Page 238 of 302 FirstFirst ... 138188228233236237238239240243248288 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,760 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    How many playthroughs will I have to do now...? I'm probably going to replay GD at least 3 times with all these new additions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    So DLC outline has been released
    https://serenesforest.net/2019/09/20...tsu-guidebook/

Jeritza being playable seems like it should have been in the base game honestly. Especially in the Empire route.
    Spoiler:
    Apparently, the Death Knight is polite enough to apologize to Manuela in that route.
    Also, I see new outfit for Sothis, but still no news about her being playable? At least, some more cutscenes so that she gets more screen time? Basically, she should be like Helga from Dies Irae. Every iteration of the story has her appear more and more. Initially, Helga could not physically manifest. Interview with Kaziklu Bey has her physically manifest only when Wilhelm uses the highest magnitude of his Briah (the self-destructive sort). The anime has her manifest every time Wilhelm uses any magnitude of Briah, and I'm pretty sure when he is using Yetzirah, too.
    Anyway, the reason that I'm here is 2-fold. First of all, another Dies Irae reference. Female Byleth's dub voice is the same as Rusalka's dub voice. Professor Schwagelin, anyone? Secondly, I must ask. No matter who you pick in-game to do the dance quest, in the event viewer, the choice is always set to your house leader with no option to change it there, right?

Blog Entries
    >101 crit Caspar before wrath
    neat

>70 Crit Wyvern Lord Petra with Alert Stance+ and hammer relic

what have i done

One-turned Fort Merceus with glorious 207 Sublime Heaven critical vs DK
    since its not really grindable map anyways
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; September 21st, 2019 at 01:10 PM.

I know everyone's super excited about playable Jeritza and all, but honestly, I do not like the guy. He is absolutely despicable.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I know everyone's super excited about playable Jeritza and all, but honestly, I do not like the guy. He is absolutely despicable.
    More like, they want that edgy Death Knight armor, like Edelgard's Flame Emperor armor.

True. Honestly though, I'm not sure it's really worth it for me to recruit the guy who's perfectly willing to kill his own students.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh, also, about my question in regards to the dance cutscene in event viewer...

Not actually sure, since I haven't looked at the White Heron Cup in Event Viewer...

マリーの味方
    Spoiler:
    idk who plays d&D here but this is great and completely accurate

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's because he's Char Aznable. And Char sells.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Spoiler:
    idk who plays d&D here but this is great and completely accurate
    Wow, that IS on the nose. Kind of want to see how the other houses translate now.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I agree, especially want to see a Golden Deer D&D session setup. Claude as GM/DM would be...interesting to say the least.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Honestly what the hell where they thinking when they decided you dont get to BTFO the mole people in edelgards route? In other routes huberts like “oh shiiiid you killed us before we were done with our stuff, well heres this list of dudes please kill em for us lol much appreciated”. But then when you actually play as them you dont get to bust into their neet basement and slaughter them.
    A) You get the "PS. Do these guys in kthkbye" after the war, when they are no longer in their alliance.

B) The narrative climax of Crimson Flower is, well, what happens on the last map and the whole structure of chapters 16 to 18 is pretty good tbh and would feel padded if you had to take a long detour to deal with them. (Since dealing with them needs chapter 16) It's already awkward enough when you do that in Azure Moon.

C) The slitherers are fucking boring and deserve to get off-screen'd.

I dunno, should have been a post-script to dealing with Rhea, and it would have been cathartic to see Edelgard actually deal with them, since they are the ones who actually ruined her life and countless others, not Rhea.

Also, disagree with the boring part, even if the slitherers are more one-note than the other factions.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Whenever anyone on any forum says that the only reason that people side with Edelgard is because she's a "cute girl", I just post videos of Cao Cao laughing.

I think the only reason people ACTUALLY support Edelgard is because they picked Crimson Flower first. If you don't, Edelgard's ground to stand on gets shakier and shakier.

Blog Entries
    Quite the opposite actually
    The more context you uncover the more solid Edelgard story gets
    I was having my fair share of doubts about what the fuck is going in Crimson Flower once i played it, but playing further presents you perfectly valid reasons to align with Edelgard
    actually, with full backstory in mind Edelgard's storyline is fairly well-written
    Game drops the ball pretty often during every route in terms of execution, but the core of the story is surprisingly solid
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; September 22nd, 2019 at 01:17 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't really think I can get over her moments of hypocrisy, like when she condemns Rhea et al for being 'monsters' who rule over humans, and then turns herself into a monster in Azure Moon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    thats Azure moon shitting the bed, the route has fuck all in terms of actual overarching story once dimitri arc gets completed

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Quite the opposite actually
    The more context you uncover the more solid Edelgard story gets
    I was having my fair share of doubts about what the fuck is going in Crimson Flower once i played it, but playing further presents you perfectly valid reasons to align with Edelgard
    actually, with full backstory in mind Edelgard's storyline is fairly well-written
    Game drops the ball pretty often during every route in terms of execution, but the core of the story is surprisingly solid
    I'm not saying Edelgard's hypocrasies and general wrongness are a bad mark on the story, quite the opposite. It's just that she's only operating with a half-baked understanding of the truth with mostly an Agarthan slant on it, which obviously has hidden their role in creating the Crests, Relics, the true source of the Crests, as well as the true nature of the Children of the Goddess.

Rhea isn't exactly evil, even if she is a very shady, disturbing character who's sanity is always one shock away from totally unravelling, and she's not responsible for half the shit Edelgard pins on her, and moreover, Edelgard basically spends her route stomping all of Rhea's trauma buttons without knowing. Also, Edelgard has a whole hatred for the Children of the Goddess that isn't justified by any facts. Other than Rhea/Seiros, most of them just minded their own business and wanted to be left alone, and this extends to the living ones.

Edelgard's goals are in some sense laudable, but the way she goes about it isn't justified at all, especially since there were plenty of other ways she just refused to see until the very end.

P.S. One thing I forgot to add is her stance on Sothis herself. Edelgard has swallowed the Agarthan propaganda hook, line, and sinker that she is some false oppressive goddess when the game actually defies the usual FE convention and has Sothis as a genuinely kind being who simply wanted her children and humanity to flourish.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; September 22nd, 2019 at 02:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm not saying Edelgard's hypocrasies and general wrongness are a bad mark on the story, quite the opposite. It's just that she's only operating with a half-baked understanding of the truth with mostly an Agarthan slant on it, which obviously has hidden their role in creating the Crests, Relics, the true source of the Crests, as well as the true nature of the Children of the Goddess.

Rhea isn't exactly evil, even if she is a very shady, disturbing character who's sanity is always one shock away from totally unravelling, and she's not responsible for half the shit Edelgard pins on her, and moreover, Edelgard basically spends her route stomping all of Rhea's trauma buttons without knowing. Also, Edelgard has a whole hatred for the Children of the Goddess that isn't justified by any facts. Other than Rhea/Seiros, most of them just minded their own business and wanted to be left alone, and this extends to the living ones.

Edelgard's goals are in some sense laudable, but the way she goes about it isn't justified at all, especially since there were plenty of other ways she just refused to see until the very end.

P.S. One thing I forgot to add is her stance on Sothis herself. Edelgard has swallowed the Agarthan propaganda hook, line, and sinker that she is some false oppressive goddess when the game actually defies the usual FE convention and has Sothis as a genuinely kind being who simply wanted her children and humanity to flourish.
    While its entirely true that Edelgard operates based on her limited and mostly wrong worldview, her motivations are not based on this worldview alone. Her goals are to defeat her enemies and usher in a world where nobody has to come through what she had come through. What she does comes eniterely from her own personal history.

At the moment of the game start, Church is by far the most dominant and unified force in the world. Empire, at this point, is a pupper state of the Agarthans, its emperor has been rendered politically impotent by a bunch of corrupt nobles at the behest of the dubsteppers. Kingdom is in ruins after the Tragedy of Duscur (organized by you know who) and arguably nothing more than a bunch of noble houses maintaining the visibility that Kingdom exists. Alliance is the only country which seems to more or less have its shit together, but its so clearly inferior to other two forces despite them being basically corpses that nobody, not even dubsteppers care.

Rhea doesnt care any of it happened at all. She doesnt care about the Kingdom. She doesnt care about the Empire. All she cares about is maintaining the status quo of the world, maintaining the power of the Church so that she can kill anyone who opposes her and her quest of reviving Sothis. She is far beyond shady, her actions are of evil as fuck Pope who is drunk on their own power even if her core motivation is not. She has every reason to oppose Edelgard. Even if Edelgard learns the truth about Rhea (which can never happen as long as the status quo is maintained), it doesnt change all that Rhea has done and Rhea is certainly not about to let go of her own ambition.

And Rhea is at the height of power in Fodlan. To achieve her ends, Edelgard needs Rhea to go because Rhea is the reason behind the state of the world. She is not the reason why bad shit happened to Edelgard, but she is the reason why bad shit happened to majoriy of people who are not Edelgard. Mercedes, Sylvain and his brother, Ingrid are all direct victims of the world Rhea created. She is the one perpetuating the lies dubsteppers used to do their shit. Edelgard has all the reasons to have a beef with Rhea.

However, Edelgard herself has no power. She is beyond two forces she cannot hope to defeat by herself - Dubsteppers who did shit to her and shadow control soon to be her empire and the Church at the peak of its power. Her only play is to align herself with the former to defeat the latter. She cannot go against the Agarthans because she herself has little power and she will be killed or replaced in case of active rebellion. She cannot go to the Church because she has no reason to and because its not like dubsteppers would allow that. Using Agarthans, starting a war, gaining power by winning it and then seeking vengeance on the ones who are behind her suffering is the only way she has. And if she doesnt take it, she almost certainly has only violent death to look forward to.

It would take a literal Jesus (Byleth) to hope to alter that course and save her from her circumstances. But unfortunately, other than CF there is no such route in the game. Which is a shame, i would looooove a route where you oppose El but save her in the end.