Page 270 of 302 FirstFirst ... 170220260265268269270271272275280 ... LastLast
Results 5,381 to 5,400 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Fair point. I think Echoes did a decent job cutting back on the potential romantic supports after Fates overdid it for everyone, but then it went too far by not giving characters who should by all rights have had any supports none. Three Houses has added more, but also kept everyone's number of paired endings fairly reasonable.

Also, I think if Binding Blade is remade, we're not getting nearly as ugly a Gonzalez. Also, Bantu in Heroes still doesn't look great, so there's hope on that front?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    FE3 is what I'd call the first truly good Fire Emblem. It codified the series' identity and was a giant hit. Sure, you don't have support convos and characters aren't very deep, but they didn't need to be. The gameplay and story are solid and enjoyable from start to finish. It's not too hard, not too easy, has tons of weird things to do and cool secrets, and even lets you play around and make your favourite unit a god by stacking growth-improving items on them. It's just a great time overall.

FE12 is worse because the things it changes and adds are not very good. Kris is a leech on the game. Their side plot sucks and doesn't fit the tone of the story, and it also takes the focus away from Marth and the game's main plot. The changes to the original game's plot were also largely detrimental, like Michalis suddenly surviving his death and joining your crew for no reason, which completely undermines his original death by redemption. The support convos are also hit and miss. Some are good, some are meh.

FE12's gameplay changes also largely made the game worse. Increased movement ranges for everyone for no reason made the carefully designed maps worse because they were designed for specific units with specific movement ranges. Free reclassing broke unit balance and killed unit identity, taking away units' niches. They added waaaaay too many additional and mostly useless characters that serve as pointless filler, whereas in FE3 every unit was at least usable. Weapon weight was removed, which also killed weapon balance and gave no reason to ever not just upgrade to steel and silver, while also making javelins OP again after FE3 balanced them by giving them 20 weight so your AS would always be 0. The game introduced 2RN, upped every weapon's accuracy, and lowered the impact of terrain without considering how that'd change balance, thereby removing dodging as an option for players, making low defense units like swordmasters nearly unusable and turning the game a giant puzzle. It also made Bantu unusable for no reason which I am very mad about. I can keep going but I won't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nacho the Doritosedge View Post
    Honestly this just reminds me of my actual greatest criticism of modern day fire emblem games.

With everyone needing to be romanceable, we don't get to have """ugly""" characters anymore, like giga old men or Based Chad Gonzalez, because everyone needs to be generally appealing. Actual irreversible damage done to the series.

I will never be able to romance and breed with a Bantu-like in a modern game, and that's really unfortunate.

I want more old men with beards in heavy armor.

Or old ladies.

They'd better not make Niime hot and young in an FE6 remake I swear to

Blog Entries
    Honestly this just reminds me of my actual greatest criticism of modern day fire emblem games.

With everyone needing to be romanceable, we don't get to have """ugly""" characters anymore, like giga old men or Based Chad Gonzalez, because everyone needs to be generally appealing. Actual irreversible damage done to the series.

I will never be able to romance and breed with a Bantu-like in a modern game, and that's really unfortunate.
    RAPHAEL BEEN OUT

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    thats because everyone who says that is in denial
    they should give up and embrace the frog
    People out here calling the frog's outfit bad

Like literally look at Edelgard, look at her

Those shiny red leggings are unacceptable

Cute Boy Who Likes To Show Off Nacho the Doritosedge's Avatar
    FE6 remake with beautified Gonzalez and Niime using her magic to look young and hot sounds incredibly cursed.

I will be upset if that becomes the case.

I hope Niime stays a snappy old lady as well, but she could still be a silver vixen and that'd be fine.

Also, Gonzalez would automatically be beautified because the original concept art of Binding Blade sucked ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post

First time I've heard that take. Personally, I think they add character.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    RAPHAEL BEEN OUT
    I also find him unattractive but I'll make the bold claim that he's not ugly ENOUGH

I'm talking Gonzalez the half human half gorilla half rock

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree with the concept art being ass but if the art gets better I want them to UGLIFY Gonzalez for the sake of his characterization

Again, that concept art did no one any favors, and I think Gonzalez was supposed to be a hunk with an unattractive face like Raphael is.

- - - Updated - - -

The only way I think they should uglify Gonzalez is to make his initial art dirtier as is befitting a guy who basically lived on the outskirts of civilization.

Blog Entries

leggings are a statement, its by design and its beautiful

Bro why would they ever Beautify this, he's already beautiful, on the inside, because his face looks like he was hit by a paddle daily for 15 years

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is irrefutable proof that the new FE designers hate beards. Claude's doesn't count, it's a barely-there chinstrap.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Your choices do not matter in Fire Emblem, outside of picking between two units or two directions to go on a minor route split for gameplay purposes.
    Seems like a silly argument to make now, when the majority of discussion around FE is centered on the different routes of the latest entry and choice is the better one. A system entirely reliant on having a player avatar choosing a side.
    Other than that I agree with your take on Avatars though.

Hanneman's also doesn't count, it's too... gentlemanly.

I need the wilderness reborn unto a man's chin.

Bro why would they ever Beautify this, he's already beautiful, on the inside, because his face looks like he was hit by a paddle daily for 15 years
    This is fine, and this is what I meant by the fact that the artstyle would beautify him.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

If only...

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    This is irrefutable proof that the new FE designers hate beards. Claude's doesn't count, it's a barely-there chinstrap.
    Claude's beard is great, and I know quite a few guys who can't even grow that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hanneman's also doesn't count, it's too... gentlemanly.

I need the wilderness reborn unto a man's chin.
    That just gives me sympathy itches.

Also, what are you calling modern here? We do have some fairly magnificent beards from the GBA entries.

I hate to be the one to say this, but, the GBA is over 20 years old. It's safe to say it doesn't qualify for modernity.

I'd like to say the 3DS games are the start of "modern FE", since that was FE's jump into being huge, and some of the design aspects of awakening have been following the series since.

Fair. Then again, I think Heroes also counts as modern, and we got some pretty thick beards there.

Blog Entries
    Also, on an unrelated note, I have a fix to the Byleth clothing issue: make M!Byleth skimpier. Tear off his sleeves and like half his shirt or something. He's a mercenary. Have you seen FE Mercenaries? Half of them go completely shirtless. That way he'll match F!Byleth.
    M!Byleth will never match F!Byleth, because having a game in which Edelgard lusts after her big tiddy frog is so much funnier and therefore better than having to stare at the fucking mbyleth mug all day.
    MByleth is the design thats fucked up, could've at least look like Jeralt.
    I guess Sothis route could've saved him though, but we just cant have everything. Could've had made it as a dlc and sell it at the full price and would've probably made 50%-100% more profit Nintendo, what the fuck.

So Female Byleth looking like Sitri isn't a problem while Male Byleth doing so is? What a surprise, another shitty take.