Page 173 of 302 FirstFirst ... 73123163168171172173174175178183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Malgos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Send me a PM
    I like Zephiel, but then again I have a bias for the Elibe games and especially six. Speaking of which I liked that Fates allowed you to choose the countries of the old games as your country.

Blog Entries
    >not mentioning Alvis or Manfloy
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    who?

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Manfroy is too generic bwa ha ha ha evil for my tastes. Blah blah priest of evil god blah. There's literally one in every Fire Emblem game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Getting skills through street pass is the easiest way of going about these things. Especially with all the 'skill shops.'
    That's right. I keep forgetting about this, even though this is why my Corrin currently has Lethality.

But honestly I think the marriage system in Fates ruined the story. All the kids were pretty much gag characters, and the parent characters were incredibly one-trick-ponies personality-wise; Not interesting enough to feel very much for them with a few exceptions.
    I liked Ophilia and Shiro- they were good units and didn't feel like rehashes of Awakening characters like the kids in Birthright did and not the what the hell where they thinking with Soliel. Also, Forrest is a goddamn waist.

I used Rajhat quite a bit, but she kind of upset me because she was like this version of Tharja with all of her good qualities taken away and the creep amped up to 11. Also liked Asaugi, but then again he was just Giaus, who I enjoyed as well. However Street Punk Ninja and Prodigal Royalty bros to the end.

Hell, Anankos wasn't even as impressive as Grima. Though let's face it, Grima was pretty much an apocalypse with wings, fangs, claws and a malicious personality. He was no Black Knight, but he was still amazing. That scene in the broken future, when you see his whole body, and it's bigger than the entire city, forget the castle. That had an impact. He's both evil, and so big, that if you cut him, you'll need something a lot longer than Falchion if you're hoping to make him bleed. Seriously, who else thought to themselves: 'Oh, dear god, I'm supposed to defeat that?!'
    Honestly, I prefer Awakening's story and characters as a whole. Plus the whole kid system works beautifully there over, "Whelp, didn't use birth control, let's send our kid to the deep realms."

When I saw Grima with that flashback, my first thought was, "YOU LEAVE MY WIAFU ALONE!" then it became, "Fuck, I've got OP Owain, Tharja and Henry. I've got this." Even though on my second playthrough I planed it out so Lucy would be the one to kill Grima.

And yes, Lucy is my Wifeu and Tharja's Best Girl.

https://www.amazon.com/-/es/Jennifer...language=en_US

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername
    Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Manfroy is too generic bwa ha ha ha evil for my tastes. Blah blah priest of evil god blah. There's literally one in every Fire Emblem game.
    I include Manfloy because of his actually twisted sinister plot.

Alvis, on the other hand, is a good complex villain imo.

@laith: FE4
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Manfroy is good because he actually succeeda. At least until he decides it'd be better to hypnotize Julia rather than outright killing her and keeping her from using the Book of Naga.

Personally when it comes to diabolical sorcerors I prefer the original flavor: Gharnef.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    Oh, the Black Knight. You mean that guy that was a total dick in Path of Radiance but then they tried to convince you he wasn't a bad guy in Radiant Dawn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    no I'm pretty sure he was still a dick and a bad guy in RD
    he was just sometimes in your side
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    I've only played Awakening and Conquest myself so I can't comment as much - in terms of raw visual power Grima takes the cake as a city sized dragon whose torso constitutes as the freakin' map of the final chapter.

In terms of story I would say (this might sound like a cop out) but the player character in Conquest would appear to be this to the people of Hoshido - they're hardly villains as a whole and every fight against one of the Hoshidan siblings felt like a real gut punch. And it works, the long list sibling rediscovered only to betray them to Nohr, a country already responsible for many atrocities.

Also as I've only played conquest of the fates trilogy, is it worth getting Birthright? I know I need to for Revelations but is it worth the monies?
    Birthright and Revelations were fine, but I'd recommend that you just watch them on YouTube if you want to know what happens. And no, other than the very brief variation on it in the introduction, you still don't hear the Fire Emblem theme anywhere in the game up until the last fifteen seconds of Revelations.

The final levels of Birthright and Revelations are also startlingly easy. Nothing on Awakening and certainly not Path of Radience. I couldn't finish that game at all without losing a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    That's right. I keep forgetting about this, even though this is why my Corrin currently has Lethality.

I liked Ophilia and Shiro- they were good units and didn't feel like rehashes of Awakening characters like the kids in Birthright did and not the what the hell where they thinking with Soliel. Also, Forrest is a goddamn waist.

I used Rajhat quite a bit, but she kind of upset me because she was like this version of Tharja with all of her good qualities taken away and the creep amped up to 11. Also liked Asaugi, but then again he was just Giaus, who I enjoyed as well. However Street Punk Ninja and Prodigal Royalty bros to the end.
    Ophelia and Shiro were surprisingly different, though I liked Soleil despite her weird bullshit. I had mixed feelings about Forrest. Either way, the only characters that I cared about at all after the game ended were Severa, Owain, Inigo, Azura, and their kids. I guess I still kinda liked Felicia. (Jakob always felt like Walter C. Dornez-lite.)

I agree, Rajhat was Tharja but without any redeeming quirks or interesting implied backstory. Same with Caeldori. Cordelia was so amazing, and they stripped her of the PTSD, guilt, regret and everything else that added depth to her character and turned her into a full-on gag. Asugi, well, I passed on getting him. He seemed miscast in his role as Saizo's son.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Honestly, I prefer Awakening's story and characters as a whole. Plus the whole kid system works beautifully there over, "Whelp, didn't use birth control, let's send our kid to the deep realms."

When I saw Grima with that flashback, my first thought was, "YOU LEAVE MY WIAFU ALONE!" then it became, "Fuck, I've got OP Owain, Tharja and Henry. I've got this." Even though on my second playthrough I planed it out so Lucy would be the one to kill Grima.

And yes, Lucy is my Wifeu and Tharja's Best Girl.
    It also helps that Naga and Tiki have Rachel Alucard's voice.

I always pair Robin with Cordelia. I had considered Tharja, but I love Morgan with red hair. Severa also looks good in silver. If only the Halberdier class still existed... Severa would have been the ultimate Tsundere!? *and then Draconic failed to flee in time to avoid Tohsaka doing this to him: *

As for the Deeprealms...
    Let's face it Intelligent Systems, whoever came up with that bullshizzle is dumb.

My OPs were Lucina, Cordelia, Sumia, Severa and Morgan. Pretty much, if they rode a Pegasus for even five minutes, they'd one-hit Ashnard without needing special weapons. They just kill evil men by expressing their disappointment in them.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Hell, Anankos wasn't even as impressive as Grima. Though let's face it, Grima was pretty much an apocalypse with wings, fangs, claws and a malicious personality. He was no Black Knight, but he was still amazing. That scene in the broken future, when you see his whole body, and it's bigger than the entire city, forget the castle. That had an impact. He's both evil, and so big, that if you cut him, you'll need something a lot longer than Falchion if you're hoping to make him bleed. Seriously, who else thought to themselves: 'Oh, dear god, I'm supposed to defeat that?!'
    Grima was an apocalypse with wings, fangs, claws, and a malicious personality, but he couldn't survive two rounds of combat with a half decent unit.

Looking really cool doesn't mean much when you suck more than every vacuum cleaner on the planet put together.

But in serious discussion about best villains in the series: Sacred Stones has hands down the best villains, Jugdral Saga gets an honorable mention.
    My copy of Sacred stones would delete all it's data once I got to chapter 15 or something. After playing through the early game three times I just gave up on complementing it.

Personally when it comes to diabolical sorcerors I prefer the original flavor: Gharnef.
    Gharnef was alright but loses points for being so stupid in the original version of the game.

"hahaha you'll never find out which copy is the real me and find the Falchion"
    >Checks inventory of the one who was talking.
    >It's the only one with Falchion.
    really
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Achilles = You were forced to read the Iliad in high school. Oddessyus was cooler. You still cannot spell Odysseus.

Blog Entries
    I just reclassed Mozo as an Archer. She's now usable! I think she'll make a kick ass Bird Rider when it's time to Master Seal her.

Also . . . Kaze is growing on me. Still does shit leveling though.

Forest is a vampire who's a bit too good for her own good and doesn't know when to leave things alone. Armed with a ridiculously large hand gun, martial arts skills, a bitching pony car, and a love for pop culture she fights the forces of evil. Urban Fantasy 80's Style.

Elfgasm: The phenomenon that occurs among the general populace whenever a certain user who has been claimed to wear jackboots and is pointy-eared posts an idea or updates and is met with majority approval to the point of near-zeal as a result of said poster's popularity with the writing crowd.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    IMO you need to get Life or Death on him ASAP because he does godawful damage without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    The best FE villain is Ashnard. He's not actually trying to conquer the world, he doesn't have a tragic backstory, he's not a cultist, he's literally trying to unleash a god of darkness on the planet because he's bored and thinks it'd be hilarious.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You've got a point.
    As for you, Ramen… well, you have a point too, but by that point in Awakening, half-decent typically means, OP-multiple-reclass-bullshit.
    F/GO Supports

Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    IMO you need to get Life or Death on him ASAP because he does godawful damage without it.
    In Birthright the only ninja I used regularly before I got the kids was Titty Ninja, because I married her to Takumi (Which I regret, she and Ryoma are better suited for each other.) because Takumi was one of my mains and they had a good support bonus with each other. Plus his crit percentage when he became sniper was ridiculous. Like he was critting left and right.

Asuagi, with his mom as Sakura, actually had really good growth and I ended up using him more than his dad or uncle. Not to mention with him inheriting Sakura's magic stat his Flame Shurikian damage was primo.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    While I don't hate on Takumi like I've seen some people, he's still Shinon-lite.

Unlike Takumi, Shinon acts like he doesn't give a crap, but when it really comes down to it… he still doesn't give a crap.
    Takumi secretly cares. I like the tailor-girl though.

Did anyone else marry Inigo to Azura for the dancing/singing relationship?
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    I married Azura to Arthur because it was the one support of Arthur's that wasn't purely comedic. It was actually serious and touching. Inigo/Laslow ended up marrying Felicia in mine because I was running out of girls.

However, Lucy x Inigo is my second fave paring with Lucina after LucinaxMaleRobin of course.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Robin/Cordelia forever!
    I don't really know who I'd pair Lucy with. I just know that I want Severa to fall for Owain. Because fun. And kinda cute, I guess.
    F/GO Supports

Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    My Saizo continues to be amazing, everyone else gets 2 point levels. Fuck my actual run, it's almost just "Saizo deal with it"

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, if anyone cares, the first part of Shouzou Kaga's new game Vestaria Saga came out a few days ago. Here's the link to the free download: http://site.wepage.com/vestariasaga/page5-02

It's pretty good. Music is good, art is really good, and the overall style is kind of like a mix of the SNES and GBA graphics.
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Robin/Cordelia forever!
    I don't really know who I'd pair Lucy with. I just know that I want Severa to fall for Owain. Because fun. And kinda cute, I guess.
    CordeliaxGregor! Or CordeliaxLonQui!

Honestly, I'm not really fond of Cordy; she's kind of a bitch really. Love her design, hate her character. Funnily enough, I'm not overly fond of Tharja's design but she's probably my favorite character in Awakening.

See, Sevvy x Owain is literally Tsundere with Chunni and it's cute, even though I like how she pesters Gerome to take his mask off in their supports.

However Henry x Lissa has become my OTP of Awakening. And if you level them right, Owain is pretty much unstoppable.