Page 294 of 302 FirstFirst ... 194244284289292293294295296299 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Tbh in those dialogue scenes that aren't really cutscenes those animations are basically standins for dialogue sprites like in a VN or whatever. They tend to get old and look silly, but it'd be kinda nutty if they animated a gorillion animations for all of these dialogue bits. Not that it wouldn't be an IMPROVEMENT to have some variety, fuck's sake I've seen my MC lean forward and bow 3,000 times already, but it doesn't hurt me to see it. I can almost find some humor in Timerra reusing the same arms spread animation over and over in every single scene she appears.
    It would not be such a problem if animations fit the characters and were sensible in the context of the story, bad as it is, but they are too over-the-top and generic to be even that. 3 Houses also had animated models, but it did not have such issues because animations were subdued and largely fit what was happening on the screen.
    This is also the price you pay for going full 3d. I see people dissing VN style presentation a lot in general, but its a very cheap and effective way to tell a story with some visual bits sprinkled in, all you need is a few drawn sprites and expressions which are very easy to get right. Or to add expressions specifically for key moments of the story if you want to. Making good looking 3d models go distance is an order of magnitude more work, and if you do it like Engage, you fail horribly and the end result looks like absolute shit.
    The only department where people did their jobs well was combat animation department.

Blog Entries
    I mean I agree to the overall sentiment, I just don't feel as strongly on this particular hiccup in the game. It's just that the story, the dialogue, the writing in general, is all so bad that this hardly evokes a serious response from me. Everything is all terribly stupid as it is, it barely makes a dent in the overall experience.

3H had also a narrator like any other FE, explaining where the plot is going instead of those unsettling pre chapter talks.
    2D models showing expressions were fine in any previous FE, two characters yelling at each other made more sense than the "let's gather to talk in the same room, then everyone joins his army's backline" which happens way too many times in Engage.

Blog Entries
    Doing random growths playthrough and taking notes for an ironman
    its possible to inherit 6x canto before ch10 and dogstealing is busted

If we forget about the required timewaste somniel is, do you have the knowledge about every uncertain thing? a dev team can change some mechanics previously unchanged because of oversight or a conscious choice.
    Here is an example of thoughts:
    • Confirmed empirically hit rate is still rolled before crit rate.
    • Xp gains seem affected by internal level, which means latepromoting is a mistake unlike previous fire emblem
    • Some reinforcements are infinite or pseudo-infinite, but how to stop these? being stationed on stairs, reaching a specific location? idk, especially for chapter25.
    • What is the ai turn order? despite apparently being able to move in any order, they sometimes act in an order like unit>boss>reinf, completely messing up their turn. They also try to hit seadall before anyone else.
    • Formation splitting with chloe and fogado was as effective as unexplainable, i really cant explain why some units prefer to follow them while others with same gear rush alear instead.

Blog Entries
    I dont see hit hitrate/critrate is relevant to overall gameplay. Strive to eliminate all rng entirely, get the best odds possible and then it does not matter how exactly rng works, you get what you get. I dont reallt care what sort of RN the game runs under the hood though people seem to think its fates rn system which is i think 2rn for 50+ hit and 1rn for <50;

Late-promoting being a mistake is easy to check by just going into a map, killing a unit, promoting, killing a unit, and then checking exp gains, but even without doing that it was obvious to me that late-promoting is a giant mistake on my first playthrough. I stuck to it anyway but it was pretty apparent. The only thing that is confusing is game recommendations going up to 20 base class and then only switching to advanced class but those are dodgy at best anyway so it does not matter;

Other than ch25 i have not seen infinite reinforcements anywhere (and 26). And in those chapters it does not matter because you are clearly meant to rush the boss. Also, there is no way to block reinforcements - standing on forts does not do that which you can test as early as ch4.

AI is actually pretty dumb and exploitable. They prioritize break a lot, they prioritize killing lyn clones over almost anything, they dont seem to be able to break obstacles to let other units move - they are more likely to only break them when its in the way of the unit itself and they have a target (though thats not always the case, so you generally should be careful with obstruct strategies). AI is completely unable to use fracture staves, it will cast then on armors and such. Their freeze targeting is also somewhat naive, as i think they will go for closer target other hitting multiple targets if its micaiah unit.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Citrine going "well, what is it?" whenever I talk to her while wearing sunglasses and the pimp coat has some big giantdad energy

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Doing random growths playthrough and taking notes for an ironman
    its possible to inherit 6x canto before ch10 and dogstealing is busted
    don't steal dogs wtf
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    is some stolen dogs too much of a price to pay for defeating the fell snek?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Other than ch25 i have not seen infinite reinforcements anywhere (and 26). And in those chapters it does not matter because you are clearly meant to rush the boss.
    If I had not saved my rescues/warps/rewarps throughout the run then I would have considered my save softlocked at 25 due to the infinite reinforcements triggering on turn (I think) 3, that was a real pet peeve and probably the biggest black stain on this game's record. Anyway, 99% of the difficulty that came from ch22 was a set of 3 knights that start to spawn every other turn after about 8 or so turns. It's also not easy to just cheese it with Micaiah warp strats because of the get-your-emblems gimmick, and they're definitely infinite or last for an absurd number of turns, even after I cleared all of the standard enemies they spawned again while I was getting in some staff uses to maximize my XP. Ch23 also has infinite reinforcements that start to spawn near Zephia and Griss.

And ofc the final boss's gimmick literally being "hurr durr rush it down before the infinite reinforcements overrun you" was not very interesting. I found fighting Veyle on 21 a much more interesting challenge just for her positioning and refusal to get off her avoid tiles. They definitely got lazy on the last few maps with how many they slapped a bunch of reinforcements into. That's without even really bringing up the normal reinforcements, who just feel like "got'chas" to eat your pulses. It became a game about never splitting the party because reinforcements could appear without warning anywhere and ruin any split up stragglers. Usually reinforcements make some amount of sense, with an in-story explanation to let you know it's going to happen. Lategame Engage just drops random groups of strong enemies near your party every other turn.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Surprising absolutely no one.

What makes him "creepy" or "disgusting"? That he... wants others to have rights?

Not sure what makes the other two linked "creepy" either. One is just being stupid, and the other is describing the job of a localizer. You don't think translators put out the final product on other games, do you? There's always an editor or localizer who fixes up wording, grammar, turns of phrases, etc.

If you don't like the way things are localized, go learn Japanese and play the original. Otherwise get the hell over it, no one wants to hear you constantly whine about not being able to romance an 11-year old.

Blog Entries
    You can literally switch the game to JP and not have to deal with this shit, and the shit English dub exists to encourage you to do so, who actually gives a fuck

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    What makes him "creepy" or "disgusting"? That he... wants others to have rights?

Not sure what makes the other two linked "creepy" either. One is just being stupid, and the other is describing the job of a localizer. You don't think translators put out the final product on other games, do you? There's always an editor or localizer who fixes up wording, grammar, turns of phrases, etc.

If you don't like the way things are localized, go learn Japanese and play the original. Otherwise get the hell over it, no one wants to hear you constantly whine about not being able to romance an 11-year old.
    Relevant to the game, so I'm gonna do it, anyway. Oh, I see, so you can get a job that you have no skills for (like knowing how to do basic translations), just because you have the "correct politics". Yes, that is disgusting. And the other screenshot shows what they think about sex appeal, given their distaste for Senran Kagura. LOL, "stop Asian hate", but continue hating Asian culture and quirks. OK. I don't need that hollow pity myself. So uh... If your order is to "get over it", know that I will never do so. Never gonna let go of that hate. Will continue culturalization hate.
    You can literally switch the game to JP and not have to deal with this shit, and the shit English dub exists to encourage you to do so, who actually gives a fuck
    That could easily be used as a reasoning for hating any sort of localization, which goes back to my previous point about Sakoku.

His job isn't translating, it's localizing. Again, they aren't the same thing. Localizing/editing is the step after translating.

And no, the disgusting thing is wanting to romance children. This isn't a "politics" thing, it's a basic human decency thing.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Then translating is the only valid part of that job, and I don't need curators of decency. So yes, given that it goes beyond the neutrality of direct translation, it is a "politics" thing. Funny. Nowadays, all politics can hide behind the mask of "basic human decency", while saying that "everything is political" is often an excuse to pressure a work to promote the "decent" politics.

Blog Entries
    I play the game in JP so none of this matters to me. I wouldn't even know about it if it weren't for you dumping it in the thread. I literally do not care, nor do I consider it relevant. Go tweet about it or something, this thread is about the game.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I play the game in JP so none of this matters to me. I wouldn't even know about it if it weren't for you dumping it in the thread. I literally do not care, nor do I consider it relevant. Go tweet about it or something, this thread is about the game.
    Like I said, "That could easily be used as a reasoning for hating any sort of localization, which goes back to my previous point about Sakoku." If not hating, then certainly, considering it unnecessary. Otherwise, what you do would result in the text not matching the dialogue in ways so obvious that even someone not fluent in Japanese, such as myself, would notice.

Speaking of the game, that skirmish I had on the Seadoll recruitment map became a breeze once I got the Micaiah ring back and just group rewarped the right side party to up up with the middle party.

Also, really hating the Leif ring. It's great for weapon proficiency, but my god Quad Hit is so freaking useless.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Speaking of the game, that skirmish I had on the Seadoll recruitment map became a breeze once I got the Micaiah ring back and just group rewarped the right side party to up up with the middle party.

Also, really hating the Leif ring. It's great for weapon proficiency, but my god Quad Hit is so freaking useless.
    Leif is the weakest emblem easily. I don't really think he has much value. Even the neat skill that autoswaps to have weapon triangle advantage just feels like if offers no value. I'm on and off with a new run on random growths and I plan to try to give him to Diamant to make him into a sick enemy phase unit who never gets broken but I don't expect it to work

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    Like I said, "That could easily be used as a reasoning for hating any sort of localization, which goes back to my previous point about Sakoku." If not hating, then certainly, considering it unnecessary. Otherwise, what you do would result in the text not matching the dialogue in ways so obvious that even someone not fluent in Japanese, such as myself, would notice.
    I don't give a fuck about your point, it's irrelevant. Stop shitting up the thread.