Page 605 of 782 FirstFirst ... 105505555595600603604605606607610615655705 ... LastLast
Results 12,081 to 12,100 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Didn't Hephaestus try to rape Athenas at some point?

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I remember that story too, although the version I read was bowdlerized a bit into Hephaestus just "chasing after" Athena and Erichthonius (now that's a mouthful!) getting formed from his snot hitting the earth as opposed to his... you know what. I think I must have misremembered that story as Hephaestus lusting after Hera instead (even for Greek mythology, trying to rape your own mother is pretty low).

Also does anyone have any commentary to make on the actual sheet itself, instead of just mythological tidbits (not that I've complaining or anything)?
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 27th, 2016 at 12:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Servant Archer:

True Name: William Tell

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Summoning Catalyst: his crossbow

Alternate Class: Assassin

Strength- B
    Agility- C+
    Endurance- C
    Mana- E
    Luck- B
    NP- A

Appearance:

Equipment: his crossbow and a pouch full of arrows.

Personality: A simple, rugged and down-to-earth man with a straightforward sense of justice. While not seeming especially intelligent, his honesty makes him remarkably hard to fool or manipulate. His nature is incompatible with the industrial mentality of the modern era, and he often pines for the valleys and mountains of his native Switzerland. Although humble, he refuses to bow his head to tyrants. He loves his family deeply and his only wish on the Holy Grail would be to be able to spend time with them again.

Dislikes: tyrants, industrial age
    Hobbies: archery, mountain-climbing
    Natural Enemy: Gessler

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (D)- can cancel Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance equivalent in degree to an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Independent Action (B)- The ability to remain in existence without receiving prana from one's Master. At B rank, he can remain in this world for two days without an established contract. Also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage to his spiritual core.

Personal Skills:

Eye Of The Mind (False) (C+)- Resistance to changes of visibility caused by visual interferences. Also called the sixth sense, or prescience; an innate talent to sense danger. At this rank, Archer is able to instinctively account for wind resistance and momentum while calculating his shots, giving him an uncanny accuracy.

Tyrant's Bane (B)- A unique Skill granted to those who opposed tyranny in life. When facing foes recognized as "tyrants", he gains an extra + modifier to all three physical stats.

Harmony (C)- Attack accuracy does not decrease no matter how many times the same technique is used against the same opponent. At this rank, the opponent will only very rarely be able to predict the attack before the moment of execution.

Disengage (D)- the ability to break away from battle. At this rank, the Servant can retreat from most battles with a fair chance of escaping. Also has the ability to return the battle to the last turn that was favorable for the Servant.

Noble Phantasms:

Dividing First Arrow
    - Splitting The Apple (C+, Anti-Unit): a Noble Phantasm born from Archer's supreme marksmanship, such that he split an apple precisely in half with but a single shot. Any arrow that Archer fires will, upon hitting the exact geometric center of the target, bypass all defensive attributes to split the target down the middle for a perfect one-hit-kill. It has nothing to do with structure to exploiting natural fault lines, rather simply applies the concept of "bisection" on the target directly.

Avenging Second Arrow- Cursed Arrow Of Vengeance (A+, Anti-Unit): the famous second arrow that Archer promised to use against the tyrant Gessler in case he had ended up shooting his son, and later assassinated him with after escaping from capture. A Noble Phantasm embodying the "curse of vengeance". When fired the arrow will persue the designated target endlessly, turning and making impossible motions through the air in doing so. Upon impacting the target, the arrow releases a large amount of prana in a sizable explosion, comparable to a modern high-payload bomb. Cannot be dodged, although it still can be blocked or intercepted. In addition, if the target commits what Archer considers to be an unforgivable crime against himself or his allies, this Noble Phantasm will be given a + modifier.

The Three Tells- Legacy Of Rebellion (B, Support): symbolic figures of the Swiss Peasant War of 1653. By dressing up and imitating the famed folk hero William Tell, they expressed the hope of the subject population to repeat the success story of the rebellion against Habsburg in the early 14th century. Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm's name, two exact replicas of Archer will appear, making three Tells in total. The replicas are superficially indistinguishable from the real Archer, although they possess no will of their own and are merely phantoms rather than true Heroic Spirits. They possess the equivalent of E ranked stats across the board and all it takes is a single powerful attack to dispel one of them. Skills like Instinct and Eye Of The Mind (True or False) can be used to discern which of the three is the real Archer. The clones will disappear immediately if Archer is killed or runs out of prana to sustain them.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; March 27th, 2016 at 12:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hello? Anybody here?

He seems a little strong for a hero whose story wasn't really that impressive or anything.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Hello? Anybody here?
    Create-a-Servant is a slow thread. Don't expect people to be all pver your sheets immediately after posting.

He seems too strong.
    Especialy Bravery:A and your 2nd NP which I don't think fits considering it's something that never happened.
    I don't really like the 3rd NP either
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Blog Entries
    I could consider lowering Bravery to B rank (in fact I was thinking of doing that anyway but I wanted to give him at least two A-ranked Skills). And what don't you like about Three Tells (I quite like the idea behind it, personally)?

Why does he need two A ranked skills?

Blog Entries
    He doesn't, really. I just wanted to provide a balance of different ranks because I thought just straight Bs would be monotonous looking (yes, I'm superficial like that). I'll probably change it though.

I could consider lowering Bravery to B rank (in fact I was thinking of doing that anyway but I wanted to give him at least two A-ranked Skills). And what don't you like about Three Tells (I quite like the idea behind it, personally)?
    Because I think you're massively overwanking him.
    The problem I have with the last NP is that it has nothing to do with him.
    And I wouldn't give him Bravery at all.
    Also what qualifies him for a higher rank in disengage than Cuchulainn?
    Or Eye of the Mind on the same level as Herakles?
    Aus Feuer ward der Geist geschaffen,
    drum schenkt mir süßes Feuer ein!
    Die Lust der Lieder und der Waffen,
    die Lust der Liebe schenkt mir ein,
    der Trauben süßes Sonnenblut,
    das Wunder glaubt und Wunder thut!

Blog Entries
    Update: nerfed Bravery to B rank and Disengage to C rank as well as re-ordering Skills to make them more aesthetically appealing overall.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elthanes View Post
    Because I think you're massively overwanking him.
    The problem I have with the last NP is that it has nothing to do with him.
    And I wouldn't give him Bravery at all.
    Also what qualifies him for a higher rank in disengage than Cuchulainn?
    Or Eye of the Mind on the same level as Herakles?
    Well, the Three Tells have to do with him in the sense that they're based off him. They still count as a part of his legend, even if it wasn't something he did in life. In the same way that Medusa had Pegasus because it was associated with her, even though Pegasus was only "born" after she'd already died. And I think Bravery is a fitting Skill for him, considering the mental fortitude it would take to keep calm and aim steady while aiming at an apple balanced on the head of your freaking son (which was a famous part of his legend). Eye Of The Mind is a fair point, might consider nerfing it to C rank (Disengage has already been nerfed). Also if you think Three Tells is bad as it is, my original idea was that the clones would have his own stats and Personal Skills just one rank down from the original, but I recognized that would be way too OP and just gave them straight Es instead. Thanks for the commentary though, I definitely appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

Eye Of The Mind (False) is now C rank.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 2nd, 2015 at 12:36 AM.

Blog Entries
    Well, what does qualify you for Bravery then? If staying calm while shooting an apple off your son's head with a crossbow bolt doesn't count then I don't know what does. Also Bravery and Eye Of The Mind are definitely quite distinct, Eye Of The Mind is specifically about compensating for visual interferences/obstructions while Bravery is about remaining calm and showing mental fortitude in extreme situations. They're certainly related (hard to analyze the environment if you're losing your shit after all) but not the same.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 2nd, 2015 at 12:47 AM.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The thing is, there are tons of heroes that did way crazier stuff calmly without gaining any ranks in Bravery. Cu Chulainn fought off armies worth of soldiers when nobody else was available, partially while a vengeful goddess is even setting traps to screw him over, for instance.

Really, I just wouldn't give it to someone unless their story deliberately goes out of its way to talk about how they are the bravest hero of the age. That's what Herk was. That's what Lu Bu was. They feared nothing, and their stories emphasize that a lot. Sure, this guy did something with a lot of personal things at stake to him, but that doesn't mean he feared nothing.

Either I'd just leave it at EotM or, if you must have something, come up with some other one-off skill. Bravery is cited as negating any kind of mental interference, and some completely human dude of rather modern times probably shouldn't have ways to negate a variety of supernatural mental stuff.

Blog Entries
    Lu Bu feared death a lot. A fairly big deal is made that he's one of the few 'heroes' of the age that would be willing to completely abandon his pride if it meant he lived.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Well, the Three Tells have to do with him in the sense that they're based off him. They still count as a part of his legend, even if it wasn't something he did in life. In the same way that Medusa had Pegasus because it was associated with her, even though Pegasus was only "born" after she'd already died.
    Medusa had Pegasus before she died.
    Euryale or Stheno ride it to piss her off.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Is that from HA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Lu Bu feared death a lot. A fairly big deal is made that he's one of the few 'heroes' of the age that would be willing to completely abandon his pride if it meant he lived.
    I'm pretty sure that Herk feared repeating his sins and all too. But the point was they feared nothing of substance because nothing could match them. Of course their stories always have things that they fear in the dramatic irony sense.

I swear Hector better have Bravery as a skill, but have some kind of caveat that it erodes if Achilles is anywhere around.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Is that from HA?
    yus
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.