Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Well, said I was going to post her up eventually:

Spoiler:
    ~ Servant Saviour ~

Beatrice Portinari, Light of Revelation

: Neutral Good :

The young girl idolised by the poet Dante Alighieri, even though their actual meetings were quite fleeting, she became immortalised in his poetry as a beacon of innocence and shining example of purity. Oddly enough, two of her Noble Phantasms require her to witness sin to be activated, so is her purity the lack of knowledge on sin, or the mental strength to remain untainted in its presence?

Parameters

Strength (E) *****
    Endurance (D) *****
    Agility (E) *****
    Magic (A) *****
    Luck (C) *****

Skills

Aegis of Faith (Rank A)

A purity of such a level it reaches unearthliness. Beatrice seems to believe that her true purpose is to 'save' her enemies rather than defeat them, though how she goes about saving them can be... questionable, to say the least.

Revelation (Rank EX)

A divine occurence that offers instinct not merely into the ways of battle, but into all situations such as traversing which path or making decisions. Considered complex if nigh unexplainable, and cannot be quantified by normal means.

Noble Phantasms

All of Beatrice's NPs are based on the three journeys, through Hell, Purgatory and Heaven, that she arranged for Dante. Note that for each one she must witness the sin or virtue being committed or discern their motive before activating her NPs (hence why wouldn't give her a skill like Discernment of the Poor, make things too easy).

Inferno, Le Conseguenze del Peccato (Rank A, Anti-Battalion at most)

A powerful magic attack unleashed on any enemy, Master or Servant, who acts upon a particular sin. The nature of this NP differs on the sin carried out, for example an instance of lust can unleash a powerful gale blast upon the offender, indulgence in violence will drown the enemy in a river of boiling blood, and an act of betrayal shall entomb them in ice.

When this Noble Phantasm is used, the words 'Abandon All Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here' appear in ghostly writing above Beatrice. If it's any consolation, Beatrice's unblemished kindness makes it unlikely for her to ever go full-out with this NP (unless you do something really bad), yet it should also be noted that she won't stand for any sinful acts committed by her allies either, and may just give them a little taste of this NP if they start falling out of line.

Purgatorio, Il Lavoro del Espiare (Rank C, Anti-Personnel)

Like Inferno, this is a punishing NP unleashed upon the sinful. However Purgataorio tends to manifest more as a 'status effect' type of deal rather than an outright magic assault, and appears to be based more on the enemy's motive rather than their actions.

Whenever this Noble Phantasm is used, three coloured steps appear for Beatrice to ascend.

Paradiso, Lo Splendore di Virtu (Rank A+, Support)

A brilliant radiance that bestows positive attributes and blessings onto all allies who have performed good and noble actions, though its effects differ depending on the nature of the action. For example, a display of just leadership may grant that person boosted resistance against electricity, or someone bearing a noble reason for battle may be granted a fire-elemental effect to their attacks.

Whenever this Noble Phantasm is used, a giant, glittering rose appears behind her, heavens' light pouring out from each of its leaves. For some reason Beatrice is reluctant to use this NP on herself, whether is this because of an actual limitation on it or just due to her own personality is hard to tell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MssrNeko View Post
    Once again, Cyber Angel, you blow me away with another quality sheet. Her NPs are really unique and emphasize that she is NOT a frontline fighter. She is an assassin and, surprisingly, information is her tool to success. Everything blends smoothly and actually looks like a legitimate Servant to summon (barring the Hassan rule, of course).

Bravo.

Edit: Derp. Noticed that you didn't write this sheet. Oh well, it is still good quality.
    Thank you still! They aren't an active member here, but I thought she was too neat not to be shared with others after we ended up going with a different Assassin, so I asked if it'd be alright to post it myself. I'm proud that someone liked it as much as I did.

Keiji looks pretty neat as well! I like the Wild Spirit personal skill a lot, because it's full of personality and Master conflict, and the Noble Phantasms are all pretty cool. I'm happy with the explanation for the genderswap too, on the whole, because it explains both the initial genderswap and why no one documented her actual gender in history. Though you have to wonder, with a faceclaim like that, how did it take so long to figure out she wasn't a boy?

Signature by fumato

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    She was a DFC in the youth, of course :P

But more than that, as she is not only Maeda Keiji but Okuni too, it's not that hard to find an excuse. After all, Okuni played only masculine roles, and as such, Rider's skills in disguises would be amongst the greatest of Japanese Servants.

What is with Verg's signature?
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Whoooo knooooows~

I would hope you do.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    Maybe I do~

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It would be rather silly if you didn't.

Blog Entries
    As Keiji would put it:

"Nevermind if I'm silly, at least I'm having fun~!"

But nevertheless, maybe I do, maybe I don't~ - 3-

Blog Entries
    Whatever it is or isn't, the Servant selection looks pretty awesome (though I don't think I'd trust Lu Bu in a million years to protect anything that isn't Lu Bu). ^^; I can't quite peg the Lancer(?) on the left side though. That's interesting.

...Also I wonder why I imagine the above Beatrice going to Caren.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    That Lancer is Strange Fake's Enkidu.

Blog Entries
    @Above sig
    Karna, I choose you.

Use mushroom cloud.
    Last edited by Apple; May 23rd, 2012 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    *snip*
    I liked her, but I also agree that she has too many Personal Skills that needlessly stack or are unnecessary, especially Information Erasure. Sasaki (also a nameless wraith) didn't get something like that and neither did the 100-Faced Hassan (who could even disguise himself as a little kid), so I don't think Mulan should get it either. That her weapons are Chinese in design should be obvious, so no matter what anyone who fights her is going to know she's Chinese at the very least.

Also, her Noble Phantasm is way too high-ranked for what is basically switching weapons on the fly (also makes no sense for it to be Anti-Unit when it is clearly Support in nature). Worse, her weapons aren't Noble Phantasms in of themselves or even traced copies of NPs, they are just weapons that are magical by virtue of Mulan being a Servant (same as Medusa's spikes and chain or Sasaki's sword). I still like her though, but I agree she is pure skill and that alone just isn't enough to win a Grail War unless your skill is just flat-out insane like Shuwen (it's generally agreed that even Sasaki wouldn't amount to much if it weren't for the Temple's Bounded Field).

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    *snip*
    Dammit, Daneel, why are you so awesome!? It's bad enough enough that your Servants are all beautifully designed and almost perfectly integrate story elements from the Nasuverse, but the way you practically churn them out like a machine... it's intimidating for those of us who don't even reach the literary level of your feet man! Great job turning one of history's most hated b*tches into, well, not a hero, but more sympathetic. Truly an example of "the path to Hell is paved with good intentions"!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    *snip*
    Agree with your idea for Bathory's costume. Also, tell your friend he did a great job with Nohime! Finally, an Assassin who feels like an Assassin if you know what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    *snip*
    Beautiful, Verg! A genderswap that doesn't feel as forced as others, plus you tied her to another legend shrouded in mystery in Izumo no Okuni to make the genderswap more credible!

She has interesting Noble Phantasms too, but my favorite has to be the fact that she literally makes it so that fights are decided by the "Rule of Cool"! That was just hilarious for me and it puts her on more equal footing with the more haxxed Servants!

Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    *snip*
    First, I just wanted to throw this out... Goddess Madoka died for your despair!

Now that the silliness is done... I kind of like her. She's a Saver/Savior, but she's not overwhelmingly broken and none of it feels cheap. Feels like she should have been a Caster though I can understand why you gave her that Class. Also, I like that her, I guess you could call it her "goody-two-shoes"/"Purity-Sue" attitude, means its actually hard for most Masters to use her.

That Lancer is Strange Fake's Enkidu.
    HOLY SH*T I WANT TO READ THIS FIC! YOU BETTER PM ME WHEN YOU WRITE IT, VERG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    @Above sig
    Karna, I choose you.

Use mushroom cloud.
    That was funny, but at the same time, I couldn't help but think this:

*Final Fantasy VII victory music* Congratualtions! You just won the Grail War! Your prize is... A Sealing Designation for compromising the secrecy of magecraft by nuking an entire city! Also, you destroyed the Lesser Grail, so, yeah, no wish for you. Sorry!

Blog Entries
    Decided to do a reworking of St. George this time, though only his Noble Phantasms as of now (ditching the gifts given to him by Kalyb though, doesn't make sense that a true Christian would continue to use them, if he even accepted them in the first place):

Ascalon ~ Spear of Noble Intervention (Rank E~A, Anti-Personnel)

An Anti-Dragon spear whose power increases in proportion to how little Lancer himself is actually wanted the situation, reflecting his dragon-slaying feat despite being told not to interfere with the sacrifice. This would make Lancer's ideal Master quite paradoxically someone who did not intend (or even want) to summon St. George in particular.

Panacea ~ The Water of Life (Rank E~A, Support)

Taking effect after Lancer personally defeats a Servant, it creates a temporary holy spring upon where they fell that restores Lancer's health depending on the fallen Servant's alignment. Vanquishing a truly evil Servant for instance could completely restore Lancer's health and also remove any ailments inflicted upon him, but having to slay a genuinely good and just Servant could create instead a toxic spring that only harms him all the more.

Silene ~ Girdle of the Bound Dragon (Rank A, Anti-Personnel)

This was the girdle used to bind the dragon and lead him out to the people of Silene. An act of mercy on Lancer's part, albeit only a temporary one, this allows him to 'bind' a near-defeated Servant rather than simply going in for the finishing blow. Any bound Servant becomes submissive to Lancer's commands from then on, though it is unknown just how long the girdle can keep them bound (however since it was able to hold up to a dragon, we can assume a fair while).

Blog Entries
    Beautiful, Verg! A genderswap that doesn't feel as forced as others, plus you tied her to another legend shrouded in mystery in Izumo no Okuni to make the genderswap more credible!
    The idea literally started from the fact that when I was reading Keiji's background, I came across lots of the "Enemy soldiers reported him to be a giant on the battlefield that nobody could oppose", and found that it sounded almost like people making excuses for losing to something embarrassing. Then I figured that what would be more embarrassing for a Japanese male soldier than to lose to a girl? And Okuni came from the simple fact that both are mysterious figures, both have strong ties to kabukimono culture and both lived roughly in the same times, with Okuni's kabuki theater thing starting almost right after Keiji disappeared.

She has interesting Noble Phantasms too, but my favorite has to be the fact that she literally makes it so that fights are decided by the "Rule of Cool"! That was just hilarious for me and it puts her on more equal footing with the more haxxed Servants!
    That's what being kabukimono is all about! Dance, drink, sing and play, no matter how idiotic you seem~!

HOLY SH*T I WANT TO READ THIS FIC! YOU BETTER PM ME WHEN YOU WRITE IT, VERG!!!
    What might you be talking about~? Fic? Eh? Huh? What? Buh? Areee~?

Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    Decided to do a reworking of St. George this time, though only his Noble Phantasms as of now (ditching the gifts given to him by Kalyb though, doesn't make sense that a true Christian would continue to use them, if he even accepted them in the first place):

Ascalon ~ Spear of Noble Intervention (Rank E~A, Anti-Personnel)

An Anti-Dragon spear whose power increases in proportion to how little Lancer himself is actually wanted by his Master, reflecting his dragon-slaying feat despite being told not to interfere with the sacrifice. This would make Lancer's ideal Master quite paradoxically someone who did not intend (or even want) to summon St. George in particular.

Panacea ~ The Water of Life (Rank E~A, Support)

Taking effect after Lancer personally defeats a Servant, it creates a temporary holy spring upon where they fell that restores Lancer's health depending on the fallen Servant's alignment. Vanquishing a truly evil Servant for instance could completely restore Lancer's health and also remove any ailments inflicted upon him, but having to slay a genuinely good and just Servant could create instead a toxic spring that only harms him all the more.

Silene ~ Girdle of the Bound Dragon (Rank A, Anti-Personnel)

This was the girdle used to bind the dragon and lead him out to the people of Silene. An act of mercy on Lancer's part, albeit only a temporary one, this allows him to 'bind' a near-defeated Servant rather than simply going in for the finishing blow. Any bound Servant becomes submissive to Lancer's commands from then on, though it is unknown just how long the girdle can keep them bound (however since it was able to hold up to a dragon, we can assume a fair while).
    Re: Ascalon - So... Shirou would probably be the best master George could hope for since he didn't intend to summon anyone, doesn't want the Grail or the fighting, but will work with George anyway to protect the innocent (which George likely prefers in a Master). Also, the underlined, bloded, and italicized part is just me correcting it so that it makes a little more sense. I had to stop and think about what you meant after reading that sentence. I'm not well versed on St. George's legend. Was it common for him to be unwelcome when he was slaying dragons or was that just a one-time deal? Seems strange that he would get a Noble Phantasm out of it (then again, Sir Hax-celot got Knight of Honor cuz' of one time he beat a cowardly scrub with just a stick).

Re: Panacea - This is actually my favorite one, though it has one flaw. Some Servants don't have alignments that actually match their personalities (like Karna and Gilgamesh). Does the spring's purity reflect their stated alignment or the actual goodness of their hearts?

Re: Silene - So... he walks around with another Servant on a leash? That... sounds like it would be both kinky and silly-looking. Why not make it so the bridle is conceptual in nature and is manifested as a Command Spell-like tattoo on both George's hand (the hand that held the reins of the bridle) and the enemy Servant's forehead. He gets one Command as long as he doesn't order the Servant to commit suicide or kill someone else (after the command is complete the markings disappear). Also, a real Command Spell used by the enemy Servant's Master can override it. much less broken this way and looks better aesthetically speaking.

Edit:
    The idea literally started from the fact that when I was reading Keiji's background, I came across lots of the "Enemy soldiers reported him to be a giant on the battlefield that nobody could oppose", and found that it sounded almost like people making excuses for losing to something embarrassing. Then I figured that what would be more embarrassing for a Japanese male soldier than to lose to a girl? And Okuni came from the simple fact that both are mysterious figures, both have strong ties to kabukimono culture and both lived roughly in the same times, with Okuni's kabuki theater thing starting almost right after Keiji disappeared.

That's what being kabukimono is all about! Dance, drink, sing and play, no matter how idiotic you seem~!

What might you be talking about~? Fic? Eh? Huh? What? Buh? Areee~?
    Like I said, by tying the two legends together, you actually made the genderswap seem more credible to me, like how Extra Drake supposedly switched places with Elizabeth in one story, which shouldn't have been possible (or would have been far more unlikely) if he was a rugged-looking guy.

If it's not a fic, but an RP, then sign my butt up! I will call dibs on Enkidu. I see him as the Original Bro and anyone who could make Gilgamesh stop being a prick has to be the King of Bros! In fact, my idea is that its an unwritten rule that Lancer's must be bros, because Enkidu was the first Lancer and the first Bro! Flawless logic!
    Last edited by G-Man; May 23rd, 2012 at 08:14 PM.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    I liked her, but I also agree that she has too many Personal Skills that needlessly stack or are unnecessary, especially Information Erasure. Sasaki (also a nameless wraith) didn't get something like that and neither did the 100-Faced Hassan (who could even disguise himself as a little kid), so I don't think Mulan should get it either. That her weapons are Chinese in design should be obvious, so no matter what anyone who fights her is going to know she's Chinese at the very least.

Eh, as mentioned, she was mainly developed as a mystery for a falsely-summoned Sherlock Holmes to unravel. I don't think it'd actually take him too long to figure it out if he has the time to concentrate on it so Information Erasure acts as the "pressure" on him, so to say, by making him and his Master forget every detail of the encounter beyond "we fought a Servant". The main thing is that it erases memories of her ability to swap her weapons at will, so she is remembered as a regular Chinese archer. If she weren't for a story this format for her would make much more sense as an Assassin, or else I'd be giving her a whole other set of skills, but for story purposes it would have helped her to stand out as a bit unique. I am thinking of consolidating some of the skills though, and if I do Information Erasure will likely combine with Uncrowned Arms Mastery and end up higher ranked, to better explain how it hides her abilities so well.

Also, her Noble Phantasm is way too high-ranked for what is basically switching weapons on the fly (also makes no sense for it to be Anti-Unit when it is clearly Support in nature). Worse, her weapons aren't Noble Phantasms in of themselves or even traced copies of NPs, they are just weapons that are magical by virtue of Mulan being a Servant (same as Medusa's spikes and chain or Sasaki's sword). I still like her though, but I agree she is pure skill and that alone just isn't enough to win a Grail War unless your skill is just flat-out insane like Shuwen (it's generally agreed that even Sasaki wouldn't amount to much if it weren't for the Temple's Bounded Field).

The Phantasm is Anti-Unit because it is the weapons themselves, the shifting of their form is just a perk. It is basically a Conceptual form of "weapons that shift with their owner" so each form the weapons take is still a Noble Phantasm rather than simply a magical weapon, because it is still at its core the same weapon. That's the basic form of how it is meant to work. If she has a "masculine" sword and a "feminine" tonfa and the tonfa gets broken she can't simply summon another "feminine" weapon. That was the unique weapon and is now broken, so like any other Phantasm it's no longer usable.

The fact that it's Rank B is because as the only Phantasm for a character who doesn't have a great deal of combative skill I'd feel bad saddling her with a basic Rank D or C weapon and nothing else, plus it has the unique propery of shifting form.

I must admit, it's all a bit Nasu mumbo-jumbo-y, but I'm okay with it for the most part. There are refinements that can be made, but as the core of her character is "weak Servant who can simply disguise herself very well" I wouldn't want to do too much boosting to her. Given that the only interesting thing about her is how she pretended to be a man for so long that's inevitably what I've focused her around.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    (also makes no sense for it to be Anti-Unit when it is clearly Support in nature).
    Not how it works. 'Type: Anti-X' part refers essentially to whom the Noble Phantasm is suited to target. Hence God Hand and Cybele are Anti-Personnel, despite being what you'd probably categorise as 'Support' - they just target the user him/herself. Ditto all of Lancelot's NPs - and Knight of Honour is probably a good parallel to Mulan's NP. (4th Hassan still needed to have his Zabaniya be Anti-Unit (Self), for some reason though. Probably lolUrobuchi).

Which NPs are categorised as 'Support', anyway? None of the F/SN ones (I just checked), nor F/Z IIRC. Searching "Noble Phantasm" and "Type: Support" brings up no actual Nasu Phantasms. Is this just some kind of persisent fanon?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Not how it works. 'Type: Anti-X' part refers essentially to whom the Noble Phantasm is suited to target. Hence God Hand and Cybele are Anti-Personnel, despite being what you'd probably categorise as 'Support' - they just target the user him/herself. Ditto all of Lancelot's NPs - and Knight of Honour is probably a good parallel to Mulan's NP. (4th Hassan still needed to have his Zabaniya be Anti-Unit (Self), for some reason though. Probably lolUrobuchi).

Which NPs are categorised as 'Support', anyway? None of the F/SN ones (I just checked), nor F/Z IIRC. Searching "Noble Phantasm" and "Type: Support" brings up no actual Nasu Phantasms. Is this just some kind of persisent fanon?
    100% persistent Fanon! I still use it though, stupid me!

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Support NPs are best NPs.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless