Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your video game Dethroning Moment of Suck

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your video game Dethroning Moment of Suck

In contrast to Mssrneko's other thread, tell us what has been your Dethroning Moment of Suck in a video game. What made you feel really down in the dumps after starting to get through the game in a groove? No need to be shy now.

DMOS: Castlevania 1 - I managed to brave through the Corridor of Death, going through the Medusa Heads and those uber-gay Axe Knights who just love to move backwards all the time. As I reached the boss room, I felt like I could take on somebody... until Death came and kicked my ass!!! That was the farthest I could reach in Castlevania on an actual NES game and I hardly got back there again.
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Blog Entries
    DMOS: Getting through and getting 100% complete in Soul Calibur III, only to have the infamous save glitch erase my save file soon after.

Blog Entries
    Losing an entire PS2 Memory card, the one that housed my 100% Kingdom Hearts, my Final Fantasy 10, my Bouncer, and my Xenosaga, to infernal corrupted data. The whole card turned into nasty gray blocks of useless.

I raged. Really Raged.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Chaos Greyblood's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    WOW, guys. I really feel bad about that. Seriously.

DMOS: Being defeated by Dan Hibiki in any of his incarnations. Just kidding! In reality, it was getting killed a lot by one of the Shadows in DMC1 on Hard. And I was just feeling good about myself after beating it on Normal too...
    It's easy to believe in ideals, but it's harder to keep them when things go bad.

Hey, guys! Come visit Chaos Greyblood's Fanfiction Idea thread! Let us create stories and worlds together. :3
    Follow me on Twitter!
    DA FINGAAAALAAAAZAR!!!
    DAT SEXY VICTORY POSE!
    Fanfic project No. 1: The Hell Biker

Sucky moment of Suck: Getting a certificate for getting all 150 pokemon in Red. Getting blue shelled in any Mario Kart game. Fucking scruby blue shells.

Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    For me, having a hard drive completely short out on me and losing all of my personal data, video game, financial, or otherwise.

Doesn't get much worse than that.

But as for an actual video game experience, I think there was one time where a game actually made me throw my controller or mouse. Can't remember what it was, though...
    Last edited by mewarmo990; May 18th, 2011 at 02:57 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Going through the entire 30 floors and bonus bosses up until that point in Etrian Odyssey 2, only to have my entire party wipe out in a single attack from the final bonus boss. Then going to re-challenge it after spending about 20 hours remaking my party and getting that entire party killed in one hit by a random encounter.

Another was back when I managed to get 100% on every mission in Mega Man Zero for the GBA, was playing on a GBA SP, and when I saw that final 100%, I got really excited and did guts-pose, but that ended up jerking the SP's hinge enough that it snapped off and I couldn't save afterwards.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... In Persona 4 I beat the Teddy boss which took me about 30 minutes in all because I had no idea what I was up against and was sort of adapting as best I could without knowing what he was capable of. I eventually beat him and then went on to do another 30 minutes of S-link stuff. Then by accident I hit accept to an option that I didn't even read. Then realized I really didn't want to do that... Turns out my save was before the Teddy boss... reloaded anyway.

Blog Entries
    In Red Dead Redemption, I was going for the Dastardly Achievement. That's the one where you tie up a woman and put her on the train tracks and the train hits her. So I ran into town and kidnapped a lady and escaped. I then tracked down the train and worked on getting in front of it far enough to set up the evil deed. Little did I know that I had somehow circled around to the town I had kidnapped her from... Within moments of getting off my horse, there were guys pouring out of the town and shooting at me.

I got into a huge gunfight with them after putting the woman down on the tracks that took some time. After I finally had fought enough of them off, I turned around... to see that someone had freakin rescued the woman. If that wasn't enough, here comes the train and randomly my horse decides to end it all and walks out in front of it. VAPORIZED. Ugh...

The Great Challenge of Our Time

Quote Originally Posted by KENTA View Post
    Was important to me...........
    Quote Originally Posted by lilithsama View Post
    anal is what's important to you?
    nice priorities =_=
    It's not important to you?

Thanks to TheSpy for the Sig pic~

LOAD "*" ,8,1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadBuster View Post
    In Red Dead Redemption, I was going for the Dastardly Achievement. That's the one where you tie up a woman and put her on the train tracks and the train hits her. So I ran into town and kidnapped a lady and escaped. I then tracked down the train and worked on getting in front of it far enough to set up the evil deed. Little did I know that I had somehow circled around to the town I had kidnapped her from... Within moments of getting off my horse, there were guys pouring out of the town and shooting at me.

I got into a huge gunfight with them after putting the woman down on the tracks that took some time. After I finally had fought enough of them off, I turned around... to see that someone had freakin rescued the woman. If that wasn't enough, here comes the train and randomly my horse decides to end it all and walks out in front of it. VAPORIZED. Ugh...
    That must've sucked rather badly. ^_^

Another one: Getting about 98% of Etrian Odyssey 2 beat/found/etc, including hidden bosses, then suffered a corrupt save and lost it all.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE, did I ever friggin' rage.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blue's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well if its rage inducing, I have one. I went over to my friend's place for a small LAN thing. Messed around a couple hours on random games and then at about 6pm "Hey, let's play Borderlands for a bit". I was still new to Borderlands at this point, so we all started new characters and shit. Made a level 2 Lilith in single player and got to Zed. Everyone did the same thing. Then we started the game up together and began our grand quest.

It was pretty funny just goofing off and basically racing each other to quest points in the game. Found a sweet Volcano sniper that sort of just raped everything at about level 25. Anyway at about 2am one of the two decided to crash for the night. He left his comp on since it was the host and had all the missions. So we continued onward and made it to the final boss at about 6am. Level 33. Walk in, game crashes. Aww, well shit. Oh well Borderlands autosaves right? Friend loads his game. Yup, his Mordecai is in tact. Load mine... waitaminute! Level 2 Lilith? What is this? *sob cry*

Blog Entries
    I'm sure worse things have happened to me, but all that springs to mind is the time I spent, like, an hour fighting some boss in Xenosaga 2 (think I was probably under-leveled?) and then the game froze right as I was about to land the killing blow. Never finished the game or the series after that.

Blog Entries
    there was a glitch in the ps2 version of prince of Persia warrior within that resulted in a complete corruption if you saved before fighting the final boss

every save on my card got corrupted, never replayed, never finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Fire Emblem and Tales of Innocence sometimes.

I ALWAYS FIND SOME WAY TO LOSE MY DATA IN THAT SHIT ;_;

But thanks to that, I've beaten those games like, what a thousand times?

Also, Radiant Mythology 3. When I finally get around a 500-hit combo, the AI just suddenly decides to stop attacking and leaves me to get raped by the boss.

Also, any game where, when I am going to do an epic finish/ultimate attack/whatever when the enemy is in Low HP for drama effect, suddenly it misses or something of the like. RAAAAAAAAAAGE.
    <Spinach> Yes Verg
    <Spinach> I need this
    <Spinach> Yessss

<Satehi> don't do it malgos
    <Satehi> don't
    <Satehi> yamete

<@RacingeR> Laputa would only fit if it was Kratos

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    I bought Record of Agarest War.

I fail pretty hard.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    I bought Record of Agarest War.

I fail pretty hard.
    You're not the only one, and yet I'm still trying. DAMN YOU TO HELL IDEA FACTORY! STOP MAKING BATTLES SO DAMN COMPLICATED AND DIFFICULT!

Space Conquistador
    Blog Entries
    AND STOP MAKING SO FUCKING MANY! WHY DO YOU HAVE 20 BATTLES BETWEEN UNIMPORTANT SCENES!?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Someone should make a thread about the various moments as a gamer they have seen and were angry as a result.

Anyway, Here's two more: Chakan the Forever Man (Sega Genesis): Died approximately 300 times! (literally) I counted. I wanted to break that game so bad.
    Hyperdimension Neptunia: Might not count as Dethroning, but i might as well say it. WHY in the all that is gaming did I have to go through hell to obtain three more goddesses at the NEAR THE VERY LAST PART OF THE GAME!?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Not fail/suck, but rather rage-inducing: The DS version of Final Fantasy IV is Really Fucking Hard.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Rather than the games themselves causing rage, it's more me being a dumbass. Like that time I was wrestling with a cousin while playing on my first DS, and a knee completely shattered the top screen.