Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
I believe it is basically implied by Dedue x Mercedes support in BL route. He explained to her about how the Duscur ppl worship different gods and invoke their blessings in different locations. And in their viewpoint, Sothis is part of a pantheon in which she represents war (which references the star Sirius being the symbol of war in some RL faith), thus they pray for her in times of war. So the Duscur people more or less knew about the very old version of the Sothis religion prior to Rhea coming in to retcon it into a monotheistic religion.

Considering there are a lot of references and parallels to Christianity for the Church of Seiros, such as Sothis speaks like God words from the Bible in some of her lines but was discarded in the Eng dub, the holy grail, the whole blood thing, Seiros being a Jesus-like figure, the sword of the creator in JP used the kanji for God and Sothis' weapon in FEH being called "God's Surge" in JP...Yes I believe it is like you said, Sothis went through a similar status shift like YHVH after her death, probably right when Rhea started her vengeance, then solidified the new version of the religion as she changed history and built the church at Garreg Mach.

I've yet to see the JP quote for that, but just base on the Eng translation alone, I believe that someone (probably the Nabateans who are about to go to war with the Agarthans) awakened Sothis and she joined the dispute.

From what I understood, the frame with prime Sothis in the beginning of the game is her standing in Thinis, and iirc prior to that we saw some explosions or a meteor falling. So it might be that was her memory of arriving in 3house planet from that meteor, and her landing place was Thinis. Then the Agarthans of Thinis had cultural exchange and such with her, coexisted for sometime until she went to sleep, and the Nabateans began to spread and rule all of Fodlan in her absence, thus they are the Old Gods. There might be some nasty dragons among the Nabateans who people wanted gone, so the Agarthans launched the propaganda campaign to raise awareness.

It sounds like the Nabateans asked mommy to help by "resurrecting" her, going by that description. Thus Sothis awakened (probably she was sleeping, kinda like Tiki in prev entries maybe, or if she was indeed evil that would be like Medeus lol) and obviously she is on her children's side. Then she dropped an Old Testament great flood on the world (makes senses considering Sirius is ancient Egyptian's way to detect the flood cycle of the Nile) and wiped the 4 lands they listed. To the Agarthans, she was basically SMT YHVH and the new humans who lived after her world reset are lowly beasts, thus they must destroy the remaining dragons and claim their "salvation".

A prequel focusing on this Agarthans vs Nabateans beef would be great...
I honestly thought the people of Duscur just imported her as a war god due to the aggressiveness of their neighbors in Faerghus, but that also makes sense. The real question is what the relationship between the Nabatean Pantheon and those who were chilling at Zanado was.

Also, I was under the impression that Sothis only went to sleep AFTER wiping out the Agarthans, and that the current humans of Fodlan are also survivors that were sheltered by Sothis and the Nabateans, who then repopulated the continent as Sothis restored it. That, or people could have come from other lands to repopulate a deserted Fodlan, like Sreng, Duscur, Morphis, Albinea, or even Almyra.