Page 284 of 344 FirstFirst ... 184234274279282283284285286289294334 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 6878

Thread: The Videogame News Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I shake my head when I see people actually have the gall to complain that this wouldn't have happened if Nintendo supported the Smash scene more.

Like fuck off, no wonder they never did before and lol now.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I think if Nintendo intervened earlier, there could have been instituted ways to separate minors from adults at least. I do agree, however, that Nintendo won't touch the community with a barge pole now.

- - - Updated - - -

It's also not just kids, but women also are coming out with allegations of abuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    I am surprised no one in the last 24 hours has posted anything here about what's going on in the Smash Bros and FGC communities. Shit is real fucked up.
    No, come on, not here too

This isn't news, it's just more dumb drama

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Oh, wow. I thought it would be a stupid controversy, but this is serious.
    It will also probably damage the reputation of the event, the FGC, and probably the whole Video game industry as a whole.
    It IS a stupid controversy, and it IS going to have serious ramifications. Again.

- - - Updated - - -

To clarify: Adults preying on minors is absolutely an abhorrent thing, especially people that are put on a pedestal and implicitly trusted by their communities like community organisers and e-celebs. But this debacle is, as has become common in the past couple years, blowing up in every direction like a wildfire and it burns down the innocent and the wicked alike. Did the biggest event of the year for the FGC and one of the biggest events in gaming in general need to be shut down due to the actions of a literal handful of people? Not even their actions, most of what I've heard is people coming forward with accusations about things thst happened years ago.
    Well, it's as good as shut down now (and who knows in what form it's going to come back next year, if it even does).
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Dude, you're more upset about EVO than about the accusations?! Fuck you, man! This is not just some goddamn drama! Lives have been ruined, victims have finally found the courage to speak out after years of silence in shame, and you just...?! Uncool.

Besides, many of these people, including Mr. Wizard, committed actual fucking crimes for which they deserve to go to jail.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

This is literally the definition of drama.

- - - Updated - - -

Criminals should be tried. Organizations that failed to prevent abuse and neglect should undergo a re-examination of their procedures and standards. Everything else is just "the next cool thing to be angry about".
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

"Drama" implies shit on the level of a Twitter beef or some shit like that. Not actual crimes committed against people whose lives have been ruined in some shape or form.

- - - Updated - - -

Moreover, the term simply trivializes the very real suffering the victims went through. This is more than just a passing phase, and I honestly view it as part of the larger movement of the past month for greater Justice.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did the biggest event of the year for the FGC and one of the biggest events in gaming in general need to be shut down due to the actions of a literal handful of people?
    There's a difference between a handful of participants and the tournament head and chief organizer. Random individuals can be censured and banned, but Mr Wizard tainted the whole thing since he's at the top.

He pulled a Randy Pitchford.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Honestly, the very fact that apparently these actions were so widespread as to be an open secret in the community shows there was a very real need to blow the whole thing open.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    It’s more like 100 abusers outed now in Smash, but there are many outside of smash being exposed all at once. There’s almost no chance law enforcement’s going to get involved because of the nature of the incidents so it’s up to the community to exact any justice and prevent more going forward.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    100? Holy shit, that's a lot.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Eewww how can this be.... especially when the higher up turn out to be pedo predator... on game with all age rating....
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    It’s more like 100 abusers outed now in Smash, but there are many outside of smash being exposed all at once. There’s almost no chance law enforcement’s going to get involved because of the nature of the incidents so it’s up to the community to exact any justice and prevent more going forward.
    Okay, that's a lot more than what I'd heard about. But I suggest people keep in mind this is still the 'accusations flying everywhere' stage, and if law enforcement can't step in it means precisely that it's not an open and shut case that can be taken to a court of law, much less the kangaroo court of Twitter.
    community
    Mob
    justice is no justice at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, feel free to call me names now. "Better ten guilty men go free than one innocent suffer" are words I will stand by, now and always.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Honestly, the very fact that apparently these actions were so widespread as to be an open secret in the community shows there was a very real need to blow the whole thing open.
    I don't know enough to say if it was an open secret or not, but all the more reason this should have been resolved far sooner and with far less witch hunts in session.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; July 5th, 2020 at 11:58 PM.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

As if there is one innocent person for 10 guilty ones. For most of these accusations, receipts have been provided by the accusers, or if not, there has been corroborating evidence from others.

As for the law enforcement part, at least 3 of these are statutory rape and way more involve minors. I think the real reason law enforcement won't get involved is because the community doesn't really turn to the law, and the law doesn't take us super seriously.

Honestly Fish!Rin, while that stance is somewhat noble, it just doesn't pan out in this case. Pretty much all the accused are guilty, and there's evidence.

The authority to determine that belongs only to a court of law, not you nor me. Regardless of how smoking the gun may be.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a quotation for that, too- "Judge not, lest you yourself be judged".
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Okay, that's a lot more than what I'd heard about. But I suggest people keep in mind this is still the 'accusations flying everywhere' stage, and if law enforcement can't step in it means precisely that it's not an open and shut case that can be taken to a court of law, much less the kangaroo court of Twitter.
    community
    Mob justice
    is no justice at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, feel free to call me names now. "Better ten guilty men go free than one innocent suffer" are words I will stand by, now and always.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know enough to say if it was an open secret or not, but all the more reason this should have been resolved far sooner and with far less witch hunts in session.
    There was a false accusation against a smash player already and he did a stream where he told people why it was not possible for him to do what he was accused of.

Still, you should take in account that proving a sexual abuse claim can be incredibly difficult, many times authorities drop the case even if they are certain that it happened or donīt believe the victim. If you search for people that lied about sexual abuse you will find that the number its incredibly small.
    Last edited by Toulou; July 6th, 2020 at 12:07 AM.

Someone accused M2K? Didn't know, and glad he's innocent. Do agree with Toulou about the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Sexual assault is a very traumatizing experience to relive, and more often than not, there is no real benefit to lying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Someone accused M2K? Didn't know, and glad he's innocent. Do agree with Toulou about the rest.

- - - Updated - - -

Sexual assault is a very traumatizing experience to relive, and more often than not, there is no real benefit to lying about it.
    They guy that was spreading the accusation against M2K did it based on information that "friends" told him and refuses to name them. I did not know who M2K was before this happened because I do not play Smash, but watching that video was hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Toulou View Post
    They guy that was spreading the accusation against M2K did it based on information that "friends" told him and refuses to name them. I did not know who M2K was before this happened because I do not play Smash, but watching that video was hard.
    It's a far more common scenario than people realise, it is often underreported, and even a whiff of such accusations can ruin someone'a life irrevocably. "Innocent until proven guilty" is the cornerstone of common law, but it is ESPECIALLY applicable in cases like this.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Yeah no. It is far rarer than some would like to admit, and while it sucks when it happens, it doesn't justify treating the actual victims as if they're automatically lying. Again, innocent until proven guilty.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lies about this shit are quite easy to sniff out, since they collapse under the barest scrutiny.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This really is too complicated for one person to decide. While i think cleaning up the house is the right thing to do, blindly following any claims is not very smart either.
    I wish there was a list of names i could look at.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria