Page 282 of 782 FirstFirst ... 182232272277280281282283284287292332382 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    Is there really any need to make every Noble Phantasm EX rank. Wouldn't a simple A rank do especially for an anti personnel Noble Phantasm.

Considering it's a divine weapon and that I care about ranks almost lesser than Nasu does....

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Excalibur is a divine weapon/the strongest holy sword/all the wishes of humanity and its only A++.

Blog Entries
    TypeWannabe's Indifference to Ranks is EX/EX/EX and it's only EX.

Einherjar made an enemy that was previously impervious to all damage vulnerable to all attacks so there is that. Grim Angel power levels are a bit hard to judge. Considering Diviners at a base level should be about nuke level EX isn't too far out depending on where Einherjar fits on that scale. And Ein is supposed to be one of the best at using his.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Best? Really? I mean he didn't even know how to use an Overskill until his trip with Ledah and even then it was a piddly Double Slash.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terraablaze View Post
    Einherjar made an enemy that was previously impervious to all damage vulnerable to all attacks so there is that.
    Who? I don't recall.

Grim Angel power levels are a bit hard to judge. Considering Diviners at a base level should be about nuke level EX isn't too far out depending on where Einherjar fits on that scale. And Ein is supposed to be one of the best at using his.
    Best? Really? I mean he didn't even know how to use an Overskill until his trip with Ledah and even then it was a piddly Double Slash.

(Then again he did beat Ledah and stuff later on so guess there's that. On the other hand, you can perfectly well beat them without using your Diviner at all)

The first boss you fight is nulls all damage until you awaken Ein's memories. And it talks about him being the best in some side material. I'd post the link but I'm too drunk right now. I don't know why Tobias ever drunk posted this is awful.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

You just have to stop caring about the typos you make. WHich is very easy to do, because being wasted lowers many inhibitions.

ANyway, it says it in a Riviera interview about why Ein couldn't use Lorelei or Skadi (ignoring that Skadi wasn't actually a Diviner and Malice wasn't actually a Grim Angel) the way their owners could (at least, I think I remember that was the question). Diviners have incompatibility issues with others, even other Grim Angels. You could be the best Grim Angel in the world, like that one that wielded Longinus during Ragnarok, but if your compatibility with a Diviner is terrible you're better off not even using it rather than trying.

Basically, Einherjar was the strongest Diviner, and Ein has the best compatibility with it, so Ein is da man wit da plan. Or maybe it was the strongest because Ein had the best compatibility with it? I dunno, even though Ito is a lot more coherent than Nasu there were still some parts I didn't understand.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Ohey I'm not the only one who has played Riviera.

Wait does this make every Diviner EX-ranked? 'cause Lorelei was just as hax.
    Pretty sure terra, type and I usually make small derails on DeptHeaven stuff on GD.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

I think I meant the second boss. The knight guy not the fire phoenix guy. I can't remember any of their names right now. I can't feel my face right now.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    I thought that was just Ein awakening his ~inner power~ aka angel powers and started properly using Einherjar. And I don't mean Ein with Lorelei I mean Ledah with Lorelei is just as hax as Ein with Einherjar.

Nope, according to the world guide he's just so much more experienced it seems that way. Lorewise Ein with Einherjar has him beat. Not talking about gameplay mechanics I mean stuff you can actual powerlevel with. That's why their names are so similar, they were given those names to denote their extremely close bond.
    Last edited by terraablaze; May 12th, 2013 at 07:54 AM.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Huh. You know you should point me to all that side material 'cause I couldn't find it back when I was interested and thus I missed a ton.
    Or is it all in runes? I doubt it 'cause I don't recall you speaking moon but dunno.

You should head down to the handy dandy Dept Heaven thread I made a long time ago and check the links. And maybe post there while you're at it.
    Oh and my brain may have exaggerated what it says about Einherjar:
    About Ein, the protagonist
    After the war, Ein was the Grim Angel dispatched to Riviera on orders of the Seven Magi. His name is derived from that of the Diviner he uses, “Sacred Sword Einherjar”. There is an innate affinity between a Grim Angel and their Diviner; when Ein was created, he had an especially high rate of synchronization with the sacred sword, and he was given a name derived from it as a result.

Was sure there was something else though that compared Ein and Ledah. There are some interviews I've lost track of.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    There's something kind of creepy in being created to wield weaponry. I never had it very clear if they were normal angels that became Grim Angels or were Grim Angels from the outset. I guess this explains it.

夜魔 Nightmare
    So, I like to browse on by this forum every once in a while, and I particularly like this thread. I'm working on a Fate story right now and I thought I'd post the Servants I've been designing for it one by one as I finish them and get a little feedback. All comments are appreciated. Please forgive my descriptions if they're kind of wordy, I enjoy citing my mythological/literary sources for every tidbit a little too much...

Berserker - Roland, First Paladin of Charlemagne

Stats:

Strength: B
    Agility: C
    Endurance: A
    Mana: C
    Luck: C

Class Skills:

Mad Enhancement - D+: Roland’s madness, born of lust for the beautiful Angelica, Princess of Cathay, drove him from his duties as a knight during a time of war and made him take up arms against his brother paladins, but was not all consuming... at first. He is able to think, but his thoughts are clouded and can be quite irrational. His speech is strained as if he has difficulty finding his words through his anger, and his demeanor is gruff and aggressive. He also finds himself obsessively drawn to pursue women his troubled mind links to his beloved. However, exposure to certain stimuli may trigger dark memories ( such as how Angelica spurned his affections in the end and married another man) and destabilize his mental state. This can cause his madness to rampage out of control, causing the rank of this skill to fluctuate. It may increases to C or B, causing all parameters to be enhanced at the cost of sealing Magic Resistance, Knight Errant, Durandal, and all reason and speech. Given time, it may fall back to D, returning those abilities.

Magic Resistance
    - C+: Cancel's spells with a chant below two verses, and can reduce damage from greater rituals and high thaumatergy. Originally much higher due to his piety and lifetime of denouncement of heretics and witches, this skill has degraded significantly due to madness and the betrayal of his duty.

Personal Skills:

Projectile (Universal) – A+: Roland’s physical strength and cunning allow him to improvise almost anything into a thrown weapon. During the rescue of a maiden from pirates, he slew the entire crew of their ship by flinging stones, cooking knives, fire pokers and other random trash from the camp as the fiends entered the cave where they'd taken their captive. In addition to speed and accuracy surpasing a speeding bullet, Roland also has an ability similar to Prana Burst associated with this skill, taught to him by Morgante, his Giant squire, who used the skill to fling boulders over entire mountain ranges. By injecting the object with energy, Roland can cause it to explode on impact, simulating a Broken Phantasm to the untrained eye.

Knight Errant - A: A skill related to Guardian Knight. Where knights such as Saint George were reknowned symbols of protection and defense of the weak, Roland and others like him are upholders of causes and quests. This skill grants a rank increase to Strengh, Agility and Mana while performing a specific request, or while laying siege to a stronghold. Further, this skill integrates abilities similar to the Revelation skill, causing divine influence, fate, or pure gut instinct to gently guide the servant along paths which align with his missions and goals. For instance if searching for a certain woman, he may be led to several similar women in need of his aid.

Eternal Arms Mastership - B: Roland was the first of the Paladins of Charlemange, a master of war and the martial arts even from the early days of his youth. He was the chosen champion of Christianity in many wars against the heretical hordes of Africa and Arabia. While not of a level equal to being unrivaled in his era, it was said that no single man could best him in combat, even among his brother paladins (though his Brother-in-Law Oliver was a close match). Roland’s physical combat abilities will be preserved despite mental interference through muscle memory and natural prowess, though the polish of his weapon technique and accuracy of his projectiles will be degraded at higher levels of strain. Cannot protect tactical and strategic thinking, as the level of merging thought with technique and body has not been achieved.

Noble Phantasm:

Durandal (The Peerless Sword)
    Anti-Unit, Rank A+:

The legendary holy sword of the First Paladin, this blade originally belonged to the great Hector of Troy. During his youth, Roland defied Charlemange’s orders and accompanied him to war in secret, and when the Emperor’s life as threatened by a Seracan prince wielding this ancient blade, Roland leapt to his uncle’s rescue and slew the man in single combat. As a reward, Roland was gifted the sword, and rather than make it a trophy he traveled to the lands of the Norsemen. There, he asked the legendary smith, Wayland (whom Charlemagne believed to be an angel because of the iron wings he had crafted for himself) to reforge the blasphemous blade into a holy weapon using the relics of saints.

The blade is unbreakable and eternally sharp thanks to the four sanctified artifacts that went into its forging; Saint Peter's Tooth, Saint Basil's Blood, Saint Denis' Hair, and the Rainment of the Virgin Mary. Each of these represents a conceptual weapon which protects the blade, meaning the concept of unbreakability or eternal sharpness would have to be overcome by a greater mystery four times to allow the sword to be destroyed. In addition, the holy blade enjoys further protection in the form of three Miracles, blessings placed upon the sword by Roland's peerless faith in God's will. Each of these miracles may be consumed to perform an impossible feat, from piercing an unbreakable shield, to halting an unstoppable blow, to allowing an escape from a hopeless situation, to simply finding a forever lost object, these miracles may be applied in any way Roland desires. Finally, Roland may unleash a small explosion of holy energy by striking the weapon against stone. This is technically an anti-fortress function, though anti-fortification would perhaps be more accurate as the blast is too small to destroy an entire castle, but is large enough to breach a wall. This power created the Breach of Roland in the Pyrenees mountains when the knight struggled to destroy the unbreakable blade before it could be looted from his corpse.

Olifant (The Last March of the Heretic)
    Anti-Army, Rank B:

A mysterious artifact made from the horn of a unicorn hunted in India, this originally belonged to King Elmidan, who ruled over a part of northern Germany known today as Mecklembourg, and was the brother of the legendary German hero Widukind. Empowered by the dark magic of the Saxons and invoking the pagan god Wodan, this horn sounds the call of the Wild Hunt, and binds the souls of the dead to fight for its master. The armies of Charlemange had been consistently outnumbered for the entire campaign, and fear had spread through his men at every sound of the horn, and the true nature of the evil instrument made both oddities very clear to Roland. Initially appalled at the heresy of this device, the paladin resolved to seek salvation for those trapped within by having them fight for God's will. He carried the horn on every battlefield, and it filled to the brim with the souls of pagans and Saracens he and his soldiers slew. At the Battle of Roncevalles, where Roland died, he stubbornly refused to sound the horn, believing the battle unworthy of the salvation the souls within needed, as it was caused by his own traitorous stepfather. Only after he was struck a mortal blow did he finally blast the horn and free its contents to whatever afterlife awaited them, ensuring the army within would not fall into heretical hands.

Each time the horn is blown, part of the souls within are unleashed as an army, bound to ride for Roland’s cause, and then are released from its grasp at the battle’s end. These ghosts are not heroic spirits, and their power ranges. Some are as weak as a normal poltergeist, others being wraiths with powers somewhat comparable to servants. However, their numbers are the true danger, as the Olifant contains an almost countless horde of spirits. However, the use of the horn is dangerous and causes damage to the servant. A single blast would be harmful, but cause no long term damage. A second use within a month would mortally wound the servant, though still allowing him to fight for a short while. A third use would mean instant death without some aid, and cripple the servant even if he survives.

Decanter of Aude (Salvation of Romantic Love)
    Anti-Unit, Rank C:

It was said that when Roland went mad with lust for the exotic princess of Cathay, his fellow Paladin Astolfo rode a hippogryph all the way to the moon to retrieve this item to save him. A large, ornate glass container filled with a mysterious liquid, inscribed with the words “Heroism tempered with common sense is a far cry from madness," and "Reasonableness is to be preferred to recklessness.” This potion is the very essence of Roland’s Wits. When he was forced to drink it after being captured by his fellow Peers, it restored the lost mind of the great knight by reminding him of his true love, the one whom he cared for and exalted beyond the pleasures and desires of flesh that had driven him insane: his wife Lady Aude.

This noble phantasm can be used only once, but when drunk it completely dispels the effects of Mad Enhancement for 24 hours, removing any statistical enhancements that ability granted and restoring any abilities the madness had sealed. Furthermore, as a secondary effect, the potion will restore any expended miracles or relics Durandal has lost, and allow the Servant to gain the skills "Protection of the Faith" and "Military Tactics," both at Rank A, as well as raising Magic Resistance to A.

Spoiler:
    I know this servant has been done before (about half of the ones I have in mind have) but it's been a lot of pages since he has so I thought it'd be a good one to start with. As you may have guessed from the Projectile skill, part of the idea with this servant is to trick the reader into suspecting it is Lancelot until the reveal arrives. I wasn't sure if EX was the right rank for Decanter, but futzing with the fundamental elements of the class container for the heroic spirit seemed like EX material. I tried to do Durandal in a somewhat unique way since it's seen three iterations in this thread, but it might be a smidge complicated. I think this concept for Olifant is pretty good since it plays with the traditional idea of summoning an army and does a little history twisting with a more obscure bit of the Charlemange mythos without going too far from the source or the identity of the character. I particularly like that Knight Errant skill, because Guardian Knight didn't really seem right for a knight (or the other Paladins for that matter) who's stories are all about conquest and crusades rather than protecting the home front and slaying dragons for the realm. There's some stuff that ties in with other servants, but I'll save that for the other profiles
    Last edited by Sanguine; May 15th, 2013 at 12:51 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Mad Enhancement - E+
    Mah, I would have given him an higher rank.

Anti-Unit, Rank A+:
    Maybe even Anti-Army. Durendal allegedly blew up a wall of solid rock once.

Decanter of Aude (Salvation of Romantic Love)
    Anti-Unit, Rank EX:
    Eh, nah. First of all, why would you summon a Berserker if you're going to turn him sane again (albeit for a short time?). Second, it just restores his sanity, and just for 24 hours... it's hardly EX just because it goes against the class container skill.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have no idea how Decanter is supposed to be EX rank, it appears to be no more powerful than Arondight. EX rank NPs should be absolutely ridiculous and only given to the most famous heroes and Gilgamesh.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, if Arthur gets one I'm OK with Roland getting one. But yes, make it more outlandish.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Mah, I would have given him an higher rank.
    Well, the whole deal in Orlando Furioso is that Roland is acting irrationally because he's thinking with his lower head, and is violent and ornery for the whole book but isn't really off his nut. Until his crush marries some other guy and he goes full berserk and runs through the hills naked murdering farmers. Since having two levels of crazy is somewhat unique I wanted to capture that by giving him a self-upranking Mad Enhancement.

Since the sword's anti-army/anti-fortress function from that part of the legend only works on stone, I addressing the sword as Anti-Unit on the whole would be more appropriate. Not that you couldn't catch other servants in the explosion or otherwise use the ability against a human opponent, but it's not the primary function of the sword.

Eh, nah. First of all, why would you summon a Berserker if you're going to turn him sane again (albeit for a short time?).
    To get the full benefits of the stat boost for being a Berserker without any of the drawbacks. It basically turns him into Saber for a day after his B-Rank Hercules level madness kicks in. Not to mention it restores the use the Durandal and Magic Resistance which the higher level of Madness seals in the grand tradition of Nine Lives and all of Lu Bu's best stuff.

Plus it does have the secondary effect choice. He has a Noble Phantasm that summons an army but no military tactics because of his class, which means he's forced to just Zerg Rush them. Decanter allows him to properly direct his forces, and it makes him significantly tougher by ranking up Magic Resistance and layering it with Protection of Faith. Alternatively, Durandal is designed to be a sort of "consumable" sword, since it's invulnerability is predicated on the holy relics and it's offensive and utility possibilities are expendable miracles, so Decanted gives you the chance to "reload," the thing.

As for the EX, like I said I only really gave it that rank because it was something that futzes with the fundamental rules of the system. But Rule Breaker wasn't EX either now that I think about it, so I guess a "support skill" rank like C or something would make more sense.