Page 154 of 782 FirstFirst ... 54104144149152153154155156159164204254654 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

夜属 Nightkin
    Just had a thought... Aladdin as caster

Str E
    End E
    Agi E
    Mag E
    Luk B
    NP Ex

Class skills
    Territory Creation E (A with use of noble phantasm, in his legend he used the genie to create his palace which exceeded the splendor of the previous emperor)
    Item Creation E

Personal Skills
    Golden Rule A

Noble Phantasm

Djinni Ring A?
    By rubbing this ring Aladdin can summon forth a Djinn who possesses the power of teleportation.

Djinni Lamp Ex
    The Djinni that resides in this lamp is bound to serve the wishes of its master.

Random notes on this.

On the ring, IIRC true 'teleportation' is magic on the level of sorcery which I assume is A rank.

On the lamp, from what I can tell there are no 'apparent' limits on what the Djinni is capable of in his myth, and it seems to simply function in a manner of of "I think therefore it is" (on the part of the Djinni)... I think the closest thing is Divine Words, but based on the myth this seems like it is even faster and more potent. Due to the incomprehensibility of this I labeled it Ex.

Based on how popular the Disney version of this character is I could see altering this character to reflect 'mankind's memory' of the myth having incorporated that particular version. Dunno what exactly that would look like however.

As for his stats, the only thing remarkable about him in his legend is that he is incredibly lucky (I have it at B rank, though it is mostly arbitrary other than being above E rank), he happens to have kept the ring the sorcerer gave him, just happens to rub it to release the Djinni that gets him out of the booby trap, just happens to have his wife rub the lamp, just happens to find a way to recover the lamp after it gets stolen... Though I suppose he might just be unlucky, but lucky enough to always make it work in the end?

That's an interesting idea and his stats and stuff certainly fit him, but what would he even want with the Grail?

夜属 Nightkin
    ... no idea... that's what DMs are for? I suppose if you insert the Disney stories into his myth then it could be to meet his mother, as he meets his father in the third movie but to my knowledge never finds his mom.

Though I suppose he would have a few more phantasms then (the hand of midas and carpet-kun just to name two off the top of my head)

After rereading some of the popular sheets I find myself wishing that there could be a Grail War with atleast a few of the more balanced/not overly nerfed characters.... Maybe we could pick seven decent writers to act as one of the pairs, fight out the war and have the readers pick the winners of each fight... Nah, too much effort, time and arguing... Tempting though.
    Last edited by TheDivineDemon; October 27th, 2012 at 11:33 PM.
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Hah,m that's basically just an RPG. How did you determine the more popular sheets, out of interest? What are your criteria for that, or do you just have some really good memory for which ones people liked when they were first posted?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So you mean an RP.

We have a whole subforum for that AND IT NEEDS NEW BLOOD (though not right now since everything is full)
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Vagrant: I'll admit its a rather naive assumption on my part but the front page and which ones I like the best.

I3uster: *Blinks* there is more to this site than the General and fanfic section? Huh... I'll be right back... I need to check on something.
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineDemon View Post
    After rereading some of the popular sheets I find myself wishing that there could be a Grail War with atleast a few of the more balanced/not overly nerfed characters.... Maybe we could pick seven decent writers to act as one of the pairs, fight out the war and have the readers pick the winners of each fight... Nah, too much effort, time and arguing... Tempting though.
    They've occasionally got picked up for 'fics as well as thought over for RPs. MiniNephthys began a MegaTen crossover (IIRC?) which used sheets from here, mine among them. She needed a lot of Servants for planning five Grail Wars, even if she didn't intend to write everything out.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    So you mean an RP.

We have a whole subforum for that AND IT NEEDS NEW BLOOD (though not right now since everything is full)
    When he said RPG I assumed he meant things with dice rolls.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    But that post didn't sound like an RPG at all, more like cooperative storytelling, which is what an RP pretty much is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Hah,m that's basically just an RPG. How did you determine the more popular sheets, out of interest? What are your criteria for that, or do you just have some really good memory for which ones people liked when they were first posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    But that post didn't sound like an RPG at all, more like cooperative storytelling, which is what an RP pretty much is.
    ???
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Blog Entries
    That's a reply to the original post.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    I use RP and RPG interchangeably, apologies. To me it's all a game. Clearly I don't take roleplaying seriously enough. At least that's what my partner says.

How does this one look? Not too OP, I hope.

-0-0-

—Servant Saber—

True Name: Ali ibn-Abi Talib
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Lancer, Saver
    Alignment: Lawful Good

Saber is a tall, heavily muscled man dressed in white robes and brown armor with a cloak of green, the color of his faith. His hands are veined and scarred from a lifetime of hard labor; for many years, he lived without a single household servant to his name. His cool, intelligent brown eyes gaze out from underneath a prominent brow, and his rugged face is framed by a thick black beard.

—Physical Parameters—

STR: B+
    AGI: B
    END: B+
    MGC: C
    LCK: B
    NP: A+

—Class Skills—

Magic Resistance, Rank A+
    In addition to the Magic Resistance displayed by his Servant class, Saber’s unwavering piety shields him from even the most powerful earthly magecraft. Even magecraft from the Age of Gods poses only a minor chance of harming him and modern magecraft cannot even touch him. Saber’s Magic Resistance will not stop an attack from a holy artifact, however.

Riding, Rank C
    Saber can ride, drive, or pilot any “mount” that does not possess Divine Mystery, such as simple animals, cars, or airplanes. This ability stems from the Arabs’ use of horses and camels to quickly cross between settlements in the unforgiving desert environment of the Arabian Peninsula.

—Personal Skills—

Bravery, Rank A
    One of the greatest holy warriors of religious lore, Saber has fought some of the world’s greatest human champions and most evil demons and overcome them all. As a result he can negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion, or fascination. He also receives a slight boost to melee damage.

Guardian Knight, Rank B
    Saber receives a boost in his Strength and Endurance whenever he protects others.

Charisma, Rank C
    As a skilled commander in the Muslim army, Saber can increase the abilities of allies during group battles. However, because of Saber’s unwavering idealism and iron principles, qualities that decreased his popularity as a leader in Medina, this ability is lowered by one rank.

—Noble Phantasms—

Zulfiqar: The Bifurcated Sword
    Rank A+ Anti-Unit: Range: 2-4; Maximum Targets: 1
    Saber’s most famous weapon is this one-handed scimitar with a bifurcated tip. This holy sword is capable of penetrating any defense presented against it, including shields, spear hafts, and the edges of other swords. This effect allows the sword to outright destroy Noble Phantasms two or more ranks below and “push aside” Noble Phantasms equal in rank or one rank below, but does not activate against a higher-ranked Noble Phantasm.

Bonds of Brotherhood: Shield of the Prophet
    Rank A Support
    Saber can only activate this Noble Phantasm when he is defending another person against a superior opponent. It temporarily removes the concept of “death” from Saber’s being, granting him effective immortality. No matter what kind of injury he takes, even one as severe as decapitation, he will regenerate from it. However, a force capable of completely destroying Saber’s body can overcome the effect of this Noble Phantasm and kill him.
    Last edited by SVNB Backup; October 28th, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Blog Entries
    Looks OK, and he's the sort of person who would be a Heroic Spirit. Kinda wanted to see how a Zulfiqar NP would work for a while now too. IMO, though, his physical parameters are too high. He's not really noted for massive feats of strength or endurance (at least to my knowledge), and A-rank is serious stuff. I might knock down each of them by one: still a very capable warrior, but not on the level of the highest-tier heroes (he'd compete with Shirō's Saber, which is still pretty damn good). Zulfiqar ... it's kinda OP. Not awfully so, and I'd probably let it slip if it stood alone (because all Servants get to have one absurdly broken thing about them), but you've already hit that slot with Shield of the Prophet, and I kind of prefer that. It should definitely still be an NP, though, I'm just not sure what kind of effect you could give it or how you might tone down the existing one neatly.
    They're not critical issues by any means, but they do just make me stop for a moment.

If yours is one version, showing him as a warrior and Mohammed's protector, I think my version would have aimed at later parts of his life, looking more at rulership and probably at the idealism which you noted a little in his Charisma. The struggle over the Caliphate, mixed with wisdom and kindness - that's kind of the most outstanding part of Ali's story to me (for all that an association with Mohammed probably ought to take precedence). Always interesting to see how different people pick up on different things.

Hm, other thought: there could be a tie-in to 5th Hassan's Protection from Wind somewhere, since it's invoked by saying Allahu Akhbar. Not a direct copy: that's just trivial and smacks of "Hey, these guys both were Muslims, they must be the same!" But somehow referenced in Shield of the Prophet? Or just something like that.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    Dunno, wasn't Zulfiqar so hardcore that it almost cracked the earth if Gabriel didn't personally intervene one time? It actually seems rather weak considering that.

It's pretty much middle-eastern Excalibur, I'd put it in a league with it.

During the Battle of Khaybar (no offense to any of the Jewish faith on BL), Ali apparently lifted, by himself, a gate normally requiring forty men to lift. At Uhud, he charged fifty cavalrymen by himself on foot and won. And this was only one of the daredevil stunts he pulled off as the Prophet's bro.

Well, you're the classics student, I'm not. You'd probably know more about this stuff. Cu Chullainn probably did even crazier things.

Protection of the Wind? Maybe. Ea apparently relies on "compressing and accelerating wind pressure" to rip apart a planet, so it would hilarious and probably not canon if Ali could lolno it.

And I actually thought my original A++ rank for Zulfiqar was too OP. Funny how that works out. On the other hand, Zulfiqar wasn't made by divine spirits like Excalibur or Arondight, as far as I know. Therefore, A+.
    Last edited by SVNB Backup; October 28th, 2012 at 11:48 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVNB Backup View Post
    During the Battle of Khaybar, Ali apparently lifted, by himself, a gate normally requiring forty men to lift.
    Which is about B-rank strength.

At Uhud, he charged fifty cavalrymen by himself on foot and won. And this was only one of the Jackass-esque stunts he pulled off as the Prophet's bro.
    Find me a heroic spirit that hasn't done something of the sort.

Eh. You're the classics student, I'm not.
    Classics rarely touches on Islam. My acquaintance with Ali's legend is fairly distant - whilst the briefest of searches doesn't turn up a source for what I3uster says about Zulfiqar, I'd be happy to go with him on that, knowing his provenance (certainly if something did turn up). Still ... that and the Shield of the Prophet is putting him into serious contention with some of the higher-level Heroic Spirits. If you're happy with that, though, why not?

Protection of the Wind? Maybe. It could replace Riding, at least.
    I dunno, it was just something that popped into my head as I was thinking about Ali. Didn't mean to suggest that you had to include it in your sheet.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVNB Backup View Post
    During the Battle of Khaybar (no offense to any of the Jewish faith on BL), Ali apparently lifted, by himself, a gate normally requiring forty men to lift.
    Normal dude is 1, Rank E is 10, and Rank B is 40, so...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Normal dude is 1, Rank E is 10, and Rank B is 40, so...
    I snipes you!
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15