Page 257 of 302 FirstFirst ... 157207247252255256257258259262267 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,140 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

Blog Entries
    i'm not bored i'm having extreme case of sunk cost fallacy
    oh, by the way, Radiant Dawn is officially the worst FE i've ever played
    i dont think any other title that i have played outright lied to me before

spend 3 hours counting my shoves and building impeccable turn 1 oneshot boss strategy?
    nah, the enemies coded to guard the boss in case he receives fatal damage
    they dont have guard skill on their sheet
    they are just coded
    it doesnt even trigger if i'll fail to deal fatal damage like if i miss one of the attacks

wow

p.s ok i'm done this radiant down
    final fight is dumb

such gamedesign
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; May 15th, 2020 at 11:01 AM.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    If you're talking about the map with Izuka, you can literally clear that with only Tibarn and Elincia
    Also, that map is a free EXP bonanza. The feral ones give so much at a time. I actually got Geoffrey to Lv 20 as a Silver Knight on this level, and he was a Paladin when I started.

- - - Updated - - -

I had left his Paragon on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    oh, by the way, Radiant Dawn is officially the worst FE i've ever played
    Don't play Shadow Dragon. They pretended to upgrade the original game, but all they really did was touch up the graphics and ruin any semblance of unit uniqueness by letting anyone except Marth be anything and everything. There's a reason this (and the JP only remake of 3) killed the franchise to the point that Awakening was going to be the final Fire Emblem before it became a raging success.

Blog Entries
    i dont intend to play any other "old" fe anytime soon, none of them caught my eye

PoR/RD were the only ones that seemed interesting

For old ones, I'll always have a soft spot for 7 and 4. 7 felt like the perfect balance of gameplay and difficulty, with as good a story as you can expect from a GBA game of this nature. 4's difficulty was high (partially because maps went on for freaking ever, so a single mistake felt super costly), but I loved that the pairings mattered for both gameplay and somewhat for story (it's where Awakening and Fates got the child system from, except it was actually done well here).

8 wasn't bad, but it felt like a bridge between 7 and 9. Good gameplay like 7, but stupid easy like 9.

That being said, I also don't blame anyone for wanting to skip most of the old FEs, or old games of any series really.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Genealogy is one of the most unique games I've ever played.

Thracia is one of the most autistic games I've ever played.

They're both amazing, but I can't recommend either. Play Binding Blade or something.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    7 is solid. Also has a nice jigsaw puzzle plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Genealogy is really ambitious but also at times it can be painful. A real love it or hate it kinda game. It serves to gain the most from a remake that beefs up the script and rebalances the weapons and magic a bit.

Thracia is legit one of the most fun games to play and is not nearly as bullshit as people say. It's aged really well and after playing it a bit you'll realize it's the GBA formula but just more in every possible way. I highly recommend it.

FE6 is fun too, not as good as Thracia though.

JP Friend Code
    Is Warriors a good Musou to kill time with? I plan to pick it up.

Definitely worse Musou games out there.
    The amount of clones annoyed me but I enjoyed it overall.

Blog Entries
    Finally back into three houses, ironmanning crimson flower on classic lunatic
    edelgard missed her initial attack but first dk encounter cleared anyway
    nobody dead so far
    recruits annette sylvain mercedes constance lysithea
    i kinda wanted felix but i decided i wanted ward from constance more

Banned
    Blog Entries
    El reverting form at the end of AM. Was that simply for dramatic effect, or is her transformation the perfected form of the demonic beast transformation that actually has an off switch?

Blog Entries
    the only reference we have is that there is a chance of it being permanent, so presumably yes it does

Banned
    Blog Entries
    LOL, post 345: GFAQ salty about IntSys recognizing best nation: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...716993?page=34

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    LOL, post 345: GFAQ salty about IntSys recognizing best nation: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards...716993?page=34
    Can you just stop with this shit. Why does it matter so much to you that you have to "call out" those who did not like BE route? Let people like w/e the heck they like and discuss things worth discussing than the millionth time of "I am El-chan's route fan so I gotta bash those who did not like it!".

Your attitude is the prime example of why Edelgard's fans got a lot of bad reps in the fandom.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Damnit my 3DS broke. Can't play FE anymore
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Emilio View Post
    Can you just stop with this shit. Why does it matter so much to you that you have to "call out" those who did not like BE route? Let people like w/e the heck they like and discuss things worth discussing than the millionth time of "I am El-chan's route fan so I gotta bash those who did not like it!".

Your attitude is the prime example of why Edelgard's fans got a lot of bad reps in the fandom.
    And I take personal insult whenever people say that the only reason that Edelgard fans "excuse" her actions is because she's their "waifu". First of all, as I'm sure you're aware, I side with the Empire on a professional stance, but the Flame Emperor is not my waifu. The Time Dragon is. And yes, totally a coherent decision to worship this: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Akatosh but also hire these: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Blades#Dragonguard That being said, Nobunaga is a fine example that "waifu quality" is irrelevant. I liked Nobunaga before Fate/grand order but like Nobunaga even more afterwards. Compared to what Nobunobu rightly did at Mt. Hiei https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Mount_Hiei El's attack on Garreg Mach was downright considerate. Warrior monks aren't monks, but soldiers wearing monk's clothing.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Imagine thinking anyone did nothing wrong, let alone the girl that started a war against literally everyone and the crazy hobo that spent five years slaughtering people in said war

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Note that I also said "compared to Nobunobu". To say nothing of brother Mengde and his apparent tomb-raiding antics: https://books.google.com/books?id=Gd...%20cao&f=false

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalLoliLover View Post
    And I take personal insult whenever people say that the only reason that Edelgard fans "excuse" her actions is because she's their "waifu". First of all, as I'm sure you're aware, I side with the Empire on a professional stance, but the Flame Emperor is not my waifu. The Time Dragon is. And yes, totally a coherent decision to worship this: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Akatosh but also hire these: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Blades#Dragonguard That being said, Nobunaga is a fine example that "waifu quality" is irrelevant. I liked Nobunaga before Fate/grand order but like Nobunaga even more afterwards. Compared to what Nobunobu rightly did at Mt. Hiei https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Mount_Hiei El's attack on Garreg Mach was downright considerate. Warrior monks aren't monks, but soldiers wearing monk's clothing.
    You literally could've put the first sentence and end it there, this is one of the reasons your "arguments" usually come off as ridiculous. It's not precise, but all over the place.

My problem with you and some Eldelgard lunatics is that you guys tend to fail to bring up any relevant points of debate. You literally put the link there and lel salty people, that doesn't help your case. Nobody were that salty about her being popular, save for the poor FEH fans who almost got their Choose your Legend ruined by you guys, and it brought bad rep for not just her but her fans. They are annoyed that the crazy crowd keep telling them that they are wrong and must accept your nonsense. A healthy discussion can be made, but you guys, majority of the time, comes off as very pretentious and (ironically) acts just like Edelgard who thinks they are right. I'm not even edelgard fan (I'm Naga gang) and I can put up a better argument for Edelgard than a lot Edelgard fans, that's the problem dude.

If you are offended by people dismiss you as "lol waifufags" then you also need to stop dragging yourself down to their level with dump shits like this. Heck a lot of those people who has no argument than "lol waifufags" are trolls not even worth talking to.