Page 505 of 782 FirstFirst ... 5405455495500503504505506507510515555605 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,100 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Apparently I fail at research, but circumstance was kind enough to throw me a bone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    And Ramesses also has the Sphinx as a NP, which I'm pretty sure he has no excuse for.
    lolSakurai is a perfectly reasonable excuse.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And Ramesses also has the Sphinx as a NP, which I'm pretty sure he has no excuse for.
    Ramesses doesn't have THE Sphinx (Which was built by Khufu or alternatively his son Khafra about 1200 years earlier), but A Sphinx, which is a Divine Beast that is literally the personification of his power.

And his Ramesseum Tentyris NP is specifically a complex of temples including ones not built during his time because "lol I'm the King of Kings, every other king's cool shit is my cool shit".

- - - Updated - - -

It does help, thanks. At least it can be argued that Cleo owned the Library. Unless it was destroyed during her reign, which it might have been.
    Given that 1. She didn't own the Library, Rome did and 2. It was destroyed 400 years later, that's not entirely accurate either.

And given that it's one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, I'd argue it would be considerably higher ranked than D.
    Last edited by Christemo; January 19th, 2015 at 04:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    It's not one of the Seven Wonders. You're thinking of the Lighthouse.

And the low rank can probably be explained by the fact that since she's not the true owner, its rank is reduced maybe.
    Last edited by asterism42; January 19th, 2015 at 05:04 AM.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh yeah. I pretty much don't remember any of the Wonders besides the Colossus and the Hanging Gardens because those are the only ones that matter in pop culture.

- - - Updated - - -

And the low rank can probably be explained by the fact that since she's not the true owner, its rank is reduced maybe.
    An easier explanation would be that it's prime is several centuries past her time.

Blog Entries
    The Lighthouse of Alexandria, the Hanging Gardens, the Great Pyramid, the Temple of Artemis, the statue of Zeus, the Mausoleum, and the Colossus.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I know, I looked it up.

Blog Entries
    The Great Pyramid still exists even if in diminished glory.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

Blog Entries
    It's not one of the Seven Wonders. You're thinking of the Lighthouse.

Semi can summon the EX-ranked Hanging Gardens, despite not being its true owner.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    Semi can summon the EX-ranked Hanging Gardens, despite not being its true owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocrypha Vol 2, Chapter 2-10
    The Queen of Assyria, Semiramis. Her Noble Phantasm Hanging Gardens of Babylon was a flying fortress. However, it was impossible to manifest it through prana. First, materials consisting of stone and wood from a specific region must be gathered.

Once having gathered everything she needed, a long ritual needed to be held by Assassin herself, and then it would finally be complete as a Noble Phantasm… This process stemmed from the fact that, historically, Queen Semiramis did not create the Hanging Gardens in the first place.

In reality, she had never once seen the Hanging Gardens in her lifetime. However, she knew and instinctively sensed that it had been inscribed as part of her legend. This mystery was added to her legend after her death, but people’s mental image of the Hanging Gardens being built by the world’s most ancient assassin, the legendary queen, was very strong.

The Hanging Gardens first required materials. Materials that came from this world in the present day. Wood, stone, minerals, plants and water—all from the land she once lived in.

After gathering and assembling everything together, the ritual she conducted turned the mere ‘illusion’ into reality. It was a counterfeit turned real, a Noble Phantasm that normally should be absolutely impossible to exist.

Therefore, it possessed the word [vanity] in its title. People who knew the truth could only feel a kind of scorn for it. Semiramis didn’t build the Hanging Gardens, they would say. However, vanity was not a fragile thing. No, since the materials had been gathered and the Noble Phantasm had managed to be successfully constructed, at the very least, this vanity had been turned into the truth in this day and age.

And this former illusionary garden—was far more absurd and ridiculous than the real one.
    Hers is specifically way better than the real one.

Blog Entries
    Oh, wow. I did not know I missed that.

Blog Entries
    Simply because of the accumulated mystery and her sheer vanity she can actually construct something better than the original. She's that based.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I blame the boobs. Obviously people will remember the ruler with the knockers better than some old dude who was turned insane.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Simply because of the accumulated mystery and her sheer vanity she can actually construct something better than the original. She's that based.
    Doesn't stop the lolicon Nips from shitting on her.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Japan having absolute garbage taste is nothing new.

Blog Entries
    ^^^Female rulers stand out by default in comparison the male majority because of the novelty factor, then add the fact of being hot and getting shit done.

^^We should elevate the minority who want to slip hands into her cleavage to the rulership, maybe we will salvage Japan somehow.
    Last edited by Kat; January 19th, 2015 at 06:59 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, to be remembered a female historical figure generally has to do something spectacular and/or be ridiculously beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Or be too good for the sinful Earth, like our sole female king (officially a king since the language back then had no word for queen regnant) who is now a Roman Catholic Saint for her charitable and generous acts, including helping to restore an university. Happened to be Hungarian like the other notable female ruler figure (during period of feudal fragmentation) here who is remembered for establishing salt mine industry, also a saint. Obviously getting shit done is one of ways to become a saint.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    And Semiramis' case in that regard would be being some girl an old shepard found who became one of the most powerful rulers in the world at the time through having a pretty face and slipping poison in the right drinks.