle for just anyone, planning on only contracting with a genius of her level.
    And so, at the end of another round of preliminaries.
    Just when she was about to leave, thinking that there was no one to call her this time either, she heard a faint voice.
    When she turned, she saw a nameless someone who, despite being on the verge of death, still fought to stand.
    Someone who was not strong.
    Someone who had no outstanding talent.
    Someone who wasn’t even a proper wizard.
    But―――Saber saw a kindling that twinkled like a star in the night, a kindling that refused to fade.
    Instantly, she rushed forward.
    What she had in her chest was not sympathy for that someone, but anger against the high heavens.
    She knew that it was the way of the world for the weak to remain weak and perish, their prayers to no avail.
    Precisely because she knew this, she couldn’t stand for it.
    What kind of heaven would ignore such powerful will?
    Even in the death throes, that nameless one chose not to give up but to fight.

“If it would not answer that purehearted wish, the will of the heavens matters not! How can I not answer the cry of that noble soul―――?!”
    Rather than answering summons, Saber had come to the place of selection of her own volition.
    While groaning inwardly at the offering up of herself that she had disliked so, she speaks to the nameless soul.

“Answer me―――are you my
    Master
    Praetor
    ?”

She appears in a white bridal dress for CCC, earning the nickname of Bride Saber. Since there’s another Red Saber in Apocrypha now, I feel like we need another nickname for her to cover both Extra and CCC.
    Tange Saber……no? Okay, I guess not.

Her rival in CCC is Red Lancer.
    One hopes that they can become friendly rivals as idols.
    After all, having both experienced similar reactions to their performances, it seems like there’s plenty they can talk about.
    Also, her voice when the player acquires her swimwear is a must-listen. Therein lies the max endearing charm of the Tange Saber.

Gilgamesh
    A main Servant who was added for CCC.
    Humanity’s most ancient hero, and a demigod who, B.C., ruled the Sumerian city-state of Uruk.
    Ruthless and unfeeling. A tyrant who heeds not the opinions of others and lives by his standards alone.
    Like Red Archer, I’ve expounded exhaustively on this guy in plenty already, so there’s nothing in particular that needs to be said.
    Though some details were tweaked slightly for Extra, he’s basically the same Gil we all know.
    An extraordinary Heroic Spirit who flaunts his ornate golden armor and throws around his superabundant wealth of treasures like they grow on trees or something.

[pronoun stuff]

His
    alignment
    nature
    is Chaotic Good.
    A cold-blooded tyrant, and a hero who had sought and enjoyed all manners of treasures and pleasures.
    Though capricious and temperamental, he does not (generally) kill someone simply because he is in a foul temper.
    When he kills a person, it is either because that someone’s soul is abominable, or because that person has become an enemy of his.

King and sentencer who weighs both good and evil equally.
    To him, a life is only “that which will die this moment” or “that which will one day die.”
    A being who is recognized by Gilgamesh as “a life that must die this moment” will be slain, even if a sage.

“So in the end it has nothing to do with rules or conditions and just depends on what he feels like that day?!”
    This kind of reaction is understandable, but that is what a king is.
    Whether astute judgment synonymous to the truth of the universe,
    or misrule during a drunken stupor,
    if he is the one to implement it, it would become the indisputable adjudication of the king.
    Such is the absolute sovereign.

Though some see him as similar to Iskandar in their egocentricity, the greatest difference between the two is that Gilgamesh has no need of vassals.
    Gilgamesh is a king who, from start to end, reigns by means of only “himself.” What he loves are “treasures” and “tools,” while a “person” is no more than that which must one day perish.
    ……No matter how worthy of love he may acknowledge that to be.

Considering CCC’s themes, women’s issues can’t be avoided. Gil’s type is a “noble maiden.” (Ko-Gil’s is a “wildflower.”)
    He dislikes women who are dependent on men and yet would make use of men. In other words, he dislikes “womanlike” women.

Though the Moon Cell had reconstructed and manifested him as a Servant, unable to control him, it sealed him in the Far Side of the Moon.
    As Gilgamesh himself hadn’t seen much point in the Holy Grail War, he made himself a bedchamber in the darkness (malevolent information), and dozed to dreams of degeneration.
    Although he’d been lazily savoring his splendid isolation of aiding none and needing none, since he found the ramblings of the fool (the protagonist) who fell into Hell kind of amusing,
    he woke and stuck his nose into the protagonist’s affairs for a little bit, thus setting off the chain of events for his route.

Because he’d been napping in Hell for a near infinite amount of time, both his mind and body have completely rusted.
    Just when you think he finally won’t be so cocksure of himself this time around, it turns out that that’s his default status to begin with. ←new!
    But his Noble Phantasm wreaks an insane amount of damage, so I’m honestly kind of worried about the game balance of the latter half of the game right now.
    The battle flow might turn into something terrible like Gil-sama attacks → the enemy dies!

Though such is the AUO, being an allied Servant, surely he will someday come to mutual trust with the protagonist and, along with light conversation, unlock his SGs.
    Additionally, because he is not incarnated in Extraverse, he is not affected by the nature of the era’s civilization. In CCC, one may occasionally catch glimpses of the more personal sides of a neutral Gilgamesh from the era of the epic.

CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK
    Last edited by Reiu; September 16th, 2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo