Page 738 of 782 FirstFirst ... 238638688728733736737738739740743748 ... LastLast
Results 14,741 to 14,760 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post
    Well, this is a Saber I made to be a protagonist. It is a Servant that I really liked to create.

Saber

Identity and Parameters
    Identity: Himiko (Jap: 卑弥呼)
    Title: “The Shaman Empress”
    Alternative Classes: Rider, Caster
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Background: Himiko is the name used by Empress Jingu during her contact with foreign countries. Famous for being a powerful shaman and a user of magecraft, someone who bewitched the people from her country, Yamataikoku, to stop civil wars. But also a famous warrior woman, who went to war against the kingdoms of Korea. Himiko, or Jingu, assumed the title of Empress with the death of her husband, Emperor Chuai, during a time of conflict and war; however, even with the odds against her, she managed to be a great leader. She was one of the first rulers of Japan who had contact with China and Korea, when she used the title Himiko, and presented her country as Yamataikoku. Himiko was a queen who stood out in the arts of shamanism and magecraft, in the art of war and fighting, and as a leader and ruler.
    Strength – C
    Endurance – D
    Agility – B
    Mana – C
    Luck – A
    Noble Phantasm – A+
    Weaponry: Saber wields her sword Nanatsusaya no Tachi.
    Armor: Saber wears a light armor.

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (C) – Grants protection against magical effects. Spells with chant below three verses does not affect Saber. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for Saber to be affected.
    Riding (B) – The ability to ride mounts or to handle vehicles. Saber can handle most vehicles with above average skill. However, she cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma (B++) – The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Saber's rank is suitable for a king of a country. The + is attained with the application of sorcery, used by her in her legend to increase her leadership.
    Shamanism (A) – The ability to contact, communicate or use the power of spirits. Saber’s rank reflects her title as the “Shaman Empress”.

Noble Phantasm
    Noble Phantasm:

Nanatsusaya no Tachi
    Severance of Time and Space
    Anti-Unit / A
    A unique sword with seven branches, six blades on the side of its edge, and with its tip, it is called the “Seven Branched Sword”, or, in Japanese, Nanatsusaya no Tachi or Shichishitou. It was a gift from the king of Baekje (Korea) to Himiko. On its blade is written “The sword was made of hundred times hardened steel. Using the sword repels hundred enemy soldiers.”

Nanatsusaya no Tachi is a golden sword wielded by Saber. It is approximately seventy-five centimeters long, and has six small blades in the borders of the central blade. It is a light sword, allowing for quick movements, and the lateral blades can work as a saw when used on enemies.

When its name is evoked, Saber will strike her target with Nanatsusaya no Tachi, generating a powerful shockwave. Then, the real power of this Noble Phantasm will be activated: the sword will cut the flow of time, and revert both Saber and target to the moment the Noble Phantasm was activated, but any condition of them will be keep (wounds, mana consumption, death), and Saber will generate a second strike. This process will repeat itself more five times, totalizing seven strikes. Unlike the technic of the swordsman Sasaki Kojiro, Nanatsusaya no Tachi does not deliver multiple attacks in the same time, but control the flow of time to make all of its attacks to be delivered at the same time. For an observer, who is not affected by its effects, he will only see one of the seven strikes, the last one.

Yamataikoku
    Utopia of the East
    Barrier / C
    Yamataioku is the name Himiko used to name her kingdom to the foreigners of China and Korea. Probably a corruption of Yamato, the name used for the people and land of Japan, it is idolized as a utopia lead by a Shaman Empress. It reflects the fact that Himiko will hardly be summoned as a “whole” Servant, if she is summoned as a Saber, she will lose a part of her magical abilities, if she is summoned as a Caster, she will lose some of her fighting abilities. This Noble Phantasm allows her to manifest as a whole, not as a fighter, not as a magus, but as a queen who excelled in both fields.

When active, Yamataikoku became a barrier that cover a large area around Saber. The preparation for its activation takes between 60 and 300 turns, depending of the area Saber want to cover. Only one of them can be active at time, and one need to be removed in order to create another in other place. The effects of Yamataikoku lasts between 180 and 600 turns.

While inside the barrier, Himiko’s Mana and Luck parameters will raise, as well her Skills’ rank. She will gain skills that are normally compatible with the class Caster, as High-Speed Divine Words (C), Familiars (Clay Figures) (C) and Clairvoyance (C).
    Very interesting Saber. Like you said, she's very much a 'protagonist-type' Servant. Have to say, I never imagined Himiko as a Saber (more like Caster). She's a tad squishy for a Saber though, I'd say her age (lived some 2000 years ago), fame and Class justify stats a little higher. Strength can stay as it is, but both Agility and Endurance could stand to be a rank higher.

As for her NPs... I like the idea behind Nanatsusaya no Tachi (whew, what a mouthful!) and it seems exactly the kind of absurd conceptual mumbo-jumbo that'd fit perfectly in a Fate spinoff. I admit I had to re-read the description once or twice to get my head around what it did.

So I take it, Yamaitaitoku essentially gives her the benefits of Double Summon within the barrier (albeit without Class Skills)? That's a neat way to include the abilities she'd have as Caster without overpowering her (since she can only use them inside the barrier). I don't think detail about the number of 'turns' is really necessary (this isn't an RPG after all) but that's just me. One thing I'd suggest is to add some physical description as to what the barrier looks like once established. Given the title 'Utopia Of The East' I'm presuming it changes the environment to look like some kind of idealized Japan? Prairies, Sakura trees in bloom, that sort of thing. I would expect some kind of visual affect, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. I wonder how she'd fare in a fight with my own Yamato Takeru, another Japanese female (genderbent in this case) Saber...

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Small suggestion for Abe no Seimei: I'd suggest folding High-Speed Incantation under Onmyodo. I don't think we've had any Caster (before "Grand Order", at least) with two spellcasting Skills.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Small suggestion for Abe no Seimei: I'd suggest folding High-Speed Incantation under Onmyodo. I don't think we've had any Caster (before "Grand Order", at least) with two spellcasting Skills.
    Onmyodo is a magecraft system like runes or kabbalah
    High-Speed Incantation is a technique
    There is no need, neither should you put the two together.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I was actually thinking of that, but I decided to keep them distinct since HSI is specifically a result of Ofuda. I guess I could add something like "By inscribing his spells into Ofuda cards and invoking them by infusing his magical energy into the card in question, up to ten-verse spells can be deployed instantaneously" to Onymodo's description, but I felt that Skill was stuffed enough as is. Appreciate the advice, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I guess what Spoony's saying is that Magecraft related Skills (Runes, Kabbalah, Onymodo, et cetera) include everything to do with the Magecraft in question. Such as casting speed, efficiency, power, versatility, elemental specialty and what have you. He has a point, though I think in this case the two Skills are worthy of being separate.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Very interesting Saber. Like you said, she's very much a 'protagonist-type' Servant. Have to say, I never imagined Himiko as a Saber (more like Caster). She's a tad squishy for a Saber though, and I'd say her age (lived some 2000 years ago), fame and Class justify stats a little higher. Strength can stay as it is, but both Agility and Endurance could stand to be a rank higher IMO.

As for her NPs... I like the idea behind Nanatsusaya no Tachi (whew, what a mouthful!) and it seems exactly the kind of absurd conceptual mumbo-jumbo that'd fit perfectly in a Fate spinoff. I admit I had to re-read the description once or twice to get my head around what it did.

So I take it, Yamaitaitoku essentially gives her the benefits of Double Summon within the barrier (albeit without Class Skills)? That's a neat way to include the abilities she'd have as Caster without overpowering her (since she can only use them inside the barrier). I don't think detail about the number of 'turns' is really necessary (this isn't an RPG after all) but that's just me. One thing I'd suggest is to add some physical description as to what the barrier looks like once established. Given the title 'Utopia Of The East' I'm presuming it changes the environment to look like some kind of idealized Japan? Prairies, Sakura trees in bloom, that sort of thing. I would expect some kind of visual affect, at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm. I wonder how she'd fare in a fight with my own Yamato Takeru, another Japanese female (genderbent in this case) Saber...
    Thank you for you time!

I wanted to use her as a protagonist, but didn't wanted her as Caster, so I did a lot of researcher to find some excuse to her fight with a sword. And not that hard I found about the sword of Jingu and how she could be Himiko. I didn't even had to stretch to get it. About the parameters, I was in fear of making her too strong, so I compared her with Nero. But well, I obviously want her to be a bit stronger. Endurance C and Agility A seems good? Or maybe Agility B+?

About the Nanatsusaya no Tachi, I was worried I couldn't explain it in english.

About the Yamataikoku. I was in doubt If I'd add the Class Skills. But yeah, it is basically a Double Summon. But since in Double Summon description (IIRC) you can't have it and be a Saber, I made this NP. I like to use the terms Turn exactly because it makes me feel like it is a RPG. I saw some Servants Profiles in Zero (or was Stay Night) that use the term, so I started using it. About the physical description about the barrier. I didn't think much about it. But the idea of Sakura trees is really nice. I usually just thought on every building turning red (the red used in the Torii and the palaces).

And I think Yamato Takeru is obviously superior to Himiko. He has a bit of Divinity from Amaterasu (Himiko doesn't since she was consort), he have Kusanagi, that is superior to Nanatsusaya. Well, Himiko has her magecraft, but Yamato have Magic Resistance. So...

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakuro View Post

Identity: [/B]Himiko (Jap: 卑弥呼)
    > Amaterasu.jpg

But she's
    my waifu
    Amaterasu
    . That was one of the cards I failed to get in Ayakashi Ghost Guild b4 it got shutdown and I'm still salty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    > Amaterasu.jpg

But she's
    my waifu
    Amaterasu
    . That was one of the cards I failed to get in Ayakashi Ghost Guild b4 it got shutdown and I'm still salty about it.
    Well, the Nasuverse already got its own Amaterasu, even she being a bikini fox woman :T And Ayakashi got some nice artworks and this Amaterasu looks like the image I have of a Himiko

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    I guess what Spoony's saying is that Magecraft related Skills (Runes, Kabbalah, Onymodo, et cetera) include everything to do with the Magecraft in question. Such as casting speed, efficiency, power, versatility, elemental specialty and what have you.
    Yeah, pretty much.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Rider
    True Name: Freyja
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Norway

Strength- A
    Endurance- B
    Agility- A
    Mana- A
    Luck- D
    NP- A++

Height/Weight: 184cm/66kg
    Dislikes: Those with no taste
    Talent: Romantic and Relationship Advice
    Natural Enemy: Loki

Class Skills:
    • Magic Resistance (A) - Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".
    • Riding (A+) - Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personal Skills:
    • Goddess Divine Core (EX) - A skill that express being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels mental interference and prevents the body from changes and growth.
    • Cloak of Feathers (A) - The Cloak of Feathers is a valuable item that grants the user the ability of flight. Though it is classified as a Noble Phantasm normally, it functions as a skill in this case. Here, Freyja is capable of flight although doing so will continuously use up her mana supply. Here she can fly at such speeds it can be likened to short range teleportation.
    • Prana Burst (Frost) (B) - The increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with magical energy and instantly expelling it. Simply put, recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. In Freyja's case she can grasp a target and if they fail an endurance saving throw, they become instantly flash-frozen.
    • Primordial Rune (-) - The knowledge about Runes that come from an older eras. Those with knowledge of Primordial Runes can also make use of the classic Rune Magic. She is particularly adept and taught Odin the art of Runecraft.

Noble Phantasms

Brisingamen Jewel of Fire (Anti-Unit)(Self) (C) - The necklace of Freyja. Forged by dwarves, it appears as a gold chain around her neck adorned with a flawless ruby. Said to make the user irrisistable, when adorned her entire visage gives of effects similar to those of Charm-type Mystic Eyes affecting those who are naturally attracted to females amplifying her already great beauty. Additionally, in combat, her Luck parameter is maximised to EX as the necklace grants great luck to whoever the wearer favoured in combat.
    However it does have a limitation, when active, it prohibits the usage of her other Noble Phantasms. The jewel is not continually active as it can be activated and deactivated at will.

Hildisvini Beast of Divine Rampage (Anti-Unit) (A) -
    The enormous boar of heaven Freyja rode into combat alongside. Adorned withwhite fur and golden tusks, it is a powerful divine beast, it has a powerful hide granting it great resistance, powerful tusks and deceptively great speed. It's main method of attack is to charge at a target and gore them with its deadly tusks though it can also trample targets to oblivion. Freyja claims it is as powerful as a Servant by itself. Unlike many other divine beasts summonable by the Rider class, it functions as a 'Minion' rather than a true mount.

Vogner av Raseri Ever Distant Savage Dominion (Anti-Army) (A++) - A large antique war chariot pulled along by two blue divine felines. While she called them her 'little cats' they are large muscular lions. The chariot is larger than most trucks and the lions claws and teeth are each equivalent to an 'A' ranked attack. Its speed is also very significant, reducing a distance of several hundred meters to zero the instant after its activation. Freyja is able to keep the noise from being emitted while travelling to avoid detection by ordinary humans, but it still gives off a large amount of magical energy that is detectable to Servants. If allowed to rampage, a city could be destroyed within an hour.

Lore

Freyja is a goddess in Norse and Germanic Mythology. She was originally worshipped as a fertility goddess but was later worshipped with the attributes of love, beauty, war, battle. Freyja was said to be the most beloved, honoured, and renowned among goddesses. She is one of the most popular deities of the Nords. The Valkyries were the elite and angelic warriors of the Nordic Pantheon, as beautiful as they were dangerous. Yet their queen, Freyja had her own level of ferocity and passion that shamed the Valkyries. She was so desired and ruthless in war she was truly the greatest among them.

The Valkyries collect the souls of heroes killed in battles and bring them to Valhalla, where they will become warriors of the gods. She shared with Odin half of these heroes. Her sacred realm is Folkvang (Warriors' Field), here lies her great and fair hall Sessrumnir (Room of Seats). At this hall, she decides where her warriors shall sit. Once, Freya was married to the mysterious and elusive God, Od. She deeply loved her husband, but he often went away on long journeys. So long was he gone the Gods presumed him dead. Finally, she discovered him ship-wrecked and twisted into a hideous sea monster but one night, while she slept, a daring hunter slew the beast Od had become. Moved by Freya’s utter despair, the Gods agreed to allow Od into Sussrumnir, despite the fact he had not died in battle, so he and Freya could remain together forever.

Her personality is very unlike a warrior. Out of all the gods, she is by far the most approachable. She adores cute boys, tomboyish girls, love songs and bright flowers. She’s sensual and amorous, invoked by worshipers seeking to bear a child or find a lover. As expected she gives the best advice for relationships and romance.

After Ragnarok, Freyja will live on as the last remaining god.

-----------------

Not one of the Disney servants I had planned, but they're still in the works. This is my 3rd god and probably the last (if no one does The Morrigan at least). Comments are nice.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 27th, 2016 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Feedback

Blog Entries
    Hmm. I can't help but feel you took more then a little inspiration from my own Freyja sheet here. Not that I mind, since Freyja was never one of my favorite Servants or anything. If you can use my slightly crappy sheet to make something worthwhile then that's fine by me. But it's definitely noticeable.

Though, yours is a lot more powerful. I went with more like a "Caster in Rider's clothing" whereas you went full-out with the 'warrior-women, leader of the Valkyries' aspect of her legend, with three (four, counting NP) stats over A and rank A Magic Resistance, she'd certainly be a scary foe to face.

Is there a reason Primordial Rune has no rank? The only person who had it (I think) is Brynhilde from Prototype so maybe hers didn't have a rank either? First two NPs are pretty much the same as the ones I gave Freya, though I used the Cloak Of Feathers as a third NP while you used cat chariot (which is awesome). I think Brisingamen has a crazily high rank given its stated effects (charm + Luck boost) though. My take on Brisingamen which was more-or-less the same had its rank as C.

By the way, do you have any feedback on my Abe No Seimei sheet a page back?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hmm. I can't help but feel you took more then a little inspiration from my own Freyja sheet here. Not that I mind, since Freyja was never one of my favorite Servants or anything. If you can use my slightly crappy sheet to make something worthwhile then that's fine by me. But it's definitely noticeable.

Though, yours is a lot more powerful. I went with more like a "Caster in Rider's clothing" whereas you went full-out with the 'warrior-women, leader of the Valkyries' aspect of her legend, with three (four, counting NP) stats over A and rank A Magic Resistance, she'd certainly be a scary foe to face.

Is there a reason Primordial Rune has no rank? The only person who had it (I think) is Brynhilde from Prototype so maybe hers didn't have a rank either? First two NPs are pretty much the same as the ones I gave Freya, though I used the Cloak Of Feathers as a third NP while you used cat chariot (which is awesome). I think Brisingamen has a crazily high rank given its stated effects (charm + Luck boost) though. My take on Brisingamen which was more-or-less the same had its rank as C.

By the way, do you have any feedback on my Abe No Seimei sheet a page back?
    Fair commentary. For the personality, I admit it's similar but I looked across basically every media portrayal and they all had similar results. I couldn't ditch her feminine side, but I brought up the warrior aspect as much as possible.

I was looking to make her mid boss tier, on a similar level of Iskander and Heracles so she was originally going to have four Noble Phantasms with the cloak but I remembered that Medea had the 'Argonian Coin' or something like that and turned it into a skill. Brisingamen, fair, I'll lower it to C. Hildisvini (summon angry animal as a minion) was a Phantasm she shared between two servants ideas I've temporarily scrapped. I kept it around of Freyja as I liked her by far the most out of the three. As for Vogner av Raseri I'm surprised there's little mention of it in legend.

As for Primordial Rune, Brynhildr and Scathach both had it at (-) so I stayed the same.

---------------

As for Abe No Seimei, I'm getting lots of Solomon/Gilgamesh vibes from his personality and he seems to be a bit of an eastern version of Solomon in general. Considering how powerful he is, I don't think that Star Of Seimei is necessary as a Noble Phantasm. And considering he already has Onmyodo I don't think he needs High-Speed Incantation as he already has a magecraft based skill (this was a problem I had with Faust).

For Tentai No Kiritsu he basically drops in image of planets on you? Seems like something that a certain Crimson Moon would do...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Hakuro Since I missed your Saber earlier, here are my thoughts on her.

Her endurance stat is too low. Even if you have a weaker Saber, Strength and Endurance shouldn't be lower than C. Nero had lower and only qualified due to Imperial Privilege.

For the Noble Phantasms, I like
    Nanatsusaya no Tachi for the Space/Time manipulation and squishing time together is a unique ability I haven't seen yet. That and the fact that it's a frickin Chainsaw Katana. and Yamataikoku is basically if Double Summon was a Noble Phantasm since apparently the three knight classes and Ruler class can't utilise it for some reason or another. As a barrier, does it just like a field of energy or does it have any asthetic looks to it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    As for Abe No Seimei, I'm getting lots of Solomon/Gilgamesh vibes from his personality and he seems to be a bit of an eastern version of Solomon in general. Considering how powerful he is, I don't think that Star Of Seimei is necessary as a Noble Phantasm. And considering he already has Onmyodo I don't think he needs High-Speed Incantation as he already has a magecraft based skill (this was a problem I had with Faust).

For Tentai No Kiritsu he basically drops in image of planets on you? Seems like something that a certain Crimson Moon would do...
    Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, he was definitely patterned off of Sol/Gil, both in terms of personality and general 'OP final boss' potential. Star Of Seimei is probably not necessary but I thought it was worth including anyway given that's a very prominent symbol associated with him, and that Tentai No Kiritsu likely won't come into play until the very end of the War. Fair point about High-Speed Incantation, but I wanted a Skill that references Ofuda in some way and thought Onymodo included enough as is.

Also, he doesn't 'drop' planets on you. What he can do though is bring them close enough to wreak gravitational havoc with Earth.

Blog Entries
    So, I'm in the middle of writing up a Tomoe Gozen sheet as of now but I can't think of any suitably cool names for her Noble Phantasms. It's hard to come up with cool sounding Japanese names that aren't just 'x no y' while Tomoe doesn't have any named weapons or anything that'd make it easier for me.

Can anybody think of cool names (preferably in Japanese, even better if it's tied somehow to Tomoe's own legend) for (No.1) a combination fold-out Naginata/bow/sword (based off how different legends record her using either a sword, Naginata or bow in battle) and (No.2) a Tsubame Gaeshi-like technique involving seven different decapitating attacks in quick succession (based off when she supposedly took off the heads of seven mounted warriors at the Battle Of Yokotagawara)?

I'd majorly appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Maybe they'll do a Tomoe Gozen in the Ibaraki event next week. Then you can just rip the NPs off from that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Maybe they'll do a Tomoe Gozen in the Ibaraki event next week. Then you can just rip the NPs off from that.
    I just need names though. I've already gotten down ideas for her NPs themselves.

Blog Entries
    Then you can just rip the NP names off from that.

Blog Entries
    Then you can just rip the NP names off from that.
    Nevermind. I'll come up with the names myself, unless Hermes or ZSB happen to drop on by (since I can always count on them for good advice).

Blog Entries
    You could go with 最後のいくさしてみせ奉らん, which is what she apparently kept saying to herself over and over when she was ordered to abandon the battlefield after Yoshinaka was mortally wounded, but she couldn't bring herself to do it without showing her lord one more good fight. And then she beheaded an enemy general famous for being super strong and rode off into the sunset.

Blog Entries
    You could go with 最後のいくさしてみせ奉らん, which is what she apparently kept saying to herself over and over when she was ordered to abandon the battlefield after Yoshinaka was mortally wounded, but she couldn't bring herself to do it without showing her lord one more good fight. And then she beheaded an enemy general famous for being super strong and rode off into the sunset.
    ...Thanks, but putting that into Google Translate gets me
    colorless green ideas sleep furiously
    "worshipped does show by the end of the sword"
    which I take it is not exactly what you meant. Mind translating that for me?