Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsukihime Fanfic: Role Revert

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    “Woooo!” Hisui was the one to open the mansion doors, running at high speed, the doors almost exploding open. This left Akiha to apologize to a woman walking by Hisui had run into. As Hisui ran into the mansion, she seemed to slow down... stopping a foot in the mansion. She looked around with a slightly unreadable expression. “Something wrong?” Shiki said.

“Ah.... it’s nothing at all, Shiki-chan.” The smile returned to Hisui’s face, “Come on, you can help with me and Akiha-chan with homework before dinner!”

Role Revert

By Pata Hikari

Part 3: Why did he kiss me?

While Shiki wasn’t exactly stupid, it was plain that Akiha exceeded him academically. Even though he was a year ahead of her, she seemed to grasp and remember the concepts of school work far better than him. Granted, neither he or Hisui needed much help as they tackled homework together. But if he and Hisui were of moderate intelligence, Akiha was practically a genius. Still, this was the first time he had ever done anything like this. He tended to be a loner, and he and Arihiko didn’t really talk much about school.

Soon enough, the clock rang, announcing that it was Six PM. “Annnd done!” Hisui said, slamming her textbook shut.

“Glad to see you’re as enthusiastic about... well, everything, Hisui-san.” Akiha stood up, “I believe it is around time to prepare for dinner.” With a bow she left the parlor

“Maaannnnn...” Hisui slumped over the table they were sitting at. “I wish Nee-san would let me cook.”

Well at least one thing hasn’t changed. Shiki thought, “Well, maybe there’s a good reason for that?”

“Pfft.” Hisui scoffed, “Nee-san just doesn’t appreciate the genius of banana shrimp pizza.”

Shiki wondered just what sort of culinary horrors Hisui had in her mind. “So, Hisui,” He decided it would be wise to move the topic away from food, “How is Kohaku-san anyways?”

“Nee-san’s fine.” Hisui rolled her head to the side, looking at Shiki directly, “She’s the responsible one, you know. I goof around everywhere, she cleans up after my messes.”

“I would have figured you good enough to clean up after yourself.” Shiki said.

“Nah I suck at cleaning,” Hisui laughed, with a hint of self-deprecation in there, “Nee-san’s the perfect housewife. Demure, good at everything at the home, smart with money...”

“Well being a housewife isn’t everything, you know.” Shiki said.

“Yup!” She sat up, pointing at Shiki, “That’s why, when I get through college, I’m counting on you to use your connections to set me up with a super-high paying job!”

“I could always use a second maid.” Shiki replied.

Hisui shrugged, “No way. Akiha-chan wouldn’t allow it.”

“Eh? What do you mean-”

“Not really my place to talk about it Shiki-chan.” Hisui said.

“Yeah, I get it.” Shiki said as the conversation seemed to fade.

It was Six Twenty Five when Akiha returned, dressed in that uniform once more. “Shiki-sama, Hisui-san, dinner is ready.”

“Well that’s good....” Shiki got out of his chair, “Hisui?”

Hisui was staring at Akiha. “...Hisui-san?” Akiha said.

“Huh? Oh... excuse me.” Hisui shook her head, “Dazed out there for a second.” The smile returned, “Man Akiha-chan, you look cute in that.”

“It’s nothing but a uniform...” Akiha said.

“Nah I agree with Hisui.” Shiki said, and grinned when he saw Akiha blush.

“D-don’t say such things! It’s improper, Shiki-sama!”

>-----------------------<

Dinner was surprising. Rather than the elaborate and fancy meal he had been expecting Akiha to prepare, it was hamburgers, french fries, and a salad. Akiha seemed to have noticed his surprise, “Is there a problem?”

“No, it’s just not what I was expecting...” Shiki admitted.

“I usually begin preparations for dinner at Five. However, since we had a guest that dragged me into doing my homework before work rather than after, I ended up having to prepare something that was quick.” Akiha admitted, “This meal is quick, and I know for a fact that Hisui-san eats more hamburgers than is healthy.”

“And yet you encourage my bad habit.” Hisui countered, sitting down at the seat that was set for her. “...no plate for you, Akiha-chan?”

“No. I am now at work, Hisui-san.” Akiha gestured towards her uniform.

“Right just let her do what she wants.” Shiki said, sitting down at the head of the table, “Though... she usually eats before she serves me.” Akiha didn’t say anything, but Shiki could tell he was on the mark, “I guess though, since you had to rush, you haven’t had anything yet?”

“I’ll be fine. I can eat later. The master of the house and his guest shouldn’t worry about me.”

Shiki sighed, “Hisui, never be as stubborn as her, please.”

“I’ll do my best.” Hisui said.

Shiki took a bite out of one of his french fries while Hisui drowned her salad in dressing. He didn’t know if he was getting used to things or if he had just decided to stop wasting energy being baffled about it. Akiha was still standing at attention behind him. It was a strange reversal. Still, there was something he knew he could do with Akiha that would let her relax a little. “Akiha... do you have any more wine?”

Akiha seemed taken aback, “I don’t think wine goes well with-”

“Oh not for dinner, for after. The three of us could sit back and relax.” Shiki said.

“Oh! That’s a great idea!” Hisui said, “I’m all for underage drinking!”

“...” Shiki stared at Hisui, “Uh, please don’t put it like that.”

Shiki and Hisui moved to the parlor, Hisui quickly got comfortable on a large couch, while Shiki took a chair. Akiha walked in shortly after, three glasses in hand... and several bottles of wine. Shiki didn’t comment, he knew that alcohol was one of Akiha’s little vices she rarely indulged in.

“Here you are, Shiki-sama.” Akiha handed him a glass and poured the wine, she repeated the process with Hisui. “Now... to...

“Come on Akiha, just sit down. You can relax with us tonight.” Shiki said.

Akiha sighed, “I guess....” She sat down next to Hisui on the couch, placing the wine bottles on the nearby table.

Their impromptu party began, Shiki turned on some music, as the conversation began to flit around in various directions. Shiki had been somewhat hoping that maybe alcohol would make them act a bit more like their usual selves.

“So anyways then Satsuki-senpai was all ‘oh no you didn’t’ and I was like ‘oh go get her girl’ and Senpai was going ‘come on Hisui-chan, I can’t just beat her up’ and then I-”

Hisui quickly disavowed him of that notion.

Akiha was nodding rapidly, clearly hanging on to every word the increasingly drunk Hisui said.

“After all that I... I....” Hisui stopped talking, her gaze turning to Shiki.

“Y-yes?” Shiki said.

“I just realized something.” Hisui said.

“What?” Akiha said.

Hisui raised her recently refilled glass into the air, “Shiki-chan has no power in this house!”

“What!?” Akiha stood up, “What do you mean by that!” Picking up an empty wine bottle, she pointed it forward. Presumably she meant to point it at Hisui in a dramatic fashion. However, her aim was off, and she was pointing at a wall.

“Well... Akiha-chan does everything, right?” How did Hisui’s glass keep switching so rapidly between empty and full? “She takes care of the cleaning, the cooking, she watches everything... I don’t think I’ve ever seen Shiki-chan say no to her. Soo.... she’s the power behind the throne!”

“Whaaaattt!” Akiha said, “That’s ridiculous! I’m just.. I’m just...”

“No that sounds about right.” Shiki said, taking another sip of wine.

“Shiki-saaammmaaa!” Akiha whined, “Don’t encourage her!”

“Hmmm... should I listen to you and prove Hisui right?” Shiki pondered, “I mean, I do never say no to you...”

“That’s not what it means!” Akiha’s face was red.

“Hehehe just admit it Akiha-chan, you’re the real master of the Tohno Mansion!”

“Here here! All hail Akiha-sama.” Shiki held up his glass in a toast.

“All hail Akiha-sama!” Hisui enthusiastically clinked her drink against Shiki’s.

“Nnnnnggggggg.....” Akiha groaned, “Stop making fun of me...”

Shiki wondered, for a moment, just how much wine Akiha had brought. His head was fuzzy, and he found himself walking around as the two girls stared at him. “You know what? You’re both acting really weird!” He announced.

“Ehhh whaddya mean Shikichan?” Hisui said.

“Well, for one.” Shiki said, “Hisui’s supposed to be my maid, and really serious. She’d wake me up and say ‘Good morning Shiki-sama’ and I’d say ‘Don’t call me Shiki-sama’ and then she’d say ‘I will remember that, Shiki-sama’.” For some reason, this made Akiha burst out laughing. “And you!” He pointed at Akiha, “You’re not supposed to be my maid. You’re my... my... uh... right! Lover! Girlfriend! Partner! Any one of those!”

“Ehhhh!?” Both Hisui and Akiha said at the same time.

“Yeah! Really Akiha. You freaked out just cause I saw your underwear? Pah. I’ve seen a tooonnn more than that.” Shiki wasn’t even using a glass anymore, he poured the bottle straight down his throat.

“Y-y-you peaked on me Shiki-sama!?” Akiha said.

“Pfftt peaked? Hell no. You stripped for me. Right in front of me. I remember this one time when we were at the beach...” And Shiki began telling a story. A ribald tale of some of the many times he and Akiha had interacted as lovers. The details slowly becoming more and more explicit, as Akiha’s face became redder and redder. Meanwhile Hisui’s grin became wider and wider with each new creative name for a sex position that came up.

“....and then you had to go to a meeting with some corporate type ten minutes later... but you were right back on me once it ended...” Shiki finished the bottle, falling down onto the chair, “You saying you don’t remember any of that Akiha?” Akiha didn’t say anything, what
    could she say? Upon noting her blushing silence, Shiki became notably depressed, “You don’t, do you.” He sighed, holding the bottle upside down, “Damn it. Empty.”

Hisui, drunk as she was, seemed to realize it was time for a change of subject, “What bout Neesan? If we’re actin funny... how does she do normally Shikichan?”

However, her attempt to lighten Shiki’s mood failed, “Kohaku... I dunno.”

The following silence lasted only a brief moment. “Shiki-sama!” Akiha suddenly stood up, “If you wish that of me, then as your loyal servant I have no choice!” She began to try and take off her blouse. But the buttons proved strangely difficult.

“Wait! Akihachan!” Hisui grabbed Akiha’s arms and valiantly attempted to halt her undressing, “Don’t be impulsive!”

“Quiet Hisui! If Shiki-sama wants to do the raging bull with me, then I must!” Akiha struggled to pull Hisui off her so she could strip properly, but this only ended with both girls collapsed onto the ground.

Fortunately, this succeeded where Hisui had failed, and Shiki started laughing. “Man... this is pretty nice too though, a bit.”

“A-hah!” Akiha pulled herself free of Hisui, pulling herself up onto Shiki. “Now, Shiki-sama....” She said, straddling his waist, “I... I’ll do whatever you want!”

Shiki sighed, “You don’t have to do anything you don’t want.”

“But I...” Akiha lost her strength, and fell forward onto Shiki. “I want you to be happy.”

Shiki smiled faintly, “That’s OK Akiha. I’ll figure out what’s going on... eventually...”

Shiki woke up with a small headache. “What... time is it...?” His glasses were still on, had he really fallen asleep in the parlor? He looked to his left, he had. Hisui was sleeping on the floor, while there was a warmth on top of him. It was Akiha, she had fallen asleep on top of him. His eyes widened in panic, but he quickly noticed that Akiha was still completely dressed. “Geez.... I got a little too into it.” The last thing he remembered clearly was teasing Akiha with Hisui with that little toast. His attention turned to the young woman sleeping on top of him. It was a sight he had seen many times before, her peaceful sleeping face. When Akiha let the stress around her fade, and allowed herself to simply rest with him there for her.

He was always grateful when he was able to wake up to see this sight, even now, with things strange and wrong, just seeing her at peace made him smile. Even if she wasn’t quite the same as the Akiha he knew... it was too much to resist. So he gave into the temptation, just a little bit. Leaning forward, he softly kissed her on the lips. “Ahhh...” Akiha groaned, her posture shifting as she began to waken. Shiki quickly leaned back and closed his eyes, “N....Shiki-sama?”

Shiki pretended to wake up, “Oh... ahhh... good morning Akiha.” He smiled as Akiha realized just where she was.

“S-S-Shiki-s-sama....”

Shiki couldn’t help himself, “Now Akiha, I know you’re the real queen of this kingdom. But that doesn’t mean you have to literally use me as a throne.”

“Ahhhhhh!!” Akiha jumped off him, her face red, “I’m sorry I’m sorry!”

“Wazzaatt...?” Hisui woke up at this time. “Oh. Akiha-chan finally made her-”

“Hisui!” Akiha quickly shut the other girl up.

Shiki just laughed, stretching as he got out of the chair, “Well, Akiha, I think I’ll take a shower before school. You should too.” He waved to the two girls, leaving the room.

“Fine...” Akiha sighed.

“Right... I think I’ll go make break-” Hisui was stopped by Akiha grabbing her by the collar.

“You can shower too, Hisui-san. Breakfast can be simple today.” Akiha said.

“Awww...” Hisui groaned, before heading off to one of the many bathrooms in this mansion.

Akiha was now alone in the parlor, one hand went up, touching her lips. “Did... did he really...?” She said aloud to nobody, “Or...” or was it a dream, like the rest of what she had seen as she rested in his arms.

“Still...” Akiha whispered, frowning, “Why, in those dreams, did I call him Nii-san?”

Last edited by Pata Hikari; May 6th, 2013 at 08:45 PM.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Intriguing . . . And a drunken Hisui is scary.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    Intriguing . . . And a drunken Hisui is scary.
    I dunno, I kinda like drunken Hisui.

Also, nice chapter Pata, so very few people write Tsukihime fanfics so every time I see one pop up it's like a finding a little trinket on an archeological dig, keep it up.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

This will somehow prove to be all Kohaku's fault. And yes, drunken Hisui is love. Shiki should take her back with him. And why the heck is Akiha dreaming the "normal" world? (Well, technically Pata only said that this reality wasn't all just a dream. Didn't say a thing about the canon story not being one.) Darned unanswered questions!
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    This will somehow prove to be all Kohaku's fault.
    Everything is Kohaku's fault.

Blog Entries
    This will somehow prove to be all Kohaku's fault. And yes, drunken Hisui is love. Shiki should take her back with him. And why the heck is Akiha dreaming the "normal" world? (Well, technically Pata only said that this reality wasn't all just a dream. Didn't say a thing about the canon story not being one.) Darned unanswered questions!
    Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Everything is Kohaku's fault.
    Why are you guys so mean to poor Kohaku, here she is, having a normal life being a good girl and is even going out. What has she done to you to cast such judgements without any proof ;_;

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

Blog Entries
    It's always Kohaku's fault.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    It's always Kohaku's fault.
    Jinx, you owe me a soda.

Blog Entries
    Jinx, you owe me a soda.
    Sure. I'll buy you a drink, but you have to pay for shipping ;p

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeOfPower View Post
    Sure. I'll buy you a drink, but you have to pay for shipping ;p
    Thanks but no thanks, I can get drinks for free. ;p Thanks for the offer, though!

Blog Entries
    Thanks but no thanks, I can get drinks for free. ;p Thanks for the offer, though!
    Ha! Little girl bragging about something as easy as taking candy from a kid!

So, how about giving Pata Hikari another +1 in the Recommendations thread?

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

Hisui felt... strange. She walked to school with Shiki and Akiha. Ever since entering that mansion, even though she remembered coming over many times before, she had felt like something was... wrong. Like she was wrong and reality didn’t match with what should be.

She walked to school, trailing behind Shiki and Akiha, even though, as far as she could remember, she tended to lead the way.

Role Revert

By Pata Hikari

Part 4: Why is she smiling?

“Oh, good morning Shiki-san.” Their path intersected with Kohaku once they were close to the school. Shiki couldn’t quite read Kohaku’s mood. She seemed to be in a good mood, but Shiki had by now learned that exactly how Kohaku felt could be very difficult to achieve. “Did you have a good time with Hisui-chan?” She asked.

Shiki laughed a little uneasily, “Well, yeah, I guess we did.” He decided to not bring up that he couldn’t quite remember half the night. Hisui was saying something to Akiha that she vehemently denied.

Kohaku smiled, “Glad to hear it. We keep on imposing on you, been doing it for the longest time.”

Shiki shrugged, “I don’t mind Kohaku-san. Life would be boring without you and Hisui.”

“Oh, what about Akiha-san?”

“Her too. The three of you are... well... you’re practically my family.” Shiki’s relationship with the Armias had always been strained, due to him just not feeling like he belonged, his birth family was all dead. His adoptive family had... gone badly. SHIKI had nearly killed him, there was nobody on this earth Shiki hated more than Tohno Makihisa, and he had long stopped thinking of Akiha has a sister. So, as Akiha had slipped into the role of his partner, Hisui and Kohaku slipped into an odd pseudo-sibling relationship.

Kohaku laughed lightly at this, “I guess me and Hisui-chan will be invited to the reunion then?”

“Sure, why not?” Shiki said, “I’ll just say you’re all my guests and they’ll have to wait on you hand and foot.”

“Oh that sounds like fun...” Kohaku said.

Once again it was lunch time with Arihiko. “So,” Shiki began their conversation casually, “How was your date?” Before it quickly shifted into seriousness.

“Oh... hey man. What’s with the scary look?” Arihiko said.

“Just curious about what you did with Kohaku-san?” Shiki said in a pleasant tone that made Arihiko shudder.

“Geez man, you’re terrifying.” Arihiko laughed, “You’re acting like I was dating your sister or something.”

“Nah if you were trying that you’d be dead already.” Shiki answered without missing a beat.

“Seesh such a cold blooded answer.” Arihiko leaned back in his chair, “Still, I guess I should answer your question before I end up a murder victim. Me and Kohaku-chan walked around, had some cheap ramen, and played some games at the arcade.”

“That’s all?” Shiki said, incredulous.

“Well, yeah. What? Did you take me for some kind of pervert?” Arihiko laughed again, the laughter quickly fading as Shiki didn’t laugh with him, “You do, don’t you.”

“Absolutely.” Shiki admitted. “Well, it’s just, Kohaku-san is...”

“Yeah I get it.” Arihiko said, “You’ve always been like that. Poor Hisui-chan, never able to get a date.” He sighed dramatically, “If only the Tohno Monster wasn’t there, they could live a normal life.”

“Oh very funny.” Shiki said with incredible sarcasm. He opened his lunch box, picking up some rice and eating it for a few minutes. “So, why Kohaku-san?”

Arihiko raised an eyebrow, “Really? You don’t know?”

“I don’t know why she’d say yes to dating you-”

“Dude, she asked me out.” Arihiko said.

So this was how I’m going to die. Shiki thought, Choking on rice as Arihiko says the most impossible thing in the universe. Fortunately, he managed to cough enough to get the rice down his throat. “Seriously?”

“I don’t really get it either.” Arihiko shrugged, “She just asked if I wanted to out with her a month ago. You’ll have to ask her.”

“Got it, this is a mystery I’ll have to solve another day.” Shiki said, “Just one of many...”

“Oh? What kind of mysteries does our great Tohno-sama have to solve?” Arihiko was grinning.

“Well, for one, to find out why I seem to be trapped in a world in which everything is wrong. Also why I can see the absolute Death of All Things. Why in the world Hisui thinks Banana Shrimp Pizza is a good idea, those sorts of things.”

Arihiko laughed, “Man those are some dumb mysteries.”

Shiki just rolled his eyes, well, not like he expected Arihiko to realize he wasn’t exactly joking.

“Seriously. Why Banana Shrimp?”

“Beats me.” Arihiko said with a shrug.

“You’re going off again?” Hisui whined.

Kohaku was frowning, “I’m not going to be gone long Hisui-chan. I’ll be back in time for dinner. Unless you want to-”

“No way. I can’t impose on Shiki-chan twice in a row! Need at least a day between each mooching.” Hisui was pouting.

“Oh? What’s going on?” Akiha approached the girls.

“Hey Akiha-chan.” Hisui waved, before pointing dramatically at Kohaku, “This person is spending soooo much time with her new lame boyfriend!”

Akiha sighed, “Hisui-san, last I checked, weren’t you the one who insisted Kohaku-san ask Inui-san on a date?”

“Eehhhh that was just a joke! I thought it’d be funny to see Ari-kun make a jackass of himself.” Hisui said.

This prompted Kohaku to roll her eyes, “Hisui-chan, I am forever grateful that you consider my love life a source of endless amusement.”

“Hehehehe.” Hisui laughed nervously, “You’re not mad, Nee-san?”

“Oh that depends...” Kohaku said, “Think about it for a bit Hisui-chan, maybe dinner will be interesting tonight.”

“Ohhh no fair Nee-san, holding my food over my head like a damocles sword!” Hisui whined.

“You bring it on yourself Hisui-san.” Akiha said.

“Ahhhh! Even Akiha-chan is against me!” Hisui made a motion as if to faint. “Well then, I should probably get home now.”

Akiha nodded, “Shiki-sama seems a bit busy right now, I think I’ll go home now and start dinner preparations.”

Kohaku sat down on a bench near the gate, “I’ll just wait for Arihiko-san then.”

“Welcome home Shiki-sama.” Shiki was surprised to see Akiha had gotten home ahead of him, changed into that maid uniform, and was waiting for him at the front door.

“Hi Akiha,” Shiki waved to her, “So is it just you and me today?”

“That’s right.” Akiha seemed to be in a good mood, “As much as I’m sure you enjoy company, I’m positive that you enjoy your alone time, right Shiki-sama?”

Shiki shrugged, “I’m not really alone if you’re here.”

“Oh. R-right.” Akiha blushed, “I didn’t think you’d really consider me...”

Shiki laughed, “You’re adorable when you blush like that, you know?” He walked past her into the mansion.

“S-Sh-Shiki-sama! Don’t say such things!” Akiha said, following him inside.

Shiki couldn’t focus on his homework, while he worked on some math problems, Akiha was running around doing all the housecleaning. It was ridiculous, even Hisui and Kohaku had split duties. But here this Akiha was, sweeping, washing, cooking, everything. It bothered him, it bothered him even more than usual.

Some small part of him snidely pointed out that his guilt had only started to grow when it was Akiha doing the work. He dismissed that with a small reasoning that Hisui and Kohaku were paid to do this, when as far as he knew this was just some delusion of Akiha’s. “Akiha,” He said to her, catching her attention as she was dusting a table. “Can you come here for a minute? I want to talk to you.”

“Very well.” Ahika set down the duster, approaching him. “What is it Shiki-sama?”

“First, can you sit down? I think this might take a while.” Shiki gestured to a chair across the table he was sitting at.

Akiha sighed, “Very well.” She sat down across from him.

“Now then...” Shiki closed his eyes in thought, how to broach the subject. “Can... you tell me what you’ve felt your childhood is like?” He decided to start there.

However, Akiha looked confused, “Shiki-sama, you should know-”

“I want to know how you felt.” Shiki said, interrupting her obvious objection. Of course he knew her childhood, but he was doubting it was the same.

“Very well.” Akiha sighed, “Where to begin...? I guess it started with my being taken in. Makihisa-sama took me under his care at a very young age. At the time, I had nothing. No family, no history. The only thing I had was the clothing on my back.” She looked distant, “I don’t know quite why he did. He never said anything about it, and I ultimately asked to be hired as a maid to help repay my debt. As a child I would play with you all the time, Shiki-sama.”

Shiki nodded, “I remember that. You would just follow me around a lot.”

Akiha smiled nostalgically, “I was a very shy child.”

Shiki himself became lost in fond memories, “The four of us had a lot of fun...”

“That’s right. You, Hisui-san, me and.... and.....” Ahika’s expression suddenly looked pained, a hand went up to her forehead.

“Akiha...?”

“And... and Kohaku-san. Yes. the four of us would play around, do silly things. I remember making a painting with Hisu involving you.” Akiha’s face flushed a little. Shiki remembered that too, and gestured for her to go on. “And well, then Makihisa-sama had you sent away.”

“Why?” Shiki asked.

“Why...? I... I don’t know. I think it was for your education.” Akiha said. “Shouldn’t you know?”

“I’m just asking your opinion on things.” Shiki said.

“Well my opinion is that you shouldn’t have been, but it was Makihisa-sama’s choice.” Akiha said with a huff.

“So you then spent a few more years here, getting educated and decided to become a maid?”

“That’s correct.” Akiha nodded, “You finally returned last year. It was such a great day, I... missed you greatly, Shiki-sama.”

“Yeah, last year when I came back. And... those murders.” Shiki said finally.

“...murders?” Akiha said.

Shiki frowned, “You remember, the Vampire Murders? That happened last year? Around the time I came back? It was all over the news.”

Akiha shook her head, “I’m sorry, I must have missed that.”

Shiki sighed, “Never mind. It’s not important.”

However Akiha’s expression clearly communicated that she didn’t believe him on that matter, she let it slide with a nod. “Is this all?”

Shiki shook his head, “What about Kohaku-san? What’s your relationship with her like?”

Akiha shrugged, “We get along well enough. We’re both a bit more serious and quiet then Hisui. I, well, I have confided a few things in her.”

Shiki smiled, “So she’s like your confidant?”

“Well, nothing so deep. Just friends who talk to each other.” Akiha muttered, looking away from Shiki.

“Still, glad to hear you get along so well.” Shiki said. With those final words the room became silent. Akiha didn’t say anything, and Shiki couldn’t think of anything more to say. Well, that wasn’t true. There were a few things he could say, but wouldn’t.

He wanted to tell Akiha how he felt around her, to remind her of who she was in his eyes. He didn’t like the idea of being served and always treated Hisui and Kohaku as, at most, employees rather than servants meant to be subservient. Akiha was even more pronounced.

He didn’t want a servant. He wanted the woman who was his equal partner back. He wanted the woman who looked out for him, who he discussed their future with. He wanted to be able to worry about her too. He wanted to be able to act upon his feelings without thinking he was taking advantage of her. But he couldn’t. Because he didn’t know.

“Shiki-sama...” Akiha turned to face him again, her expression a faint smile, “I-”

The phone rang.

“I’ll get it!” Shiki quickly stood up, this was the best rebellion he could think of against Akiha insisting on being a servant. He ran past her to the phone, “Hello?”

“Ah, Shiki-san.” It was Kohaku. Her voice sounded.... strange.

“What is it Kohaku-san?” Shiki said.

“It’s... it’s Arihiko-san. I’m at the hospital right now. I... I just saw him in.”

“What!?” Shiki shouted, “What is it? Is he OK? Are you-”

“C-can you come talk to me about it here...?” Kohaku’s voice was shaking.

“Of course!” Shiki said, “I’ll be right there, bye!” He hung up the phone, “Sorry Akiha, there’s been an emergency. Arihiko’s been hospitalized!”

“What?! Is he OK?” Akiha said, her eyes wide with shock.

“I don’t know. Kohaku-san wants to talk about it in person.” Shiki said.

“Th-that’s fine. I’ll keep handling things here, you go see what’s wrong.” Akiha said.

“Right! Thank you.” Shiki said before running out the door at high speeds. What was going on? What could have hurt Arihiko?

When Shiki arrived, the lobby to the hospital was strangely empty. Only Kohaku and one other woman were sitting in the waiting room. “Kohaku-san!” Shiki shouted as he ran over to her, she mechanically turned to face him.

Her expression was of horror.

“Kohaku-san... where’s Arihiko!?” He sat down next to her, “Is he... OK?”

“The doctors are treating him.” Kohaku seemed to be doing her best to keep her voice level. “He... was stabbed, several times in the abdomen. Fortunately, no vital organs were pierced.”

“W-what!? Who did this? Do you know? Was it a burglar?” Shiki couldn’t hide his fear, he desperately pleaded for any information from Kohaku.

Kohaku didn’t say anything for some time. She just stared down at her feet. “I... I did.”

“....what?” Shiki couldn’t think of anything to say. What... what did she mean she stabbed him?

“I had come over to Arihiko-san’s house. You see, yesterday... on the date, I had wanted to do more, but his sister showed up and well....” Kohaku began to explain without any emotion. “So I decided to spend some more time with him. Today was good, we managed to be alone at his place. So we kissed a bit, he held me. So we decided now was a good time, so I began to undress.” Her fingernails dug into her knees, “I... I was fine. I was looking forward to it! And then he touched me.”

“What... happened?”

“When he touched me. I suddenly felt my entire body and mind reject it. I felt...revulsion, like it was the most disgusting thing any human being could do. I wanted to scream, so I did. It... it felt like I was reliving something horrible. I couldn’t think, all I knew is that I wanted the monster I felt inside of me and outside of me and everywhere gone and I couldn't think so I grabbed a pocket knife on his dresser and just began to stab and stab until he was gone and Arihiko-san remained and I realized what I had done.” She looked up at Shiki, and she was smiling.

A familiar, empty smile that Shiki always knew Kohaku to wear.

“And you know what’s funny, Shiki-san? Even though I know I should be scared, I know I should be worried? Deep down... I don’t feel anything at all.”

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Wow that is just creepy. It went in a different direction contrary to my expectation.

Well, CRAP. Reality is bleeding over in the worst possible way. Poor Arihiko.

Now that I can drop pretenses of this being a comedy the fun can begin.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    You MONSTER

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Not sure what you were talking about, Arihiko getting brutally assaulted by a girl right when he was about to get laid was comedy gold I tell ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    Q: Does SHIKI have no analogue here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

That's a question all right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Not sure what you were talking about, Arihiko getting brutally assaulted by a girl right when he was about to get laid was comedy gold I tell ya.
    You must be a hit at funerals.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I make widows laugh so hard they can't stop crying.