Page 572 of 782 FirstFirst ... 72472522562567570571572573574577582622672 ... LastLast
Results 11,421 to 11,440 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

I'm going with Ruler. And hoping I didn't screw any terminology/lore up.

Class: Ruler

STR: E
    END: D
    AGI: D
    MGI: B
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (B): Cancels spells three verses or shorter.

True Name Discernment (B): Ruler can automatically determine a Servant's true identity, skills and parameters
    upon encountering them. If they possess a means of concealing these, she can make a LCK check to overcome it.

God's Resolution (-): Two golden Command Seals that can be used to command any or all Servants participating in
    the current Holy Grail War.

Personal Skills

Lyre Performance (B): Ruler is able to play songs so soothing that she can purge anxiety, stress and
    mental interference. In addition, enemies within earshot suffer a penalty to accuracy for the duration.

Discernment of the Poor (A):
    Is able to see an individual's true nature and see through deceptions.
    Seeing an individual's true character is an important step in judging whether they are worthy of the
    gifts her Noble Phantasm bestows.

Overlapping Excess (N/A): A blessing of immortality. Ruler was one the few people in ancient times who
    entered Heaven while still alive, after "living" for over 1000 years as a Counter Guardian. This skill
    grants accelerated healing and the ability to change between the forms of a Servant and an incarnated human.

Noble Phantasm

Pakod Yifkod~Guardian of Communal Memory (EX, Support)

The character of Ruler, who accompanies the Israelites to Egypt and enters the land of Canaan with them, embodies
    the history of the people of Israel. Her character is linked with those of the people’s leaders, and she expedites
    the realization of the Divine plan. This is her role when she convinces Jacob that Joseph still lives, thus resulting
    in his going down to Egypt; she continues in this task when she identifies Moses as the true redeemer of Israel, thus
    leading the people to heed him; and thus, when she helps Moses to find Joseph’s bones, so as not to delay the Exodus
    from Egypt. Her appearance seemingly confirms that God’s promises will be fulfilled. This Noble Phantasm is Ruler's
    talent as a Counter Guardian; providing the push needed for certain individuals to be become renowned heroes.

Ruler can select individual people and imbue them with the power of heroes. This can have a variety of effects,
    but in general the target will experience some sort of chance meeting with Ruler and just the right words will be said
    that start them on the path to greatness, with vastly enhanced abilities. Rather than simply granting skills or power,
    Ruler's influence unlocks one's potential and maximizes it. The path of a hero that takes a lifetime to forge is walked
    in a much shorter time due to miraculous events that begin to occur in their lives. A mage will soon find themselves a match for
    a Caster-class Servant and unlocking the secrets of magecraft. An athlete will reach and surpass the limits of human ability with ease.
    An inventor will soon spearhead a technological revolution. By doing so, Ruler gives humanity more heroes and new benchmarks for
    greatness to strive for, and equipping them for the greater and greater challenges and threats that will come as a result.

Background
    Serah bat Asher was a stepdaughter of Asher, the son of Jacob. She is one of the seventy members of the patriarch's family who
    emigrated from Canaan to Egypt, and her name occurs in connection with the census taken by Moses in the wilderness. The fact
    of her being the only woman to be mentioned in the genealogical lists seems to indicate that there was something extraordinary
    in connection with her history; and the faceless Biblical character became the heroine of several legends.

Legend speaks of Serah’s great beauty and wisdom: when Joseph was reunited with his brothers and sent them to the land of Canaan
    to bring his father Jacob to him in Egypt, he ordered them not to alarm their aged father. The brothers summoned Serah and asked
    her to sit before Jacob and play for him on the lyre, in this manner revealing to him that Joseph was still alive. Serah played
    well and sang gently: “Joseph my uncle did not die, he lives and rules all the land of Egypt.” She played thus for Jacob two and
    three times and he was pleased by what he heard. Joy filled his heart, the spirit of God rested on him and he sensed the truth of
    her words. Jacob blessed Serah that she would live forever, telling her: “My daughter, because you revived my spirit, death shall
    never rule you.” It was here that the life of a simple nomad girl would become a legendary guardian of Israel's, and later humanity's
    communal memory, Alaya.

Now blessed with immortality, for the next 400 years Serah was assigned to an important role in identifying the redeemer who
    would deliver the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. The secret of this redemption was given over to Abraham, who conveyed it
    to Isaac, Isaac to Jacob, and Jacob to Joseph. Joseph transmitted the secret of redemption to his brothers, telling them,
    “When God has taken notice of you (pakod yifkod), you shall carry up my bones from here” and Asher passed it along to his daughter Serah.
    When Moses and Aaron came to the Israelite elders and performed miracles before them, they went to Serah and told her: “A certain man has
    come to us and performed such-and-such wonders.” She replied, “There is no substance to him” (that is, he is not the deliverer). They then
    said to her: “He also said: ‘When God has taken notice of you’ (pakod yifkod).” She said: “This is the man who will redeem Israel from Egypt."
    And so she gave Israel the push they needed to put their trust in Moses, save themselves from bondage and advance as a nation.

Serah helped Moses to fulfill the oath sworn to Joseph, to carry up his bones. When the Israelites were ready to leave Egypt they were occupied
    in taking booty, and Moses was the only one who was engaged with Joseph’s bones. He searched for his coffin in all the land of Egypt, but could
    not locate it. Serah was the only one of that generation still alive. Moses went to her and asked: “Do you know where Joseph is buried?” She
    answered: “The Egyptians made for him a metal coffin and sunk it in the Nile, so that its waters would be blessed.” Moses then went to the Nile,
    stood on the bank and Joseph’s coffin immediately rose to the surface and Moses took it.

Serah continued on through the ages, acting as a wise-woman giving advice and information at just the right time, such as
    helping King David stop a revolt.

One anecdote features her turning up during a Rabbi's sermon in the first century. He was describing to his students that when
    the waters of the Red Sea parted, the walls of water looked like a wall of sprouting bushes. Suddenly, a voice came through an
    open window in the back of the room: "No. That's not right." All the students turned around and saw an old lady peering through
    the window. "I am Serah bat Asher. I know what the walls looked like because I was there! They looked like mirrors, mirrors in
    which every man, woman and child was reflected so it seemed as though even more people crossed there, not only those who were
    present, but their descendants and the descendants of their descendants!"

Eventually, she died in a fire in a synagogue in Persia in the ninth century, or so the legends say. In truth, she was taken
    to Heaven in a fiery chariot, one of only a few people ever to receive the honor.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; June 9th, 2015 at 08:55 AM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Caster

Spoiler:

Names: The Lady of Shalott/Elaine of Astolat
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: C
    MAG: A+
    LUCK: E
    NP: C

Class Skills:

Item Construction (A): The ability to create magical items and potions. At this rank it becomes possible to create potions that grant limited immortality. Caster specializes in weaving magical cloth that depicts distant images; her weaving can be compared to the shrouds produced by saints.

There she weaves by night and day
    A magic web with colours gay.

Territory Creation (A): The ability to claim a territory that grants advantages as a magus. Creation of a temple, superior to a workshop, becomes possible.

Personal Skills:

Witchcraft (B+/X): The ability to use the spells of a witch. It is not a true skill that Caster possesses, but one that has been falsely applied to her due to the legends conflating the characters of Elaine of Astolat and Elaine of Carbonec. Caster mainly uses this skill to enchant and deceive, taking on the guise of Guinevere to seduce Sir Lancelot.

Protection of the Fairies (A): The ability to raise luck in perilous situations. Compensates somewhat for Caster’s appalling Luck stat. The villagers living around the river where she dwelled would whisper tales of Caster being a fairy maiden.

Only reapers, reaping early
    In among the bearded barley,
    Hear a song that echoes cheerly
    From the river winding clearly,
    Down to towered Camelot:
    And by the moon the reaper weary,
    Piling sheaves in uplands airy,
    Listening, whispers "'Tis the fairy
    Lady of Shalott."

Curse-Bearer (A+): A detrimental skill that indicates that the bearer carries a curse. Caster was cursed to die if she ever looked away from the mirror in her tower. As a Servant if Caster ever leaves her claimed territory she will be drained rapidly of prana as long as she is outside it. As a benefit, Caster possesses resistance against any other curse used against her.

Out flew the web and floated wide;
    The mirror cracked from side to side;
    "The curse is come upon me," cried
    The Lady of Shalott.

Noble Phantasms:

Shadowed Weave – The Cracked Mirror (D, Support): The mirror that Caster used to gaze on the outside world. It bears a large crack across the surface due to the circumstances of her death, but this doesn’t affect its functionality. It is used as a scrying tool and with it Caster can spy on any area outside her territory that she wishes, as well as direct any familiars that she creates.

And moving through a mirror clear
    That hangs before her all the year,
    Shadows of the world appear.
    There she sees the highway near
    Winding down to Camelot.

The Island of Shalott – The Fairy Maiden’s Tower (Anti-Territory, A+): The island and castle that the Lady of Shalott dwelt in. A pseudo-Reality Marble that is built on top of the world rather than replacing it, it can only be used inside Caster’s territory. It summons the island and castle of Shalott into the world. It amplifies the effects of the territory, allows Caster to rapidly heal her wounds, and lets her cast spells amplitudes higher than her skill would otherwise allow. On the other hand the effects of the curse increase exponentially; if Caster so much as sets a toe outside her boundary, she will be drained in seconds. Furthermore, she will suffer an irreversible, permanent rank down to all stats and her mirror and all her weavings will be destroyed.

And up and down the people go,
    Gazing where the lilies blow
    Round an island there below,
    The island of Shalott.

Willows whiten, aspens quiver,
    Little breezes dusk and shiver
    Through the wave that runs for ever
    By the island in the river
    Flowing down to Camelot.
    Four grey walls, and four grey towers,
    Overlook a space of flowers,
    And the silent isle imbowers
    The Lady of Shalott.

I thought I'd try embellishing a bit with poetry and stuff this time. Also I learned how to imgur properly, so I can put pictures in too.

I do too many lady Casters, I think.
    Last edited by asterism42; June 15th, 2015 at 06:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I do too many lady Casters, I think.
    We seem to be rather swamped with Casters of late in general. They're quite fun to put together if nothing else. XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

Blog Entries
    They're probably the easiest class to do, too. When in doubt Caster.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Hawkeye's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    They're probably the easiest class to do, too. When in doubt Caster.
    True. Just about any hero where you're at a loss. Authors, Musicians, actual bloody mages, and even a bunch of Magic-Knights, all in the Caster class if you can't manage something else.

I fully expect the inevitable Francis Xavier servant to be a Caster
    Quote Originally Posted by Break View Post
    are MILFS and lolis the only two types of women you think exist in Ireland?
    Galleries for Stuff
    Gallery for Fate/GUDAGUDA Order
    http://imgur.com/a/4ErFN

Gallery for Learning with Manga! GO
    http://imgur.com/a/qlLc5#0

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just wish we had more actual magus Casters in canon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    True. Just about any hero where you're at a loss. Authors, Musicians, actual bloody mages, and even a bunch of Magic-Knights, all in the Caster class if you can't manage something else.

I fully expect the inevitable Francis Xavier servant to be a Caster
    Lets be real Xavier is going be a Ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Xavier would to OP with his eye of the mind (internet guide).

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

I always thought Cassandra of Troja would be a really cool Caster, with future visions and all that

Funny to see that the fate subreddit is taking part in create-a-servant too its spreading

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    Class: Rider
    True Name: Ashoka Maurya The Great, Ideal World Monarch
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: war and misery, religious schisms and heresy. Religious intolerance.
    Talents: military and ruling.
    Natural Enemy: anybody who achieves his goals through violence.

STR: B MGI: C
    END: C LCK: A+
    AGI: C NP: A++

Background:_______________________________________ _________________________________

At first glance, this Servant looks nothing like what his Class would suggest: he stands over two meters tall, emanating an aura of personal power, the skin is of a a swarthy complexion, coarse like bark. In his eyes burns a fire which, coupled with his stone-like visage, seems more fitting of a Berserker. And when he then unsheats a pair of Twin Swords, which are able to summon a powerful gust of wind, he could be mistaken for a Saber Class Servant.

Spoiler:
    One of the greatest Indian emperors, Ashoka Maurya (304–232 BCE) reigned for forty years over most of present-day India after a number of military conquests. His empire stretched from the Hindu Kush mountains in Afghanistan to present-day Bangladesh and the Indian state of Assam in the east, and as far south as northern Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. He was the first ruler of ancient India, after the mythological rulers of the Mahabharata, to unify such a vast territory under his empire, which exceeds the boundaries of the modern Republic of India.
    He had been given the customary royal military training, and was a fearsome hunter and warrior. He was allegedly able to kill lions and tigers with the help of a wooden rod only, and an elephant with just a knife. He was said to be unstoppable when wielding a sword, and able to beat a number of armed soldiers barehanded.
    In his adolescence he wasn’t a delicate and refined prince, but an adventurous and ruthless fighter: he was physically very rude and strong, and as a dreadful and heartless general he was generally feared, depicting an image of him to the point that later on Buddhist legends exaggerated his features, portraying him as an even more terrible and cruel figure of a ruler capable of incredible atrocities, going as far as exterminating the rest of the royal family and all of his brothers, sparing only his younger uterine brother from the purge.
    In any case, his bloodthirsty temperament was destined to eventually drastically change...

Conquest of Kalinga: “If this is a victory, then what is a defeat?”

Eight years after his coronation, Ashoka went to war with the republic of Kalinga in the East. It was a massive clash, and Ashoka emerged victorious. It wasn’t, however, a victory without losses...
    Tradition has it that one day, while he was walking through the grounds of Kalinga with the intention of rejoicing and celebrating his victory, he was instead struck by the devastation around him. Thousands of soldiers and civilians alike caught in the bloodshed, and even more deported. Venturing out to roam the defeated capital, all he could see around him were the houses burnt down and the scattered corpses, the air filled with the wails of the kith and kin of the dead. A sickening sight that prompted him to cry a powerful monologue:

“What have I done? If this is a victory, what's a defeat then? Is this a victory or a defeat? Is this justice or injustice? Is it gallantry or a rout? Is it valor to kill innocent children and women? Did I do it to widen the empire and for prosperity or to destroy the other's kingdom and splendor? One has lost her husband, someone else a father, someone a child, someone an unborn infant... what's this debris of the corpses? Are these marks of victory or defeat? Are these vultures, crows, eagles the messengers of death or evil?”

This incident transformed Ashoka. For the remainder of his life, he became an even more fervent advocate of ahimsa (nonviolence) and embraced Buddhism, using his position to support and propagate the relatively new religion to new heights, sending emissaries to the four corners of the known world.
    From the brutal warleader he was once, he became a philantropic administrator and set off to ensure the well-being of every living being in his kingdom, emphasizing the need and advantage in following the Buddhist lay ethic of dharma, the ‘righteous way of living’, embracing piety, truth, religious tolerance and justice.

Chakravartin: “Oh Buddha, I entrust this bowl of dirt to you”

In the Ashokavadana, one of the texts contained in the Buddhist anthology of legends known as Divyavadana ("Divine Narrative"), we are treated to the story of an incident that occured during the previous past life of Ashoka.
    Back then he was a simple and poor boy named Jaya, who upon meeting the begging Buddha, gave him a handful of soil, dreaming it to be food.
    Not at all angered by the apparent disrespectful gesture, the Buddha instead recognized the good will of the boy, and blessed him. Rays of grace emanated from the Blessed One and back into his left palm. It was meant to signify that, one hundred years in the future, the young boy would be reborn as a balachrakravartin, the ‘armed Chakravarti’, a powerful and righteous monarch who will spread Dharma in the world.
    Not quite a full-fledged Chakravartin, a world ruler too idealized and mythical to actually be part of our mundane world, one who commands authority by his shining presence alone, ushering humanity into a Golden Age where Earth yields fruits of her own accord, the ‘Iron-Wheeled’ Chakravarti is nonetheless the undisputed ruler of a continent, upholder of justice, a much more realistical figure who is armed and able to threaten force, but in accordance to the principle of a Chakravartin, accomplishes conquest and rules by pacific means. It is he who embodies the seemingly paradoxical concept of ruling with iron but without bloodshed. As such, although a superhuman king, he can still be involved in our imperfect world. Such a king Ashoka will become.
    The incident of the Gift of Dirt is heavily symbolic, even in the context of the story. Just like the boy Jaya gives a bowl of earth to the Buddha, so will proportionally do king Ashoka, entrusting his kingdom, “just a handful of earth” (when compared to the cosmic importance of the universe and the Enlightened One). It is at the same time revealing of the physicality and unsophisticated roughness of the character he will show in the future.
    In Buddhist mythology there have been past Chakravartins during the ancient mythological era at the beginning of the world, but Ashoka was the only one whose coming was prophetized by the Buddha himself and come in our modern world, and who became a patron of Buddhism and Dharma. As such, there have been powerful emperors, but his reign was unique and special.

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ ________________________

Riding: A+
    It’s the expertise to ride animals and vehicles. Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Magic Resistance: A
    It grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects prana, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this level it cancels spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern Magi.
    Ashoka sports an unnaturally high level in this skill due to the good karmic influence his past deeds have accumulated after his change of mind, most notably the construction of 84,000 stupas, a mound-like structure containing the relics of Buddha which Ashoka had collected and redistributed all across his kingdom, and his piety in attending to his subjects.

Charisma: A
    The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. At this level, it can be said to have achieved the greatest level of popularity as a human being.

Innocent Monster: D
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend.
    In order to emphasize even further the drastic change from his old bloodthirsty ways after his conversion, successive Buddhist legends like the one found in the Ashokavadana exaggerated and distorted the image of the Mauryan emperor. As a matter of fact, the figure of the emperor was more known among the Buddhist circle by the accounts of the Ashokavadana rather than his own Pillar Edicts. Ashoka was portrayed as a ugly and coarse man, whom nobody could love and was in fact shunned and hated by both his father Bindusara and the royal harem. His appearance matched his personality: cruel and wicked, he enjoyed to bring execution to people in the most brutal ways.
    When summoned through the Grail, Ashoka sports a rough and ugly appearance. This skill also affects his judgement, in the form of random but brief outbursts of mood. Even so, even if fierce at times, his better judgement is always with him. Even if he shows a rather direct, unsophisticated, no-nonsense attitude, he nonetheless can fully be considered a compassionate and positive soul.

Kshatriya Training: B+
    The creed and duty of the Kshatriya, one of the four social orders in Hindu culture. The ruling and military class of aristocracy, as such their role was to protect society by fighting in wartime and governing in peacetime. Members of this elite considered to be their duty to acquire knowledge in the art of fighting both in personal combat and military tactics, both branches successfully employed by Ashoka in his life.

Owner of Many Qualities: A+
    The inherent merits and virtues of a Chakravarti, the ideal world monarch, endowed with thirty-two major and many other minor signs of excellence. Honourable virtues are further symbolized in the effigy of the 24-spoked Ashoka Chakra, a particularly important depiction of the Dharmachakra. They include many qualities such as Wisdom, Courage, Patience, Self-Control and Sacrifice, Justice, Empathy, Humility, and general Righteousness through Compassion and Mercy. They are also comprehensive of properties naturally and absolutely possessed by powerful kings, even more so as a Chakravartin, such as Wealth and Favor and Blessing from the Gods.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ _________________________________

Samrāṭ Chakravartin: He Whose Wheels Roll Everywhere Unobstructed
    Type: Anti-Fortress

A magnificent chariot pulled by four Indian lions, trascendental Phantasmal Beasts already on the level of Divine Beasts. A manifestation of Ashoka’s title as Chakravarti, a Sanskrit term used to define the ideal of a world emperor, ruling ethically and benevolently and spreading the truth of Dharma (or Dhamma, as it’s called in the Prakrit inscriptions of king Ashoka), the Buddha’s teaching to achieve Nirvana. It can be figuratively translated to "(he) whose wheels are moving" in the meaning of "whose chariot is rolling everywhere without obstruction". Furthermore it can also be interpreted to have the the meaning of "through whom the Wheel is moving", referring to the Wheel of Dharma, the Dharmachakra, a symbol often employed by Ashoka himself. One of the most famous depictions of the Dharmachakra is in fact the so-called “Ashoka Chakra”, a symbol so iconic that it’s being used nowadays on India’s national flag, representing all kinds of good virtues and qualities.
    The iconography of the four lions is derived from the Lion Capital of Ashoka, a sculpture depicting these four magnificent felines standing back to back and watching the four cardinal directions. The four lions are intepreted to represent the spread of the Mauryan empire in all four directions and corners of the world, the preaching of the “Four Noble Truths” of Buddhism to all, or the accomplishments of Buddha himself (the lion has been traditionally associated with regality, strength and power. It is therefore an appropriate symbol for the Buddha who tradition has it was a royal prince. The Buddha's teachings are sometimes referred to as the “Lion's Roar”, again indicative of their strength and power).
    Traditionally, Indian war chariots were very much different from other types of chariot from across the world, like the sleek, fast two-wheeled chariots of Egypt; they were instead humongous and large four-wheeled firing platforms requiring four to six horses to pull them. They weren’t used for out-flanking enemies, but charged straight into the enemy ranks crushing anyone in their path.

Iron Chakraratana: The Most Precious Treasure in the Four Worlds
    Type: Anti-Unit, Fortress

One of the seven regalia that are the signature property of a Chakravarti. Lore has it that when a Chakravarti is installed upon the throne, this Chakraratana appears before him from the Chakkadaha, travelling through the air. Similarly, it was said to disappear at the death of its owner.
    A majestic throne-carrying device, shining with glory worth of the apparation of a god. The Chakraratana is the Chakravarti’s chief symbol of office, according to tradition carrying him to the four corners of the world so that all the kings could acclaim and pledge their alliance to the Chakravarti.
    It is eloquently described as discus-shaped, its nave made of sapphire, the centre of which shines like the orb of the full moon, and round it is a band of silver. And even more it’s decorated with jewels shining like the rays of the sun, a tyre made of coral which plays heavenly music and on either side of the hub two faces of lions. Every part is adorned with garlands flowers.
    In the case of Ashoka, it appears as a fortified and armored iron wheel. Due to it being a regalia representing the king’s supremacy mostly in a symbolic sense, and together with Ashoka’s pacifistic nature, the effectiveness as an offensive weapon of war is somewhat questionable. It does however provide excellent protection through the deployment of a Chhatraratana, the “jeweled/precious parasol”, an auspicious symbol and embodiment of kingship in both Hinduism and Buddhism, and therefore naturally associated with the overlord known as Chakravarti, in this case acting as a mighty shield against incoming attacks.
    Furthermore, as big as it is, the Master urges Rider to use it with caution, since it’s impossible to not notice it, leading to tales of UFOs apparitions in the city. But although enormous in size, it costs little to no prana to be summoned and used. This because of his trascendant summoning nature, and because it is fueled by its own Prana Reactor, powered by another of the Seven Ideal Possessions, the precious gem known as Maniratana.

Devānāmpriya Priyadarśin: The Beloved of the Gods Who Regards Everyone with Affection
    Type: Anti-Unit

All men are my children. What I desire for my own children, and I desire their welfare and happiness both in this world and the next, that I desire for all men. You do not understand to what extent I desire this, and if some of you do understand, you do not understand the full extent of my desire.
    (Ashoka’s Major Rock Edict at Kalinga)

“Here in my domain no living beings shall be slaughtered or offered in sacrifice.”
    (Ashoka’s Major Rock Edict at Girnar)

Rider’s greatest Noble Phantasm, his ultimate and invincible trump card. It’s Ashoka’s Reality Marble-like vision that he came to engrave in his soul and strived to achieve through his every actions, the crystalization of the decades-long period of peace and prosperity he unleashed throughout his territories, and even overflowing to the bordering countries, for Ashoka invested in the spread of Dharma to every known nation and proclaimed his alliance and affection to all people, of every religion. A manifestation of the divine vision that unfolded in front of his eyes upon completing the task of building the 84,000 stupas as he saw the entirety of his kingdom all at once, after which he came to be known as Dharmashoka, Ashoka the Righteous.
    Upon being invoked, it generates a field in which it is impossible to initiate any attack or perform physically damaging actions. Ashoka calls down from the Heavens and from the roots of the Earth the Divine Spirits, Nature Spirits and Elementals that used to be in his service as a divinely blessed king or answered his calls to aid his cause. Armed spirits restrain through a gentle but unopposable grace the targets and forbids offensive actions through the use of divine weapons, and are strong enough to stop a rampaging Berserker dead in his tracks. It is a physically restraining, spiritual and mental attack at the same time, leaving no blind spots in quietening combative and pained souls.
    It is obviously the purest expression of Ashoka’s earnest wish and the essence of a Chakravartin, the righteous ruler that discourages further violence from being carried out through the display of overwhelming force, but without actually the need, and thus the occasion to engage in warlike activities.
    As a matter of fact, Ashoka strived to bring peace not only among humans, but also humans and Nature Spirits, traditionally at war: Ashoka had a clear-cut policy of exploiting as well protecting natural resources with specific officials tasked with this duty. He advocated the protection of fauna, relinquishing the custom of the royal hunt and he himself embracing vegetarianism, limiting the consumption of animal flesh to the minimum in his court. He was perhaps the first ruler in history to encourage conservation measures for wildlife. Believing Buddhism to be beneficial to every life form, he brought humans and nature together in a non-violent way, establishing comfortable resting places along roads, attending to plants and trees and providing resources for medical provisions. Even so, the efficacy of this Noble Phantasm decreases against Heroic Spirits with a high rank of Divinity.
    It is an utopic, idyllic rapresentation of a microcosm at peace. However, due to its nature of not allowing confrontation to happen, this Noble Phantasm would inevitably and ultimately hinder the nature of the Holy Grail War by producing a stalemate, a deadlock. As such, Rider’s Master has forbidden him to unleash it with the use of a Command Spell.

In the past, for many hundreds of years, killing or harming living beings and improper behavior towards relatives, and improper behavior towards Brahmans and ascetics has increased. But now due to Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Priyadarśin's Dhamma practice, the sound of the drum has been replaced by the sound of the Dhamma. The sighting of heavenly cars, auspicious elephants, bodies of fire and other divine sightings has not happened for many hundreds of years. But now because Beloved-of-the-Gods, King Priyadarśin promotes restraint in the killing and harming of living beings, proper behavior towards relatives, Brahmans and ascetics, and respect for mother, father and elders, such sightings have increased.
    (Ashoka’s Major Rock Edict at Girnar)

Chandashoka Torture Paradise: Hell Constructed on Earth

According to the most heinous legends that arose around him, Ashoka was originally a very, very cruel man. In order to express his wickedness, the king ordered the construction of an elaborate as terrible torture gaol in the kingdom’s capital city.
    It was designed to appear as a paradisiac garden from the outside, a beautiful and attractive garden of delights and amenities. But once the unlucky fellow had crossed its gates, the palace would reveal itself for what it truly was behind its walls: a deceptive and terrible torture chamber based on descriptions of the Buddhist hell, and so convincing in its portrayal that the afraid people believed the emperor had visited hell itself in his quest to perfect its evil design. Through a pact made between Ashoka and the official executioner of the torture chamber anyone entering the palace, even by chance as a visitor or an innocent man, was not allowed to come out alive.
    The prison featured a collection of the most atrocious, sadistic and intense, as well as ultimately deadly, torture devices imaginable, including furnaces pouring molten metal over the unlucky, cauldrons of boiling water, blood, bone marrow and excrement in which to slowly boil to death the prisoners, etc.
    In the Ashokavadana, Ashoka has his change of heart not through a personal epiphany after the Kalinga war, but caused by witnessing the miracles of the Buddhist monk Samudra, who neutralized every torture inflicted on him thanks to his supernatural powers of meditation. The monk then admonishes the king, awakening him to his destiny as the righteous ruler foretold by Buddha. Ashoka is then said to have confessed his sins and to earnestly accept Buddha, and quickly destroyed the horrific torture chamber.
    In a way, it is the conceptual opposite of Devānāmpriya Priyadarśin, as it kills the targets via mundane methods regardless of the victim, while the latter employs nonviolent restraint originating from an irresistible and divine intervention, a symbol of mercy. It is designed to hold captive and also completely annihilate in overwhelming ways, such as it would be really difficult to survive even for an Heroic Spirit.
    Although Rider has the ability to summon this palace because recorded in his legend, in unison both Rider and his master have come to the agreement to not use this Noble Phantasm under any circumstance, due to the emotional distress it causes to the otherwise innocent Ashoka and the sheer brutality it represents. Evidently, some things are not worthy to employ in order to win, no matter what.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Design notes
    Ashoka, what are you doing? Ashoka, you’re making everyone feel inadequate. Ashoka stahp.

Wow, this one took forever to write, mostly because it was rather difficult to track down the actual legendary infos on him, most of what is floating around the internet doesn’t go beyond the wikipedia article... and what I found isn’t even his full legend!
    Anyway, this guy is totally rad. “The king we need, not the one we deserve”. Have some notes, because I have just touched the tip of the iceberg: he once went full Tomb Raider when collecting the Buddha’s relics, I kid you not (which would also make for a good pun with his class). Basically these relics were enshrined in an underground maze-like structure, guarded by what were, depending on the version, living robots of beasts and warriors armed with swords that could move around, or “just” bladed wheels on fire. He was a king who had Yakshas and gods and monks with magic powers on his speed dial.
    As a matter of fact, I actually had to cut down some NPs, because he was starting to have just too many, and too powerful. Aśvaratana: the Precious Horse and Hastiratana: the War Elephant, two others among the above mentioned Seven Treasures of a Chakravartin, and in this case the elephant would have been associated with the royal elephant (the elephant being by itself a symbol of royalty) that Radhagupta, a minister and faithful supporter of Ashoka convinced the future king to ride to Bindusara’s examination of the royal candidates, in order to appear even more regal (Radhagupta himself was a kind of ante-litteram Machiavelli, author of a treatise on ruling and kings like The Prince). The pair of Twin Swords come from the time Ashoka hired two powerful warriors to clear the path in front of him and declare he was going to become a Chakravartin in the future.
    And to top it all, the counterpart to his EX-rank NP, and in the usual style of exaggeration of myths from India, Akkhobhani: the Unshakeable Multitude, an army of war elephants, chariots, horses and infantry, comprised of humans and Yakshas and armed with divine weapons, as in the Ashokavadana his army was once equipped with such weapons by the spirits heeded Ashoka’s call, and the myriad of Yakshas the king would employ to build the 84,000 stupas. And in his sacred domain, Ashoka would be granted the blessing of Upagupta, which neutralizes the demon Mara, the Illusion of the World.

“Ashoka, one of the great monarchs of history, whose dominions extended from Afghanistan to Madras... is the only military monarch on record who abandoned warfare after victory. He declared, in certain inscriptions that still exist, that he would no longer seek conquest by war, but by religion, and the rest of his life was devoted to the spreading of Buddhism throughout the world. He seems to have ruled his vast empire in peace and with great ability. He was no mere religious fanatic. For eight and twenty years Asoka worked sanely for the real needs of men. Amidst the tens of thousands of names of monarchs that crowd the columns of history, their majesties and graciousnesses and serenities and royal highnesses and the like, the name of Asoka shines, and shines, almost alone, a star.”
    H. G. Wells, The Outline of History (1920)

The people of the unconquered territories beyond the borders might think: "What is the king's intentions towards us?" My only intention is that they live without fear of me, that they may trust me and that I may give them happiness, not sorrow. Furthermore, they should understand that the king will forgive those who can be forgiven, and that he wishes to encourage them to practice Dhamma so that they may attain happiness in this world and the next. I am telling you this so that I may discharge the debts I owe, and that in instructing you, that you may know that my vow and my promise will not be broken. Therefore acting in this way, you should perform your duties and assure them (the people beyond the borders) that: "The king is like a father. He feels towards us as he feels towards himself. We are to him like his own children." (Ashoka’s Major Rock Edict at Kalinga)

(Credits goes to Five_X for the original concept idea.)

Blog Entries
    Rider

Picture
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: B
    LUCK: A
    NP: A+

Class Skills

Riding (A+): The ability to ride animals and vehicles. Creatures on the level of Phantasmal Beasts and Divine Beasts can be used as mounts. However this does not apply to dragons.

Magical Resistance (D): The ability to resist magical spells and effects. At this rank, single action spells are cancelled out.

Personal Skills

Imperial Privilege (B+): Due to the insistence of the owner, Skills that are otherwise impossible to obtain can be acquired for a short time. This rank is not high enough to alter Rider’s body.

Divinity (D): Skill determining aptitude as a Divine Spirit. Due to the associations of the Roman emperor with divinity, as well as his association with the sun god, plus his own insistence, Rider possesses what might be called a nominal rank in this skill.

Blessings of the Sun (A+): Under direct sunlight, all of Rider’s parameters receive a rank up. Elagabalus was the high priest of Deus Sol Invictus/Elagabal, a solar god and as such receives his blessing when standing in sunlight.

Lover of Luxury (A): A skill similar to Golden Rule, however it draws in material luxuries instead of wealth. (In)famous for his decadence, excess, and lustfulness, it could be said to be a skill that embodies Elagabalus personally. Due to the extravagance of his possessions, money is actually lost due to this skill. In addition, it reduces Rider’s defence against mental interference, especially charm-type skills.

Protection of the Faith (B): An ability that grants additional protection as a reward to devout faith. A worshipper of Elagabal, Rider established him as higher than even Jupiter in the Roman Pantheon. Despite giving mental protection, it is essentially nullified by Lover of Luxury.

Noble Phantasms

Chariot of Emesa – Stone of the Sun (Anti-Army, B): The great chariot on which the Stone of Emesa, a meteorite considered sacred to Elagabal, was carried during festivals. A six horse chariot carries the stone, the horses huge and flawlessly white, with expensive gold fittings and rich ornaments. The stone that embodies a solar deity releases bright lights and scorching flames which wrap around the chariot, becoming a firestorm that razes the battlefield to ash.

Domus Luxuria – The Pavilion of Lust (Anti-Army, A+): The Noble Phantasm that truly represents the mark that Elagabalus left on history, one of decadence, luxury, extravagance, and indulgence of various desires. A fabulous palace filled with intoxicating scents and exotic creatures, it is Rider’s most beloved treasure. A bounded field that, once established, becomes almost impossible to leave. This is not due to any physical difficulty but rather because the palace will tempt its prisoners with all manner of delights to prevent them leaving. The thick fragrance within acts as a narcotic, dulling thought processes and draining the will to leave. As a climax to the feast, the prisoners are drowned in a flood of rose and violet petals.

Notes
    Rider is Marcus Aurelius Antoninus Augustus, better known as Elagabalus, an Emperor of Rome famed for his extravagance and decadence. He ranks alongside Nero and Caligula as one of the most infamous Emperors of Rome. Over his short reign he more or less alienated everyone in Rome due to his religious reforms, wild behaviour, and general crazy-emperorness, which is why he does not possess the Charisma skill. He was assassinated at the age of 18 by his bodyguards and replaced by his cousin.

Despite his reasonable stats and powerful Noble Phantasms, Rider is a difficult Servant at the best of times, as he would rather spend his time indulging himself in Domus Luxuria than participating in the war. He is average at best at hand-to-hand combat, though use of Imperial Privilege may rectify this. Living up to his reputation for loucheness, it is likely he will attempt to take his Master as his ‘bride’, which may provide further difficulties. If he actually wins the War, he wishes to incarnate himself into the world, to experience its pleasures once again.

This is my second or third go at this, since I tried to make him not too much like Oz. I still think it's kinda close, especially with the Phantasms. Solar vessel, fancy palace...
    Last edited by asterism42; June 22nd, 2015 at 07:11 PM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    I'm liking the skill based on hedonism.

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

Blog Entries
    I've decided, now that I can picture, to maybe add some images to some of my earlier profiles to make them a bit nicer to look at. Done Ganymede and Arachne at the very least.

Class: Assassin

STR: D
    END: D
    AGI: B
    MGI: E
    LCK: B

Class Skills

Presence Concealment (C): Hides ones presence as a Servant. Suitable for spying and disappearing in a crowd.

Personal Skills

Subversive Technique (B): Indicates training with a fighting style that was considered unorthodox in the Servant's
    time or culture. Assassin was a member of the Israelite tribe of Benjamin, whose members were trained to fight left-handed to
    confuse their enemies. It prevents any decrease in the effectiveness of Assassin's techniques, in order to recreate
    his advantage over his enemies.

Charisma (C): Capable of leading an army. Assassin was a Judge of Israel, and led its' armies against the Moabites.

Noble Phantasm

Eglon~Judgement of the Left Blade (C, Anti-Unit)

A killing technique reminscent of Assassin killing the Moabite king Eglon, after whom this Noble Phantasm is named.
    Before meeting with the king, Assassin forged a double-edged short-sword about eighteen inches long, useful for a
    stabbing thrust. After killing the king he hid the sword inside the dead man's stomach. The activation of this Noble
    Phantasm requires Assassin to make contact with his target's body with his left hand. Upon activation, a copy of the
    sword Assassin carries materializes inside their body, killing them if not severely debilitating them. Should Assassin
    maintain contact with the target, he can materialize more blades as long as he has prana available, but is still limited
    to one sword per invocation.

Background
    Ehud ben‑Gera is described in the biblical Book of Judges as a judge who was sent by God to deliver the Israelites
    from Moabite domination. Ehud was sent to the Moabite King Eglon on the pretext of delivering the Israelites' annual taxes.
    Being left-handed, he could conceal his sword on his right thigh, where it was not expected. Once they met, Ehud told Eglon he had a secret
    message for him. Eglon dismissed his attendants and allowed Ehud to meet him in private. Ehud said, "I have a message from God
    for you", drew his sword, and stabbed the king in his abdomen. Eglon was eviscerated by the blow, and he was so overweight
    that the sword disappeared into the wound and Ehud left it there. He locked the doors to the king's chamber and left.

Eglon's assistants returned when too much time had elapsed and found the doors locked. Assuming that he was relieving himself,
    they waited "to the point of embarrassment" before unlocking the door and finding their king dead. Ehud escaped and rallied the
    Israelite tribes, who killed the Moabites, cutting off the fords of the Jordan River, and invaded Moab itself, killing about
    10,000 Moabite soldiers.After the death of Eglon there was peace in the land for 80 years.
    Last edited by Funderfullness; June 30th, 2015 at 10:32 PM.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

Blog Entries
    Some pronoun trouble there.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One
    True Name: [ ]
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Talents: deception, oratory, craftiness

STR: C MGI: C
    END: B LCK: A
    AGI: A NP: B

Class and Personal Skills:___________________________________________ ________________________

Presence Concealment: A+
    It’s the capacity to hide one's presence as a Servant. It is a common skill to the Assassin class. It is possible to disappear completely and become almost impossible to be detected. However, efficacy will decrease once preparations to attack are taken.

Spoiler:
    Magic Resistance: B
    It grants protection against magical effects. At this level, it cancels spells with a chant below three verses. It’s important to note that the term "verse" refers to a set of three lines. Thus, a chant of three verses is equivalent to a Nine-Line incantation. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Eye of the Mind (True): B
    It’s a heightened capacity for observation, refined through experience. At this level, he’s capable of calm analysis of battle conditions even when in danger and deduce an appropriate course of action after considering all possibilities to escape from a predicament. So long there is even a 1% chance of a comeback, this ability greatly improves the chances of winning.

Indipendent Action: A
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. Acting in autonomy from the Master's prana supply, the Master can concentrate their own prana on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can not supply prana due to injury.
    At this level, the Servant can remain in this world for a week even after losing his Master. However, to use Noble Phantasms of great prana consumption, back up from the Master is necessary.

Information Erasure: B
    The removal of information regarding the Servant's true name, abilities, and appearance from the records and memories of all witnesses, including the opponent, following the conclusion of an engagement. This effect is enforced even within digital recordings by a closed-circuit camera in broad daylight. However, evidence of the engagement is not removed from the scene, and by way of logical deduction, the Servant's identity may be revealed.

Orator: A+
    The skill pertaining the ability to convey ideas and meaning through words. Assassin uses it to both give useful advice and confound in lies and deception his victims. At this point, this peculiar skill can be said to have reached the level of a mental interference curse, almost impossible to shrug off even if you know Assassin’s true intentions, and never failing to subtly convince unsuspecting victims. It obviously include the ability to both concentrating and quick thinking, always turning the situation to your advantage by words alone. A silver tongued-devil.

Noble Phantasms:________________________________________ _________________________________

ΟΥΤΙΣ
    OUTIS
    : My Name Is Nobody

A Noble Phantasm born from Odysseus’ common habit of disguising himself. It is always active, and as such there is no need to invoke it.
    Its effect is to not only completely blank out the psychic vision granted to Masters by the Heaven’s Feel system, but to actually remove any chance and way to recognize the user as ‘somebody’ at all. All stats and parameters, Skills and even the presence and classiification as ‘Servant Assassin’ are completely erased. Therefore he appears as a true Nobody, the paradox of an existing non-existence. More than ‘a thing’, but not enough to be conceptually recognized as ‘someone’. Visually it completely disguises Assassin as a black, heavy and empty cape, surrounded by a thick fog. At the same time, however, if necessary it allows to conceal and appear in the guise of seemingly harmless individuals, like beggars or old men.
    Even further, it grants immunity from being targeted by Anti-Unit Noble Phantasm, although this doesn’t protect him from unaimed attacks and damage, typical of Anti-Army Noble Phantasms.
    This being said, however, Assassin’s craftiness is matched only by his hubris, his deep-seated egotism that therefore slips through his self-restraint at times, so he’ll eventually drop hints of his real identity, willingly or not.
    As a side note, when dispelled, Assassin’s reveal his true appearance, twisted by the darker side of his legend, in a grotesque visage: a bloodied face disfigured by the hits of a whip, a necessary disguise to alter his appearance during one of his secret raids during the Trojan War.

Πολύτροπο
    Polytropos
    : The Man of Many Ways

Strictly speaking, this Noble Phantasm is in itself the mind of the man that travelled across almost the whole known world, from one coast to the other, and that even when put against the wrath of men, monsters and gods always managed to eventually come back on top; a man who, through preparation and scheming, is never at a loss but maintains an advantage over his enemies. The crystallization of Odysseus’ craftiness.
    It takes the form of a mental scenario confined to Assassin’s mind, a “room for meditation” where Assassin can craft every sort of device and instrument useful to reach his goals. One night, when sharing a psychic link with the Servant, Assassin’s Master is allowed to take a glimpse into this private world: a dimly-lit chamber filled with all sorts of ideas in material form, from chains that grow stronger the more effort is put into breaking free, a trumpet and war drum that awaken the fighting spirit, a shield that casts a spell of protection from fate, a letter of forged informations, a bag designed to imprison Elementals and Nature Spirits, and even a colossal horse of wood dominating the display, almost touching the roof. All of these, and the new ideas that arise from his mind, when manifested into the physical world, can be said to be his Noble Phantasms, drawing inspiration from everything he has witnessed and can imagine.

As Archer

Nostos Climax: Closed Room of Murder
    Type: Anti-Team

The crystallization of Odysseus’ final struggle that concludes his years of strife and wandering. The slaying of the 108 Proci, after which he is revealed as the returned Odysseus and the legitimate ruler of Ithaca, officially reuniting with his family.
    It’s a bounded field limited to any place or location that Assassin can identify as a ‘closed space’. Upon invocation, every possible entrance and exit is magically sealed shut, preventing anyone else to interfere. Furthermore, every object that can be recognized as an armament, which includes even Noble Phantasms, is automatically sealed and forced to dematerialize, with the exception of Assassin’s weapons and in particular the one known as Bow of Eurytus.
    And at this point, Assassin’s gruesome and unrelenting game of death can begin...
    Although it can be stealthily and silently activated as a trap (activating automatically whenever Assassin and his target are found indoor at the same time), it must be prepared and set up in advance, and so Assassin has to lure the opponent inside one way or another. Even further, although it is impossible to escape through any recognizable way out, it is possible to exploit a loophole by directly tearing down walls or other confining surfaces, bursting out of the barrier, if one is strong enough to cause such damage barehanded in the first place.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

“Nobody. I am Nobody. I am a tramp, a beggar, a vagrant. A hunched old man and a lunatic. And a sharp blade, if you get too close to me” – Odysseus paraphrasing Charles Manson.

Anyway, arguably the worst servant you could summon. You think Gilgamesh is difficult to handle? An Assassin Odysseus is 100% sure to turn on you at any moment. His cape is made from death flags.

This is one of the oldest ideas I’ve had for a servant. It goes back to when I first saw this image, and it combined with the picture of a bandaged, defaced Odysseus.

Blog Entries
    True Name: Rashid ad-Din Sinan
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

STR: ***** B
    END: ***** C
    AGI: ***** A
    MGI: **** E
    LCK: ***** B
    NP: ***** C

Keywords
    KEYWORDS

Hashshashin

A religious organization of Nizari Ismailis that was once active in the Persian region. The Nizari Ismailis were an Islamic sect that formed in the late 11th century from a split within Isma'ilism, itself a branch of Shia Islam. Its name became the origin for the modern term “assassin”.

According to records, the organization was founded by a man called Hassan-i Sabbah – later known simply as the Old Man of the Mountain – around the time of the First Cruzade. Lacking in numbers and having enemies everywhere, the Hashshashins could not afford to engage in a open conflict with the other Islamic factions. So, they chose fight by means of subterfuge and guerrilla warfare instead.

At first, they carried out assassinations only as a means of self-preservation: their targets were always those guilty of crimes against the Ismailis, or whose elimination would benefit their community as a whole. The common population was never targeted. However, with time things changed, and that became the Hashshashins’ favored method of promoting their own agenda. Religious and political rivals were often killed in public, with as much witnesses as possible, so that their deaths would serve as intimidation for other potential enemies.

Generally viewed as a secret order of professional killers, the stories of the countless assassinations performed by these men brought fear to the hearts of many. Their reputation spread far and wide, eventually causing an entire image of mysticism to be created around them. But, as a matter of fact, only a small portion of Nizari actually engaged in such bloody activities.

Fida’iyin

Fida’iyin. This Arabic word holds the meaning of “those who sacrifice themselves”. In modern times, it is employed as a general term for militants who, due to being thoroughly loyal to a given ideology, have no qualms about self-sacrifice.

The religious organization established by Hassan-i Sabbah possessed a strict hierarchical structure. At the bottom of said structure were the lasiqs (roughly, acolytes), young neophytes who had just began their spiritual training. Among those lasiqs, the most promising ones would be selected to receive special instruction that would turn them into fida’iyin.

Despite being treated as nothing more than expendable pawns, these fida’iyin were the true cornerstone of the Hashshashins. Highly skilled operatives, they were in charge of the important missions of assassination and espionage. Much time and resources were invested in their training, by the end of which they would acquire not only outstanding physical prowess, but also the cold and calculating mentality necessary to carry out their missions. Also, since these missions would often involve infiltrating enemy communities for extended periods of time, it wasn’t uncommon for them to also be knowledgeable about other cultures and languages.

This is a digression, but there has always been much doubt on how the Hashshashins were able to instill their fida’iyin with such fanatical loyalty towards the religious organization. One popular – but also very controversial – theory was that psychedelic drugs and brainwashing techniques were extensively employed during their training period.

CLASS SKILLS

Presence Concealment: B
    The technical skill to suppress one's presence as a Servant. In short, it is something like erasing one’s presence by thoroughly restraining the emission of prana coming from the Servant – who is a mass of prana. At B Rank, not only he can suppress his presence completely, but is also possible to employ this Skill during battle. However, the rank of Presence Concealment drops greatly when he himself makes preparations to attack.

PERSONAL SKILLS

Charisma: C-
    The natural talent to command an army corps. Raises the abilities of one's own army on group battles. A rare talent. Leadership skills suitable for a great general that leads an entire military force.

However, performance is unreliable towards those who do not share the same ideology, religious views as him.

Multi-Talented: B
    Competent in all fields. Versatility obtained through extensive study and accumulation of experience. A total of 12 vocational Skills can be employed with a proficiency level of C Rank or above.

In his case, corresponding Skills include arts, espionage, medicine, politics and others.

Protection of the Faith: A+
    A Skill possessed only by those who sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being called a divine protection, there are no blessings from a supreme being. There is only the absoluteness of one’s mind・body that is born from faith. Induces abnormalities on the personality if its rank is too high.

Weapons

Kard
    A dagger regarded as particular of the Islamic communities from the Persian region. The exact time of its invention is unknown, but most scholars agree that it has been around since before the 18th Century.

The kard lacks a guard and has a straight, single-edge blade of roughly 40cm. A weapon meant for stabbing, its tip is usually reinforced in order to penetrate light armor such as chain mail. A hilt that is partially covered by the sheath is said to be the greatest distinctive trait of this weapon.

Since they often carried out covert operations in the middle of enemy territory, the Hashshashins favored the use of small arms that could be easily concealed such as this. Also, their weapons would often be coated in poison.

NOBLE PHANTASM

Shaikh al-Jabal – Semblance of a Head
    Type: Anti-Unit (self)
    Assassin’s skull-shaped mask. The symbol of Rashid ad-Din Sinan’s tour de force. Also, the crystallization of the paradoxical nature behind Hassan-i Sabbah’s existence.

Old Man of the Mountain (Shaik al-Jabal). An epithet that is strongly associated with Hassan-i Sabbah. However, this was originally something that belonged to Sinan. After many twists and turns, it later got attached to Hassan… or rather, to the position of chief of the Hashshashins itself.

In addition, tradition demanded for the head of that religious organization to not possess a “face” of their own. Upon inheriting the name of Hassan-i Sabbah, they would remove their nose and facial skin and become faceless. A ritual that represented the sacrifice of one’s individuality in order to dedicate oneself entirely to the fulfillment of a role.

To be nobody; this also means that one can become anybody. In a sense, it could be said that their identities would from that point on belong to the Old Man of the Mountain.

While this Noble Phantasm is active, Assassin can assume the original appearance of any of the 19 chiefs of the Hashshashins. A perfect transformation that is almost impossible to be seen through, it can even deceive the clairvoyant powers of the Master. Among his personal status, any information that might lead to the discovery of his True Name will be replaced with those of the Hassan that he is impersonating.

Background
    BACKGROUND

Rashid ad-Din Sinan. A fida’iyin who once held a central position among the Nizari Ismailis of Syria. Throughout the 12th Century, Sinan’s leadership allowed the local Nizari to grow into a faction that simply could not be ignored. Also, the legends of the Assassins were born out of the activities of the fida’iyin under his command, and Sinan himself became famous as a model of he “Old Man of the Mountain”.

Born around 1130 in the Persian city of Basra (in modern day Iraq), Sinan was the son of a modest Ismaili family. In his youth, he acted as a simple da'i (missionary) of the Ismaili faith in his hometown. His duties involved mostly serving as a teacher of the children, providing medical help for the sick and injured, among other things. Still, later he would become affiliated with the Nizari sect and depart to deepen his theological studies at the castle of Alamut. Said Alamut Castle was both the greatest center of religious teaching of the Nizari sect and the headquarters of the infamous Hashshashins.

Owner of outstanding talents, Sinan was eventually selected to receive training as a fida’iyin. In here as well he displayed an aptitude that by far overshadowed his peers, impressing the leadership of Alamut. Then, around 1162, the death of Abu Muhammad – a da'i who was regarded as a leadership figure among the Nizari believers in Syria – sent the local Nizaris into chaos. Given his superior capacity and also the indication of a political ally, Sinan was nominated as Muhammad's successor by the Alamut leadership and tasked with the settlement of the crisis.

For the next 30 years, Sinan commanded the Syrian Nizari sect from the Al-Kahf Castle, near the city of Masyaf.

When Sinan first arrived in Syria, he found that the nation was caught in an intricate situation due the power struggle between the weakening Fatimid Caliphate, the Zengid Dynasty and the Frankish Crusaders. Under these circumstances, several smaller political and religious factions struggled to survive however they could – among which was the local Ismaili community. The once united Ismailis had thoroughly split themselves into the Mustaali and Nizari sects, and disorganization and disunity were widespread even within those sects.

Upon assuming the leadership, Sinan invested all efforts into consolidating the position of the Ismailis within Syrian society and solving the many internal problems plaguing the Nizari sect. With his strong personality and great intellect, he was able to solve the internal dissension among the Syrian Nizaris. Against external threats, he promoted alliances with the other Syrian factions and reorganized the fida'iyin trained in Masyaf, starting to actively employ them in espionage missions for the interests of the Naziri sect.

By then, King Nur al-Din of the Zengid Dynasty – a fierce supporter of the Sunni Islan faction (the most predominant at the time) – began to view the Nizaris as a more dangerous threat than even the Crusaders, and repeatedly persecuted them. In response, Sinan developed a tacit cooperation with the Crusaders, which eventually lead to a formal alliance with King Amalric of Jerusalem, in 1172. With Nur al-Din's death in 1174, a new enemy presented itself in the form of the Sultan Saladin, who by that time had overthrown the Fatimid Caliphate and revived the Ayyubids Dynasty under his rule. In his quest to conquer new territories, Saladin began to invade lands belonging to the Ismailis, which incurred Sinan's enmity.

By 1176, two failed attempts against Saladin's life had been made by Sinan and his fida'iyin. As retribution, Saladin ordered his troops to siege the Masyaf fortress at first, but soon changed his mind and had them disengage after little more than a week. Many theories exist about the reasons behind Saladin's sudden withdraw, including the persuasion of political allies to an increase of Frankish military activities near Mount Lebanon. One particularly famous anecdote tells that, one night, Sinan infiltrated the heavily guarded Ayyubid camp all by himself, reaching as far as Saladin's quarters. Once there, he left a poisoned dagger and a warning note beside the Sultan's pillow. Upon waking up in the morning and finding the gifts left behind by Sinan, Saladin felt dread as never before in his life and readily agreed to sign an armistice with the Nizari.

Afterwards, the situation of the Nizari sect in Syria underwent a period of relative peace and stability. However, after the conquest of Jerusalem by Saladin in 1187, there was an increase in the Crusaders' activities, which eventually resulted in the Third Crusade. By that point, the relationship between the Nizari sect and the Crusaders had taken a turn for the worse, leading Sinan to form an alliance with Saladin against them.

The Nizari fida'iyin were repeatedly dispatched against the Cruzaders, bringing fear to the hearts of the European knights with their ruthless methods. Such fear gave birth to many groundless rumors, which in turn developed into the legends of the Assassins that became popular across Europe. Sinan's last noteworthy accomplishment was ordering the assassination of Conrad of Montferrat, in 1191. Following that, he retired from the central stage and eventually died of old age about a year later.

Head of the Assassins

While Sinan played a great role in the circumstances surrounding Syria, little can be said about his contributions towards the Nizari faith itself. Around 1164, the Nizari religious leader (imam) of Alamut proclaimed Qiyamah - the abrogation of Sharia law. It has been said that Sinan established his own independent doctrine regarding this Qiyamah; something only possible because he enjoyed great popularity among his followers, being treated as a semi-divine figure. And yet, there are no historical records of Sinan alleging to be a imam himself. Furthermore, there are little evidences suggesting that he ever consulted with the leadership of Alamut before taking any politcal or military. Some take all this as evidence of Sinan having independence tendencies towards Alamut.

However, the truth was a little more complicated than that.

The internal dissension which Sinan confronted early in his career was not something particular of the Syrian Nizari. Rather, the Nizari sect as a whole was highly fragmented at the time due to a weak central leadership. Even the Hashshashins were no exception, while that generation's successor of the name Hassan-i Sabbah displayed suitable competence as an assassin, his capacity as a chief was far too lacking. As such, divergence was born within the organization.

In this sort of context, it was matter-of-course that a natural leader such as Sinan would flourish.

After he successfully settled the affairs in Syria, Sinan's popularity spread like wildfire among the Nizaris. As a consequence, his influence within the sect also grew accordingly. This was to the point that even in lands far away from Syria, his voice had greater weight than the local heads. In time, even the central leadership became nothing but figureheads, and the real power over the Nizari sect gathered in his hands. Despite being outraged by the situation, those figureheads could do nothing about it, for Sinan's existence was the the only thing allowing the sect to maintain a semblance of unity.

Long story short, Alamut was reduced to a mere facade maintained for the sake of appearances and traditions. The only true authority within the Assassins was no other than the Old Man of the Mountain.

Master of Chaos' Servant Standards

F/GO ID: 011416057/カオス

quote for higher truth
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Get famous in America, you're American. That's literally how America works.
    Unless you're Justin Bieber, Canada didn't want him, but America refuses to claim responsibility
    Quote Originally Posted by In a certain South Park episode...
    Kyle Broflovski: And what happens when an invulnerable cheater comes up against an elitist corporate dictator?
    Eric Cartman: A perfect storm of hypocrisy that everyone in the country has to deal with for months on end.

Class:
    Lancer

STR: C-
    END: C-
    AGI: B-
    MGI: C
    LCK: E

Equipment: Lancer carries a large gilded crucifix as her main weapon, which is effective against unholy creatures
    such as undead. She also carries a book of sacraments and wears a habit whose cloth can be made into a holy shroud.

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (C+): Cancels spells two verses or shorter. Lancer was noted to walk into furnaces and freezing rivers yet
    emerge unscathed due to her divine protection, so her Magic Resistance is treated as Rank A with respect to fire or ice attacks.

Personal Skills

Saint (B+): Lancer is acknowledged as a patron saint of people with mental health disorders and those who
    work with them. The effectiveness of sacraments is raised, particularly those that purge mental interference,
    and her own healing factor is accelerated.

Protection of the Faith (A+): The absoluteness of body and soul born from faith, completely protecting Lancer from mental
    attacks. However, it leaves her with a personality that cannot be understood by someone without the same devotion.

Seizure (B): A negative skill inherited by illness in one's previous life. Due to suffering from regular epileptic
    seizures, the success rate of physical skills decreases considerably. After each episode, Lancer's physical parameters
    are halved for nearly an hour.

Noble Phantasms

Sint-Truiden~Smell of Sin (B, Magecraft)

Upon "dying" for the first time, Lancer was shown Hell, Purgatory and Heaven, seeing all the suffering of those who could
    not see God. The holy light seared itself into her eyes and transformed them into divine Mystic Eyes. Lancer possesses
    Mystic Eyes of Suffering, which allow her to look into people's souls, living or dead and see what pains them, mentally or
    physically. She can read other emotions to a limited degree, but sufficient amounts of pain or despair can cause an individual
    to light up like a beacon and be seen from nearly a mile away. Differing from a high rank in Discernment of the Poor, which
    is one's own learned ability to see into people's hearts, these Eyes see the scars that trauma etches onto a person's mind.
    Though to call them "eyes" would be a misnomer, as Lancer can extend it to all her senses, such as smell and hearing,
    so a more accurate term for this ability would be "Mystic Synesthesia". Combined with her near-perfect mental clarity,
    Lancer maintains a complete tactile awareness of her surroundings, her opponents and their weak points.

Sint-Truiden~Who Has Returned From The Other World? (B+, Anti-Unit)

A baptismal rite that Lancer created and can only be used by her. It is empowered by her Mystic Eyes seeing the pain of others
    and replicating it within Lancer's own body and mind. As she shares this sympathetic link with more and more individuals, feeling
    physical pain and experiencing traumatic memories, divine energy begins to radiate within her. Similar to exorcists of the Church
    whose bodies sprout grotesque spikes in the presence of powerful evil, the suffering "collected" by Lancer produces a brilliant
    spear of solid energy. It can be used as a melee weapon, but its real purpose is shown when thrown or simply launched by Lancer's
    will. Upon striking the target all the specific physical and mental pain used to create the spear is transferred to them, as well
    as a physical wound from the spear itself. An assault on both fronts, it is a difficult attack to endure. Its power is increased
    if Lancer adds in her own pain, especially while she is weakened by one of her frequent seizures.

Background
    Christina Mirabilis, also known as Saint Christina the Astonishing, was a Belgian Christian saint.

Born a peasant, she suffered a massive seizure when she was in her early 20s. Her condition was so severe that witnesses assumed
    she had died. A funeral was held, but during the service, she "arose full of vigor, stupefying with amazement the whole city of
    Sint-Truiden, which had witnessed this wonder. "She levitated up to the rafters, later explaining that she could not bear the
    smell of the sinful people there. Then "the astonishment increased when they learned from her own mouth what had happened to her
    after her death."

She related that she had witnessed Heaven, Hell and Purgatory. She said that as soon as her soul was separated from her body,
    angels conducted it to a very gloomy place, entirely filled with souls whose torments endured there were such that that it was
    impossible for them to describe. She claimed that she had been offered a choice either to remain in heaven or return to earth
    to perform penance to deliver souls from the flames of Purgatory. Christina agreed to return to life and arose that same
    moment. She told those around her that for the sole purpose of relief of the departed and conversion of sinners did she return.

"The angels then transported me into Heaven, even to the throne of the Divine Majesty. The Lord regarded me with a favourable
    eye, and I experienced an extreme joy, because I thought to obtain the grace of dwelling eternally with Him. But my Heavenly
    Father, seeing what passed in my heart, said to me these words: "Assuredly, my dear daughter, you will one day be with Me. Now,
    however, I allow you to choose, either to remain with Me henceforth from this time, or to return again to earth to accomplish a
    mission of charity and suffering. In order to deliver from the flames of Purgatory those souls which have inspired you with so
    much compassion, you shall suffer for them upon earth; you shall endure great torments, without, however, dying from their effects.
    And not only will you relieve the departed, but the example which you will give to the living, and your life of continual suffering,
    will lead sinners to be converted and to expiate their crimes. After having ended this new life, you shall return here laden with merits."

Christina renounced all comforts of life, reduced herself to extreme destitution, dressed in rags, lived without home or hearth,
    and not content with privations she eagerly sought all that could cause her suffering. At first, she fled human contact; and
    suspected of being possessed, was jailed. Upon her release, she took up the practice of extreme penance. she would throw herself
    into burning furnaces and there suffered great tortures for extended times, uttering frightful cries, yet coming forth with no
    sign of burns upon her. In winter she would plunge into the frozen river for hours and even days and weeks at a time, all the
    while praying to God and imploring God's mercy. She sometimes allowed herself to be carried by the currents downriver to a mill
    where the wheel "whirled her round in a manner frightful to behold," yet she never suffered any dislocations or broken bones. She
    was chased by dogs which bit and tore her flesh. She would run from them into thickets of thorns, and, though covered in blood,
    she would return with no wound or scar.

After being incarcerated a second time, she moderated her approach somewhat, upon her release. Christina died at the Dominican
    Monastery of Saint Catherine in Sint-Truiden, of natural causes, aged 74. The prioress there later testified that, despite her
    behavior, Christina would humbly and fully obey any command given her by the prioress.

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Personally i think the NP is a bit too weak.

Like it really only matter if for some reason theres another Hassan in the War or if someone else fought an Hassan in a previous war or something.

Like generally those "mask your identity NPs" generally also hide an even bigger NP behind it. This one is just underwhelming

"Oh no! It's not actually the Hassan that can rip people heart! It's just a similar assassin with no real offensive capabilities"

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A Hassan won a Grail War in 3 days in Apo timeline.
    Then everyone wanted a Hassan, so people developed countermeasures so then people started summoning other Assassins due to that. That's why we see Jack and Semi etc.
    So then this guy is basically a fake out made for that situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.