Thread: Tsukihime Fanfic: Role Revert

Quote Originally Posted by Pata Hikari View Post
    That's a question all right.
    Indeed it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilantia View Post
    Time to go to the holodeck! *Rams head up Sakura's vagina*

Quote Originally Posted by Kuradora View Post
    Q: Does SHIKI have no analogue here?
    It's a good question--Akiha seems to be able to remember yet not remember him (in this world, did her mind get wiped?).

Kohaku's reaction was interesting--because it seemed that first her "normal" memories bled over into this self, resulting in the panicked reaction that left Arihiko in the hospital, and only then did her personality start to come over as well (because her "normal" self wouldn't got into Panic Mode at being touched).

The question, of course, is why? Is this some sort of artificial reality they've all been placed into? An alternate world which has somehow become connected to the normal one? One thing I think we can rule out is any sort of subjective artificial existence (that is to say, it's not real just for Shiki, or else other "players" wouldn't start to be affected by their normal selves the way Kohaku, and perhaps also Akiha, were).

...Sadly, Kelnish is right. Arihiko getting knifed just as he was about to get some is kind of bleakly funny. It's like the fabric of reality couldn't stand such a distortion as Arihiko sex, so Kohaku had to warp back just then. It's like the Counter Force or something.

It's still probably all Kohaku's fault.
    Quotes & Stuff...No, no stuff, just quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Oh, man, you ruined it, I was typing up a big thing about how "three reams" equals 3000 sheets of paper, and that it connects back to the ancient Japanese legend about how folding a thousand paper cranes will grant you a single wish. It was going to be wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Not really, more like he knows that realistically he can't save everyone but he's going to strive to do so no matter what regardless, because Fuck The Ideal Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not procrastination, it's pressure-assisted output management.
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I'm a neckbeard, son. If I ever multiply it'd be through cell division.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
    It's like the Counter Force or something.
    Arihiko would later wonder why the guy in red with the weird swords nodded in approval as Kohaku stabbed him.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Blog Entries
    I am not dissapoint. Good work.
    If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim,
    If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster;
    And treat those two impostors just the same,

-Ruyard Kipling, "If"

-)|(-

My works [Updated June 21st, 2013]

"From a dusky world with an ever-setting sun, a limitless rain of Ryougi Shiki streaked down from gargantuan gears set in the sky." Fate: Over 9000, my best Crack yet.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now that I can drop pretenses of this being a comedy the fun can begin.
    That's a terrifying concept - though I must admit, the comedy was fun.

Oh I mean fun for me.

Cause all writers are sadists.

JP Friend Code
    PM Me
    Blog Entries
    Oh, nice chapter. What a tweest!! Now this is getting even more interesting.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Now that I can drop pretenses of this being a comedy the fun can begin.
    The old Bait and Switch. Nice.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My mouth is still open from that ending. Unexpected much.

Blog Entries
    Yes, some darkness seeps into the illusion, wonder what will happen right now with everything that's going on. For one thing, if this is an alternate universe then why did old bastard take Akiha as a maid? She also seems to have had her memories erased judging by her reaction whe Shiki asked her to dig up into her past. So much to speculate about!

Thanks for another update, it certainly has me wondering what will happen now.

Spoilered for your convenience

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    Or he just knows that Sakura's vagina isn't the scary place everyone else thinks it is.
    A good box is like a good woman: thick, sturdy, and easy to get into.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Breasts aren't made of concrete. They do change shape- gravity, orientation, momentum.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    I am thy lord thy canon pairing. Thou shalt not have any other pairings before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblueknighto View Post
    Horrible people don't like bacon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Holy shit man you're magical.
    Words don't have genders you illiterate fucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paitouch View Post
    I am 100% uncultured swine.
    We now live in a world where a Final Fantasy VII remake will exist before the Tsukihime remake.

New chapter yay yay!

The hospital was quiet as Shiki entered the room Arihiko was resting in. He was awake, though pale. He was wearing a large hospital gown, and Shiki was sure he was wrapped in a ton of bandages. Arihiko’s gaze quickly moved to him. The two friends waited in silence. What could be said? What could Shiki possibly say to his friend right now? Finally, Shiki sighed, pinched the bridge of his nose and spoke.

“I knew you were bad with women, but really?”

Arihiko snorted with a self-derisive laugh.

Role Revert

By Pata Hikari

Part 5: Where is she?

“So are you OK?” Shiki said, leaning against the wall, staring directly at his friend.

Arihiko returned his gaze with a confident grin, “Eh, I’ve lived through worse.”

“Well that’s a relief. It would have been a pain to pay for your funeral.” Shiki said.

“Pfft I didn’t know tossing my body into the river cost so much.” Arihiko replied.

They both laughed quietly to themselves for a minute, before Shiki spoke up again. “You’re not mad, at Kohaku-san, are you?” It was an absurd question on the face of it. She had just brutally injured him, but he was asking if he wasn’t mad?

“Nah. It was... weird.” Arihiko said, “It was like her mind wasn’t there anymore. It was somewhere else. She just was yelling ‘stop’ over and over. Then when she realized she had gutted me she snapped back into reality, crying and apologizing.” He tried to sit up, but it seemed his current condition didn’t allow it. “You’ve known Kohaku-chan a lot longer then I have dude, do you have any idea what happened?”

Shiki sighed, pushing his glasses up, “Arihiko. Can you promise never to mention this to anyone? And I mean anyone, don’t even tell Kohaku-san I told you this.”

Arihiko frowned, “That serious? Is it something Kohaku-chan doesn’t want me to know?”

“I don’t know. It’s... complicated.” Shiki said, “Still... I think it’s best for you to know.” He took a deep breath, focused himself and finally spoke about a topic that he deeply loathed. “Kohaku-san was... sexually abused as a child.”

“What?! What the hell? That’s... you’re serious?” Arihiko said, and Shiki nodded grimly. “What the hell... what kind of sick fucker would do that?”

“...my old man.” Shiki practically spat it out. Arihiko had never seen Shiki look so angry as he did that moment.

“What... what the hell? Him? Why did... that’s... that’s messed up.” Arihiko said, “Wait...” A grim thought came to Arihiko’s mind, “He died around last year... around the time you were asked to-”

Shiki laughed bitterly, “Nah. I didn’t kill him, if that’s what you’re thinking. For what he did, yeah, I wish I could have though.”

Arihiko just sighed, “So is that why she... freaked out?”

Shiki nodded, “Though... I think Kohaku-san doesn’t quite remember it.”

“So what? Repressed memories or something?” Arihiko said.

“I... I don’t really know. The point is that she doesn’t seem to consciously realize it right now. Hisui doesn’t know either.” Shiki said.

“Yeah, I get it. So basically just be a good understanding boyfriend and keep my mouth shut.” Arihiko said.

“Sorry about this.” Shiki added.

Arihiko shrugged, “No problem man.”

>-----------------------<

When Shiki returned to the waiting room, he noticed that two more people had joined in. Namely, two police officers that were talking to Kohaku.

“Good evening Officers,” Shiki slipped into the conversation, “Is something going on?”

“Hmm?” The taller and older officer glanced at Shiki, “We’re talking to this young lady about an incident, nothing for you to be worried about.”

“Oh but she’s my friend. Of course I’m worried about her.” Shiki bowed, “I’m Tohno Shiki, it’s nice to meet you officer.”

“Tohno...?” The officer muttered.

“Yes. Kohaku-san is a long time friend of mine, and she’s recently been traumatized by a brutal attack on her boyfriend.” Shiki gave a casual and polite smile, “I’m sure that the last thing she needs is extra stress. She’s given a statement?”

“W-well yeah. Said some robber got in, and attacked him.”

“Then is there anything else you need to be asking her?” Shiki said.

“Wait a min-” The younger officer said, but was silenced by a glare from his partner.

“No you’re right Tohno-san, we’ll be leaving now.”

“Thank you very much.” Shiki said, as the officers quickly left. “Well...” He sighed, “That wasn’t fun.” He disliked that, he knew full well the Tohno name was one well known in city politics. And here he was, using that name to deflect attention away. Well, it wasn’t like they could understand what Kohaku was going through. Once the officers were gone, he glanced back at Kohaku, “Are you alright, Kohaku-san?”

Kohaku looked up away from the ground into Shiki’s eyes, “Oh, I’m fine... thank you Shiki-san.”

Shiki gave her his attempt at a comforting smile, “How about I walk you home?”

Kohaku nodded, “That would be fine, Shiki-san.”

Shiki didn’t actually know where Kohaku was living now, luckily he could simply let her lead the way. Walking beside her, doing his best not to look like he has no idea where they’re going. Finally they reached an apartment building, climbing up to the second floor and reaching a nondescript door. Kohaku reached into her bag, pulling out a key and unlocking it. “I’m home.” She announced wearily, she walked in, pulling off her shoes, “You can come and sit down for a minute.” She said to him.

“Oh, thank you.” Shiki said, pulling off his own shoes and following Kohaku inside. The apartment was sparsely furnished, a few seats, a table, a single TV. Standing in the kitchen was Hisui, a phone in her hands.

“...come on come on... nothing.” Hisui said and hung up the phone. “Oh, hey Nee-san... Shiki-chan? Did something happen?”

Kohaku just sighed, “I... it’s long and difficult.” She said.

Shiki decided to be a little helpful, “Arihiko’s gotten himself in the hospital and Kohaku-san’s worried about him.”

Hisui’s eyes widened in shock, “What!? How? What did he do? What happen-”

“He’s fine Hisui-chan. Don’t worry about.” Kohaku said quickly. “Just... just... just get some leftovers into the microwave please.” She sat down in front of the TV and turned it on.

Hisui turned to Shiki, her expression asking him what was going on. In response he just shook his head. “Oh fine... I’ll make some tea.” Hisui said, “I... can do that much.”

“Thanks,” Shiki said.

It was late by the time Shiki got home again. Akiha was standing in the entryway, “Welcome back.” She said to him, bowing as he staggered into the large empty building.

“Hello.” Shiki didn’t ask if Akiha was waiting for him the entire time. He was too tired to bring that up. “I’m not hungry Akiha. I don’t think I’ll be having dinner tonight.”

Akiha didn’t say anything about that, simply nodded in reply, “Very well.”

Breakfast was silent, the walk to school was silent.

Shiki was glad, he didn’t want to talk right now. He was too busy trying to think of what he could do. There had to be some-

“Kohaku’s not at school today.” People were whispering around him.

“I heard she went to Inui’s place.”

“Yeah I live near him, there were sirens going on!”

“You think he might...”

“Well he does look like the kind of...”

“I knew she was playing with fire-”

Shiki slammed his hands against his desk, the whispering students in his class immediately stared at him.

“Arihiko got himself hurt, and Kohaku-san’s worried sick about him.” Shiki said, his voice a low growl, “He’s not that kind of guy.”

Nobody said anything for a short time, then the whispering started up again. It seemed that they remembered him as being fiercely protective of Kohaku, and that if he said nothing had happened to her, then nothing had.

People seemed to realize that Shiki wanted to be left alone after that, so the other students left him alone. So Shiki finished his school day in silence, as he shuffled out of class after the others. As he did, he noticed a familiar person slipping into a different classroom across the hall. “Hisui...?” He wondered if he should follow her. She was, apparently, a second year. So there was little reason for her to be up on the third floor, especially entering another classroom. Did she had a meeting with somebody? He stood outside the door to the classroom, wondering what Hisui was doing-

“What do you mean you can’t find them!” Hisui’s voice flew through the door of the classroom. Shiki decided that now was a good time to see what was going on. Hisui was standing in front of a teacher, he looked fairly embarrassed.

“I’m sorry, but I think we’ve misplaced her records, I can’t find her in my attendance sheet or her grades...”

“But she’s in your class! God how could you miss-”

“Hisui.” Shiki said, interrupting her tirade.

“Ah! Shiki-chan!” Hisui turned around.

“Is something the matter?” Shiki asked, “Like... why are you up here?”

Hisui was frowning, “It’s horrible Shiki-chan. Senpai’s been gone for a while, yet people don’t seem to care! And her grades and records are missing!”

Shiki frowned, “Who’s missing Hisui...?”

Hisui looked shocked, “What.. don’t you realize it Shiki-chan?”

Shiki shook his head.

“Yumizuka Satsuki-Senpai! She’s been gone for the past few days, and she won’t answer when I call!”

Shiki felt a chill come over him.

Hisui’s goal of trying to bring some homework to Satsuki failed, seeing as there wasn’t any homework for her. Hisui walked ahead of him, her fists clenching and unclenching as she silently marched. Once they reached the gate, Hisui turned around and pointed at Shiki. “We’re going to see Satsuki-senpai.”

“Huh?”

“Something weird’s going on. She’s sick or something. I’m going to go see her.” Hisui said, “Come on.” She grabbed his arm. “We’ll find out what’s going on!”

“W-Wait, Hisui!” Shiki protested, but it was useless. Hisui was as stubborn as ever. She marched, and Shiki was dragged. All the way to a small house in a quiet neighborhood. Hisui strode up to the door and knocked.

A minute later, the door opened. It was an older woman, her brown hair and worried face looked familiar to Shiki. “Hisui...?” She said, with a bleary eyed expression.

“Afternoon Yumizuka-san.” Hisui said, “Is Satsuki-senpai sick? I’m a bit worried about her?”

The woman’s expression turned worse. “It’s... I don’t know. She.. she’s vanished!”

They had been invited in the house, Shiki looked around. It was a fairly normal house, it reminded him of the Arimas. Hisui acted familiar with the building, and followed what Shiki assumed was Satsuki’s mother.

“We didn’t fight or anything. I just woke up one morning and she wasn’t there. I thought maybe she had left for school early but then she didn’t come back and I don’t know where she went!” Mrs. Yumizuka, it seemed, was taking the two guests as opportunity to vent about her worries.

Shiki didn’t say anything, but Hisui seemed to be expressing worry. “That’s weird... she just left?”

“I don’t know! The doors were all locked and she left behind her key!” Mrs. Yumizuka said.

“Can I see her room?” Shiki suggested.

“Hmm...? You are...”

“He’s a friend of mine.” Hisui said, “And can we?”

Mrs. Yumizuka sighed, “I guess. Maybe there’s some hint I missed.”

“Have you called the police?” Shiki asked, following her to where Satsuki’s room was.

“Of course, they say they’re looking for her...” Mrs. Yumizuka said, opening the door to what appeared to be a perfectly normal room. There was a desk with textbooks on it, a shelf with some books and manga. A western style bed and nightstand in the corner. Some photos hung from a wall. Shiki immediately noticed this room didn’t have a window.

The room was well kept, but something seemed off about it. Shiki walked over to the bookshelf and removed a book from the shelf. Behind the book was a fair amount of dust. It was like the shelf had been cleaned often, but the books themselves were rarely moved. Next Shiki examined the desk, the textbooks looked familiar. He picked one up, it was a second year math book. Shiki opened the drawers, inside were papers. Homework, from the looks of it. The papers were dating for 1999, last year.

The phone rang, “I’ll get it.” Mrs. Yumizuka said, rushing out of her room. Shiki and Hisui stood alone, Hisui was looking around and frowning.

“Where are the pictures of me? I remember some being here.” Hisui said.

“When was the last time you remember seeing her?” Shiki asked.

“Last Saturday, at school.” Hisui answered.

“What!? What do you mean-” Mrs. Yumizuka’s voice flew into the room.

Shiki shook his head, “That... doesn’t work, Hisui. Yumizuka-san... died over a year ago.” Shiki finally said what had been eating at him since he heard that name.

“She can’t have!” Mrs. Yumizuka shouted. “I... that doesn’t make any sense!” There was a thud as a phone was violently hung up. Mrs. Yumizuka, if anything, looked even more pale when she returned to the room. She looked at Shiki and Hisui, her expression frazzled.

“What, did they say Yumizuka-san?” Hisui asked quietly.

“The... the police called, saying that she’s been missing for a long time.” Mrs. Yumizuka said, “They said that they have records of his disappearance from last year.” She sighed, “I’m sorry, but I need to go to the station. I need to see this for myself...”

“No it’s alright Yumizuka-san.” Shiki said, “We were just about to leave.” He gently took Hisui’s hand, leading her out of the house.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    I'm not gonna lie. That was pretty well done. I actually did shiver a bit. M. Night Shamamamamamalyn would be proud.

Blog Entries
    I quite enjoyed this chapter. Congratulations are in order.
    It seems things are firmly going south.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

That implies they were ever not south to begin with.

Blog Entries
    Unless you're standing on the geographical South Pole, it's always possible to go further south.

Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )

Fair enough!

God have mercy on my rolls... Servant Shiki's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Noir
    Great Job! Things just seem to get weirder and weirder and even though I don't know what's going on (something I hate in a story) I love how this is going.
    Lancer x Archer OTP
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Servant Shiki View Post
    Great Job! Things just seem to get weirder and weirder and even though I don't know what's going on (something I hate in a story) I love how this is going.
    Guess you didn't like KnK that much on the first watching, did you?

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Or Tsukihime when you first started reading it.