Page 244 of 302 FirstFirst ... 144194234239242243244245246249254294 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,880 of 6024

Thread: Fire Emblem

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Honestly, the curled horns look kind of like the ones on the Immaculate One, which is extremely ironic, yet fitting all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Who actually owns this thread? I want to know who to ask to potentially set up a poll for favorite route in 3 Houses in this thread before I just up and create my own.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Oh hey Ferdie and Lorenz actually have a dialogue on the Bridge
    i neve got that one before for some reason
    did i recruit Lorenz on my first BL playthrough or something? i dont remember
    or maybe i just killed Ferdie before Ladislava, i remember something like that
    In any case Ferdie got boar'd in from of Dorothea while Lorenz got Dark Spike'd

Somehow my Lysithea fares a lot better this playthrough than my previous one despite early recruitment in both, she is at 48 MAG and doing great killing nearly everything with Dark Spikes / Luna / Hades
    maybe because i got her late and she came with good base mag? or just really lucky, not actually sure
    And her Warp is surprisingly underutilized since my entire army moves on Stride these days and nobody really need a lift

Wyver Rider Annette is insanely good, with her Relic she can oneshot any unit on the field, she has Bolt Axe+ with 3 range and insane damage, her ACC rates are amazing, and you also get a flying canto Rally unit if you need it
    If i fed her Mag items instead of Lysithea she would probably just oneshot anyone with just Lightning Axe / Bolt Axe / Relic
    All i have left to do is to give her a Brave Axe for when i absolutely need physical damage

Dimitri recovered after getting his unique master class and now back to his usual bullshit
    Ingrid just gave up on leveling STR/MAG entrely and barely does any damage outside of her Relic Weapon Art. I guess she also need a brave weapon to make her a squishykiler. Or i could make her a full tank with Aegis Shield.
    Dedue kinda sucks after his comeback, its gonna be a struggle to make him good again. He is also probably wont be able to keep up when half an army are fliers.

I decided to use Flayn instead of Marianne as i initially planned and she is very good with Rescues / Fortify. I guess i dont really need Bernie especially since she doesnt have high Faith and really is just useless all around because i got her so late.
    Might replace her entirely with Seteth who just has 35 STR at lvl31 for some fucking reason. Thats more than my Dimitri. And Felix.

Speaking of Felix i'm not sure if i like running Aegis shield on him at all. He is way too slow. Not a problem with a brave weapon but a problem with something other than a brave weapon.

Felix? Slow? How is that possible? Also, Flayn is pretty good with the Rescue/Fortify combo, and if Annette really gets super good as a Wyvern Rider, I might seriously consider making her one in a Maddening Run.

Blog Entries
    If you give Felix 6 weight shield and 10 weight weapon yes he is going to be slow

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    If you give Felix 6 weight shield and 10 weight weapon yes he is going to be slow
    And that's why you equip him with gauntlets. With the automatic brave properties, their low weight, and his Crest of Fraldarius, they are often better at killing than swords for him.

Blog Entries
    But Felix is not a tank unit
    He is one of the best offensive physical units in the game, gimping his damage with gauntlets in favor of a shield instead of going full damage is a waste of those glorious stats
    fuck the passive, just give the shield to an actual tank, its still +6 +3 def/res at the end of the day

Gronder Field chronicles: i found this mission surprisingly tough considering i do have dancer batallion and all that
    Or maybe not? I did 2 runs of it trying to steal the sword from Edelgard only to remember that you actually cant do that and that game just taunts you with it for no reason
    i dont know why they did it
    They restricted some items from being drops to being stealables on Lunatic like Aurora shield which i get - pay attention to the enemies, bring a thief and get a reward is better than kill everything get everything
    But why not the sword? maybe they thought its too fucking op (it kinda is)

Hilda is as much of a boogeywoman she was in the trial map, not even Dedue can tank her and motherfucker has 49 def
    And none of my units could safely take her, it was either Rally myself and use ranged SoC or do 2 range attacks from 2 different units

Other than that, i guess lack of good offensive battallions catches up to me. Full flier team is a pitfall i need to remember that from now on.
    And tbh Dedue is kinda useless, if i had Flay things wouldve been easier (probably). I could also use Seteth instead of Sylvain since he outlclasses him as a Wyvern Lord.

But in the end i ended up personally genociding my own students except Leonie who got boned by the boar. Serves the bitch right.

Whoa whoa whoa, what did Leonie do to you? Be an annoyance on Gronder Field?

- - - Updated - - -

But Felix is not a tank unit
    He is one of the best offensive physical units in the game, gimping his damage with gauntlets in favor of a shield instead of going full damage is a waste of those glorious stats
    fuck the passive, just give the shield to an actual tank, its still +6 +3 def/res at the end of the day

Gronder Field chronicles: i found this mission surprisingly tough considering i do have dancer batallion and all that
    Or maybe not? I did 2 runs of it trying to steal the sword from Edelgard only to remember that you actually cant do that and that game just taunts you with it for no reason
    i dont know why they did it
    They restricted some items from being drops to being stealables on Lunatic like Aurora shield which i get - pay attention to the enemies, bring a thief and get a reward is better than kill everything get everything
    But why not the sword? maybe they thought its too fucking op (it kinda is)

Hilda is as much of a boogeywoman she was in the trial map, not even Dedue can tank her and motherfucker has 49 def
    And none of my units could safely take her, it was either Rally myself and use ranged SoC or do 2 range attacks from 2 different units

Other than that, i guess lack of good offensive battallions catches up to me. Full flier team is a pitfall i need to remember that from now on.
    And tbh Dedue is kinda useless, if i had Flay things wouldve been easier (probably). I could also use Seteth instead of Sylvain since he outlclasses him as a Wyvern Lord.

But in the end i ended up personally genociding my own students except Leonie who got boned by the boar. Serves the bitch right.
    Also, I've found gauntlets helpful for Felix even without the shield weighing him down. They just kill more reliably with his Crest, high Strength, and high Speed.

Anyone actually know the most popular straight M!Byleth ship out there? I'm curious.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think it's maybe Bernie?

- - - Updated - - -

Going by AO3 fanfics it's Edelgard
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    My absolute madman Seteth is lvl37 42/28 while my Dimitri is lvl 40 39/35, both are natty stats

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I think it's maybe Bernie?

- - - Updated - - -

Going by AO3 fanfics it's Edelgard
    Yeah, by tags it makes sense that Edelgard is number 1, and same likely with some in-game statistics. She, Dorothea, and Bernie pretty much always show up in the Top 5 for activities or recruiting, though of course, we can't tell the gender ratio of players.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Rhea isn't even that bad of a religious figure. It's just that when fighting her in CF, it was more about venting grievances of all the other situations where people have sucked the figurative cock of religion and tradition just because they lacked the power to do otherwise. For example, in Yugioh, where Malik wanted to free his family from being the Pharaoh's slaves or Anzu being uncomfortable about Yugi and Atem having their final showdown. The line that made my stomach turn in that situation is "you don't need understand it; you just have to accept it". I'm sorry when faced with being forced to accept something that I don't understand, I tend to adopt Nobu's policy regarding songless birds. A more direct example is in that episode of Gegege no Kitaro where that family of priests needs to suck the cock of some boulder or else, the whole town gets cursed.

When one of the sons wanted to escape that fate, even Kitaro was against it, not because of some moral reason, but simply fear of the giant rock. Again, such a conclusion was disgusting. All societies should be freed from such traditions where people are forced to follow something just because of their ancestors... Sorry for the rant.

I do understand where you're coming from, and you are 100% correct about the problem of the Church hegemony itself. The problem with Edelgard is that she's merely replacing one set of dogmatic lies with another, and she is causing needless bloodshed because the best way to break such a hegemony is through the introduction of new ideas and new information. Heck, this is how Claude manages to free Fodlan from its intellectual shackles. As our own history shows, although the Church may try to quash these ideas, eventually they will spread to the point the Church is no longer able to control them, and any intellectual barriers are broken down.

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing. I 100% understand why Rhea, Wilhelm, and their supporters initially hid the truth behind Crests and Relics, since it likely had to do with reaching a rapprochement with their enemies, putting an end to nearly a century of violence, and keeping the peace afterwards. However, I do believe this reasoning ceased to be useful or helpful after some point.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rhea hid the fact that the crests and relics were made from the bodies of her family for fear that if people found out they'd try to make more of them
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    BL edition of Fort Merceus is surprisingly hard
    5 fucking enemies that hit across the map with incredible enemy density
    thats on top of me playing very aggressively
    and also me eating <10% crits multiple times while not hitting numerous 30-50% crits of my own
    shit sucks

i'll need to optimize my team further and get couple more brave weapons

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Rhea hid the fact that the crests and relics were made from the bodies of her family for fear that if people found out they'd try to make more of them
    That's definitely one reason I forgot to add, but really, since there are only really 5 or 6, there's only so many weapons to make. The real threat is her surviving family being harvested for their blood, as Flayn almost was. In any case, Rhea choosing to not vilify the 10 Elites and their descendants does make it seem as if they had reconciliation and stability in mind.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Reminder that in Verdant Wind,
    Spoiler:
    the church is still in control of everything but without the plausible deniability and the only thing Claude does is strengthen its power and fuck off to Almyra. Good Job there Claude introducing new ideas (???)

Also I finished my Blue Lions Maddening NG+ playthru, I can link my character stats later but uuuh game has 4 asshole reinforcements with siege tomes in the last map so I'm gonna say that lol at it being the easiest route. Crimson Flower Maddening superiority

Blog Entries
    Claude's entire shtick is hilariously unconvincing given you have Hilda to tell you all about Almyrans being fucking cunts and her brother having to btfo them every goddamn time
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; October 23rd, 2019 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    Reminder that in Verdant Wind,
    Spoiler:
    the church is still in control of everything but without the plausible deniability and the only thing Claude does is strengthen its power and fuck off to Almyra. Good Job there Claude introducing new ideas (???)

Also I finished my Blue Lions Maddening NG+ playthru, I can link my character stats later but uuuh game has 4 asshole reinforcements with siege tomes in the last map so I'm gonna say that lol at it being the easiest route. Crimson Flower Maddening superiority
    Spoiler:
    Actually, this is not the case at all. You, Byleth, basically replace the Church as Fodlan's ultimate authority, Rhea dies not long after Nemesis is defeated, and Seteth later reestablishes a smaller, not as dogmatic or controlling Church of Seiros, influenced by Claude's ideals. The Church isn't dead, but ultimately Claude's goal was still accomplished.

- - - Updated - - -

Claude's entire shtick is hilariously unconvincing given you have Hilda to tell you all about Almyrans being fucking cunts and her brother having to btfo them every goddamn time
    Also, how does that make his thing unconvincing? His whole thing is how people aren't stereotypes, and even if Almyrans do in fact frequently raid around Fodlan's throat, not all of them are rapacious, bloodthirsty raiders. They're probably a lot like real Mongols in the sense, in that yes, they are definitely war-like raiders who don't bat an eye at the destruction they cause, but inside their borders, they're way more tolerant of whatever you do, so long as their authority is respected, spiritually and politically. Also, who knows if the raiders even represent a united monolith.