Page 241 of 302 FirstFirst ... 141191231236239240241242243246251291 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    only thing I grinded for was DEF for Edelgard, so yeah got lucky.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I feel like Edelgard would really get along with Tanya (Youjo Senki), though I doubt Tanya would get along with Nemesis because, you know, Liberation with a capital L = Communism, and see Tanya's anti-Commie speech in the movie.

Had time to get back into my Crimson Flower playthrough. Finally got to the timeskip, and on the month where they're touting the clash against Dimitri. Gotta say... I was really liking the game pre-time skip, but feeling underwhelmed now. It just feels super rushed. Claude taken out in 2 battles, Dimitri seems like he'll be gone quickly too. Even if the story keeps going, things are going way too fast.As for units, my Swordmaster Petra is impressing me, and sword maiden Byleth (or whatever the class is called) is basically a one-person army. Lys basically melts everything. Edelgard is unimpressive if you didn't get her defense to massive levels.Also, what's this about a dancer battalion?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I think that's mostly a CF problem, since it's about 4 chapters shorter than all the other routes. Also, there are numerous dancer battalions you can get that will refresh all units in range. They usually require high levels of authority to actually use, but you can hire them really at any time, though that PROBABLY depends on Professor Level. Also, I know for sure that to get the Mittelfrank Opera Company Volunteers you need to have Dorothea or Manuela visit the Opera House during the battle in Enbarr, and you will get them after the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Remember when I kept talking about Sothis possibly doing the Helga thing from Dies Irae. Well...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Had time to get back into my Crimson Flower playthrough. Finally got to the timeskip, and on the month where they're touting the clash against Dimitri. Gotta say... I was really liking the game pre-time skip, but feeling underwhelmed now. It just feels super rushed. Claude taken out in 2 battles, Dimitri seems like he'll be gone quickly too. Even if the story keeps going, things are going way too fast.As for units, my Swordmaster Petra is impressing me, and sword maiden Byleth (or whatever the class is called) is basically a one-person army. Lys basically melts everything. Edelgard is unimpressive if you didn't get her defense to massive levels.Also, what's this about a dancer battalion?
    Crimson Flower is the shorter one but your sentiment will probably be true even for other routes

and you are not supposed to keep Edelgard in her class, put her in an offensive class to capitalize on her retard strength
    also i hear she makes a decent mage
    other than that sounds like typical Hard difficulty playthrough

Dancer batallion is not available in CF so nevermind
    BL has their own batallion for free i think, and BL / VW / SS you can get it on Enbarr map fulfilling Dorothea / Manuela sidequest on that map
    Its op as fuck, it refreshes up to 4 units
    (including your own dancer if you put them right)

Yeah, you can hire the BL dancing battalion any time you wish.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Despite what people say about Crimson Flower, honestly, it should have been what Cao Pi's path in Warriors Orochi should have been like:

Cao Pi, in his greatness, willingly works with the villain of the arc only to betray said villain when it's convenient for him. However, just like classic Star Wars, no one important dies during these campaigns (stormtroopers are great shots when aiming for common rebel soldiers). Meanwhile, Edelgard's work with the Slitherers does result in important officers dying (at least, the ones whom you do not recruit).

Okay, finally finished Crimson Flower, which was my first route. Will place impressions in a spoiler box below. I want to start another run for Golden Deer, but not sure if I want to do that now or wait for future DLC to hit since it took me this long to beat my first route as is. Though I guess with NG+ and generally knowing what I'm doing, future runs will go more quickly.

Impressions
    I really enjoyed the pre-time skip story. It felt like a slow burn, but everything was slowly building and it felt natural and well told, like a proper story. Then the time skip happened and everything went south. They never really explained how Byleth survived, Sothis just sort of popped up again for that one scene to awaken you, and then the war goes by super fast with each major faction only lasting like 2 battles. It completely destroyed the entire premise of introducing battalions to make it feel like a real war. Then it kept bringing up plot points like "those who slither in the dark" and never responded to them other in the epilogue to be like, "Yeah, we dealt with them, no biggy." I'm not even sure where the non-leader/vice-leader Golden Deer units were, as I never recruited Raphael or Marianne, yet neither showed up later.

Props: Lysethia - She melted everything prior to the final boss as if it were nothing. Massive magic, respectable speed, and strong spells. Plus, she had utility with Warp. Glad I paired her with Lynhardt so that she could have a survival ending.

Petra - I had her benched until I started reaching late 20s in average level and brought her in to be just a thief. She turned into an amazing Swordmaster who was already a top unit, and then once I killed Catherine and gave her the Thunderbrand she just shredded through Rhea's health like it was nothing. If I had thought about giving her a Brave Sword earlier, she might've actually overcome Lysethia for my most useful unit.

Byleth - Was a top unit, and that was with me screwing her stats by constantly switching back and forth between melee and magic classes. Don't try to go hybrid, just pick one and go all-in (melee seems better for 'em). Though I barely used the Sword of the Creator. Maybe if I had focused more on melee. Also probably should've gotten her a Brave Sword for the final battle.

Ingrid - I don't think I've ever had such a fast, tanky dancer in a Fire Emblem game before. She couldn't hit worth a damn, but I had no fear just letting her sit wherever she needed to sit after dancing someone. She'd either tank the hit and take 20% or less of her health in damage, or just dodge it entirely.

Slops: Edelgard - Got horridly speed screwed, and her defense was moderate at best. When you can't prevent doubles and can't really take a hit too well, you aren't going to be too useful. She was a superstar early game when stats were still low, but by the end she didn't really do much without being super babysat by healers.

Ferdinand - I still don't know whether you're supposed to be Axe/Armor or Lance/Horse.

Dorothea - I can tell you have the potential to be a monstrous utility black mage, but your stat gains were so bad you basically did nothing offensively except cast Meteor after level 25.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If Dorothea get stat screwed you can always have her dance
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

She'll always be a good magetank, though.

Mine wasn't. Guess she got screwed there too. Sub-30 resistance is bad.

Though thinking about it, I think only Byleth and Lynhardt wound up with 30+ resistance in my run.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I believe Flayn has the highest average resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Probably, but Dorothea's is perfectly good, especially in the beginning.

Started my fresh Maddening run for that super awesome, totally not half-assed title screen unlock. Went Blue Lions since I saw a bunch of people advocating for them, and I can see why. Dedue is SUPER useful early on. Not sure how long that will last, but we'll see.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Hey I have problem with Echoes. I'm fighting King of Thieves right now, but he just keep sending me skeleton and the Miasma keep healing the archers at the other side of the wall. What should I do?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Hm, Grieth was a bit of challenge for me if I remember correctly. As for what to do, I really can't give much advice. Maybe Invoke might help, at least for distraction's sake?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    Hey I have problem with Echoes. I'm fighting King of Thieves right now, but he just keep sending me skeleton and the Miasma keep healing the archers at the other side of the wall. What should I do?
    Invoke to draw their fire and then kill every long distance fighter/cantor/healer with your mages and archers. Leave Tanks to hold the Skeletons in place if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by GDB View Post
    Started my fresh Maddening run for that super awesome, totally not half-assed title screen unlock. Went Blue Lions since I saw a bunch of people advocating for them, and I can see why. Dedue is SUPER useful early on. Not sure how long that will last, but we'll see.
    I'm playing both NG+ Hard Classic Blue Lions and Fresh maddening Church route. All I can say is Thank Sothis for Hp+5 and Training Weapons (and Mini-Bows) being cheap early on because if you don't abuse the heck out of Combat Arts, you will lose someone to Kosta's map. I have never played a longer, more cautious game than that one because I still had Level 1 units and my strongest was Byleth at Level 5 while their units went up to Level 9 with an average of 7. I had to reset to not lose anyone.

And now I have to do Lord Lonato.
    Last edited by Twi; October 6th, 2019 at 07:43 PM.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

I just did that map Friday night. It took like 36 turns of me just baiting whatever enemies were moving at the time into hitting Dedue and then unloading on two of them, making sure the third one couldn't kill anyone on the subsequent turn (via bottlenecks). I'm about to do the mission on the month after, and I have Byleth, Dimitri, Dedue, Felix, and Sylvain at level 5. Everyone else is between 1 and 3 still. Luckily I'm taking Lysethia with me to bond her up, and she can do some great immediate damage.

Also got up to Faith D on Ashe, so he's... helping Mercedes heal and getting some gimme exp. We'll see how bad this mission is. Hopefully I didn't muck up my exp gains, but at least Sylvain has high STR and Dedue has respectable DEF and somehow he's also one of my fastest units (10 SPD at level 5, which is... more than everyone except Byleth and maybe Felix atm).

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Hm, Grieth was a bit of challenge for me if I remember correctly. As for what to do, I really can't give much advice. Maybe Invoke might help, at least for distraction's sake?
    Ah thanks, it works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    Invoke to draw their fire and then kill every long distance fighter/cantor/healer with your mages and archers. Leave Tanks to hold the Skeletons in place if you can.

Thanks. It works, manage to go backdoor and melee them to death, while mages take care the skeletons
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet