Page 12 of 302 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem

Ohh, Shadow Dragon simply wasn't good.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    From a gameplay perspective, Shadow Dragon isn't too much of a drawback. I think people just didn't like the fact that they removed supports.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

I was so pissed at the removal of supports. That was like why I replayed the other one half a billion times.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    From a gameplay perspective, Shadow Dragon isn't too much of a drawback. I think people just didn't like the fact that they removed supports.
    Reclassing is bad and so was the artstyle.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why is reclassing bad?

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Reclassing isn't bad, it actually makes the game quite a bit easier but some people don't like it of course (I personally hate the capability of changing a character's class whenever you want).
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Credit View Post
    I was so pissed at the removal of supports. That was like why I replayed the other one half a billion times.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    Reclassing is bad and so was the artstyle.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Reclassing isn't bad, it actually makes the game quite a bit easier but some people don't like it of course (I personally hate the capability of changing a character's class whenever you want).
    Reclassing is bad because it's not particularly useful. If you want another peg knight, use Xane or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    I don't like the concept of reclassing because it defeats the entire purpose of having limited playable characters and being wise if/when you have a death in your party.
    The removal of supports...I don't understand that at all. What made them decide to do that? Why did they even consider it? It's been a staple of the series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    It's BECOME a staple of the series. They didn't remove them because they never had them in the first place. Shadow Dragon was just a remake, remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    All of you should play Heroes of Light then. (Mind you reclassing is in but having a mage with Def and Speed is so great)

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Okay:

Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    It's BECOME a staple of the series. They didn't remove them because they never had them in the first place. Shadow Dragon was just a remake, remember?
    True, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    All of you should play Heroes of Light then. (Mind you reclassing is in but having a mage with Def and Speed is so great)
    Possibly a decent reason, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Banned
    People beat me to the problems with reclassing mostly, but there's two other issues:
    1. It undermines already very flimsy characterization if you have this character whose whole thing is "I am a sage and do sage things with my mage apprentice" and he just can stop being that and become a general or something.
    2. Some characters actually have growths that are geared towards classes other than their starting one, which makes no goddamn sense and adds another layer of hidden bullshittery that wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    Yeah that's the thing though: it's a remake. It's not an NES game, it's a DS game. The purpose is to add improvements from the series since the original came out. Improve, expand, rebuild. Instead of adding the good things the series has acquired since the start, it threw most of those out, with the only new stuff being COMPLETELY new bullshit like reclassing or GAIDEN CHAPTERS YOU HAVE TO REACH VIA MASS MURDER.

Well it is a manner of opinion, it makes the game easier as some characters can be balanced a lot better (though I loved playing with restricted classes runs it makes things interesting). I still prefer to make runs with no class-changing.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You do realize that the only reason Shadow Dragon exists is because PoR and RD were such flops sales-wise, that they desperately needed money. They remade two of their most popular games and BOOM! They have money to spend on big, successful products like Awakening. Also, Shadow Dragon had very few characters with characterization, but those that did had really good characterization (ie: Marth, Merric, Caeda, Minerva, etc.)
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    You do realize that the only reason Shadow Dragon exists is because PoR and RD were such flops sales-wise, that they desperately needed money. They remade two of their most popular games and BOOM! They have money to spend on big, successful products like Awakening. Also, Shadow Dragon had very few characters with characterization, but those that did had really good characterization (ie: Marth, Merric, Caeda, Minerva, etc.)
    I've literally never heard of either of those titles being flops. By what standard? I can't imagine FE was ever a big blockbuster for them.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodyle View Post
    I've literally never heard of either of those titles being flops. By what standard? I can't imagine FE was ever a big blockbuster for them.
    PoR and RD did not sell well. At all, in either Japan or the West, that's why they're so god damn hard to find.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    First time I hear about that.

Year 1

Salt Corner

gold
    good
    waifus.

Okay:

fuck laith btw

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    First time I hear about that.
    Well, it's what I've heard. Certainly worked in getting IS back on its feet if that's the case (though it might have been FE12 more than FE11 that did it) since we're getting big, ambitious projects like Awakening and SMTXFE.

Also, checked 3DS e-shop recently, and the first DLC chapter for Awakening is free.
    Last edited by The Geek; February 3rd, 2013 at 05:41 AM.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

First time I've heard of that. I easily found both PoR and RD, since I contributed to the initial sales when they were released.
    Just watch me.
    *Returns to lurking*

Banned
    Yeah they were very easy to find at the time, and the big GC titles now are all kind of annoying to find now (Sunshine and Wind Waker are both fairly expensive).

I outright do not believe that 9 didn't sell well because if it didn't there's NO WAY IN HELL that Nintendo would have approved 10. Hell, look at 11 in 12. 11 didn't do well in the West but did well in Japan because the Japanese have shitty taste, so Japan got the sequel and we didn't.