Page 11 of 302 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    So I was playing Sacred Stones to scratch the itch I have because of awakening and... man did I forget how much the RNG hates me. Lute with twenty something odds of being hit by 2 cavaliers, 2 pegasus knights and Sonia gets hit thrice. That's statistically low and she's supposed to be my dodge tank, and worse of all she survived the first two hits only to get hit by Bolting with a 17 percent chance. There's also criticals that activate on the second hit most of the time and killer weapons that never crit. I wonder if Awakening will be merciful.

(Well there's also 12 an the fact that MU capped speed at level 9 and was on its way with magic but I can't play it now ;_; )
    Could be worse. In PoR i managed to get Rolf's crit above 100% by using gamble and he didnt crit, though I'm sure we all have our stories of missing with a 90 hit rate can being killed by the guy with a crit of 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Now, every time I read that a story has an OC I'm going to have to think to myself "Wait, what if it's as good as Sun God?".

Quote Originally Posted by MZeroX View Post
    you aren't manipulating the rng hard enough to max str on every character, then. >.>;
    Ha-ha, just STR?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah Canadians can go and die apparently buy the game since its out there. Not 100% sure tho.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Banned
    Blog Entries
    of course not just STR. But its the only applicable stat when the previous statement was about not enough base damage.

and yeah, you don't even need to rng manipulate to win at sacred stones, but its just so easy to walk through that game.

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Oh yeah Canadians can go and die apparently buy the game since its out there. Not 100% sure tho.
    Wait, what? *looks it up*

brb need to go walk an hour to my nearest eb games

I must admit those killer weapons cost too must, I love those slim weapons since they are both cheap and accurate.
    Iron weapon runs are fun but slim weapon runs are even more enjoyable.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Sacred Stones' difficulty depends on how you play. If you abuse the Tower of Valni to no end, then yeah it's gonna be easy. However, if you don't use any of the exp abuse opportunities, Sacred Stones is just as hard as Blazing Sword.

Also, on a somewhat related use, I wonder how all of the Fire Emblem games are ranked. We all hear everyone saying "Thracia is hardest; Sacred Stones is easiest" but what about the others?

An offer for the second place positions (next hardest and next easiest): Radiant Dawn as 2nd hardest, Path of Radiance as second easiest.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

I can vote HHM as being the next hardest but not sure about what to vote being the next easiest.
    RD maniac mode was around as hard but I personally thought HHM was more difficult.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    I can vote HHM as being the next hardest but not sure about what to vote being the next easiest.
    RD maniac mode was around as hard but I personally thought HHM was more difficult.
    To be fair, let's base everything on each game's normal mode because some games don't have difficulty options.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    Sacred Stones' difficulty depends on how you play. If you abuse the Tower of Valni to no end, then yeah it's gonna be easy. However, if you don't use any of the exp abuse opportunities, Sacred Stones is just as hard as Blazing Sword.

Also, on a somewhat related use, I wonder how all of the Fire Emblem games are ranked. We all hear everyone saying "Thracia is hardest; Sacred Stones is easiest" but what about the others?

An offer for the second place positions (next hardest and next easiest): Radiant Dawn as 2nd hardest, Path of Radiance as second easiest.
    even without the tower, sacred stones was a cakewalk if you used bishops and only slightly harder otherwise.

as for ranking, i'll agree with most people here and put RD and HHM as tied for 2nd hardest. as for second easiest...either PoR or mystery of the emblem (original nes version)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Now, every time I read that a story has an OC I'm going to have to think to myself "Wait, what if it's as good as Sun God?".

Then nothing can even come close to comparing FE5, I must then agree that RD is the next hardest. My first run of RD was really fun though I personally breezed through it after the first part. Maybe having transfer data from FE:PoR was a factor but you get heaps of options in RD making it feel a lot more fun even if slightly hard.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    Part of the issue with RD's difficulty is that the international versions renamed the 'Normal' difficulty level as 'Easy' and 'Hard' as 'Normal'. So what you thought was Normal difficulty probably wasn't.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    "Awakening is the bestest" =V

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    Part of the issue with RD's difficulty is that the international versions renamed the 'Normal' difficulty level as 'Easy' and 'Hard' as 'Normal'. So what you thought was Normal difficulty probably wasn't.
    Well that's the best part about playing the original, you have no confusion about what the true intended difficulty level is.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

Blog Entries
    Easy -> Hard

8>11(? The one with two promotions for every character)>7>4>1/3>9>6>5

something like that
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Easy -> Hard

8>11(? The one with two promotions for every character)>7>4>1/3>9>6>5

something like that
    That would be both Radiant Dawn and Gaiden. Also, I thought you said you'd never played Radiant Dawn and only got halfway through Path of Radiance. Also IMO Sword of Seals was pretty damn hard even after I arena abused to high heaven. Fucking Boltings. ;_;

Edit: I will agree with you, though, that Shadow Dragon was really easy. My full list, same format as Neir's:

8>11>9>7>3>4>6>10>5 (I have not played 1 or 2, and I only got halfway through 7 before my copy broke, so incomplete list is incomplete)

ReEdit: HOW COULD I FORGET FE4. Fixed.
    Last edited by The Geek; February 2nd, 2013 at 01:10 AM.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    It's true, I didn't play it. But I know that stats go into the 40s, which is simply unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    It's true, I didn't play it. But I know that stats go into the 40s, which is simply unacceptable.
    Yeah, but the enemy's stats are inflated to match, and only certain units can get their stats that high (Luck is actually the only stat that goes up to 40 unless you count the Laguz Royals' stats and they're simply OP incarnate and the only characters who can get Luck that high are Elincia and Micaiah). It's mostly Part 1 and certain parts of Part 3 that are hard. In Part 1 you're stuck with the Dawn Brigade of Suck, and in Part 3 you get the Dawn Brigade of Meh. And the Greil Mercenaries, who are almost all OP.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Played the Awakening Demo. I enjoyed it, it plays very smoothly and the way they seem to be handling mechanical supports seems interesting, particularly the dual strike stuff.

As for the other things, the music and graphics are fine, but the character designs aren't doing much for me, they're way too ~anime~ for Fire Emblem. The demo doesn't show enough of the story to really judge much of the writing but given what I know about the DLC stuff and considering that the ridiculous looking masked guy's named Marth, I suspect it's not going to blow me away.

But then again, anything's better than Shadow Dragon.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    While I can't speak for the graphics and designs, the music is quite good, the demo actually cut a good piano solo at the end of the first chapter.

And the writing... well I would call it good but I have a lot more tolerance to it because those delicious numbers distract me a lot.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw