Page 752 of 782 FirstFirst ... 252652702742747750751752753754757762 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,040 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Well, we're talking about souls here and I think if anyone could snatch up someone's soul from the Throne, it'd be the devil.

- - - Updated - - -

No joke, why are you apparently so dead-set against reading my sheet? It's not that long.

Also, I unironically like this new posting habit of yours. Is Medb hijacking your account by any chance?

- - - Updated - - -

Could've sworn I saw it written somewhere as 'Die Freischutz' but you seem to be right (and more knowledgeable of German pronouns then me, who didn't even know that 'Die' was feminine). Thanks. Now to go back and correct it!
    Does the Devil even exist in Nasu? And if he does, wouldn't he just be some punk Divine Spirit/Elemental or maybe a Demon if that's how they work, but I don't think he'd be powerful enough to alter the records of all the great people in history outside of time.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    No joke, why are you apparently so dead-set against reading my sheet? It's not that long.
    because i'm reading a manual on how to dissemble my bike so i can clean it.

-------------------------------------------------|
    dissassemble my chariot while you're at it! |
    -------------------------------------------------|
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Anyways...

Der Frëischutz (I'm going to call him Max from now since it's shorter and doesn't trigger autocorrect) looks like an archetypical Archer; average stats but extremely powerful Noble Phantasms. I'm wondering: could Max Broken Phantasm Zamiel to throw it away? Or do what Diarmuid do with Gae Buidhe? That NP is pretty much a non-factor unless his Master is a massive dick, so he could just toss it and lie to his Master about only having six bullets ("since the Seventh belonged to the Devil, it is not truly my Noble Phantasm and as such has not been brought with me" or some other bullshit).

Also, could Max BP his first six bullets? Overcharge them with Mana like what EMIYA did with his sword-arrows? Would that increase the Mana capacity for each effect or would it just turn them into big bombs?

What does he use for regular, non-NP attacks? Regular bullets? Does he need to go to the gun shop after every fight for more ammo or can he make more bullets like how Arash in Fragments could make arrows out of mana?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Anyways...

Der Frëischutz (I'm going to call him Max from now since it's shorter and doesn't trigger autocorrect) looks like an archetypical Archer; average stats but extremely powerful Noble Phantasms. I'm wondering: could Max Broken Phantasm Zamiel to throw it away? Or do what Diarmuid do with Gae Buidhe? That NP is pretty much a non-factor unless his Master is a massive dick, so he could just toss it and lie to his Master about only having six bullets ("since the Seventh belonged to the Devil, it is not truly my Noble Phantasm and as such has not been brought with me" or some other bullshit).

Also, could Max BP his first six bullets? Overcharge them with Mana like what EMIYA did with his sword-arrows? Would that increase the Mana capacity for each effect or would it just turn them into big bombs?

What does he use for regular, non-NP attacks? Regular bullets? Does he need to go to the gun shop after every fight for more ammo or can he make more bullets like how Arash in Fragments could make arrows out of mana?
    Whether or not he'd be able to Break Zamiel, he wouldn't get out of its effects. There's no way to invoke it without bringing in old Nick as well. Since I never read Zero, I'm not sure what you mean with the Diarmuid comparison honestly. Do you mean hiding it from his Master? For one thing, they could still see it on his stat sheet...

I don't overcharging would work for the earlier bullets either. The way the bullets work already (releasing all pent-up Mana to actualize a given effect at the cost of destroying the bullet in question) already is like that of a Broken Phantasm, so I don't see how 'Breaking' them is going to make a difference. I guess he could add his own Mana to that of the bullet, but his Mana supply his low enough I can't see that even make much of a difference in terms of output.

For his regular attacks, he uses his hunting rifle and regular (non-magical) bullets. I don't imagine he has to worry about ammo though, so I guess you could imagine it as being something like Arash (or just all-purpose Hammer Space). May add something about that to the sheet under Equipment.

Thanks for the feedback!

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, did anybody notice the little joke I snuck in Der Fruischetz's sheet? It's under his third NP...

Blog Entries
    Oh, you don't know about Diarmuid? Let's just say that:

Spoiler:
    You can break your own Noble Phantasm and remove all of its effects on other people without invoking its name and without making a giant explosion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructman View Post
    Oh, you don't know about Diarmuid? Let's just say that:

Spoiler:
    You can break your own Noble Phantasm and remove all of its effects on other people without invoking its name and without making a giant explosion.
    Oh, I heard of that, I just didn't put it together with what you were saying. I admit not to have thought of that at all while making his sheet. I'd say he probably couldn't break Zamiel just for the reasons you gave (if he could, he almost assuredly would do so right away and then we'd have no drama of whether or not he'll be forced to use it). You could easily justify it too by saying that since it belonged to the Devil it's not truly 'his' and so it's not his authority to break it, or something to that nature. I guess he could still chuck it to the bottom of a river or something to more-or-less the same effect, though...

Blog Entries
    Assassin
    The Alder King

Class: Assassin
    • Alternate Classes: Caster

Place of Origin: Germany
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    faceclaim

Parameters:
    Strength: -
    Endurance: E
    Agility: A
    Magic: C
    Luck: A+
    Noble Phantasm: B

Skills
    Class Skills:
    • Presence Concealment -
      This skill has been canceled, it's effects replaced by Assassin's Noble Phantasm.

Personal Skills:
    • Ghostly Presence -
      A skill for Servants with a non-corporeal nature. Assassin in his legend existed as an ghostly presence - perhaps he was truly a fell spirit, perhaps he was naught but a sick child's hallucination - but it is known that he never physically appears. Assassin is locked into a state similar to a normal Servant's Spiritual Form; he cannot interact with the outside world outside of his Noble Phantasms. As such, his Strength parameter has been nulled as it has become meaningless.
    • Charisma E
      Rather than charm individuals, it strikes them with terror. However, despite - or perhaps because - of their fear, those affected will still be compelled to follow. In Assassin's case, this skill results in a "Enticing Nightmare" against whom no one could object.
    • Frenzy of Spirits D
      At his discretion, Assassin can call upon the spirits of the earth to mentally interfere with opponents, reducing their Strength and Agility. Because of the low rank of this skill, it will appear to be simply be an unborn ability Assassin uses to make himself look scarier; only the sharpest of minds will be able to discern its true nature.

Equipment:
    • A crown and cape that he wears upon his person. Only visible to his targets.

Noble Phantasm:
    Spoiler:
    Siehst, Vater, du den Erlkönig nicht?: 'tis Mist Rising over the Plain (Anti-Unit Self, C)
    Assassin is permanently invisible and nigh-undetectable to all except the target of his... Affections. In addition, his voice can only be heard by those he chooses. His Master would be able to hear his voice and would know where he is at all times, but only his prey will be able to comprehend his true form. To others, his presence will be marked by eerie but mundane phenomena: fog, wind, the distortion of nearby flora, etc. Additionally, even if others are aware of his presence, they will be unable to see his stat sheet. Those with the skills Presence Detection, Instinct, and Clairvoyance will be able to tell that there is something amiss.

Und bist du nicht willig, so brauch' ich Gewalt: For sorely the Erl-King has hurt you at last! (Anti-Unit, B)
    A draining attack that directly targets the victim's prana. The outward symptoms of it will be an intense, usually fatal fever, while on the inside, the target will rapidly feel themselves losing energy and life. It can be said to be comparable to "sucking the target's soul out of their body", as if the target sufficiently resists, they will not instantly die but rather find their consciousness ejected from their physical form. However, in this state they are even more vulnerable to Assassin's assault, as he will now be able to "physically" interact with them. He can either spiritually bind them for his own amusement or devour their prana for an energy boost. The downside to this attack is that the victim will become aware of both his presence and his true form; any pretense of stealth will vanish once this Noble Phantasm has been invoked. To others, it will appear that a mysterious fog is wrapping around the victim.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    Assassin is the Erlking, a malevolent spirit acting as a force of death, who seeks to seduce but ends up terrifying children before snatching their souls away. This particular version of him was drawn from Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's poem Der Erlkönig. Other versions of him legend have his legend as the King of the Elves, the leader of the Wild Hunt, or even as the father of a spirit who seeks to curry favor with men, while striking down those who spurn her advances.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Assassin is selfish and cuel, only caring for his own wants. He only seems interested in finding individuals and objects that he likes and "bringing them to his realm". He will view his Master as a partner-in-crime at best and an annoyance at worst; while he will not betray them unless they are exceptionally beautiful, he will not obey any direct orders that do not help to facilitate his own agenda. As for how others react to him, accounts vary. Some believe that he does not intend to scare his targets to the extent that he does; others claim that he is aware of the nightmares that he causes and revels in them.

His wish to the Holy Grail would be to bring the realm described in Goethe's poem into the "real world. With that done, he intends to build a kingdom for himself whole snatching whatever and whoever he pleases.

Miscellaneous:
    Spoiler:
    Likes: children and beautiful things (in a very, very bad way)
    Dislikes: nothing in particular
    Talents: scaring people
    Natural Enemy: None
    Catalyst: A copy of the poem Der Erlkönig. The highest quality catalyst would be a first edition copy of Franz Schubert's lied with this poem as the text.
    Notes: if summoned in another class, he will take a physical form as a stereotypical Elf King. However, he is limited to the form of a spectral spectre as an Assassin.
    Last edited by Constructman; June 14th, 2016 at 11:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Well, that's a creepy as fuck Servant. When I saw the FC I thought you might be going for a more traditional 'fairy king' (like you mention he'd be other Classes) but this is far more interesting. I wasn't sure what to think about his null Strength parameter but it made total sense when I saw his Ghostly Presence Skill. He sounds like a very unconventional Servant, who others probably wouldn't even be aware of for most of the War. Imagine if Kirei had gotten him in the Fifth War instead of Thousand Faced Hassan! *shudders*

Nothing much I can think of to critique, although for some reason his Class, while given as Assassin in the giant bold text at the top, is given as Caster in the actual Class section. I presume you meant Assassin given the Class Skill and the fact that he has Caster as his alternate Class as well, though.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Alder King... seems pretty baller to me. Fills the obligatory role of creepy freak in the war like Gilles or the Pale Rider. Very unconventional, I like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    The Alder King... seems pretty baller to me. Fills the obligatory role of creepy freak in the war like Gilles or the Pale Rider. Very unconventional, I like.
    Since you missed it on the previous page, mind saying what you think on my 'Der Freischutz' sheet?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Class: Caster
    True Name: Echidna
    Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Place of Origin: Greece

Strength- A
    Endurance- C
    Agility- A+
    Mana- A
    Luck- B
    NP- EX

Height/Weight: Variable
    Dislikes: Diminishment of power
    Talent: Raising Children
    Natural Enemy: The combined might of great heroes

Class Skills:
    • Territory Creation (B) - Creation of a "Nest" equal to a Temple becomes possible.
    • Item Construction (-) - Due to the user's Noble Phantasm, this skill has been made redundant.

Personal Skills:
    • Blood-Sucking (B) - The act of absorbing another's blood to replenish their own health and physical strength. As the Rank raises, the power of absorption increase. The act of sucking blood. Additionally, this may apply the detrimental status effect of Seduction (Chaos). It has a low chance of being applied and affects both men and women.
    • Divinity (E-) - The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not She is a child of Gaia and Tartarus. Although she has embraced her role as a monster, she maintains her divine heritage despite the fact it has been reduced to its lowest possible rank.
    • Monstrous Strength (A+) - An ability possessed by monsters and beasts, temporary boost of the Strength parameter. At this rank, the boost is permanent.
    • Pontia Theron: Conception of all Animals (A) - A skill that give the user the authority of the Earth Mother. Here, no monstrous beings are capable of defying her authority.

Noble Phantasm

I mitéra tis Ktíni Mistress of Monsters (Anti-Unit) (EX) - Echidna's Noble Phantasm is her entire being. She exists as an aspect of the will of The Planet, Gaia, and the crystallisation of the authority "Give birth to monsters to restrain humanity." Her body is a Reality Marble capable of producing Phantasmal Beasts and Monsters. She is capable of asexual reproduction without requiring a mate to reproduce monsters that she birthed in Greek Mythology such as the Chimera, the Nemean Lion, the Hydra or even the Cerberus and Colchian Dragon. Each one possess the "Anti-Human" trait.

However by obtaining genetic information and mana of other organisms she is capable of creating organisms with inherited traits with significantly greater power. These creatures are incredibly powerful. They can be spawned in a matter of hours of conception and her more powerful her mate is, the more powerful the monster spawned. One spawned from a regular human will be more powerful than any modern humans. One spawned from a magus, especially a powerful one from a long lineage will be very powerful will possess exceptional magical prowess and have the power to combat a servant. One spawned from a servant will require multiple servants to combat it in order to stand a chance.

She is capable of adjusting her physiology to match any mate, regardless of any restrains such as gender. Additionally Echidna is capable of transmuting any weakened organism she touches into a hideous abomination. Although they may gain new physical changes such as wings, fangs, multiple arms, venom sacks, etc, their power and authority will not change.

Lore

Spawned from the original earth goddess and an aspect of the will of the planet. Half Nymph, half serpent. Echidna was the mate of the Divine Beast Typhon, and known primarily for being the mother of monsters, including many of the most famous monsters of Greek myth. When she and her mate attacked the Olympians, Zeus beat them back and punished Typhon by sealing him under Mount Etna. However, Zeus allowed Echidna and her children to live as a challenge to future heroes. Her more notable children include the Cerberus, the Chimera, the Sphinx, the Nemean Lion, the Hydra, and Orthrus the two-headed dog. Undying and immortal, she could not be killed by any heroes of the time so the goddess Hera sent a hundred eyed giant to kill her in her sleep. Although her physical body was destroyed, her will has lived on within the planet, providing constant adversity for humanity.

She is a very sweet and loving mother who pampers all of her children, she is very kind and physical with her affection. However to those who she does not love, she is extremely violent. She desires a powerful mate to replace Typhon and sire offspring from but will settle for anyone regardless of gender, as that is not an obstacle for her reproduction - typically sprouting humanoid legs, reducing the size of her tail and altering her genitals in order to breed. She will take interest in those who are "Strong" in either magical or physical power, especially if they are monstrous in nature or have opposed humanity in a way. Prime candidates would include the likes of Heracles, Siegfried and Medusa but the chances of normal humans surviving the experience non-existent.

She wishes to renew the Age of Gods but in her own way. Knowing now humanity has dwindled in nature, she desires a mass exodus where only the few worthy of strength would survive. She holds no ill intent but they are considered inconsequential striplings to her by comparison.

----------------------------------------------------

So I was looking back on my Yamata-no-Orichi sheets and was wondering who could top him in power levels. Then I remembered the Mother of Monsters was a thing. And I haven't made any overpowered Casters. So viola.

Comments are nice.

Blog Entries
    Well, she's powerful. I wonder, can the Caster Class even have stats that high normally? I thought the Class was inherently squishy and even a powerhouse hero would be nerfed just by being put it in it. But then again, there have been exceptions like Babbage and Geronimo. I like how you included the Potnia Theron Skill that BB had, only obviously more limited to not be totally game-breaking. Though when you say 'no monstrous beings can defy her authority' does that apply to Heroic Spirits with monstrous blood like Medusa?

Either way, she sounds very powerful, though I'd hesitate to be the Master that summons her... Death by snoo snoo, anyone?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Since i missed Der Freischutz: Covenant Of The Dark Huntsman is a good skill though frankly the name alone is enough for me to like it. Everything else seems solid apart from one thing really. The Zamiel Noble Phantasm, I'd be ok with instant death or something but erasure from the Throne of Heroes? Seems a little much in my opinion.

As for your thoughts on Echidna, considering Heracles alongside countless other heroes tried and failed to kill her this is one of the only times I would allow a Caster such high physical stats. As for the authority deal - no full blooded monsters (ie Orochi) can disobey her. Those like Medusa would just feel a very strong compulsion. As for 'Death by snoo snoo'... kinda. I wasn't sure to have it like what happens to bees (in this case a lethal localised mana explosion) or like black widow spiders (straight up cannibalism) so I took the easy route and made it ambiguous.

- - - Updated - - -

Also on the subject of monsters - they're fun to make. Kinda surprised you haven't tried to do one yet Royd. Imagine... One of the heads of Yamata-no-Orochi... Manifesting as a cute dragon-girl...

You know you want to. Give in to the dark side.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bird of Hermes View Post
    Also on the subject of monsters - they're fun to make. Kinda surprised you haven't tried to do one yet Royd. Imagine... One of the heads of Yamata-no-Orochi... Manifesting as a cute dragon-girl...

You know you want to. Give in to the dark side.
    I already have with my Monster- Fenris sheet, actually. As for Orochi, your own take on him is pretty good, I dunno if I could come up with something more interesting.

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Archer
    Theme

True Name- Drona

Alignment- Lawful Neutral

Place of Origin- India

Likes- Arjuna, His Family, Karna, Bhishma, The Pandavas

Dislikes- Tricks that go against Dharma, Drupada, Liars

Faceclaim

Stats-

Strength- B

Endurance- C

Agility-B

Mana- A

Luck- E

Noble Phantasm- EX

Class Skills-

Magic Resistance- C

Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Independent Action- A

It is possible to take action even without a Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great magical energy consumption, backup from the Master is necessary.

Perso
    nal Skills-

Divinity- A

The Avatar of Brihaspati and son of an Apsara

Military Tactics- A

Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Bonus modifiers are provided during use of one's own Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when dealing against an enemy Anti-Army Noble Phantasm. At this Rank, Archer gains a bonus to damage when fighting more than one opponent or while fighting with an ally.

Wisdom of the Guru- A++

With exception of those particular of certain heroes, almost all Skills can be displayed with a proficiency level of A~A+ Rank. Also, only towards those he has recognized as Princes, it is also possible to teach such Skills. During combat, a Skill that he often uses to enhance his arrows and create weapons out of blades of grass is Mana Burst (Flames)- A.

Noble Phan
    tasms-

The Sage's Gift
    Brahmanda Astra- A+

Anti-Country, Anti-Divine

Much like Karna's Brahmastra Kundala,
    it is a projectile that is granted his fiery attribute, Mana Burst (Flames), which from one blow is likened to a nuclear weapon. It will appear as an Arrow under the Archer class.
    As recorded in Hindu puranas, when this weapon is invoked it will cause " the oceans to boil due to its heat and earth and mountains will float on the air and everything will burn without even leaving ashes". Because of its destructive power, Archer will never activate it unless he is forced to against a power enemy, or by command seal.

Submission, or Death
    Narayanastra- EX

Anti-Unit - Anti-World

By using the Second Magic, Archer is able to use this Noble Phantasm. Much like Sasaki Kojiro's Tsubami Gaeshi, he can attack many times simultaneously. However, instead of just three strikes, Archer is able to fire millions, upon millions, of flame enhanced arrows. The maximum number of targets is theoretically infinite should Archer be granted enough mana. The only way to counter this Noble Phantasm would be one of equal power (Anti-World). And the only way to block this Noble Phantasm is to have a defense that can withstand an Anti-World attack. However, should the target(s) lay down their weapons and submit, the arrows will weaken to the point of being an E- rank attack. However, this also works in the other direction. Should the target continue to show resistance such as try to fight back or not surrendering, the Noble Phantasm will gain enough power to destroy worlds. This is why something that is able to withstand Anti-World Noble Phantasms is needed to defend against this attack.

Personality
    Drona is far more likely to act as a teacher during the Grail War, rather than a competitor. He will try to teach the other Servants to follow whats right and to maintain Dharma. He will also try to show those who are Anti-Heroes the right path. Because of this, he is very unlikely to actually give it his all, or try to kill any of the other servants. This is because he believes it would be a tragedy for great heroes to be forced to die. He will never use extreme force unless faced with a truly evil opponent, or an opponent that is to powerful for him to take lightly. Of course his ideology of not killing unless absolutely necessary is likely to cause trouble for others.
    Last edited by ZSB1999; June 27th, 2016 at 02:50 PM.

Maybe He's Born With It, Maybe It's Maybelline Erlking's Avatar
    I very much approve of the Alder King sheet, I like the idea of a servant that can't physically interact with things, and more importantly I always like seeing an assassin that really lives up to the stealthy part of the class.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nice to see Drona!

The Noble Phantasms were ones that I gave to Bhushma and Parashursma respectively do naturally there are similarities. Brahmanda Astra is capable of killing Gods, so add Anti-divine to that. Other than that our interpretations were similar except mine has more power and yours has a far greater range.

As for Naryanastra, it was said to be the ultimate weapon to face armies so I gave it the Anti-army ranking instead and kept the EX ranking as it justifies the power. What's funny is that Drona has it as arrows and I gave Parashurama it as fists of wind from excessive punching. (Parashursma actually had many weapons of similar power, one of which was capable of destroying the universe is seconds, so I gave him a class where he could only use one for balance).

Wisdom of of the Guru skill is one we've seen under different names but it works though to make it stand out I would give it A++ rank so he could give skills at A - A+ rank which would be nice and overly powered. Military Tactics is the one time I won't class it being higher than B. All in all, pretty good.

Any thoughts on Echidna at all?

JP Friend Code
    623,953,145/ZSB
    Blog Entries
    Was Brahmanda Astra also capable of killing gods? I thought it was just able to counter all Astras (And destroying the Universe). Also I just based Brahmanda Astra off of Karnas Brahmastra (Because it was a weapon that both of them could use). I thought that I could just put Brahmashira Astra = Prana Burst (Flames) instead of giving him another powerful NP.

EDIT

And for military tactics, should I put it at B rank, or keep it at A?

As for Echidna, she seems extremely powerful for a caster. But then again it is Echidna so... I guess it's okay. Her noble phantasm reminds me a lot of Nrvnqsr, and she seems to share a lot in common with him.
    Last edited by ZSB1999; June 15th, 2016 at 06:56 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Never mind, I got it mixed up with brahmashira Astra, despite the similar name the two are different.

- - - Updated - - -

As for military tactics I'm fine with it at A

Blog Entries
    Can anybody think of a cool Noble Phantasm based off the 'Last Roman' accolade? I'm trying to come up with one for an Archer Belisarius sheet that it's in the works, but I can't think of much more then a beam-arrow infused with all the might of the Roman Empire across history ('the dying light of Rome'), which is both rather generic and almost identical in terms of appearance to an NP I gave Squanto ages ago. Other then that I thought of maybe summoning past Roman heroes/weapons to use as his own but that doesn't seem quite right either.

Any ideas? Preferably something powerful, given I imagine it'd be a trump card of sorts, and if you can invoke the imagery of 'the dying light of Rome' in an interesting way, all the better.