Page 231 of 284 FirstFirst ... 131181221226229230231232233236241281 ... LastLast
Results 4,601 to 4,620 of 5666

Thread: Fire Emblem

  1. #4601
    Fluff & Smug Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,851
    Blog Entries
    9
    but she is

  2. #4602
    Author of Mages Twi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    799
    Ashe is a good boy. Also, reddit did a survey: https://imgur.com/a/jN2BnjR#tUjviTS
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

    Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

    The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!


  3. #4603
    el bolb Bloble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canadia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,621
    JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    5
    Berbadettas supports make me wanna turn the game off

    "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

    There i saved you the trouble of reading them

  4. #4604
    後継者 Successor Tenzen12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    958
    Bernie is slow as ****. If you want crit go for Shamir. If you want consistent double, Leonie is your girl. Bernie is not good unit.

  5. #4605
    マリーの味方 Sesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,137
    Yeah recruiting too many students is more hassle than it's worth. During my second playthrough I just decided against recruiting more after a certain point, it's not like I can use them all anyway. Plus you miss out on sad dialogue when you force students to fight their former friends.

    Bernie is worse BE, I dropped her halfway through for transfer students.

  6. #4606
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,835
    I recruited too few on my first playthrough of GD, so I had to watch as Dimitri lead his classmates to their deaths. Also, really regretted not getting Ingrid because she's a flier. And I will take anyone who allows me to get Relics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  7. #4607
    アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13,984
    Blog Entries
    1
    Sorry, but I'm getting everyone. The only person not worth recruiting is Annette because she needs Gilbert for her paralogue which makes it Lions only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly

  8. #4608
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,835
    Oh, you can't recruit Gilbert in the other parts? That does kinda suck, but I'm recruiting her anyway next time so as to save her and for pairing purposes.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, am currently on the final GD map, and have fallen in love with God-Shattering Star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  9. #4609
    Fluff & Smug Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,851
    Blog Entries
    9
    Everyone is splurging all over god shattering star but funeral for flowers is better

  10. #4610
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,835
    Eh, I personally am not a huge fan of Funeral for Flowers.

    Wait, nvm. It's good and all, but God-Shattering Star just has that extra oomph, and CHANTING.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also, I have yet to play Silver Snow. Also, since I am on the last chapter of GD, would it be a better idea to do Silver Snow right after, then Crimson Flower, and finally Azure Moon, or should I get Azure Moon out of the way just quickly enough?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm not sure I want to play Azure Moon or Crimson Flower anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  11. #4611
    Fluff & Smug Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,851
    Blog Entries
    9
    Silver Snow is basically Verdant Wind
    or, actually i'd say its the other way around

    you are probably better served going Azure Moon -> Crimson Flower -> Silver Snow

  12. #4612
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,835
    That's what my initial plan was, and that makes sense, but after finishing Verdant Wind...Azure Moon seems so shallow and empty based on what I've heard. That, and I am a lifelong member of Golden Deer and don't want to kill my kiddos.

    - - - Updated - - -

    That, and Edelgard seems determined to just kill everyone else because she can't get it in her to compromise.

    - - - Updated - - -

    The reason I thought about playing Silver Snow next was frankly because of how similar it is to Verdant Wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  13. #4613
    Fluff & Smug Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,851
    Blog Entries
    9
    Azure Moon is not shallow by any means
    its character driven and will differ the most from Verdant Wind which is story / lore driven, and entirety of Blue Lions is written around that fact

    Most shallow route is actually Golden Deer
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; September 7th, 2019 at 03:46 AM.

  14. #4614
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,835
    Fite me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    Azure Moon is not shallow by any means
    its character driven and will differ the most from Verdant Wind which is story / lore driven, and entirety of Blue Lions

    Most shallow route is actually Golden Deer
    Also, I like more lore-driven plots/plots where more details are revealed. That, and Claude is best lord and Hilda is best retainer.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I do get the whole character-driven thing though, since it seemingly is all about pulling Dimitri from the brink/the voices in his head, unlike Verdant Wind, which is about trying to find extremely elusive answers and knocking down the boundaries between Fodlan and the outside world.

    Also, Dimitri just seems to lack vision compared to Edelgard and Claude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  15. #4615
    Fluff & Smug Aozaki-desu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    28
    Posts
    11,851
    Blog Entries
    9
    Hilda admiteddly is great, probably the best Deer. I was pretty dissapointed with Claude. He is a good character, but he so does not fit the narrative.
    He has the least to lose in the conflict AND his motive is the least convincing, and the game jacks him off more than it does the MC which is kinda ridicilous. Edelgard - Dimitri - Rhea triangle around Byleth is the center of the story and while outside perspective Claude brings is interesting its not nearly as compelling as any vertice of the triangle.

    Well if you absolutely dont want to do Azure Moon you should go Crimson Flower then, since you'll get the Edelgard's side of the story.
    And Dimitri is not the center of Blue Lions, i'd actually say other Lions make the route, not just solely his revenge plot.

  16. #4616
    Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Wherever there's Wi-Fi
    Age
    23
    Posts
    9,835
    I disagree that his motive is the least convincing, especially considering the current political climate IRL, and I like that he's the spanner in the works and the outsider who refuses to take himself too seriously, thus not becoming a feral beast like Dimitri or an unhinged tyrant like Edelgard without you. Also, just because he has less at stake doesn't mean he doesn't care, and over the 5 years, Fodlan has become something of a home to him, even if it is generally suspicious of outsiders like himself, and of course, you fucking double-team Nemesis.

    In addition, that you accusing him of "not fitting the narrative" actually just proves his point.

    I'll swallow the bitter pill and play Azure Moon and Crimson Flower. Then, I'll go for Silver Snow and finally a do-over of Verdant Wind, probably on Lunatic, and do everything right this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

  17. #4617
    Reading the Post Above Laith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    9,764
    JP Friend Code
    926,172,038
    Blog Entries
    57
    Claude fucking sucks

    for specifics on his role on every route
    he just fucks off in every ending because he actually doesn't care about Fodlan until like the very end of Verdant Wind and even then, depending of your ending, Byleth ends up doing all the work and the only time his flaw manages to get him is in Crimson Flower which, in retrospect, I don't feel guilty about it.

    He can feel like an outsider all he wants but he's the first one to play that card, Dimitri and Edelgard never treat him like anything less, less so once the war starts.

  18. #4618
    el bolb Bloble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canadia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11,621
    JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    5
    Wow cant believe people are actually shitting on claude, the best FE lord since holmes

  19. #4619
    Deadpan Dead People LegalLoliLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,033
    Blog Entries
    5
    Obviously, the only DLC that is currently out is the alternate outfit, but at what point in the game can you actually use it and how? I got to my room, and all I see is a bulletin board. Actually, before I started the game, I had to uninstall and reinstall the game file because it kept kicking me out after I had bought the DLC, but in theory, even if you reinstall the game, all your DLC will be reinstalled, as well, correct?
    May the Light of Zvezda Shine Throughout This World!
    Spoiler:

  20. #4620
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    11,906
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    So I'm in what I assume is the last month of Part 1, wandering around free time and getting some levels, throwing flowers at people, fishing, etc. So I run into Edle in the hallways and she really wants me to go with her. So I see her take the throne and all, then the rest of the week just disappears. WTF? I still had so much activity points and tutoring to do. Now I have to do all that stuff over again and remember to not talk to her until the absolute end. Damnit. That's like two hours of run around and reclassing to do. Even if they tossed in a "give me a minute to get ready" option so I don't have to choose between supporting her or throwing her away.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

    Current FF XIV Progress


    At Current Cap:


    At A Previous Cap:


    Leveling From Scratch:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •