Page 550 of 782 FirstFirst ... 50450500540545548549550551552555560600650 ... LastLast
Results 10,981 to 11,000 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Deathmask is just a faggot I want nothing to do with him

I'll probably make something for Saga, Leo and mayhaps Aries, because Shion is my fucking homie.

- - - Updated - - -

"HEY LOOK AT THE GUYS WITH GALAXY BUSTERS BUT GUESS WHAT I CAN DO? SEND YOU TO JAPANESE JOBBER HELL"
    Last edited by Christemo; March 29th, 2015 at 10:30 PM.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't hate on Deathmask mate.

He had a hard life. He also gave me a hard life.

At least i'm not Piscis

Blog Entries
    Also isnt Japanese Jobber Hell pretty much just Hell?

To be fair i dont even remember really well that fight

Deathmask sends Shiryu to hell but then hr comes back for sone reason? I think it involved Shiryu's waifu? And then Deathmask sends him back to hell and goes there to finish his job only for his cloth to get tired of his obvious evil shit and dump him?

Its something like that?

Blog Entries
    Been on a Fire Emblem binge for a bit, so here.

Class: Caster
    Attribute: Star
    Alignment: Neutral Good

STR: E
    AGI: D
    END: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: B+

Skills:

Territory Creation: B
    Caster can construct a Workshop suitable for creating books.

Item Construction: C
    Caster can create magically-enhanced items due having spent time as a metalworker, but her true forte lies in printing tomes in conjunction with her Noble Phantasm.

High-Speed Incantation: B+
    This skill does not truly refer to Caster’s speed in reciting spells, but rather amplifies the speed at which she can finish printing out tomes with her Noble Phantasm.

Golden Rule: C+
    Caster came from a family of nobles who once held control of the episcopal mint. By creating forged money (a skill whose use Caster frowns upon), it is possible to amass greater amounts of wealth.

Innovation: A
    Due to her work being a monumental contribution in almost every aspect of life that requires reading literature, Caster gains the ability to recognize book-type Noble Phantasms on sight, as well as perform a Luck roll to identify Servants whose legends are connected to books (either by coming from one, or writing one down).

Noble Phantasm:

Gutenberg Press: Wisdom’s Mechanical Scribe
    Type: Support
    Range: 0
    Max targets: 1 person

The very first printing press to see the light of day in Europe. Although the Chinese developed a similar type of printing press thousands of years earlier, the invention of the movable-type printing press was truly a revolutionary concept, destroying the monopoly on knowledge held by the nobility by allowing easier access to printed literature, ushering in golden periods such as the Renaissance, the Reformation, and the Enlightenment.

It is a movable-type printing press utilizing several innovations such as oil-based ink, movable metal types, and a system not dissimilar to the screw presses used in winemaking. Once it is summoned into the modern world, it instantly begins producing copies of texts on Magecraft from both past and present using information and prana gathered from the ambient leylines.

The tomes produced can be described as limited-use Mystic Codes that allow the user to perform a single spell. Each tome also comes with a fixed prana supply of about seventy-five units apiece, making the use of anything beyond simple rituals impossible. However, each tome varies wildly in content, with ancient Numerology formulae, Formalcraft rituals, and alchemical symbols being some of Caster’s more favored spells.

Lore
    Caster is Johannes Gensfleisch zur Laden zum Gutenberg, the celebrated creator of the printing press. However, the truth is that Johannes was actually a woman named Johanna, and her life was little cause for celebration.

Johanna was born to a family of merchants in Germany sometime during the end of the fourteenth century. Her parents were skilled alchemists who kept the episcopal mint running smoothly by transmuting base metals into alloys of greater value. She kept these skills, and eventually used them to create her printing press.

Johanna was a very headstrong and curious girl, leading her to spurn multiple marriage candidates and go as far as masquerading as a man in order to enter the university. However, these traits also left her destitute when financial disaster struck: a venture of hers collapsed, and a series of natural disasters caused the Gutenberg house to sink into debt. Normally, a penniless spinster would have had to rely on the charity of others, but Johanna refused that fate and came up with the ingenious plan of creating a printing press that would greatly speed up the process of bookmaking.

Of course, such a monumental task requires an equally monumental amount of money, and transmuted coinage could not save Johanna from having to lend money from another. She approached a man named Johann Fust to borrow money for her project, and he agreed to lend her the money.

Her printing press was a success, and soon, she was printing out copies of a new, forty-two line Bible, later to be known as the Gutenberg Bible. However, her sales were not enough to satisfy her debt. Soon after, Fust had Johanna called to court to pay for her debt. Because she was unable to do so, what little money she had left, and her prized invention, was taken from her.

In later years, Johanna moved to back to her mother’s estate and started a new publishing house with the same technology she had built. When she died in 1468, not a soul had recognized her monumental contribution to the history of literature until two centuries later.

Summoned into the Holy Grail War, she greatly enjoys reading books, and is rather mistrustful of her Master due to her prior dealings with Fust. She has no wish in particular, but expresses a sentiment for killing every last moneylender on the face of the earth.
    Last edited by Nuclear; January 12th, 2016 at 07:37 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Reminds me slightly of the thing I made for Harun, when it comes to the Noble Phantasm. It's sadly kind of the only way you can take book based Heroic Spirits :/ Still good tho!

Look forward to Geminus tomorrow if G senjou no maou doesnt eat my time like a 1 dollar quarterpounder

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Also isnt Japanese Jobber Hell pretty much just Hell?
    Well no because REAL HELL was the greek one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Christemo View Post
    Reminds me slightly of the thing I made for Harun, when it comes to the Noble Phantasm. It's sadly kind of the only way you can take book based Heroic Spirits :/ Still good tho!
    It is rather difficult to make a Servant out of someone who didn't kill other people.

I'm glad you liked it.

Blog Entries

Well no because REAL HELL was the greek one
    But wasnt the Japanese Hell one of the entrances for the rral Greek Hell?
    Last edited by JetKinen; March 30th, 2015 at 01:09 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yes, so it was bitch hell, because it wasnt REAL HELL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclear Consensus View Post
    It is rather difficult to make a Servant out of someone who didn't kill other people.
    With age of gods people like Aeacus you can at least make up them having buttblasting powers based on their epic deeds but it becomes pretty difficult when its people like Harun who built a big library and Johannes who made a lot of books

Banned
    Blog Entries

Nasuverse Lore
    At the end of the Age of Gods, those among the Gods that were not going to remain as they were with the coming change of the world were desperate for a way to extend their reign, and to find a way to remain intact, they contacted various mortals of great power in hopes of being able to empower them enough for a solution to be found. One such mortal was Geminus, an abnormally powerful Magus native to Rhodes who had seen the future of the world in the stars. Of course, this also meant that he knew just what was coming when one day, Zeus, in the guise of of an eagle, appeared on his terrace while he was studying the stars. The great god promised him anything he might wish for if he accepted to be empowered by the Sky god to find a way to preserve him and the others of the Pantheon in the stars.

Geminus accepted, though not in any way to help those who were outdated. Mankind no longer needed the gods, but Geminus as a human still desired the power that gods possessed. The power that put them above mankind. And while he used this power to great effect for personal reasons, redefining Magecraft pertaining to the stars and the distant universe, never once would Zeus, when he appeared every year for all of Geminus' life, be met with the results that he desired. Perhaps this was even what helped the god slowly accept that he and his kin were a race without a future, another obstacle in the way of mankind that would be brushed aside. When the powerful scholar, who wielded power reflecting the universe itself, one year finally was honest with the God and told him there was no way to save his race, Zeus simply told him that he had already figured as much. Soon was to dawn the time of man, and neither the god nor the scholar would live to see it. Though Geminus had expected divine punishment for lying about the Gods' future for so long, he instead were given merely a heartfelt goodbye, and was left with the realization that in all those long years, the eagle that was Zeus had been his only friend.

That was how Geminus would come to dread the advance to the Age of Man, and how he ended up taking his own life in grief when the eagle stopped visiting him, the power he had been given for all his life proving completely useless.

Class: Caster
    True Name: Geminus of Rhodes
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Birth: Greece
    Original lifetime: 1st Century BC

STR: D AGI: C

END: D MGI: A+

LCK: B NP: A+++

Class Skills:

Territory Creation: A

Creation of an Observatory, superior to a Workshop, becomes possible.

Item Creation: C

As Caster is an astronomer, he can only create items pertaining to his craft like star maps and devices to help read the stars.

Personal Skills:

High-Speed Divine Words: B

The power to activate Thaumaturgy without the use of Magic Circuits. The language of the Age of Gods, back when words played a heavy role in spellcasting. As such, it is a power long lost by modern magi. At this rank, High-Thaumaturgy can be activated at the speed of One-Count spells.

Divine Gift of Magic: A+

Arcane power given to mortal Magi by the gods of old, which allowed them to exceed the limits of mortal Magecraft and reach into the realm of the gods. At this rank, despite being from very late in the Age of Gods, Caster possesses magical abilities that are equal in power to the modern Magics, given to him by the Supreme God Zeus. With this power, Caster mastered the power of the lights in the night sky to a degree no man has done since the days of Babylon and developed Thaumaturgy that rivals even the greatest Magi of myth in Greece.

Gematria: B

An Assyro-Babylonian system of Magecraft used by the Greeks that assigns numerical value to a word or phrase in the belief that words or phrases with identical numerical values. By converting letters in a word to numbers and subsequently multiplying these numbers with one another, it becomes possible to create new meanings. Caster was an accomplished mathematician referenced by many scholars like Proclus and Eutocius, even if copies of his work did not survive through the ages.

For example:
    Gold = χρυσός
    χρυσός = 2x2x3x5x5x5
    2x2x3x5x5x5 = 1500
    1500 = δυναμεως (Power) and also φως (Light)
    Thus gold = power and light (read: beams)

Scholar of the Starry Skies:
    B

The Skill possessed by Heroic Spirit astronomers that connotes their skill with the science of the universe. At this rank, one is a highly respected astronomer who left his mark upon history through wisdom and knowledge that can teach any willing student the ways of the universe in a matter of months. An astronomer of this skill can discern any constellation of the night sky on sight without the use of a star map or telescope, so long as the light pollution in the area is not overwhelming.

Noble Phantasm:

Implosion of Three Hundred Billion Stars
    Galaxian Explosion: A+++

Anti-Army/Anti-Country

Discovered by Geminus during his life, this Noble Phantasm is a spell originating from Divine Thaumaturgy used by the God of the Constellations in ancient Babylon, Anu. It is a power he kept secret from everyone, for it is too great and destructive to be wielded by mankind, and only came within his own reach because of the heights Zeus' powers allowed him to reach. With extreme caution, one shapes a microcosmic galaxy, with stars and suns and asteroids and all the wonders of the sky, in one's own hands, and then releases it towards the opponent. It is effectively the mimicking of a supernova, a phenomenon Geminus saw only once during his lifetime, shaped and sculpted using Prana that dwarfs the likes of which mankind can handle and then used for total obliteration. At a high level of mastery only Anu was ever said to possess, this Noble Phantasm can be used in such a manner that only a single opponent is affected by it, effectively letting an explosion large enough to annihilate a small country out inside a single person, making them explode into a shower of blood, but Geminus never managed such a level of mastery and therefor never used this power in his lifetime. As his Prana levels are not nearly what they were in life when summoned as a Servant, it is barely even possible to activate this Noble Phantasm without risking for Geminus to disappear on the spot afterwards.
    Last edited by Christemo; March 30th, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Nice. But a galaxian explosion could well be Ex-rank.

Anu, because needed reference to Mesopotamian deities? Also, I just noticed a parallel with this concept and Zeus: the catasterismi the Greek gods were so fond of (since they can create constellations, they can also destroy stars, maybe?)

What next, Scorpio Orion?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherrinford View Post
    Nice. But a galaxian explosion could well be Ex-rank.
    Anu's Galaxian Explosion would be EX. Geminus' is too shitty.

Anu, because needed reference to Mesopotamian deities?
    Actually its because hes the God of the Stars, and that I originally wanted to make a mortal Anu as Saga for that reason but since hes already referenced as one of the first gods in Gilgamesh's backstory I couldn't really do that.

Also, I just noticed a parallel with this concept and Zeus: the catasterismi the Greek gods were so fond of (since they can create constellations, they can also destroy stars, maybe?)
    It was more just that Zeus is the god of the sky, since there's no greek god specifically governing stars, but that was totally legit the plan, totally.

What next, Scorpio Orion?
    I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking of Taurus Nefertari, since Taurus represented the goddess Hathor, who Nefertari is said, according to Fragments, to be an earthly manifestation of.

Nefertari

Ozymandias’s beloved girl.

She was his very first queen to him, she was the only girl who he “respected and adored” in his lifetime, and a person who was recognised as a manifestation on earth of the Goddess Hathor by him, she received the greatest amount of love from him among his numerous queens there.

Nefertari’s name means “The most beautiful woman among all people.”

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    since there's no greek god specifically governing stars
    There're some minor ones, like Astraeus, god of the dusk and father of various stars, and Asteria, the goddess of astrology and shooting stars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Correction then, google didnt in a 10 second search tell me of any greek gods governing stars

Blog Entries
    There are some ridiculously minor gods out there.

Like Cardea, the Roman goddess of door hinges.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Actually its because hes the God of the Stars, and that I originally wanted to make a mortal Anu as Saga for that reason but since hes already referenced as one of the first gods in Gilgamesh's backstory I couldn't really do that.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. Gilgamesh sets a precedent.

There isn't just one god of the sky, although admittedly usually they are not identified with the night sky. In the end, Zeus makes much more sense, he's strong enough to award such power, plus what I said above.

It was more just that Zeus is the god of the sky, since there's no greek god specifically governing stars, but that was totally legit the plan, totally.
    Ouranous and Varuna were both gods of the upper cosmo, for example. Coeus too is a titan associated with the celestial axis. But Zeus works best in the end.

I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking of Taurus Nefertari, since Taurus represented the goddess Hathor, who Nefertari is said, according to Fragments, to be an earthly manifestation of.
    On top of my head with greek heroes (because I once did a similar brainstorming): Aries-Jason, Taurus-Theseus, Cancer-Orpheus, Virgo-Tiresias, Capricornus-Perseus (because he uses a sword given to him by Athena ;P), Aquarius-Deucalion or Ganymede, Pisces-Adonis or Narcissus.

Blog Entries
    Aquarius is definitely Ganymede since, y'know, it is him. Like Gemini being the Dioscuri.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    I know the constellation is Ganymede, but who do you think is cooler? The ante-litteram pretty shota cup-bearer, or the guy that can replicate the myth of the Flood?

Blog Entries
    Wynaut trap Ganymede with a water cannon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    I thought the constellation of Taurus mainly represented one of Zeus freaky one night stands.

But oh well, theres thousand of divine bulls in mythology so theres plenty to pick and choose

Blog Entries
    CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Caster
    Name: Ganymede
    Place of birth: Troy
    Spoiler:

STR: C
    END: D
    AGI: C
    MAG: A
    LUCK: A
    NP: A

Class Skills
    Territory Creation (A): The ability to claim land as one’s own. Creation of a temple, greater in strength than a workshop, becomes possible.

Item Construction (C): The ability to create magical items and potions. Creation of various medicines becomes available. Though Caster is associated with the food of the gods, he did not brew it himself and so is unable to truly make his Noble Phantasm without a great deal of resources and spare prana.

Personal Skills
    Divinity (B+): Though not divine by birth, Caster became a minor god of youth and water after his abduction.

Familiars (C): Caster is able to call on birds to act as his familiars. His association with them stems from his abduction, when the god Zeus assumed the form of an eagle to spirit him away.

Guidance of the Stars (A): Immortalized in the stars. As one of the Zodiac constellations is associated with him, this rank is high. Caster’s stats are increased whenever the constellation Aquarius is present in the sky, regardless of whether or not it is visible.

Divine Words (B): As he is from the age of the gods, Caster is capable of using Divine Words to cast magic, having received tutelage in them from the gods themselves. Though as he was not famed as a sorcerer is legend, he is unable to speak them at high speed.

Noble Phantasms
    Nile Fountain – Source of the River (Anti-Army, B): After his ascension into the constellation of Aquarius, Ganymede became associated with water. In Egypt, Aquarius was stated to cause the annual flooding of the Nile. This Noble Phantasm takes the form of the jar that Caster carries. When the Noble Phantasm is called upon, a blast of water is fired with immense force from the mouth of the jar. As the jar is capable of causing the Nile inundation, the volume of water it carries is immense.

Nectar and Ambrosia – Feast of the Gods (Anti-Unit/Self, A): The food of the gods, and Ganymede’s greatest treasure. From his cup he serves the nectar the gods drink. It can heal any wound, cure any illness and even restore lost youth. However, not only is his stock of it is limited and it is very difficult for him to create more, but his position as cupbearer to the gods brought him nothing but grief, earning him the enmity of Hera and separating him from his home and family. Thus he is very unwilling to make use of this skill.

Threw this together rather quickly, so it's even rougher than my usual fare. Still, water cannon NP!
    Last edited by asterism42; June 23rd, 2015 at 12:22 AM.