Thread: "Distortion" question

"Distortion" question

I've seen the whole speech Rin makes about Shirou being Distorted and the similar thing from Archer about his ideals being borrowed. Saber has likewise been called out in similar ways. I'm wondering if anybody has done a fic where someone points out to Rin that she's just as bad, just as much about self-denial in the face of duty.

Where Saber's perspective is distorted by her early rise to kingship and Shirou by the fact that he was rescued by Kiritsugu. Rin seems to likewise have been distorted by her childhood quest to save those children in the 4th war. In fact in UBW, when they find the unconscious students, she immediately starts blaming herself for always being too slow and Shirou has to snap her out of it.

Blog Entries
    This is the kind of thing you should ask the fanfic forum.

ahh my apologies....could someone move the subject?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Everything I say is a lie.
    LIKE A KING

Quote Originally Posted by Komrade Kwestions View Post
    "It's not gay, it's magecraft!"

Except he/she/they/it isn't asking a question about the 'verse or it's interpretation, just if anyone's ever written a fic about the concept. (Also: Rin trying to save the kids in the Fourth War wasn't invented yet when Rin's personality was created so cart, horse.)
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.