Page 472 of 782 FirstFirst ... 372422462467470471472473474477482522572 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,440 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Even in Extra with crazy Vlad twisted by human perception he's still Lawful Neutral.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Exactly. He might be Chaotic Evil if you literally don't know how he operated, but from a neutral perspective he's Lawful Neutral no two ways about it: He desired an independent state where the laws were respected, no matter how much enforcement was necessary.

JP Friend Code
    Wouldn't Slenderman be more like a spirit or the like? Nonetheless, he doesn't really have the history (as a person or legend) to be Heroic Spirit. But he would fit in Modern Fiction, since that is what he is.

Any servant that sees the Flying Dutchman immediately gains Rank F luck, which will regenerate at one rank per day until it returns to it's former value.
    While you are removing nonexistent rankings, F is not a rank either.

Dracula's second NP seems too low level for EX. As said above, it's a shittier version of the Vlad from Apocrypha's 'Legend of Dracula' only it's on all the time (like extra Vlad's Innocent Monster), and that's only A+.
    Last edited by Ayr; October 19th, 2014 at 06:24 PM.

I found a group of historical figures called The Nine Worthies and I thought I would make a Servant out of one of their lesser known members.

Class:
    Lancer
    Alternate Classes: Rider, Assassin
    Identity: Joshua, Son of Nun

STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: D

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C): Cancels the effects of spells that are two verses or shorter.

Personal Skills:

Charisma (C): Sufficient to lead an army. Lancer was well-known and respected in the Israelite community and served as their leader after the death of Moses.

Protection of the Faith (B): Increases defenses against skills and Noble Phantasms associated with Judaism and Christianity.
    Other than Moses, Lancer was the only one allowed to approach Mount Sinai after the Ten Commandments were sent down from heaven.

Battle Continuation (C): Allows Lancer to remain alive as long as he does not receive a decisively mortal wound. Because of his importance as leader of the Israelites,
    it was said he was given a blessing of invincibility from God so that he would not die before the Israelites reached the Promised Land.

Noble Phantasms:

Bachal Isu~Israel Crossed Jordan on Dry Ground (Anti-Unit, Support, D)

A holy relic in the form of a wooden staff said to be wielded by Moses, David, several saints and Jesus Christ himself. The staff was passed down to Lancer
    after Moses' death, but because Lancer only performed two miracles with it and is not famed for owning it, its power is reduced and its application as a holy relic is limited.
    It is a sturdy staff that Lancer uses mainly for melee combat. Its main ability is to replicate the two miracles of splitting the waters of the Jordan river and causing the sun to stand still.
    Lancer can channel prana into the staff in order to activate a Bounded Field with a radius of up to 10 metres that no liquid can pass through,
    making it an effective tool used to traverse bodies of water and protect himself from liquid-based attacks.
    By channeling a larger amount of prana, Lancer can use its second application to recreate the phenomenon of the sun standing still in the sky.
    The practicality of this is limited, but it can disrupt skills or Noble Phantasms that depend on the sun and moon being in certain positions to function.

Jericho~Cursed Before the Lord is the Man Who Undertakes to Rebuild This City (Anti-Fortress, B+)

An ability that symbolizes the destruction of Jericho. For six days the Israelite army marched once around the city walls.
    On the seventh day, they circled the walls seven times and then sounded trumpets and war horns. The walls immediately collapsed and the city was razed to the ground.
    Lancer can channel prana through his legs and into the ground as he walks. By forming a complete circle with the channeled prana, a Bounded Field is created
    with the concept of Jericho's walls collapsing materialized within it. A trumpet sounds and the force of gravity increases inside the field to a degree proportional to its radius.
    The prana expenditure is fairly large so the most practical size is a radius of 100 metres, which is sufficient to collapse most structures and inflict large penalties to the STR and AGI of other Servants.
    Should Lancer gain enough prana he could conceivably encircle an area as large as an entire city and bring the increase in gravity to extreme amounts, crushing anyone and anything inside.

Rahab~Scarlet Cord Tied in the Window (Support, E)

When Lancer sent spies into Jericho, they were hidden by the prostitute Rahab in exchange for sparing her and her family when the city was sacked.
    It is a red cord with the ability to protect whatever or whomever it is tied to from collateral damage that is not magical in nature such as shrapnel or falling debris.
    It also protects the bearer from the effects of Jericho, because Rahab's brothel was the only building in the city marked by hanging the cord out of the window
    and thus was untouched at the end of the conquest, so it can be used by Lancer to freely move and engage other Servants caught in the field.
    Given the hazardous nature of the Holy Grail War, its intended use is to protect Lancer's Master by securing it to their person or building.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; October 19th, 2014 at 10:16 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

JP Friend Code
    Oh, I've never heard of this guy before, but I quite like the sheet. The NP's are quite interesting.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Funderfullness View Post

Jericho~Cursed Before the Lord is the Man Who Undertakes to Rebuild This City (B+)

An ability that symbolizes the destruction of Jericho. For six days the Israelite army marched once around the city walls.
    On the seventh day, they circled the walls seven times and then sounded trumpets and war horns. The walls immediately collapsed and the city was razed to the ground.
    Lancer can channel prana through his legs and into the ground as he walks. By forming a complete circle with the channeled prana, a Bounded Field is created
    with the concept of Jericho's walls collapsing materialized within it. A trumpet sounds and the force of gravity increases inside the field to a degree proportional to its radius.
    The prana expenditure is fairly large so the most practical size is a radius of 100 metres, which is sufficient to collapse most structures and inflict large penalties to the STR and AGI of other Servants.
    Should Lancer gain enough prana he could conceivably encircle an area as large as an entire city and bring the increase in gravity to extreme amounts, crushing anyone and anything inside.

This NP is evil. Eeeeeeeeeeeeevil. This is the NP of mass slaughtering. Not to mention overkill and almost ineffective.

Which is perfect in its own way.

Though, the ineffectiveness is still a problem. I dont think I see your Servant having a good chance of winning against all other 6 except by mass slaughtering the person surroundings while not knowing how much Masters are inside the Bounded Field. Not to mention I think the guy will have a ChaoticEvil-ish personality to activate this NP,, and this guy is supposed to be one of them good Christians right?

In my opinion, this guy'd have a better time if his NPs affects only spiritual being aka Servants only. Maybe make the penalty even further, like all parameter suffers large penalties or different parameters have different ranks down depending on the Servant Alignment or something. This way, Lancer-san will have a better conscience in using his NP.

Btw, what is the requirement for the "+" bonus modifiers to take effect? A complete 100 meter radius Bounded Field?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Though, the ineffectiveness is still a problem. I dont think I see your Servant having a good chance of winning against all other 6 except by mass slaughtering the person surroundings while not knowing how much Masters are inside the Bounded Field. Not to mention I think the guy will have a ChaoticEvil-ish personality to activate this NP,, and this guy is supposed to be one of them good Christians right?
    The stuff in the Old Testament came 1000 years before "good Christians" were a thing (or Christians in general for that matter). Basically, if they're not Hebrew, Lancer-san don't fuck around.

As for limiting it to spiritual beings, I wanted to keep it more with how it's described in the Bible and (according to a friend who knows Hebrew) Jericho was "given to the Lord" which in this context means that it was "totally destroyed". Every living thing was killed, every building (except Rahab's) razed to the ground.

Using it against an entire city is unlikely, since it was originally accomplished with an entire army and divine intervention. And at that point, the sacking of the city would materialize as a concept along with the collapsing of the walls. Also the bigger the circle, the greater the chance you have of getting interrupted, even if you do somehow have enough prana. I'm taking a leaf out of Mythbuster's book and taking it to its logical extremes.

Btw, what is the requirement for the "+" bonus modifiers to take effect? A complete 100 meter radius Bounded Field?
    Sorry, I didn't specify that it's an Anti-Fortress NP, so it gets a bonus against buildings and the like.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; October 19th, 2014 at 10:32 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just want to play a bit of devil's advocate for Slender.

We have in this very page a much acclaimed servant version of The Governor.

EDIT:Well shit, not in this very page now
    Last edited by JetKinen; October 19th, 2014 at 10:39 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    I just want to play a bit of devil's advocate for Slender.

We have in this very page a much acclaimed servant version of The Governor.

EDIT:Well shit, not in this very page now
    The Governator is a historical figure.

Slenderman is "historical" in the way every other thing you can photoshop into old pictures of children is. That is to say, he's creepypasta, aka modern fiction.

Blog Entries
    The stuff in the Old Testament came 1000 years before "good Christians" were a thing (or Christians in general for that matter). Basically, if they're not Hebrew, Lancer-san don't fuck around.

As for limiting it to spiritual beings, I wanted to keep it more with how it's described in the Bible and (according to a friend who knows Hebrew) Jericho was "given to the Lord" which in this context means that it was "totally destroyed". Every living thing was killed, every building (except Rahab's) razed to the ground.

Using it against an entire city is unlikely, since it was originally accomplished with an entire army and divine intervention. And at that point, the sacking of the city would materialize as a concept along with the collapsing of the walls. Also the bigger the circle, the greater the chance you have of getting interrupted, even if you do somehow have enough prana. I'm taking a leaf out of Mythbuster's book and taking it to its logical extremes.

Sorry, I didn't specify that it's an Anti-Fortress NP, so it gets a bonus against buildings and the like.
    Holy shit, so this guy, is, like... religiously-racist!?

I demand you give me the alignment.

This guy iz dangerouuuus

I also just realize he's got Protection of the Faith. Daaaangerous.
    Last edited by castor212; October 20th, 2014 at 09:42 AM.

This guy iz dangerouuuus

That's just bread and butter Old Testament stuff. I guess he's Lawful Neutral or something.

A little bit of genocide is no big deal.
    Last edited by Fafnir; October 20th, 2014 at 01:29 PM.

Yeah, Lawful Neutral is what I was going to say. He does what he has to according to his principles.

At that point in Jewish history, their main priority was surviving long enough to get to Canaan, where they could found the nation that would one day be Israel. Asserting their dominance through military and religious might was the best way to take over a hostile land.

This is my first experiment with genderbending and my first Mesopotamian Servant. It's also my third female Archer; I think this is a sign of a fetish or something...
    While researching him/her I found an awesome site called Archery Library containing a bunch of books, articles and documents about archery. Great Servant-making resource.

Class:
    Archer
    Identity: Ishmael, Mother of the Arabs

"And God was with the girl; and she grew, dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer." Genesis 21:20 (revised)

Appearance

Background

The birth of Ishmael was planned by the Patriarch Abraham's first wife, Sarah. She and her husband sought a way to have children in order to fulfill the covenant that was established with God several years earlier
    where it was promised that Abraham would be made into a great nation. Since Sarah had yet to bear Abraham a child, her idea was to offer her handmaiden Hagar to Abraham, so that they could have a child by her.
    Abraham consented to a marital arrangement taking Hagar as his second wife. Customs of that time dictated that, although Hagar was the birth mother, any child conceived would belong to Sarah and Abraham.
    Sarah dealt harshly with Hagar for showing contempt for her mistress following her having become pregnant. The abuse was too much and Hagar fled to the well of Beer-lahai-roi where she encountered an angel who
    instructed her to return and submit to Sarah so that the child could be born safely in her father's house. The blessing that Abraham was promised was that his descendants would be as numerous as the dust of the earth.
    Even though this promise was meant for the future son of Sarah, God promised to also make Hagar's child a great nation, who would be named Ishmael.

Ten years later, God informed Abraham that his wife Sarah would give birth to a son, which he was instructed to name Isaac. God told Abraham that He would establish his covenant through Isaac, and when
    Abraham inquired as to Ishmael's role, God answers that Ishmael has been blessed and that He “will make her fruitful, and will multiply her exceedingly; twelve princes shall she beget, and I will make her a great nation.”
    A year later, Ishmael's half-brother Isaac was born to Abraham by his first wife Sarah.

Sarah, no longer seeing any use for the girl now that she had her own son, demanded that Abraham banish Ishmael and her mother, saying: "Get rid of that slave woman and her daughter, for she will never
    share in the inheritance with my son Isaac." This proposition was grievous in Abraham's sight because he still cared for his daughter and bondwoman. Abraham only agreed when God reaffirmed that "for in Isaac
    your seed shall be called", and that He would also "make a nation of Ishmael", since she too was a child of Abraham.

And so, at the age of 14, Ishmael was freed along with her mother. Abraham gave her and Hagar a supply of bread and water and sent them away. Hagar entered in the wilderness
    of Beer-sheba where the two soon ran out of water. Hagar, not wanting to witness the death of her only child, set the girl some distance away from herself, and wept.
    God sent the angel Gabriel to remind Hagar once again of the promise made years ago. Gabriel then struck the sand with his heel, and a well sprung from there saving Ishmael and Hagar's lives.
    Knowledge of the spring spread and Ishmael negotiated with the caravans that came from far and wide for supplies in exchange for the divine water.
    From this site, their small trading post grew into the city now known as Mecca. To this day pilgrims retrace the steps of Hagar and Ishmael to drink from the Zamzam well.

Ishmael found a husband from Egypt and settled in Paran (modern-day Mecca), giving birth to twelve sons and daughters, each of whom became powerful warlords
    throughout Assyria, Egypt and Mesopotamia. Ishmael later travelled back to Canaan to appear with Isaac at the burial of Abraham. She died at age 137.

STR: C

END: C (B)
    AGI: D
    MGI: D
    LCK: C (B)

Class Skills

Independent Action (A+): Normally able to stay materialized for a week without a Master, but can survive much longer with the aid of her Noble Phantasm.
    Archer was an accomplished survivalist and is accustomed to a hard life alone in the wilderness.

Magic Resistance (C (B)): Cancels spells two verses or shorter (three at increased rank).

Personal Skills

Father of the Nation (A): A rare skill possessed by those who are the progenitors of an entire people. Just as her half-brother is the ancestor of the Hebrew people,
    Archer is a legendary figure that most if not all Arabs of the ancient world traced their ancestry to.
    Because of this, Archer has a high chance of recognizing the true names of Servants or Noble Phantasms that have Arabian origins.
    Whether or not her attacks will be able to match and exceed attacks from these Servants is not dependent on her attack strength, but instead a contested LCK check.

Conflicting Worldviews (-): Archer is one of the few individuals recognized by three different religions (Judaism, Islam and Christianity) with different portrayals in each:
    Judaism maintains that Archer was a wicked obstacle to her half-brother, Christianity sees her as ambivalent if not innocent and Islam honors her as a prophet.
    Because of the different perceptions of her by people all throughout history, Archer is able to freely change her alignment to suit her needs.

Protection of the Faith (D+ (C+)): Archer receives a bonus to defenses against skills and Noble Phantasms with Judeo-Christian origins, and an additional bonus against those with Arabian origins.
    Archer's name is translated literally as "God has hearkened", suggesting that the child so named was regarded as the fulfillment of a divine promise.
    Indeed, through Archer, Abraham's descendants spread from Assyria to Egypt and became extremely numerous.

Noble Phantasms

Zamzam~Well of the Living One (A, Support)

This ability is the crystallization of the two wells that saved Archer's life in the wilderness.
    When Archer loses her connection to a Master, she receives the miraculous water provided by the Archangel Gabriel.
    Archer gains the ability to not only produce water from her body, but can convert any water into prana for her continued survival.
    While subsisting on the water, her END, LCK, Magic Resistance and Protection of the Faith are each increased by one rank.

For when in the desert, it is water, not prana, that will sustain one's life.

Hijazi~Bow of Paradise (A+, Anti-Unit, Anti-Army)

It is said that the first to construct the Arab bow was Abraham, using knowledge granted to Adam, the first human, from heaven.
    He made a bow for each of his children, Ishmael and Isaac. This bow holds within it the origin of all the famed bows used in Arabia
    throughout the millennia, including the three bows of the Prophet Mohammed and even the bow of the Archangel Gabriel.
    It is the pinnacle of ranged weaponry, for Gabriel declared "the hand of man will not reach to an implement of war to which the bow and arrow are not superior."
    Arrows fired from this bow become streaks of light with speed and force that can be likened to large caliber bullets and artillery shells.
    Should Archer's opponent use a more technologically advanced weapon with greater power, her arrows will aggressively consume
    her prana in order to increase their power to overwhelm that of the enemy's, enforcing the Truth of Gabriel's statement of the supremacy of the bow and arrow.

For as the mother of Arabia, Ishmael must stand victorious as the greatest archer.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; October 20th, 2014 at 10:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wait. Ishamel was gu- Oh. ​Ohhh.

Surprise!

Blog Entries
    CMIIW Support isnt an official rank?

Also, can you further the explanation of the condition for the bow to be anti army?

CMIIW Support isnt an official rank?
    I like the term "Support" better than "Anti-Unit (Self)"? Not sure what you're asking here.

Also, can you further the explanation of the condition for the bow to be anti army?
    How many "more technologically advanced weapons" do you know of that can exceed an A rank attack? More likely that not it will be something with a very large blast radius so increasing her power to equal that would make Anti-Army a more accurate description.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; October 21st, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

Blog Entries

This guy iz dangerouuuus

A huge part of the Bible is military history. It wasn't all Jesus preaching and proselytizing. A lot of people spent a lot of time killing even more people.

Blog Entries
    I like the term "Support" better than "Anti-Unit (Self)"? Not sure what you're asking here.

How many "more technologically advanced weapons" do you know of that can exceed an A rank attack? More likely that not it will be something with a very large blast radius so increasing her power to equal that would make Anti-Army a more accurate description.
    Just not sure whether or not support is an official classification.

Also, so the increase for her bow and arrow is not damage related, but output related right?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Support isn't official.
    The idea behind anti-unit is it helps you against someone else in combat. So then armor even if it's "support" it helps you in one on one combat so it's anti-unit. Same can be said with blessings etc.
    Anti-unit is very convenient.