Page 86 of 782 FirstFirst ... 36768184858687889196136186586 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    And hipsters suck, so thanks for proving my point.
    Says the MPII fan. :P
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    MPII isn't hipster anymore. It has like... six readers, at least. Thus, I'm not a hipster either.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's the most popular all-OC story on BL :V
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Hey now, it has two canon characters. Out of... hey, Five, how many characters does MPII have?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, you know what I mean. OC-focussed.

I'd still call Untouchable all-OC even though I planned and already did cameos.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Hey now, it has two canon characters. Out of... hey, Five, how many characters does MPII have?
    Hmmm... at least sixty, all told, but many of those don't get much dialogue at all. There's at least eleven main characters, though.

And the canon characters it has are Cuchulain (who gets a bit of fun, but not much) and Gilgamesh (who, while he's not so hot initially, gets some of the best scenes in the story later).

Now, comment on Alexander Nevsky!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    He makes things colder. I don't like the cold. =.=
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Blog Entries
    Hmmm... at least sixty, all told, but many of those don't get much dialogue at all. There's at least eleven main characters, though.

And the canon characters it has are Cuchulain (who gets a bit of fun, but not much) and Gilgamesh (who, while he's not so hot initially, gets some of the best scenes in the story later).
    And Herakles. Guess that's 3.

TL:DR

I kid. The first NP is cool. Pun partially intended. The second, not so interesting.

Blog Entries
    I partly wanted to make him because the Battle of the Ice was so goddamn metal it hurts.

And yes, Hercules is in MPII as well. Though, he doesn't do much overall and meets an expected but rather pitiful end.

Blog Entries
    Now do Zhukov :3c
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    And yes, Hercules is in MPII as well. Though, he doesn't do much overall and meets an expected but rather pitiful end.
    Yes, to a wanked Napoleon, no less.

Blog Entries
    Yes, to a wanked Napoleon, no less.
    Not a wanked Napoleon; merely Napoleon as he is. :P

Of course, part of why Nappy's so damned tough is because he got summoned by a magus who also happens to be stupidly powerful, but that's something else entirely.

^^ But Leo, he'd be boring, what with no NP, E-rank stats and only a couple skills!

Blog Entries
    Not a wanked Napoleon; merely Napoleon as he is. :P
    "Napoleon as he is" is wanked, yo.

Of course, part of why Nappy's so damned tough is because he got summoned by a magus who also happens to be stupidly powerful, but that's something else entirely.
    I don't think having an awesome Master makes your NPs magically capable of easily shaving off 11 Herakles lives.

Blog Entries
    I don't think having an awesome Master makes your NPs magically capable of easily shaving off 11 Herakles lives.
    It does when your Master has AoG magecraft, lol. Plus, it was actually nine or ten lives that got taken down there. Caesarko killed Herc once, and it's definitely possible that Aeneas or Hector did him in maybe once each.

And Overture as it is basically forms a perfect counter to Herc. It was really a case of Hercules being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Blog Entries
    I still think Overture is too highly ranked. Honestly, cannons, reaching A++ rank? lolwut. It's basically the same rank as GoB, and GoB shoots Noble Phantasms, man. Old as fuck, awesome NPs.

Wank, yo.

Blog Entries
    Napoleon's stuff is only powerful because he has ridiculously high-ranked Cult of Personality. He collected cannons, and by his own force of will and determination made them super powerful and stuff.

The only thing he has that isn't augmented by CoP is the Rosetta Stone, and that's because the thing is already really old and has ancient spells cast on it.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a fully typed up explanation for what Cult of Personality does specifically? I don't remember it being in the wiseup thread.

Blog Entries
    Do you have a fully typed up explanation for what Cult of Personality does specifically? I don't remember it being in the wiseup thread.
    I probably have one deep in the MPII or Wiseup! thread, but here's an effective explanation of the gist of it:

The Cult of Personality arises when a person devotes a significant amount of time creating false legends, mysteries and ideas about oneself. A simple example, relating to Napoleon and being only one of the things he did, is the depiction of him gloriously crossing the Alps on a rich and noble horse, cape waving in the wind. In reality, he crossed the Alps in miserable, driving snow on a mule. However, many of these creations of his have been accepted as truth, distorting the perspective of Napoleon even in the face of factual information.

A Cult of Personality effectively makes up for lack of age and mystery by falsely creating it and popularizing it, making it accepted truth even though it is not so. Napoleon could have said that he wrestled a bear, and then commissioned paintings and made banquets about this, to distort the truth and create a fake legend that "Napoleon once wrestled a bear and won." Though this never happened, it is made truth in his "legend" as a Heroic Spirit.

The crux of this, though, is fame: if a Heroic Spirit is not famous, then they will have no one to believe the fictional legends they're propagating, which in turn makes their attempts to create a Cult of Personality fail. An obscure Heroic Spirit cannot use Cult of Personality to achieve power; only through fame and widespread knowledge of their so-called "feats" can Cult of Personality have any major effect. This differs from actual heroic legends in that it is not people telling tales about the hero; it is the figure themselves weaving these stories, not actually doing the deeds but convincing people that they, in fact, did.

Cult of Personality is also superseded by age: the older a Heroic Spirit is, the more likely they are to have people other than them extrapolating off of their supposed story, making it so that what they made up is covered away by legends and the like, forming the basis for a more usual hero as seen in legends. Those older heroes have enough mystery that what they did is true, and they also lived in a time where such feats were possible. Napoleon, and younger heroes like him, live in a more modern era where miraculous deeds are nearly impossible in the same sense as during the Age of Gods, and thus the only way recent heroes can match is by creating a Cult of Personality. Napoleon is merely one who took it especially far, dedicating a great deal of his life to creating legends about himself. Of course, this works both ways: the myth of Napoleon's height is also part of his Cult of Personality, through sheer infamy.

To put it into numbers, and though this is not too accurate, Cult of Personality could be said to add accumulated age and mystery to a heroic spirit:

E rank, then, could be something like 100 years of age.
    D rank could be 250 years.
    C rank could be 500 years, in this example.
    B rank could be 1000 years.
    A rank could be 2000 years, and...
    A+ rank could be 3500 years. I believe Napoleon possesses A+ rank.

Of course, a Heroic Spirit who is old and also made up tales about themselves will receive less bonuses from this, since a) they already have age and mystery, and b) there's no evidence necessarily that they made these tales; often, things are attributed to them, and this is considered an attribution to their legend rather than the creation of a Cult of Personality.

Creating a Cult of Personality, though, takes a lot of work, and it's very likely that ranks below C wouldn't even exist; at that point, you'd have to have one especially famous myth about you, like Blackbeard's own cult of terror - which is, itself, diluted in part from age and him actually doing many of the things he said he was doing.

The Heroic Spirits who would have the strongest aptitude for a Cult of Personality are Louis XIV of France ("The Sun King") and Napoleon Bonaparte.

Blog Entries
    Y'see, there's at least a good explanation for it. It's still heavily wanked because, holy shit, Napoleon, regardless of how awesome he painted himself to be in life, shouldn't be taking out even half of Herakles' lives, but at least it's more believable than before. Sorry, Fivers, but it's simply impossible to convince me that Napoleon is so effectively riding a fame boost that he himself created during his life that he's carrying A++ rank NP cannons around. Because even A rank is a really big deal. A+ is ludicrous. A++ is insane.

But it is your story, so I didn't linger around on it and say NO YOU CANNOT DO THAT NO(mainly because I think Sherrin called shenanigans first, and I decided to just let him handle it, tehe)! I will still think it's wanked though.

Blog Entries
    See, Spinach, it's Sherrin's job to drive Five crazy with random debating, we just watch and throw in a punch every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?