Page 278 of 302 FirstFirst ... 178228268273276277278279280283288 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Prove it then Gau and post your favorite Dubya meme to show you know the 2000s.
    Ah the good old days when Colbert was cool and everyone loved to dunk on Bush. Good times, good times.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    You don't need to have been a teen in the 2000s to have an informed perspective on that era of video games. Also, we had a multi-page argument about this in another thread, and I am in no mood to repeat that.
    I accept your apology.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    Ah the good old days when Colbert was cool and everyone loved to dunk on Bush. Good times, good times.

Now the Colbert days I do know of, and I remember the tail end of the Report personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Generational clashes in our very own Fire Emblem thread.

Speaking of which, I hope the kids system never comes back to the series that shit's kinda weird to me.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I feel like it won't come back, at least not in a non-remake title. 3H kind of closed the discourse on it by being a story about why you shouldn't do eugenics on your kids to get them magic powers.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

マリーの味方
    please give a FE6+FE7 remake with children system, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post

Speaking of which, I hope the kids system never comes back to the series that shit's kinda weird to me.
    Same. Genealogy did it well, Awakening did only find, but then Fates shit the bed on that one.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like it won't come back, at least not in a non-remake title. 3H kind of closed the discourse on it by being a story about why you shouldn't do eugenics on your kids to get them magic powers.
    Yup.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    How will the Clock Tower ever recover

Clock Tower has been able to ignore it for centuries, they should be fine.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Which is ironic because the recent Dynasty Warriors Empires games (namely 8) just started with a child inheritance system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrikow View Post
    How will the Clock Tower ever recover
    Infuse kids with power after they're born, of course. Yes, Hanneman.
    Divine blessings are a lie; there are only magical tools.
    "Forbidden" arts are a lie; all magic is tools to be used...
    Also, would "is" or "are" fit better for that last sentence? And yes, I was referencing Skyrim's Phinis Gestor's thoughts on necromancy there.
    Last edited by LegalLoliLover; February 11th, 2022 at 06:43 PM.

They could bring it back now that I think about it but only if it means the ante is upped on dysfunction and drama. You can minmax your kids if you want but they hate you and have depression.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I'll quote this again when the next game has not just kids, but grandkids thrown in.

I can even read the title from here: "Fire Emblem: Generations".

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see a problem with it, personally, telling a story with characters that grow old, marry and have children is inherently more involved than a story about characters that remain static throughout (or grow slightly longer hair and absolutely no beards, as in 3H). Fates had a stupid take on it with "time-warping otherrealms that exist purely because Awakenings had time travelling children and will not otherwise be explained or explored whatsoever", but Awakenings did it decently well and a game that runs with the theme can certainly refine it (provided IS don't get hit by scope creep again).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's probably because most stories shouldn't last long enough for the characters to grow that old. It works for a series of stories, where it takes place over many adventures and years, but if a single adventure takes that long then it makes the heroes seem like they're dragging their feet. You've got like a year tops for any given plot.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Wildermyth does it passably well by just timeskipping a lot between chapters. One year adventure, five years timeskip, couple years longer adventure, decade timeskip, your children have joined the adventurer band now. Another adventure, another timeskip, your original characters have retired (if they're still alive) and you're working exclusively with the second generation. Maintain a balance between children of older characters and new recruits to keep things fresh (and avoid inbreeding) and you're set for a long time. Of course a Fire Emblem game probably won't go quite this long but I could easily see a three-part story between OG/second gen/second gen+kids run over say, twenty years or so. Heck, considering the typical "ancient conspiracy/dragon cult/evil dragon that has existed since the dawn of time" last boss that FE writers love so much it's kind of absurd how most of them end up being taken out in the space of a couple years.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

A lot of the buildup for those bosses takes place in backstory, and besides, Genealogy did the children quite well because the first generation actually failed and died, necessitating their kids to take up the torch some 20 years later after the continent of Jugdral was put through untold suffering. More of that would be a decent way to handle it. Or on a less dark note, as you hinted, Deathhappens, it could take decades for multiple generations of characters to actually piece together the ancient conspiracy, or take down one element at a time over each generation.

I ain't buying no musou spinoff, and it had better not be a Revelations-style golden route; that would invalidate the whole point of 3 Houses. I'll accept an alternate universe spinoff but that's all.
    Didn't they call it a golden route? But it's fine, because it's an unobtainable route from the original as this appears to, at minimum, not have Byleth go to sleep.

Still not touching this.

The children system is absolutely amazing when done right. Too bad only FE4 did it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    please give a FE6+FE7 remake with children system, thanks
    Same concept as FE4 children, I'd accept (and love) it.

It's also an AU that seems to depart radically from canon in some aspects, so not a true Golden Route.

Also, I'd say Awakening did kids okay, and at least they played an important role in the plot. Fates, on the other hand...Heirs of Fate didn't come out soon enough, and even if it did, it could not save the concept as it was implemented there.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It's probably because most stories shouldn't last long enough for the characters to grow that old. It works for a series of stories, where it takes place over many adventures and years, but if a single adventure takes that long then it makes the heroes seem like they're dragging their feet. You've got like a year tops for any given plot.
    You realize Genealogy's first generation took place over literal years, right. Not even getting into the second generation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    It's also an AU that seems to depart radically from canon in some aspects, so not a true Golden Route.

Also, I'd say Awakening did kids okay, and at least they played an important role in the plot. Fates, on the other hand...Heirs of Fate didn't come out soon enough, and even if it did, it could not save the concept as it was implemented there.
    By "okay" you mean "completely optional and entirely unconnected to the story besides Lucina, with a very vague plot device as to how or why they went back in time"?

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    I've read this extensive schizo theory I can no longer find, about Awakening actually being a big leadup to the rebirth of Medeus=Loptyr in the vessel of 'Marth' (=anticrhrist) which happens when Lucina takes off her mask and reveals her birthmark.

All the time travel nonsense afterwards and both maingames since is actually just a single nightmarish fever dream, as the forces of kaga are defeated and the age of dark waifu degeneracy descends upon the franchise.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You realize Genealogy's first generation took place over literal years, right. Not even getting into the second generation.
    NOPE! I'm one of those people FE fans hate that only came in for Awakening.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.