Page 263 of 302 FirstFirst ... 163213253258261262263264265268273 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

JP Friend Code
    I still think it would have been a good idea if Lysithea had Macuil's Crest : not only it would work like Gloucester's but you could have an interesting convo between her and Macuil bonding over their hatred of the Agarthans.

Now how they would gotten it ? The same way they managed to get Sothis's blood to transfer it to Edelgard despite the fact that Sothis died ages ago and back then there was no way to preserve her blood.

And I say this because Sothis' blood is litteraly the only way that Edelgard could possibly form the Crest of Flames.

I do have an interesting theory about Crests though : I theorize that all Crests are born from a mutation of the Crest of Flames and said mutation is due to the Nabateans'unique physiology meaning that in theory each Nabatean has a unique Crest.
    Would explain why none of them have the Crest of flames or why Flayn doesn't have Cichol's Crest
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

Blog Entries
    they dont have crest of flames because they are not Sothis, they were made by Sothis
    its not like she gave birth to them, its more of magical mumbo jumbo or blood magic - probably blood magic, given the setting

powers of different crests are clearly latent and derived from characteristics of their wielders, its not that crests are unique, its that nabateans are unique and subsequently the blood derived from them is also unique

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    ^Exactly this. Also, Nabateans, unlike humans, clearly do not rot, and this probably extends to their blood.

Also, Lysithea getting it makes little sense because she's not from the Empire, and clearly, the Agarthans only have the blood of the slaughtered dragons, including the Craft Dragon, and not the living ones, like Macuil or most importantly, Seiros.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

On another note, I've always questioned how much Wilhelm Paul Hresvelg knew about the Seiros vs Nemesis beef. Edelgard's recounting of the secret history he apparently wrote seems to imply he lacked key context as to why Seiros actually hated Nemesis, yet Seiros also considered him a friend and didn't hide her dragon form. So, could he have lied by omission? Possibly, but Seiros/Rhea did have major trust issues, so maybe he didn't know. That being said, it was probably obvious that Seiros' beef was personal in nature to her close allies. In addition, we only have El's recounting/interpretation of the secret history, and she is far from a non-biased source on the topic.

Also, could he have faked his own death in the historical record? First generation Crest wielders live hundreds of years, yet he apparently died halfway into the War of Heroes with no stated cause, which is suspicious. Maybe he's still alive, hiding out in some cottage in an isolated pocket of Fodlan, kind of like how Aubin was in a city in Faerghus until he gave Yuri his blood.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code

huh

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Wow I can't believe all those Fire Emblem fans hardcore enough to bother with FE1 are finally getting to play their game after 12351235 years of not having played it!

For a limited time...While this is great, I need remakes.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Hey look, finally a good game.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm honestly surprised they didn't update the graphics like they did for Echoes.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Echoes was a remake. This is just an official emulator with some QoL updates.

I finished CF for the first time about a month ago, and I couldn't help but notice the names of Rhea's golems in the final battle. Like, it's pretty clear those names were those of her former comrades, but aside from Wilhelm and Chevalier, who could they have been? Personally, I think Bernhardt is the first Varley, and thus Bernadetta's ancestor, and as for the others, they might be Wilhelm and Seiros' other allies who received Saint Crests.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Echoes was a remake. This is just an official emulator with some QoL updates.
    I know, that's what I was surprised about, that they went all the effort to translate and voice it in english but didn't just do a remake.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Shadow Dragon is already an FE1 remake, and it's been released abroad, so I feel Nintendo and IS decided this was enough.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    If it wasn't a limited time release I'd buy it to show support for the old games, despite not wanting to play the game cause Fire Emblem 1 is pretty clunky. Really dislike this practice of limited time release.

I agree. This is stupid, but I might buy anyway. Once you get it, you always have it.

JP Friend Code
    ^Exactly this. Also, Nabateans, unlike humans, clearly do not rot, and this probably extends to their blood.

Also, Lysithea getting it makes little sense because she's not from the Empire, and clearly, the Agarthans only have the blood of the slaughtered dragons, including the Craft Dragon, and not the living ones, like Macuil or most importantly, Seiros.
    Yeah but I am pretty sure that Macuil didn't give his Crest out because he hated humans so the fact that the Crest exists in the Empire means that the Agarthans must have introduced it somehow.
    F/GO : Lunartic/721,560,670

Mordred is finally home.

Blessed is my luck.

I am at peace.

I agree. This is stupid, but I might buy anyway. Once you get it, you always have it.
    Well, you have it until the online service goes down. Because it's ONLY a download code as far as the game itself is concerned.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    TFW FE has someone closer to a romanceable Illya than Fate does.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Paladin View Post
    Yeah but I am pretty sure that Macuil didn't give his Crest out because he hated humans so the fact that the Crest exists in the Empire means that the Agarthans must have introduced it somehow.
    That, or he begrudgingly gave it to one human or something, and as a result, the Crest was super rare. It's possible.

Also, Saints' Crests confuse me because they seem to vary in whether or not they are restricted to one lineage, unlike the Elites' Crests. I mean, the Crest of Indech seems to exist in at least House Varley and House Essar, while the Crests of Cichol and Cethleann seem restricted to Houses Aegir and Hevring respectively. Could the latter two have jealously guarded their Crests while House Varley did not? Maybe. Adrestia is actually kind of underdeveloped compared to Faerghus, and maybe even Leicester, now that I think of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    TFW FE has someone closer to a romanceable Illya than Fate does.
    True, except Lysithea isn't dangerously mentally unstable.

Blog Entries
    she's a sugar addict