Page 205 of 782 FirstFirst ... 105155195200203204205206207210215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SVNB Backup View Post
    She would have been Cu Chulainn's worst nightmare during the Fifth War, then. He wanders around looking for a fight and then POW, he's dead out of nowhere.

Could Protection from Arrows deflect Hrusangkali?
    bypassing any and all protection upon the Servant however mighty
    I would say not. It's even called Protection in the title of the skill. It strikes the spiritual core as a property. Not just "aims for the core", sounds more like it fires and you're dead buddy.

Blog Entries
    TBH it is teetering between OP and UP. I want this NP to be a counter for Battle Continuation EX (specifically the one Bhisma had, which grants him the ability to choose when to die), but i want it to also give Srikandi a fighting chance against non-Bhisma adversaries. I piled up 4 conditions of activation, yet i still get this little nagging feeling of overpowering it somewhere.

Also, Hrusangkali is not ranged Gae Bulge (Bhisma's Pashupatastra is). Srikandi still has to hit hir target first, but I think it's justified to say that Protection from Arrows will be nullified if hir target has it. So the mechanic will be like this: Srikandi makes an attack roll, and if it hits hir target makes a FortitudeEndurance roll to not die (or to die anyway if such target has less than 85% total HP left).

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Herakles is a special case, though, and he just has to pass his Herakles check.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    To be fair, monitoring another Servant for 3 hours sounds... reasonably difficult for anyone who isn't Assassin. I assume you'd have to summon her in that class and not Archer to succeed most times in that, and I'm not sure if this arrow of death is supposed to be available in the Assassin class, it doesn't really make it clear whether both NPs are available in both classes at the same strength.

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    She could always make the Master of the Servants fall in love with her.

Ally with a strong Servant, seduce their Master while you fight together, then hide behind that Servant until the end of the War. When you're the only two Servants left, you have the Master do the dirty work for you.
    That sounds perfectly like what this Caster was meant to do. Plots, schemes and dirty political tricks, forging alliances and betraying people, all for the sake of compensating her lack of strength.

Madame de Pompadour actually looks pretty interesting as a Servant. I could see her filling the same role as Shakespeare or Dumas, as a support Servant rather than a direct-combat one. Would she be able to seduce a Church supervisor, or a male Servant Ruler?
    Hmm, perhaps a Church supervisor? Maybe? On the Servants, it really depends on what sort of Servant they are...

Don Juan?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    To be fair, monitoring another Servant for 3 hours sounds... reasonably difficult for anyone who isn't Assassin. I assume you'd have to summon her in that class and not Archer to succeed most times in that, and I'm not sure if this arrow of death is supposed to be available in the Assassin class, it doesn't really make it clear whether both NPs are available in both classes at the same strength.
    Archers have incredibly powerful eyes. S/he could just sit on Fuyuki Tower and watch for a target to present itself.
    Last edited by SVNB Backup; January 7th, 2013 at 12:03 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Both NPs are available in all class at the same rank. For spying in Archer, it is of little concern. If you want to backtrack to Srikandi's profile, she can in fact swap spiritual signatures with her Master by way of NP so no real problems there (until the Master gets attacked, but that's what the Command Spell is for).

Archers have incredibly powerful eyes. S/he could just sit on Fuyuki Tower and watch for a target to present itself.
    There's also that, but it becomes moot if the target enters a building due to no X-RAY SIGHT. Also, her Clairvoyance level is not good, so the radius of that kind of remote survey is probably less than 2 km for ground-level spying. At best it will be a good initial perch before Srikandi will have to tail the enemy at a closer range.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; January 7th, 2013 at 11:15 AM.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Introduction

“I have returned,” Archer announced herself as she materialized inside the baroque bedroom, her body assembling from a myriad specks of black dust like iron sand. Her boots resounded loudly as they touched the wooden floor. Her appearance, covered in black garbs that did not reveal a single inch of skin, completely failed to match the overly ornate—pretentious, even—ambiance of the slightly dusty room.

Sprawled on the couch like a bored Cleopatra, the Master of Archer lazily waved in the direction of the black-clothed Servant. Unlike the Servant, the Master had abandoned any pretense of modesty, choosing instead to loaf on the coach in only a black tank-top and panties.

“Yes, yes, thank you for the hard work~”

In her life, Servant Archer mentally mused, she had been somewhat fond of cats. Her Master, Reiroukan Misaya, truly looked like a lazy black cat, aloof and uncaring, but her eyes never losing their predatory luster. They were beautiful eyes, Archer thought, belonging to a beautiful woman.

“I wanted to see if I could get along with a dangerous woman like you.”

That was the reason Misaya gave her, when she asked her why she had summoned her of all possibly figures in history and mythology. Misaya’s preconceptions…Archer doubted she was the strong woman Misaya had believed her to be.

“Ah, the two Riders’ true identities…”

“Yes, I saw, I saw,” Misaya interrupted, her lazy tone unchanging. “The Gorgon Medusa and Norse Goddess Freyja.”

Archer nodded, and Misaya’s lips perked in a smile of sheer amusement.

“Congratulations on killing Freyja, by the way,” she said. “It was a magnificent shot.”

“Ah…” Archer’s shoulders dropped a bit. “It was a lucky shot…”

“No, no,” Misaya would not take that crap. “You saw a chance and took it. Furthermore, your identity and the nature of your Noble Phantasm remain a secret. Excellent work, Archer.”

A quiet exhalation could be heard from behind the mask that concealed Archer’s face.

“I…was hoping Freyja would defeat Medusa, to be honest.”

“I guessed as much. Your Noble Phantasm only works against ‘true heroes’, after all.” Misaya’s eyes roamed up and down the length of Archer’s heavily garbed body in a way that made the Servant a little too conscious of herself. “More like, why are you standing there all stiff like that? Come closer, Archer.”

A sigh could be very clearly heard this time, but Archer acquiesced nonetheless.

“About Freyja’s Master…”

“Ah, it’s fine, it’s fine…” Misaya once more dismissed Archer’s words. “It’s good that you didn’t kill’er. That would just create bad blood, and I might as well keep the family out of trouble with the Edelfelts.” She chuckled. “It’s funnier to watch her run away with’er tail between her legs, anyway.” Adopting a more serene expression, Misaya allow her eyelids to close as she eased herself back on the comfort of the felt couch. “Getting away alive was more important. It got quite tough for a while there, didn’t it?”

“Ah, haa…”

Misaya’s left eye quickly opened, her iris sparkling with a hint of mischief.

“I was this close to just recalling you with a Command Spell, you know?”

Archer’s shoulders fully slumped down just as she sat on the couch’s armrest furthest from Misaya’s teasing smile.

“Leaving me to die would be the better choice, Master…”

“No, no, I’ll have none of that kind of whining,” the teasing young woman immediately declared, her left index wagging from side to side. “We’ll just have to be grateful to that little Berserker for getting in the way.”

Yes, Archer realized as well that she had survived that night because that strange Berserker with the bull skull helmet got in the other Archer’s way, turning a rather one-sided duel into a chaotic three-way free-for-all. The dark-skinned Archer in the red and black clothes had quickly proved himself superior in technique both with bow and dual-wielding short swords, pushing her to the limit of her combat skills and finding them lacking. Truly, he would have definitely killed her had that crazy little Berserker failed to show up.

“Did she…?”

“Nah, she did not kill the other Archer,” Misaya said with a tone somewhat resembling disgust. “More like, she never had the intention to do so in the first place.”

“Master?”

“She was just messing with him, anybody could see that.” The scantily clad young woman shrugged lazily. “Seems like she has bit of an interest in him, if you ask me. None of our business, really.”

However, she chuckled, and that drew her Servant’s attention. Misaya relaxedly gazed at the geometrical forms precisely carved on the wooden ceiling, her entwined palms easing on the back of her head.

“But we actually killed a Servant, Archer, and a goddess to boot.” Another chuckle. “Aren’t we cool?”

“Ah, well, yes…” Archer was unsure of what to say. “I guess…it is a significant accomplishment, yes.”

“…a ‘significant accomplishment’, huh…” Misaya shook her head in mixed astonishment and exhaustion. “Really, Archer.”

“Yes?”

Misaya glanced at the masked Servant. Truly, she was nothing like she had imagined. She had imagined some sort of ultimate femme-fatale, a legendary ‘man-eater’ of unimaginable wickedness. What she got was instead this…weird, child-like young woman, her figure permanently and completely concealed from the world, as if ashamed of her very identity. The complete opposite of a confident “legendary figure”.

It had been almost one week since she summoned Archer, and Misaya believed she already had an idea of the kind of person her Servant was. It was not shame that bothered her Archer, but ‘confusion’. ‘Ignorance’ might be an even better word.

Archer was confused about the fact she was summoned because she did not believe she was the kind of existence that deserved the title of “Heroic Spirit”. What it is Archer believes herself to be, ‘heroic’ it is not.

“Archer, how does it feel?” Misaya insisted. “I mean, you defeated a legendary figure, a true ‘Heroic Spirit’. So, how does it feel?”

“Ah, but…” Archer hurriedly shook her head. “To call it ‘defeat’ is too much, isn’t it? I just…scored a shot from behind while she was distracted with Medusa…” Truly, she had not the slightest intention of making it a big deal. “Furthermore, she was tired after using her Noble Phantasm…”

“Archer.”

The Servant became silent.

“You killed a hero. With the weapon in your hands, with the skills you possess, you stalked and struck down a legendary goddess. The method doesn’t matter: you. Killed. A Heroic Spirit.” The voice carried no reproach. If anything, Misaya seemed delighted by the whole deal. “You attacked a Heroic Spirit and succeeded. Accept it with pride.”

Archer looked down at her Master’s beautiful figure on the couch, or at least so Misaya thought, what with the mask covering her Servant’s face. A second or two later, Archer’s head dropped, as if to gaze at her own lap , and at the open hand resting on her thighs.

“I…I beat…Freyja. I beat her.”

“Yes, Archer; you beat Norse goddess Freyja,” Misaya repeated with the allure of a siren drawing the sailor to a watery grave. “Isn’t that amazing?”

“…yes…yes, and…I did it. With my arrow. With Adrasteia.”

“Yes, a great Noble Phantasm it is. The greater and more famous, noble and powerful the hero, the stronger the arrow becomes. That Herakles cheats with his stock of lives, but all other great figures of legend will definitely lose to your arrow, Archer.”

“Hmm.”

Misaya watched her pitiful Archer raise her head once more, only to look at the night beyond the window. The< did not have much from a view from that old house, so it was not hard to guess that her Servant’s mind was somewhere else.

“…what are you thinking, Archer?”

“…I, I just wonder…is this it?”

Misaya smiled, quietly encouraging her Servant to speak her mind.

“Is this…what it is like, to be a ‘Heroic Spirit’? To fight, and kill, those like yourself?”

Misaya shrugged. “I’d say it’s the gist of it. Those humanity reveres the most are the ones who rise to the stage the moment words fail and weapons are drawn. Really, it’s beyond stupid.” She sounded exasperated indeed. “Even you, who never fought a battle in your life, became immortal because your deeds resulted in the death of an entire generation of so-called heroes.”

Archer did not seem to react to the obvious taunt. She clenched and relaxed her hands again and again, as if trying to make sure she was there, alive, and herself.

“Isn’t that…is that not just too pitiful…?”

She finally said those words, and Misaya’s eyes sparkled with delight.

Yes, she had made the right choice with this Servant, after all! How delightfully interesting, her pitiful Archer!

“Uwah!” Archer squeaked in reaction to being suddenly pulled to the side by Misaya’s forceful hand. Poor balance caused the two women to slump off the couch, falling on the hard, cold wooden floor with the Master on top.

“Master…?” The masked Servant inquired with no little confusion, looking up at the dangerously close, predatory gaze of the mischievous magus who had summoned her.

“Don’t mind me; I just thought you were unbearably adorable just a moment ago, so I felt like pushing you down and having my way with you.” Misaya’s tone made it hard to tell whether she spoke in jest or not.

Archer only tilted her head a slight bit.

“I am still substantially stronger than you, Master. I highly doubt it is even possible for you to ‘have your way with me’, as you put it.”

“Ah, ah, ah…” Misaya wagged a finger before Archer’s masked face. “We’re not playing semantics now. If anything, it makes replenishing your prana more fun, does it not?”

Yet another sigh from behind the mask.

“Entertainment value aside, it is not possible for me to engage in such activities in this form, Master.”

Misaya raised an eyebrow even as she smiled triumphantly. Nothing in Archer’s speech suggested her being against further intimacy. That smile soon changed to her habitual teasing smirk, though.

“Well of course it is not possible, what with all these clothes in the way,” The black-haired Japanese beauty pointed out. “For starters, we are in dire need of direct…physical contact…”

Archer’s hand moved much faster than Misaya could hope to react to, quickly reaching for the young magus’ right wrist. The same wrist attached to the hand surreptitiously reaching for the edge of Archer’s mask.

“Do not,” the Servant declared, and her voice left no room for argument. It was not the first time this happened, even if it was one of the first things she explained to her overly desirous Master.

“If I take off this mask you will definitely die, Master. Please, do not make me reveal my face in your presence.”

“Archer…” It was sort of a warning growl, like a mother tigress standing between the poacher and her cubs.

“Does Master wish to die that badly? You should still have some time left.”

Misaya’s pupils shrunk notoriously even as her eyes opened most widely.

“You…”

“Master is not the only one who dreams,” Archer calmly answered the unspoken question.

A hand covered in a leather glove reached for Misaya’s right cheek, holding it carefully and tenderly, as if afraid of breaking the magus’ beautiful face.

“Please, do not use me to take your own life, Master.”

For a second, only for a second, to Archer’s eyes, Misaya’s face became the one of a girl terrified by the prospect of inescapable doom.

Only for a second.

After that, a mask of coldness more baleful than the physical object covering Archer’s face was forged before Reiroukan Misaya’s dark eyes.

“It would be painless,” she flatly said, unsubtly revealing the true extent of her fear.

“Yes. But I must insist.”

Spirit returned to Misaya’s irises, even if it was in the form of restrained anger.

“You have Independent Action,” she pointed out. “You can still fight other heroes as you please even after I’m dead, if only for a while.”

Archer shook her head calmly.

“Rather than a hero that pointlessly fights and kills other heroes, I would rather be the hero that brings happiness to the one who called for her aid.”

Archer silently watched the emotions dancing in Misaya’s lustrous irises. Anger and desire were there, as usual, this time accompanied by hints of the painfully weak child usually concealed by the forceful personality that so deeply attracted Archer to her Master in the first place.

“I don’t need you,” Misaya rebelliously pointed out. Truly, her beautiful Master was so childish at times…

“Yet I still want to give you the Grail.”

Something liquid gleamed in the corners of Misaya’s eyes, if only for a moment. They were quickly hidden by the young woman’s own hair, when she lowered her face to intensely kiss Archer’s mask where her lips should be.

Class: Archer
    Master: Reiroukan Misaya
    True Name: HELEN OF SPARTA

Height: 150 cm (fake)
    Weight: 46 kg (fake)
    Three Sizes: 74/55/77 (fake)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: Archer’s body is completely concealed by her clothes. Despite her gender, she has chosen men’s clothes, most likely for the sake of practicality and concealing her identity. Instead of the standard Greek chiton and himation combination, Archer wears a hooded black bodysuit that tightly fits to the shape of her body. Over that she wears a light hoplite breastplate, plus arm bracers and leg guards. Her face is protected by a plain-looking silver mask, and her hands and feet with leather gloves and boots, respectively.

Strength E
    Endurance D
    Agility B*
    Magic D
    Luck D*
    Noble Phantasm --
    * Parameter modifications due to the effect of Natural Body (see below).

Class Skills:
    * Independent Action: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master.
    C – Capable of remaining in this world for one day without an established contract.
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    C – Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:
    * Divinity: The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not.
    A – Originally a princess with divine parentage, Helen became a fully-fledged divinity after death.
    * Natural Body: The possession of a perfect body as a living being from birth.
    EX – A natural form which defies comprehension. As this rate, the Servant’s whole body is an instrument of destiny that should not be exposed haphazardly. Rather than a physical form, an ‘entity’ which embodies humanity’s idealization of anatomical and aesthetic perfection. Instead of Strength, Helen gains rank-up to Agility and Luck (already included in the parameter values above).

Noble Phantasms:
    Spoiler:

Αδραστεια
    The Twilight of Heroes

Type: Anti-Unit/Anti-Hero
    Range: 3-60
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

The materialization of Helen’s status in the form of a proper weapon for the Archer-class Servant. For the one whose life and deeds marked the end of Ancient Greece’s Age of Heroes, the bow and arrow that thirsts for the blood of the great. It works under the principle of ‘retribution against those blessed with good fortune’, and in that way it is connected to the sources that make the goddess Nemesis Helen’s real mother. Only the black vertical grip of the composite bow can be touched safely; both limbs are in fact bladed weapons that can be used for close combat and even detach to become twin shortblades.

Upon invoking the bow’s name, the next arrow glows with the blaze of large amounts of coalesced prana; a bright white missile that will unleash all that power upon impact and then become an ominous black spike of damnation. The Noble Phantasm’s rank always equals the target’s Luck parameter before modifiers—this implies that the Noble Phantasm is just an ordinary arrow when used against mere humans or anything with Luck below E-rank. The arrow’s power increases if the target possesses Skills associated with innate, natural blessings and capabilities (Charisma, Divinity, Instinct, Magic Resistance, Natural Body) as well as privileges gained in life (Golden Rule, Imperial Privilege, Protection of the Fairies), to a maximum rank of A++. The arrow’s power decreases in response to Skills associated with curses, disabilities or any detrimental consequence of the target’s larger-than-life qualities (Headache Sufferer, Innocent Monster, Mental Pollution, Uncrowned Arms Mastership), to a minimum rank of E.

Φιλομειραξ
    Self-Seal, Upright Temple

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 0
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

A multi-purpose bounded field Helen uses to fix her inchoate body into a stable form and hide her true appearance. While the true form of the Noble Phantasm is the plain grey mask she wears over her face, the magic in it also crafts her clothes out of prana, and thus taking off the mask renders Helen completely nude. Because it is incapable of doing anything else and does not work under any other circumstance beyond ‘when Helen is wearing it’, it is an extremely efficient magic despite requiring a constant input of prana to function. As a Noble Phantasm, it represents Helen’s connection with Artemis and the temple where she experienced the happiness of freedom for the last time before she was snatched by Theseus.

Setting Notes:
    Spoiler:

A woman who has become a concept. No longer human, or even a Heroic Spirit in the ordinary meaning of the term. Virtuous and corrupt, flawless and vile, observant yet uncaring; strong-willed, but inevitably an instrument of divine will and inescapable fate. She is an ambiguous existence; a nexus of chaos; a maelstrom of warfare that encompasses both good and evil, but she is ultimately nothing but what humanity has made of her.

Helen of Sparta, daughter of Zeus and Leda—or Nemesis in some accounts. The only truly hard fact known about her is that she was ‘the most beautiful woman in the world’, so much so that she was the target of the lusts of men even before she was even ten years old. Beyond that simple yet powerful fact, her story has been written and rewritten so many times there is nothing remotely close to an agreement on just what kind of person Helen of Sparta truly was, or just how much of the dire events she stood at the center of were truly her responsibility. To the person in question none of that really matters anymore—she has become an existence without form whose only attribute is ‘being beautiful’. Helen herself does not remember her own life; her mind a mishmash of different versions struggling to fit into a single coherent narrative. Regardless of what her true history was, regardless of what kind of person she truly was, there is one thing that remains painfully clear in her mind: ever since that day at the temple of Artemis Orthia when she was stolen from her family by the lustful hands of the aging hero Theseus, Helen of Sparta no longer knew happiness.

Helen has no wish—she is an idle entity that knows no ambition. If anything, she wishes to understand her existence. She is currently a ‘Heroic Spirit’: what does that mean? More precisely, what makes her such, and what does being such mean for her? Her perception of the concept of ‘hero’ is defined by her memories of the so-called heroes of her time, of which she honestly does not have the best opinion. What kind of ‘hero’ is she supposed to be? Everything about herself is so vague, she is not sure what it is to be expected of her.

Before she can make a wish for the sake of herself, Helen wishes to understand just who ‘herself’ is.

Keywords
    Spoiler:
    Natural Body – Helen is the embodiment of ‘perfect, ideal beauty’. Flawlessness of form that defies comprehension. Her unnatural beauty is such that it cannot be defined in a single form, and thus she lacks a fixed appearance or even a stable physical body as a Servant. Her Noble Phantasm, Philomeirax, fixes her base structure—height, weight and body proportions, as shown in the profile above—to the shape of a girl on the onset of puberty. Her clothes then cover her whole body, leaving not a millimeter of skin or hair unveiled. This is a defensive measure not for her sake, but for the sake of anybody in the vicinity. Only by completely hiding her appearance can Helen interact with other human beings.

Upon taking off the mask, the full splendor of Helen’s perfect beauty is revealed. However, perfect beauty is not something that can be ascertained by human minds. Even if she had a true, definite appearance in life, humanity’s exaltation has converted her into something utterly inhuman. Those who get even the slightest glimpse of her form under the clothes will end up with their minds broken as they try to comprehend and give a definite form to what they see. No ordinary human can hope to look at the transcendent beauty of the exposed Helen and live. Even to those with potent magical resistance and those who have surpassed humanity and stepped into the Throne of Heroes, Helen of Troy appears as an indefinite, vaguely humanoid ‘body of radiance’, lacking of features other than the overwhelming impression of ‘sublime beauty without flaw’ her presence engraves in their minds and souls. They may suffer a rank-down to stats (and maybe multiple ranks down if the Servant is particularly susceptible to beauty) as they struggle with the idea of fighting with such a thing; an idea as alien as fighting with the very concept of beauty itself.

Unnatural Hero – Helen is a Heroic Spirit in one of the knight classes, even if she was never involved in any significant combat in her legend. Just like her very existence is extremely undefined, her status as a Servant is a ridiculously ambiguous exaggeration of concepts loosely associated with her legend: her early training as a citizen of Sparta, plus her connection to the cults of Artemis, Apollo, Nemesis, and solar worship.

Blog Entries
    Nicely done Helen, Daneel, and interesting choice for Class and NPs.

...and I really want to right up a sheet for one of the Japan's other 4 Great Youkai: Emperor Sutoku, the Ōtengu - but I'm not sure which Class to put him in or what sort of Noble Phantasm would be best suited for his legend.
    I am considering Caster and the use of scrolls to call disasters (maybe something related to targeting Luck, high or low, for damage) and storms, but that's about it. ^^;
    A fan of some sort would be the "obvious" choice considering the tengu aspect of his nature, but I'm not sure where to start with that...and I don't think I could make a believable connection to the Bashōsen (Banana Palm Fan) of the Journey to the West.
    Not sure if anyone else is interested in the idea, but I find it rather odd that there hasn't been any sheet written up for him.
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 7th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Because it's a nature spirit, and those don't really work as HS?
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Because it's a nature spirit, and those don't really work as HS?
    Emporer Sutoku was a human, but his legend points to him writing scrolls, or at least being accused of writing them this way, that would curse the court and later becoming a tengu after death because of all the hatred he held for being rejected and dethroned, causing disaster and storms across Japan, and bad luck for the Imperial court.
    ...or at least that's the "bite-sized" version that I was able to look up.
    This should allow for him to qualify as Servant material, though obviously not as the full Ōtengu, just like Tamamo no Mae wasn't summoned in her Yōko form (let alone with all nine tails).
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 7th, 2013 at 12:29 PM.

@ Daneel - I would have loved your Helen as is, but then you went and made her Misaya's Servant and that literally tripled how awesome she was in my eyes! Somehow her and Misaya have great chemistry, and once again your portrayal of her past seems like a perfect fit for the Nasuverse.

@ Lyco - Oh, hey, The World Ends With You. Good times, good times. Heard they were going to have some of those characters show up in the next Kingdom Hearts. Not a sequel like I would have hoped for but I'll take what I can get!

As for Otengu, honestly there are a bunch of characters you'd think would have been done by now but haven't for some reason. You'd think someone would have done Merlin, Morgan le Fay, Oda Nobunaga, or Date Masamune by now, but no profiles exist for those characters. Heck, you'd think someone would have done Masamune or Muramasa, the legendary blacksmiths, but nope (personally, I'd like to see someone do Bedivere; a one-handed Knight of the Round who's still the fastest out of the whole group would make for an interesting Servant).

By the way, along with Sutoku and Tamamo, who were the other two Great Youkai again? I think the Orochi was one of the other two but I'm not certain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    As for Otengu, honestly there are a bunch of characters you'd think would have been done by now but haven't for some reason. You'd think someone would have done Merlin, Morgan le Fay, Oda Nobunaga, or Date Masamune by now, but no profiles exist for those characters. Heck, you'd think someone would have done Masamune or Muramasa, the legendary blacksmiths, but nope (personally, I'd like to see someone do Bedivere; a one-handed Knight of the Round who's still the fastest out of the whole group would make for an interesting Servant).
    Mmm, Merlin I've heard has the same problem Scathach does - they would be consummate and perfect Casters, except you don't get into the Throne unless you die first. Scathach became too conceptually awesome to die even when she wanted to, and Merlin got... trapped behind a rock, I believe, by the Lady of the Lake? Though I've never heard if it's confirmed one way or the other that the rock seal thing happened to Nasuverse Merlin too. The rest all seem like fun candidates though.

Helen is wow though. That's a very interesting explanation for what happens to her (and makes me feel a little bad for my Paris being shallow) but she's a very interesting character, especially in her little introduction snippet. Even she doesn't know why she's a Heroic Spirit, but seeing her (forced to) take a little pride in winning is pretty cute in a sad way. The appearance is very novel as well.
    Last edited by Sunny; January 7th, 2013 at 12:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    By the way, along with Sutoku and Tamamo, who were the other two Great Youkai again? I think the Orochi was one of the other two but I'm not certain.
    Surprisingly enough, Yamata no Orochi isn't one of the four.
    The other two are: Shuten-Doji the King of Oni, who in some versions is the spawn of Orochi, and the Nurarihyon the leader of the Hyakki Yagyou (Night Parade of One Hundred Youkai).
    Last edited by Lycodrake; January 7th, 2013 at 01:01 PM.

I now understand a Sengoku Youko reference that much better.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a half-made profile for Shutendouji, if anybody cares, but it's way back in my stack of to-do Servants.

...it's very Touhou-ish. Blame Suika for being awesome.

Also, I made a few tweaks to my profile for Elizabeth Báthory, and furthermore added her stats as a Lancer.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; January 7th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    and Merlin got... trapped behind a rock, I believe, by the Lady of the Lake? Though I've never heard if it's confirmed one way or the other that the rock seal thing happened to Nasuverse Merlin too.
    Artoria says he was 'confined', which is a reasonably strong hint at it.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I wonder how strong Merlin would be if he was ever released.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I wonder how strong Merlin would be if he was ever released.
    Given his name is pretty much synonymous with "powerful western sorcerer" I imagine he'd be at or beyond Medea tier, particularly since he's part-Incubus.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Caster's Avatar
    Definitely beyond Medea tier. More along the lines of being most powerful Caster in just about any situation. Though, the sheer power of him as a figure is one of those situations that makes it hard to turn him into a Servant I imagine. He'd be pretty toned down though I imagine due to being a Servant, so there is that.

And looking forward to the Tengu guy, sounds like he'd be a pretty neat Caster.