Page 275 of 302 FirstFirst ... 175225265270273274275276277280285 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    If you do DLC aux battles they make every lunatic run like 20hr long and offset the exp penalty that you get
    you can also just do normal missions instead but those are much less efficient
    and by less efficient i say they are dogshit holy hell why are normal aux battles are so bad is beyond me
    and dont even start me QUESTS
    Ah, I won't didn't buy the DLC and probably won't so I guess suffering it is once I get back to it.

I would've liked to buy some DLC, although not the aux battles as I never bought the "grinding dlc", but probably the Ashen Wolves at least, but since they decided it's all or nothing I just watched that on youtube. I think I usually only bought the story dlc and I avoided using the Dark Flier and Dreadfighter dlc in Fates. I think in SoV I was considering it, but I didn't because they had their whole dlc plan already laid out before the game launched or was the dlc even avaiable day one? Either it's funny that the last game I bought DLC for was Fates, which I don't like, and not Echoes.

So I suppose not having the DLC explains quite a bit as to why I think mastering classes is so terrible, since normal ones and quests suck huh. Honestly in my hard playthroughs I tried avoiding doing anything non story battle related, but I think I caved when I did some Quests, but still had activity points remaining. Maybe it's dumb, but I just kinda feel more comfortable with the idea of not grinding in a strategy game and try to play every game like the ones that don't offer grinding.

Ironically sending someone in the Arena was always fine with me, because losing meant losing a unit or having to start over, but I also never really arena abused and tried to end the maps as quickly as possible while just delegating one unit to some arena matches. Man, I miss the arena I really like the risk versus reward, although I suppose if turning back time remains a main stay there's not too much risk involved so it would probably be just whatever then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post

It was fun. Would not do again tho.
    Also I just saw your name for your twitter account and I guess I will be forever haunted by my mistakes. =) Unless that's a reference to something else.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    you arent getting any drama in Golden Deer, its Linhardt of all four routes

maybe i should tune Yuzu and get that modding going so that Sothis can murder everything
    but i'm too deep in the crusades it will take me like a month to get out
    too deep
    Hey, Linhardt is pretty okay actually. I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I can't get over how accurate this comic is
    Except Ignatz, he actually grew 10 kilos of muscle instead
    - - - Updated - - -

WTF why are Dorothea and Mercedes A-supporting me before I've even had a chance to re-recruit them

like slow down, ladies
    Last edited by Deathhappens; January 17th, 2022 at 04:11 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgos View Post
    Also I just saw your name for your twitter account and I guess I will be forever haunted by my mistakes. =) Unless that's a reference to something else.
    It's not a haunting. It's your legacy. I have embraced it.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    It's not a haunting. It's your legacy. I have embraced it.
    Yeah, it's fine. That's why I used the smiley to convey that I didn't really mean it in a bad way, but still mistakes were made but I suppose something amusing came out of it for you so that's nice. That said it was very embarrassing back then and still is a tiny bit.

The amount of horrifying pasts that are revealed in casual conversation in this game is 3 or 4 times more than it needs to be; which is to say 3 or 4 more than zero. Also, the timing for some locked supports continues to remain bizzare and/or obviously "we couldn't be arsed to change dialogue earlier/later depending on whether you've seen a particular support so we just locked it instead" -motivated.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I do mean Lysithea
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    who's gonna tell him

By process of elimination, you.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    The amount of horrifying pasts that are revealed in casual conversation in this game is 3 or 4 times more than it needs to be; which is to say 3 or 4 more than zero.
    The ride never ends

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hey, Alois has no real tragic backstory. I think?

And that's the end of the list.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    His entire existence is the tragedy in itself

There's a difference between Sylvain's spoiler"girls only love me for my Crest and not my dashing good looks or my rich noble status, o woe is me" and Bernadetta's spoiler "My dad used to tie me to a chair for hours to make me a proper submissive wife and beat the only friend I ever had half to death because he was a commoner". And the latter is revealed a lot sooner than the former in a B support, even.
    Also, Leonie, Lorenz, Hilda and to an extent Claude had, at worst, unhappy childhoods. Not everyone has a skeleton like Lysithea in their closet.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; January 21st, 2022 at 01:18 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Words of someone who is yet to give Shamir their virginity.

Lances have best weapon arts AND the best weapons by far. They only lose to bows because they make you work to reach Hunter's Volley levels of stupidity.

I find rapiers to be kinda cheat weapons because you can only get 2 through normal play (i think you can buy one normally and get another via paralogue), but you can shop early for 3 of those things if you DLC shop (which i usually do, since they cost quite a bit of renown early on). If we count rapiers then swords own lances and axes, if we dont then yeah they suck.
    Ashiya is a meme weapon though. Thunderbrand is like second best weapon in the game.

No offense, but this is unreasonable-amount-of-investment wall of cope. On Lunatic, you would have to tolerate Raphs garbage early game, feed him EXP to get him to 30 early, tutor him to hit both War Master and Wyvern Lord, then max out War Master, then spec him into Wyvern Lord which is not even that tanky a class to rely on a enemy-phase talent on a unit who will take higher than 0 damage from the enemy.
    By the time you are done 75% of the game is cleared, Raph is not Constance who's halfway through to level 50 before timeskip hits.
    I'm not gonna deny that it would work or anything, but thats copium.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of gauntlets, they dont survive frog litmus test.
    Out of all weapon types, Byleth was the worst with gauntlets. After that run only Flayn is allowed to use them.
    That's just patently false. Byleth is perhaps the best user of gauntlets. Also, Balthus is better than Raphael in every way, especially in tanking ability and having actually middle of the road speed.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't get to lash out at someone for calling video game characters useless. You've been warned for getting into fights, warned and temped for starting fights, and this one actually gets you a strike. That's a one week vacation, during which I hope you'll take some time to think about when it's actually appropriate to insult people (it's generally not appropriate, especially when you do it too often).
    Gotcha, and I mostly lashed out at the insult to my intelligence anyway. Still, I do understand that was uncalled for and I won't start so many fights because a)It's not worth my time, and b) no one's on my side.

- - - Updated - - -

I was also being a dick, for sure.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    That's just patently false. Byleth is perhaps the best user of gauntlets. Also, Balthus is better than Raphael in every way, especially in tanking ability and having actually middle of the road speed.
    Raph's got 15% higher HP and LCK growths. The stats no one respects until suddenly everyone has crit on you and you die in two hits instead of three. And the speed doesn't matter because middle of the road gets you doubled on maddening.

Also I haven't played Cindered shadows and at this point I'm just in this because I like Raph's supports and it's fun to debate people online.

Aozaki was being a dick too, btw. Probably more of one than you since snapping angrily at an insult is higher on the morality scale than having your posts drip with demeaning condescension, even if it's also higher on the banhammer scale.

I don't think Raph is bad, I just think others do it better, and even if Balthus has really low Dex, and thus hit, I think he generally performs better as a tank who can hit back. He's middle of the road between Raphael and Caspar, and he has a Crest and good Relic.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I was admittedly a dick to Aozaki-desu before that, so it balances it out.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Finished with Verdant Wind (was sitting on the last battle for a week or so, but too busy to sit and finish it-ended up just skipping the last two months too). It was, well, not bad, but not as great as I hoped either. Heard the other two routes have more drama, so I'm probably going to try for either CF or possibly AM next, though if it takes this long to clear the game once (final save has something like 90+ hours down) I don't like my chances of making a full clear, especially with Arceus coming out tomorrow.
    Spoiler:

Ended up marrying Dorothea, which felt just kind of meh and unearned, but honestly I don't think any of the other romances were much better (barring maybe Claude, but then I didn't really manage to like Claude enough for that). Only three other pairs of people ended up together (Lorenz/Leonie, which I found amusing, Raphael/Marianne, which was just adorable even if "they ended up running an inn" wasn't exactly what I was expecting, and Sylvain/Mercedes, which was just fitting) so either I did something wrong or I should've recruited more people to fill in blanks. Bernie and Lysithea ended up going solo, Hanneman and Manuela didn't get together (was too bored to get them to A support so my bad there) and the Shamir/Catherine combo broke up (though maybe that one was inevitable idk). Cyril ended up going back to school apparently, which I found mildly hilarious given his experiences at that point. All in all, happy endings for everyone! (Except the ones who are dead).
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I agree, especially want to see a Golden Deer D&D session setup. Claude as GM/DM would be...interesting to say the least.
    Claude would obviously sucker someone else into DMing so he can play Swashbuckler Bard and fool around.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Probably Lorenz.

Blog Entries

i have no clue what i did to rename linhardt into bernie but i guess i will figure it out tomorrow
    also it would seem that i would need to manually overwrite Lin's stats and also make up weapon ranks / combat assets / spells / skills / CA lists for Sothis, since she has none
    and bluetooth connectivity between my cons and my PC is absolute fucking shit, not sure why or what to do about that. Might have to fall back onto dualshock if i dont figure it out.
    On the other hand, glorious 60 fps

Ι thought Sothis and a few other cut playables had full spell and CA lists?
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Sothis has stats, growths, and full asset work. Her other combat data is empty, which makes sense since she, unlike for example rhea, is not present as an actual unit.
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; January 28th, 2022 at 02:23 PM.