Page 116 of 782 FirstFirst ... 1666106111114115116117118121126166216616 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    But fist servants are awesome. Using a weapon is so cliche.

The only problem is that you can only ever put fist servants into the assassin/zerker class profiles, and that limits your options a bunch.
    Maces, too. You'd be hard-pressed to find a class for Bhima, Duryodhana, and Balarama outside Berserkers... Balarama and Bhima is a good fit, but Duryodhana is everything but berserking (he's more of a cowardly Siegfried/Achilles).

Makes me want to do Parashurama next, but I'm not really familiar with Parashurama's legend. One thing i'm sure is he can be a sort of a sane Lancelot due to him depicted to be the peerless expert of all Indian weaponry.

@Cyber: I loved how you did the Lady of Shalott. Dat mixture of gamebreaker and weaksauce :3

@G-Man: After Gatotkaca killed that giant with his baby teeth, the gods thought the perfect gift for him will be to dump the baby into their forge (called the Candradimuka crater in the legend). They did that, and a few days later Gatotkaca emerged as a young Terminator he is known most of his life as. At that point the gods are quite pleased with their handywork and gave him the set of three equipments. Yeah, The Javanese can make up some crazy stuff.
    Last edited by Gunbazca; June 16th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Angel View Post
    I don't know, considering how negotiable the Archer class seems to be, 'I throw fists at you' could be sufficient...

Just punch so hard the force travels a distance and you're in.
    Is there even a servant that can throw punches so hard that the air comes off of it and hits you? Probably Heracles, but even then the backlash is only a few metres.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple View Post
    Is there even a servant that can throw punches so hard that the air comes off of it and hits you? Probably Heracles, but even then the backlash is only a few metres.
    To be fair, neither does "I'm an Archer because my door spits out swords at you." Mostly I was just imagining something like the "punching projectiles" in Asura's Wrath to be silly, lol. He just punches repeatedly so hard the force is its own ranged projectile attack.
    Last edited by Sunny; June 16th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Time to complete Japan's most awesome adventuring party...except for Kintoki. I don't have plans to stat Sakata no Kintoki any time soon.

Spoiler:

URABE NO SUETAKE (卜部 季武)
    Class: Archer

Height: 167.1 cm
    Weight: 71 kg

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance:
    Suetake-idea_baryan_645be9cbee7a8e4dc9e1fb4983f4a94e.jpg

Strength C
    Endurance B
    Agility B
    Magic D
    Luck B
    Noble Phantasm D+

Class Skills:
    * Independent Action: The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the prana supply from the Master. At the higher ranks it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract (Archer-class only).
    B – Capable of remaining in this world for two days without an established contract. Also capable of living on for a short period of time after suffering extensive damage on his spiritual core.
    * Magic Resistance: Grants protection against magical effects.
    C – Cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against Magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Personal Skills:
    * Bravery: The ability to negate mental interference such as pressure, confusion and fascination.
    B – At this rank all but the most potent and/or esoteric mental interference effects can be neutralized.
    * Eye of the Mind (True): Heightened insight that was refined through experience.
    D – Capable of calm and complete analysis of battle conditions before the initiation of hostilities. Provides an accurate assessment of the risk-versus-reward ratio of the upcoming confrontation, as well as all possibilities to escape from the engagement.

Noble Phantasms:
    * Konjaku Yuumu – Of Things Both Ponderous and Ephemeral (夢, Ghostly Dream of Past and Present)
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 3-70
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

A Noble Phantasm that comes not from history, but from the convoluted reinterpretation of legends. Rather than the symbol of Suetake’s legend, it is an amalgamation of different interpretations of the same tale for the purpose of building a legend. The weapon of a man the world no longer remembers with awe. It represents both the events of Suetake’s encounter with the ubume at Mino and the samurai’s overall disdain towards things such as ghosts and other lesser supernatural entities. Somewhat expectedly, ordinary arrows fired from this bow gain the “anti-Fiendish Kind” attribute.

By infusing an arrow with his prana and burying the arrow in a corpse, Suetake may reanimate the body as one of The Dead (Shisha), which then acts as a familiar under his command. The most powerful effect of the bow, however, arises when the arrows strike a living being. Rather than the bow, it is these arrows that could be considered Suetake’s Noble Phantasm: Yuufu – Malicious Path to the Glimmering Depths (符). Every arrow that strikes its target’s body and inflicts damage also doubles the target’s weight. The body suffers no alteration other than a curse mark appearing on the location the arrow struck. The effect is thus not a transmutation of matter, but a thaumaturgical effect that “fools” the planet into increasing its attractive force upon the target…or perhaps a curse that commands invisible spirits to latch to the target and push him down. Nobody really knows, least of all Suetake himself.

Background
    The least known (or remembered) of the Shitennou, Minamoto no Yorimitsu’s loyal adventuring companions. His formal name was Taira no Suetake.

Unlike his other samurai companions, he favored attacking from a safe distance with bow and arrows. Even in occasions when he was caught without a sword, he would have a bow and ammo close by. Maybe the reason there is not much about him in record is his utter and absolute normalcy. He considered himself a normal, utterly plain person, without any particularly distinguishing feature, either physical or emotional. He was not rambunctious and enthusiastic like Yorimitsu, or quiet and cool like Sadamitsu. He lacked Watanabe’s passion for battle and Kintoki’s bizarrely unstable personality. He was just a normal guy, loyal to a fault and brave enough to follow his reckless leader to his many adventures. It could be said that it is the combined fame of the ‘Shitennou’ name that carried Suetake to the Throne of Heroes, rather than his individual accomplishments. His Noble Phantasm is not a weapon or technique he possessed in life, either.

The one story concerning Suetake that has survived the trial of time is that of his encounter with the uzume youkai in the river in the Mino region. Known for his disregard of things like ghosts and other haunting spirits, Suetake took to disproving a certain local tale concerning the spirit of a woman that fooled people to a watery death. After safely crossing the river where the ghost supposedly appeared and leaving an arrow embedded in a tree on the other side as prove of his achievement, Suetake placidly made his way across the river a second time. On the way he was indeed met by a woman in a white kimono, who asked him to carry her baby safely to shore. Despite knowing what would happen if he did as requested, Suetake took the bundle with him and resumed his way. As expected, the bundle became heavier and heavier with every step, but Suetake did not stop walking, proving his strength by fearlessly holding to the cursed bundle. Even when the ghost futilely wailed at him and begged him to give her the “baby” back, Suetake only mocked her and continued walking until reaching dry ground safely. With the ghost banished, Suetake unfolded the bundle, which surprisingly contained nothing but dry leaves which scattered and broke apart into dust.

Spoiler:

WATANABE NO TSUNA (渡辺 綱)
    Servant: Saber

Height: 176 cm
    Weight: 70 kg

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: A handsome man of soft features. However, unlike his liege, Watanabe’s masculinity cannot be doubted. His smooth, soft cheeks are framed by a squared jaw and sharp brows. He has black hair cut very short, almost military style, and only the barest hint of facial hair can be seen over the corners of his pale lips. He wears a loose silk gray shirt with geometric motifs and a knee-length dark grey hakama.

Strength B
    Endurance B
    Agility A
    Magic B
    Luck C
    Noble Phantasm E+

Class Skills:
    A – Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected. The resistance boost from the Saber class is further enhanced by the properties gained from his demonic right arm.
    * Riding: Expertise to ride animals and vehicles.
    B – Most vehicles can be handled with above-average skill. However, he cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Races such as Demonic Beast and Holy Beast-rank creatures.

Personal Skills:
    * Battle Continuation: The strength of vitality for predicaments. Also, the ability to withdraw from combat and reach allied territory alive after being defeated.
    C – Immunity to shock. Regardless of the injury, Watanabe no Tsuna will not lose focus or suffer degradation of combat skills.
    * Monstrous Strength (False): An ability possessed by monsters and beasts. Temporary boost of the Strength parameter by one rank for a time limit determined by the ranking of this skill
    B+ – The longer Watanabe no Tsune is under the influence of this Skill, the higher the chance of succumbing to Crimson Red Vermillion.
    * Self-Modification: The aptitude to merge one’s own flesh with body parts of others. The higher the ranking in this skill, the further away one is from being a proper hero.
    C – Allows Watanabe no Tsuna to replace his right arm with the arm of the oni, Ibaraki-douji.

Noble Phantasms:
    * Onikiri – The Decisive Slash before Rashoumon
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2
    Maximum number of targets: 1 person

Originally known as Sun-nashi, then as Tomokiri and later as Higekiri; it would later be known as Shishi-no-ko, then as Tomokiri once again, and then finally as Onikirimaru. Formally known as Onikiri Yasutsuna. It is a practical katana of the highest quality, with a nagasa length of 84.5 cm and sori of 3.5 cm. The sword was a gift from Watanabe’s beloved liege, Minamoto no Yorimitsu.

Watanabe no Tsuna’s signature blade received its most popular name after it was used to sever the arm of the oni, Ibaraki-douji, before the Rashoumon Gate in Kyoto. Naturally, the legend has been assimilated in the form of a weapon that carries the “anti-Fiendish Kind” property.

In spite of its simple design, Onikiri is a strange blade with a bizarre property: “equalization of tangential speed”. Normally, when swinging an object such as a sword, while the rotational speed of the sword is generally a constant, the tangential speed of different points along the length of the blade will be of course different. Onikiri’s effect forces reality to accept the impossibility of all points along the length of the blade to move at the same tangential speed. This would result in “movement that is physically impossible”, so the action is reinterpreted as “equalization of the result of the movement” rather than “equalization of the movement itself”. In other words, it takes Onikiri’s wielder the same amount of energy to cut an object using the far tip of the blade that it takes with the part of the blade closest to the grip. It is an absurdly specific and overspecialized feature of the blade that nonetheless acts as a boon to the swordsman, as it allows him to minimize the amount of effort necessary to attack, no matter the method.

Background
    One of the Four Heavenly Kings (Shitennou), the most faithful attendants of the great Japanese hero, Minamoto no Yorimitsu. The other members of the Shitennou are equally powerful and famous: Urabe no Suetake, Usui no Sadamitsu and Sakata no Kintoki.

Watanabe is well-known as a critical participant in many of Yorimitsu’s exploits, most notable of them being the massacre at Mount Ooe, in which the great hero defeated the overlord of oni, Shutendouji. However, Watanabe’s heroic status is more closely associated with one of his individual feats.

Watanabe was dispatched by Yorimitsu to verify rumors of an oni stationed before the Rashoumon Gate at Heian-kyo, and place a charm on the gate if there proved to be no such creature there. Soon after he arrived, Watanabe was ambushed by the oni, Ibaraki-souji, one of Shutendouji’s lieutenants, also known as the Shitennou among their kind. The treacherous attack cleanly cut Watanabe’s right arm, but the samurai did not falter and, with one sweep of his Higekiri, he chopped off Ibaraki-douji’s right arm as well, causing the howling demon to flee. It is because of this feat that Watanabe’s katana became known as Onikiri from that moment onwards. As a means to prove his might, Watanabe replaced his lost arm with the arm he claimed from Ibaraki-douji. The supernatural limb granted him incredible strength and toughness.

Some years later, he received an unexpected visit from his dear aunt, Mashiba. Regardless, he welcomed her into his house and treated her with much honor. Relaxed as he was, it was easy for the woman to strike at him from his blind spot, ripping the demonic arm off his shoulder with risible effort. It would have been easy for the old lady—Ibaraki-douji in disguise—to slay Watanabe in that moment. However, the samurai’s reputation and the trauma from their first encounter drove the oni to cut his gains and escape with his arm. Watanabe thus survived the encounter, and he would live to partake in many other adventures with his heroic companions, most notably the famous legend of the pacification of Ooeyama.

Like Urabe, Watanabe was aware of the fact that both Yorimitsu and Usui were in fact women posing as males and, like Urabe, took the secret to his grave.

Keyword
    Right Arm of the Demon: Watanabe no Tsuna replaced the arm he lost in the battle of Mount Ooe with the arm of the demon he defeated at Rashoumon, Ibaraki-douji. The fact he actually survived the implantation of the arm of a member of the Fiendish Kind speaks volumes of his endurance. Even if he lost the arm later in his life, he has recovered it as a Heroic Spirit. The limb has fully merged with his flesh; Watanabe no Tsuna has become an artificial half-breed gifted with incredible strength and toughness. The oni blood has mixed with his to the point that he may, under certain conditions, abandon his humanity and enter the states known as Inversion Impulse and even Crimson Red Vermillion.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; June 18th, 2012 at 03:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    I don't have plans to stat Sakata no Kintoki any time soon.
    Ya don't need to, Apocrypha already turned him into a badass disco samurai.

In other words, it takes Onikiri’s wielder the same amount of energy to cut an object using the far tip of the blade that it takes with the part of the blade closest to the grip.
    Wait, I'm confused. Isn't it harder (and thus, takes more energy) to cut an object using the part of the blade that's closest to the grip? It's easier to cut using the far tip cuz' that's where all the momentum is going when you swing it (just like a chain or whip or any swung weapon is most dangerous at the tip).

Could have sworn I've seen that mentioned in plenty of manga with swordsmen before. It's why, in the scenes where they stop an enemy's blade bare-handed with one hand, they tend to grab the enemy's blade closer to the hilt. Or did you mean the reverse (ie - it takes the same amount of energy to cut an object using the part closest to the grip as it does using the far tip of the blade)?

Beyond that, Watanabe seemed kind of... underwhelming. You went and gave Suetake two very useful NPs, but Watanabe get's an E+ Rank sword that is just as effective at cutting with any part of the blade when swung. It seemed... lacking somehow, especially compared to Mr. I-Was-A-Super-Ordinary-Archer-But-Now-I-Have-Two-NPs. I still liked it, and Suetake's profile, he just seems... unfinished.

Oh, and you never did tell me what Sequence (mentioned in your Avalon-tan profile) was. I tried Googling it and got nothing.
    Last edited by G-Man; June 17th, 2012 at 12:19 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Or did you mean the reverse (ie - it takes the same amount of energy to cut an object using the part closest to the grip as it does using the far tip of the blade)?
    Uhhh, yeah. That's what I meant. My bad.

Beyond that, Watanabe seemed kind of... underwhelming. You went and gave Suetake two very useful NPs, but Watanabe get's an E+ Rank sword that is just as effective at cutting with any part of the blade when swung. It seemed... lacking somehow, especially compared to Mr. I-Was-A-Super-Ordinary-Archer-But-Now-I-Have-Two-NPs. I still liked it, and Suetake's profile, he just seems... unfinished.
    Meh, the point of my Watanabe is supposed to be the demon arm, not the sword. The sword's effect is a bizarre reinterpretation of the whole "cut so well it cut both neck and beard in the same swing" episode that led to the sword being renamed Higekiri. Watanabe no Tsuna is mentioned to be a very skilled and dedicated swordsman, so I chose not to give his signature katana a super-awesome effect.

Oh, and you never did tell me what Sequence (mentioned in your Avalon-tan profile) was. I tried Googling it and got nothing.
    In the "Prose Lancelot", it is Gawain who carries Excalibur, and King Arthur has replaced it with a sword called "Sequence". It is likely to be the same or at least inspired by "Secace", Lancelot's sword in works before the Vulgate Cycle.

Meh, the point of my Watanabe is supposed to be the demon arm, not the sword. The sword's effect is a bizarre reinterpretation of the whole "cut so well it cut both neck and beard in the same swing" episode that led to the sword being renamed Higekiri. Watanabe no Tsuna is mentioned to be a very skilled and dedicated swordsman, so I chose not to give his signature katana a super-awesome effect.

In the "Prose Lancelot", it is Gawain who carries Excalibur, and King Arthur has replaced it with a sword called "Sequence". It is likely to be the same or at least inspired by "Secace", Lancelot's sword in works before the Vulgate Cycle.
    I figured your reasoning was something like that, but it just seemed strange that all the others had at least decent NPs, and he's stuck relying on just the arm, especially when his legend clearly demonstrated he was an incredible badass even without it and now he has to worry about the Inversion Impulse and all the baggage that comes with being a half-demon in the Nasuverse.

It just doesn't seem worth the trade-off unless his going full blown Crimson Red Vermillion adds Kishima-level stats (Kishima is supposed to be a match for mid-tier Servants according to Nasu IIRC) to his own regular stats, especially given NPs are what normally make the Servant (even Herc, with his incredible stats, is nowhere near as impressive without God Hand). Incidentally, does him now being a half-demon mean that he now requires more prana than he would have if he were fully human?

Huh, guess Nasu didn't even want to address the "Prose Lancelot" stuff, not that I would blame him. Still, makes me wonder if Arturia wouldn't get better armor and a boat that can journey to the underworld if she were summoned in Britain! Saber on Pyrdwen vs Piratits on the Golden Hind, GO!!

Eh, I think in this case the Servant in question is pretty obviously flagged as being kind of a Kojiro rather than a Gilgamesh, if you get my meaning- his power is not the superpowers of the Phantasm, it's the level of mastery he has as a swordsman combined with demon-level stats. Kojiro didn't even have a proper Phantasm, and he managed to hold off Saber- a vastly superior Servant in Phantasm abilities and parameters- with sheer technical skill. Imagining comparative abilities on a much physically stronger Servant is kind of nuts.

That said he could totally have stood to have that ability as a conceptual skill rather than a weapon Phantasm, to hammer home that this is a god swordsman we're dealing with.

On that note, I'm iffy on how well I'm keeping to source material given this is a folktale rather than history, but this Phantasm and this Servant have been stuck in my head for a while now- like, since pages ago except Five posted his Ancient Mariner and I really didn't want to look like I was c/ping ideas. Cashing in on a pirate craze from a page or two ago though? Oh, I'm all over that.

Servant: Rider

True Name: Hendrick Van der Decken

Parameters-

Strength- C
    Agility- C
    Endurance- D
    Magic- B
    Noble Phantasm- C-A

Class Skills-

Riding- B+: A suitable level of control for riding all sorts of vehicles and animals, granting bonuses to their performance- but phantasmal beasts are beyond the Servant. Conditional bonuses are granted for operating seagoing vehicles.

Magic Resistance- D: Cancels Single-Action spells. A form of resistance on par with that of an amulet which rejects magic.

Personal Skills-

Voyager of the Storms- A+: The ability to efficiently command a seagoing vessel. Represents a combined Rank of determination, Military Tactics, and Charisma necesary to lead a crew even through the harshest of conditions. At this Rank, one may sail to the gates of hell itself and command the loyalty of a crew to the point of death and beyond. Provides additional bonuses to the Riding skill while commanding the operations of a vessel.

Noble Phantasm-

St. Elmo's Fire- Invitation to the World Hereafter- Anti-Unit- C: A magical effect which surrounds Rider at all times, created through not only the association of his legend with the phenomenon known as St. Elmo's Fire but the belief that the green glow seen at sea is in fact the mark of a gateway to another world. Rider's body, clothing, and weapons- so long as he has contact with the latter two- are at all times surrounded by a faint blue-green aura which is impossible to conceal even in astral form (where Rider will appear as a bluish-green mist). The aura is usually harmless until Rider chooses to concentrate it- either to a point of impact, or along the length of a weapon, or even expending a great deal of prana to spread it as a short-range Area of Effect attack. Once focused, the aura carries the conceptualization of "pulling a spirit to another realm", temporarily dissolving the corporal form of an opposing Servant and returning them to astral form. Since Rider must make physical contact with his affected object or body part, this ability cannot be used defensively (since he must already have taken a blow). Furthermore, St. Elmo's Fire is incapable of completely negating the summoning of a Servant, and the return to astral form is only temporary, requiring only time for the effects to wear off. The true purpose of this ability is to preserve Rider's life when fighting opponents he cannot openly defeat, as well as its secondary power- the ability to leech prana from an affected target and preserve it in a 'stock' in Rider's body.

Those affected by St. Elmo's Fire see glimpses of a skeleton ship, sailing across the horizon...

The Flying Dutchman- Phantom Ship, Unending Voyage- Anti-Army- A: The true Noble Phantasm of Rider, unable to be materialized at the beginning of the War due to the massive amount of prana required to create the effect for an extended period. De Vliegende Hollander is not merely a ship, it is the conceptualization of the legends of phantom vessels roaming the ocean, the fears of superstitious sailors, and the passageway to another world. The ship is called forth when, after stockpiling a necessary amount of prana, Rider finds a suitable body of salt-water and releases the power of St. Elmo's Fire into it, rebuilding a facsimile of his vessel from flotsam dredged up from beneath the surface of the ocean and coating the entirety of it with his original Phantasm. The vessel, once formed, sweeps up Rider to begin a voyage through the air and water of the War's territory, sailing with unyielding determination towards the location of each enemy in turn. The ship carries the same effect as Rider's regular Phantasm if he chooses to apply it, but its true purpose is to activate a condition created through Rider's legend- the legend of a man who sailed into the gates of hell rather than allowing the elements to stop his voyage. Wherever Rider sails his ship, a winter storm rages and strikes all around him without mercy, mimicking the treacherous weather of Rider's voyage around the Cape of Good Hope. Enemy Servants who confront Rider will meet not a sailor who forced his way into the Throne through sheer perversity and determination rather than any great skill as a warrior, but a captain who "cannot be defeated as long as his voyage is incomplete". Thus, the only way to defeat Rider once the Dutchman appears is to either strike him down only after his ship has ceased moving, or to destroy the ship itself and rid him of any means to begin or end a voyage. Destroying the Dutchman, which may be instantly rebuilt through the manipulation of cast-off driftwood or flotsam of any sort, is only possible if the entire vessel is destroyed at one time.

Notes-

Basically going with the premise that despite being associated with ill omens, Satan, and some seriously insane crazyness, the captain of the Dutchman was primarily a stubborn as hell crazyman who was such a charismatic captain that he managed to keep his crew from dissolving into sheer mutiny and anarchy, even as they sailed into a storm they could never escape. This version obviously died, of course, but only after bargaining around with the World to complete his voyage around the Cape of Good Hope- hence why he exists as a Heroic Spirit, it's what he needs the Grail for. In personality I imagine him as being a bit of a bro (in the tradition of Iskander), being absolutely jovial while at the same time being a very ruthless fighter, plowing through everything between him and his goal.
    Last edited by ScarletWeather; June 18th, 2012 at 06:33 PM.
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

-Iain M. Banks, Use of Weapons

Blog Entries
    I can see Hendrick having E Luck. He must be. If only for flavor's sake. =))

That said, I like the concept of St. Elmo's Fire, as it represents a novel concept of stealing prana from Servants themselves. What better way to gain money that is than to rob a bank, metaphorically speaking. I'm quite curious of what the effects to mundane human is. If he can combine SEF with some manipulation from the Master's part, I think it's entirely possible to have an array of living 'batteries' for sustainable power. Also, I'd imagine he would be horribly difficult to conceal, night missions would be utterly impossible with Hendrick.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    I can see Hendrick having E Luck. He must be. If only for flavor's sake. =))

That said, I like the concept of St. Elmo's Fire, as it represents a novel concept of stealing prana from Servants themselves. What better way to gain money that is than to rob a bank, metaphorically speaking. I'm quite curious of what the effects to mundane human is. If he can combine SEF with some manipulation from the Master's part, I think it's entirely possible to have an array of living 'batteries' for sustainable power. Also, I'd imagine he would be horribly difficult to conceal, night missions would be utterly impossible with Hendrick.
    Night missions and most missions requiring stealth, really. He's not exactly the kind of ghost you get Presence Concealment with.

St. Elmo's Fire is an attack which only has an effect on spiritual beings, unfortunately. Corporeal beings such as humans aren't affected- even reanimated ones. On the flip side, even with meh parameters, Hendrick is still a Servant, and fighting humans as a Servant isn't all that hard. He's very determined to get his vessel afloat, or a legit strategy on his part would actually be forcing Servants into astral form long enough to kill their Masters.

It should be noted that command seals may be expended as an alternate source of prana to call for The Flying Dutchman- but that relies on the Master knowing Rider's Phantasm, as well as being willing to accept the fact that at least two command seals will be required: one to summon the Phantasm, and one to maintain it. Otherwise the boat is too much of a prana sink for Rider's comparatively high mana capacity to maintain, even with support from his Master.

As for E Rank Luck, that's probable- but I'm not a hundred percent sure if I want to state that. A large part of the Dutchman legend is that he's fated never to round the Cape of Good Hope, but the premise of the Servant is that he literally charged in with his whole crew, and even when it became clear the situation was impossible to win, was willing to throw his soul to the World in exchange for the promise of the power of the Grail to complete his voyage. Implied tragic ending, get? XD
    "AND THAT MEANT THE ROCK, THE CRAPPY AWFUL ROCK HERE WAS THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE, THE CONTINUA, THE WHOLE REALITY!"

Quote Originally Posted by ScarletWeather View Post
    *snip*
    That's the thing though. Koujirou would have been slaughtered long ago if it weren't for the bounded field surrounding the temple. Skill alone, no matter how incredible, won't compensate for hax and stats. There has to be something extra. Not to mention, suffering an Inversion Impulse or going Crimson Red Vermillion might just make Watanabe a threat to his own Master (might even make him go berserk which means "bye-bye" to his skill). His stats amp up if he goes ballistic, but his skills are lost. Meanwhile, skills alone won't compensate for enemy hax.

Night missions and most missions requiring stealth, really. He's not exactly the kind of ghost you get Presence Concealment with.

St. Elmo's Fire is an attack which only has an effect on spiritual beings, unfortunately. Corporeal beings such as humans aren't affected- even reanimated ones. On the flip side, even with meh parameters, Hendrick is still a Servant, and fighting humans as a Servant isn't all that hard. He's very determined to get his vessel afloat, or a legit strategy on his part would actually be forcing Servants into astral form long enough to kill their Masters.

It should be noted that command seals may be expended as an alternate source of prana to call for The Flying Dutchman- but that relies on the Master knowing Rider's Phantasm, as well as being willing to accept the fact that at least two command seals will be required: one to summon the Phantasm, and one to maintain it. Otherwise the boat is too much of a prana sink for Rider's comparatively high mana capacity to maintain, even with support from his Master.

As for E Rank Luck, that's probable- but I'm not a hundred percent sure if I want to state that. A large part of the Dutchman legend is that he's fated never to round the Cape of Good Hope, but the premise of the Servant is that he literally charged in with his whole crew, and even when it became clear the situation was impossible to win, was willing to throw his soul to the World in exchange for the promise of the power of the Grail to complete his voyage. Implied tragic ending, get? XD
    That's immediately what I thought when I read St. Elmo's description! Perfect strategy for an Assassin, but he's too noticeable to actually work as an Assassin!

That said, kind of disappointed he didn't have some ability or skill to force people to join his crew. Still thought he was awesome though! Once he actually get's the Dutchman up and flying you need to hit him with an Anti-Fortress NP or he's unstoppable.

Eh, you're underselling weapons skill and ability. Kojirou's problem was his lack of parameters or a decent weapon, which the bounded field compensated more. The fact that Watanabe's sword is in fact a Phantasm at all makes it possible for him to wield it against other Phantasms, and furthermore his parameters are naturally high enough to make the bounded field unnecessary. He's at least Diarmuid tier- and that's who he reminds me of more, really. Diarmuid's spears had specialized abilities, but ultimately they were only spears, and the real danger was that he was a legendary expert at wielding them. Watanabe's not dangerous because his sword is magical, the sword is dangerous because the wielder is Watanabe. Given his legend speaks of his sword in more general terms than the lore a lot of legendary blades have going for them, the profile's fitting. Also demon arm wouldn't necessarily = total loss of skill, this isn't mad enhancement we're talking here.

And yeah, Van der Decken can't impress people into his crew- he can compel you to do so though, but only through force of personality. Voyager of the Storms is a conglomerate ranking, but his Charisma is approaching B if you split it into the base skills. My major conceit with this version of him is he's supposed to be a bombastic figure rather than a threatening one, a guy who was crazy enough to sail his ship straight into a storm it had no chance of making it through- but still well enough respected by his crew that they didn't mutiny, not out of fear but out of "THIS MAN IS A BADASS". It departs from the actual legend's character, but that's kind of the point.

Also glad you liked the Phantasms, I basically wanted his rough design and abilities set up so that each had a clear strength and a clear weakness, and that they were suitable powers to hand the character no matter what role he had in a story: supporting cast, protagonist, secondary antagonist, primary antagonist, what have you.

Eh, you're underselling weapons skill and ability. Kojirou's problem was his lack of parameters or a decent weapon, which the bounded field compensated more. The fact that Watanabe's sword is in fact a Phantasm at all makes it possible for him to wield it against other Phantasms, and furthermore his parameters are naturally high enough to make the bounded field unnecessary. He's at least Diarmuid tier- and that's who he reminds me of more, really. Diarmuid's spears had specialized abilities, but ultimately they were only spears, and the real danger was that he was a legendary expert at wielding them. Watanabe's not dangerous because his sword is magical, the sword is dangerous because the wielder is Watanabe. Given his legend speaks of his sword in more general terms than the lore a lot of legendary blades have going for them, the profile's fitting. Also demon arm wouldn't necessarily = total loss of skill, this isn't mad enhancement we're talking here.
    It's not the demon arm itself that's the problem, its the Inversion Impulse/Crimson Red Vermillion that overuse of it can induce. Its not as bad as Mad Enhancement but its not far off from it either, and Watnabe doesn't have Eternal Arms Mastery as a Personal Skill.

That said, Diramuid isn't that big a deal without his spears' abilities. Take away Gae Dearg's anti-magecraft effect and Gae Budihe's no-healing effect and suddenly he's not much of a threat unless your Servant has crap stats and no fast-activation NPs. He only drew first blood from Saber because Gae Dearg could pass through her armor like it wasn't even there. That said, while I acknowledge his skill, I don't put him on Koujirou's level, and someone with his stats and Koujirou's skill would indeed make for a much more formidable opponent.

And yeah, Van der Decken can't impress people into his crew- he can compel you to do so though, but only through force of personality. Voyager of the Storms is a conglomerate ranking, but his Charisma is approaching B if you split it into the base skills. My major conceit with this version of him is he's supposed to be a bombastic figure rather than a threatening one, a guy who was crazy enough to sail his ship straight into a storm it had no chance of making it through- but still well enough respected by his crew that they didn't mutiny, not out of fear but out of "THIS MAN IS A BADASS". It departs from the actual legend's character, but that's kind of the point.

Also glad you liked the Phantasms, I basically wanted his rough design and abilities set up so that each had a clear strength and a clear weakness, and that they were suitable powers to hand the character no matter what role he had in a story: supporting cast, protagonist, secondary antagonist, primary antagonist, what have you.
    Pity about the "no forced recruitment" deal. Would have made him a much more intimidating antagonist if he could have forced people to join his crew. Only an Anti-Fortress NP can destroy the Flying Dutchman but such an attack would kill any innocents he "recruited", making for a nightmarish moral quandry for a good aligned Servant/Master. He's still awesome though!

Blog Entries
    I don't think Hendrick would need any formal crew, unlike L'Olonnais a page or two back. There is no incentive for him to do so unless it give significant boosts to Flying Dutchman's power; unlike La Blague Noire, Flying Dutchman has no mention of increasing in power if crewed. I'd assume FD will be crewed by Hendrick's former crew as phantasms a la Ionioi Hetairoi, thus would not be needing a living crew.

I'd still pay to see any maritime duels in Nasuverse though.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Class: Caster

True Name: Rand al'Thor

Sex: Male

Height/Weight: 182cm 66kg

Alignment: Lawful (Insane) Good

Strength: B
    Magical Energy: A
    Endurance: B
    Luck: B
    Agility: B
    Noble Phantasm: A

Class Abilities
    Territory Creation: C / Can temporarily make the space around him his territory, purifying corruption and making people feel better.

Rand al'Thor

The Dragon Reborn. Once a legendary man born in an alternate Earth in the far past. The people believed that life was a wheel, each spoke being a different age in the world, and everything recycled. The Dragon was one of the few continually an integral part of the Wheel. The legends about his life and powers uplifted this particular version of the Dragon outside the Wheel of Time. In his life, he united countries against the forces of evil, cleansed the corrupted magic in the world, and fought legendary battles.

An inherently good man whose use of the corrupted magic threatened to drive him insane. Although he later cleansed it, the taint remained in his mind until he overcame it in an internal struggle of will. A skilled swordsman, he could fit into the classes of Saber, Caster, or Berserker. As a Berserker, he would be notable as having dual personalities, and the ability to still use magic.

Skill

Seither: A / The once corrupt masculine side of the unique magic wielded by select few people in the distant alternate past. The spellcasting involves no words or rituals, instead weaving prana through the air in a certain pattern to enact spells.
    Although gesturing is a large part of this process, a skilled practitioner can forgo it and weave the spell with his will and mind alone.

Charisma: A / The natural ability to command armies and people. In life, this was an effect of being a major part of the Wheel. Destiny itself bent around him, as did the hearts and minds of people.

Noble Phantasm

Callandor, The Crystal Sword

Although this sword can be used in physical combat, that is not its primary purpose. Instead, this sword enhances the user's magical energy and power ten fold. With this, a man could wipe out a city. All spells cast while using Callandor become rank A and gain Anti-Army destructive force and effect. THere is one draw back to using this sword. As this sword has no known upper limit to how much magical energy can be used with it, it is possible the user can burn himself up using more magical energy than his being can contain.

Hope Rides With His Godly Ronin/Cowboy Brother In Law

Blog Entries
    Allow me to post my version of one of Apocrypha's broken Servants. No background info this time because, really, you can find that anywhere. There are a few lines in the TM wiki, for a start.

Spoiler:

SAITOU NO MUSASHIBOU BENKEI (西塔の武蔵坊弁)
    Class: Lancer

Height: 202 cm
    Weight: 90 kg

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance: A tall man with thick musculature clad in the rough garments of the Japanese priestly caste in the eleventh century. Thick linen gloves protect his hands, and heavy copper bands circle his wrists. On his back he carries seven different weapons at the same time, and on his head he wears the traditional black cap of the yamabushi.

Strength A
    Endurance B
    Agility B
    Magic D
    Luck C
    Noble Phantasm A+

Class Skills:
    D – Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.

Personal Skills:
    * Eternal Arms Mastership: Prevents degradation of fighting skills when under the effect of mental hindrance.
    B – The rank of a versatile user of weapons, suitable for the one said to have collected 999 different arms. At this rank, it is possible for Benkei to make full use of his Seven Implements even when under the effect of any sort of mental hindrance.
    * Guardian Knight: Temporarily raises defensive power when protecting others.
    B+ – His fame in Japan is built around his unceasing loyalty and devotion for the sake of protecting the one he swore allegiance to. Bonus effect of doubling base Endurance when protecting his nearby Master.
    * Sacrament: Knowledge of a Thaumaturgical System cemented on a religious foundation.
    C – Capable of using the standard exorcism techniques of Buddhist monks for the dispelling of curses and banishment of evil spirits.

Noble Phantasms:
    Hakushi no Kanjinchou – False Decree of Contribution (白紙の勧進, Blank Subscription List)
    Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1
    Maximum number of targets: 100 people

A counterfeit decree that forces targets to renounce one of its possessions for the duration of an engagement. Transcending the limits of the tangible, the Blank Subscription List can claim even physical and metaphysical properties of the “contributors”. Among the things that can be claimed can be listed:

• A single Personal or Class Skill, no matter the rank.
    • A favorable conditional modification to a single Parameter (a “plus” sign).
    • Any single weapon carried by the target. Only Noble Phantasms of D-rank or lower can be claimed in this manner.
    • Any single spell the target knows and Benkei is aware of.
    • Any single beneficial spell effect the target is currently affected by.

The Blank Subscription List can only claim one single thing per person per engagement. Protections against mental interference of rank C or higher allow for a resistance check against the effect. Note that this Noble Phantasm does not allow Benkei to use or be benefited by any of the things registered in the Subscription List; rather than "taking away an enemy's power", the Subscription List imposes a temporary geas in which the victim unconsciously restrain itself from taking advantage of ability, skill or a beneficial effect he possesses.

Iwatooshi – This Blade, the Unsurpassable Wall (, Rock Melter)
    Range: 2-5
    Maximum number of targets: 10 people

The naginata of Musashibo Benkei in popular culture and folklore, which he held at the moment of his death on the bridge at Koromogawa. It is the one unchanging constant among Benkei’s Seven Implements, and the only one worthy of the rank of Noble Phantasm. It is a weapon considerably longer than the average pole arm, measuring 260 cm to the tip of the blade. With that length, it is a suitable weapon for a giant of a man such as Benkei. True to its name, the blade glows with an incandescent white upon infusion with prana, allowing it to effortlessly destroy non-magical matter even without application of force.

As the exaltation of the impassable defense of the bridge performed by Benkei as his legendary last stand, the naginata has been elevated to the rank of Noble Phantasm with the power to enforce the greatest defense by means of terrible offensive capability. The mechanism behind the weapon is “pre-emptive offensive protection via simultaneous execution of multiple timelines”—a naginata as a fragment of the Kaleidoscope. It is thus a weapon for attacking while in a defensive stance. Just like the warrior-monk’s last stance, it is meant to allow Benkei to guard a narrow position even against multiple enemies. Whenever Benkei invokes the name of the naginata, he does not attack a single opponent—he attacks at every opponent within range, simultaneously. All valid targets are attacked in the exact same manner—what changes in each simultaneous timeline is only the target, not Benkei’s action. This, however, is not a limitation of the weapon, but of Benkei’s own skill.

Senki Banrai – Anthology of One Thousand Victories (千器万来, Flood of Implements)
    Range: 2-50
    Maximum number of targets: 1000 people

A supernatural bombardment with nine hundred and ninety-nine weapons. None of the weapons are Noble Phantasms, but each weapon strikes a target of Benkei’s choosing with a separate attack roll as if Benkei were properly wielding it, and thus each weapon is considered a separate A-rank attack. After the bombardment, Benkei unleashes a final strike with Iwatooshi—a massive prana shockwave that engulfs the entire range of the bombardment, striking at all previous targets at the same time. This attack of rank A+ is possible because Benkei sacrifices Iwatooshi as a Broken Phantasm, enhanced by more than a single rank by virtue of the combined mystical worth of all 1000 weapons. Benkei loses not only his naginata, but all of his weapons after unleashing Senki Banrai.

Keyword:
    The Seven Implements of Benkei (七つ道具, Nanatsu Dougu): The title given to Benkei’s seven favored weapons. In addition to the naginata, Iwatooshi, they are: an Iron Rake, a Giant Hammer, a Giant Hacksaw, a Sasumata, a Tsukubou and a Sodegarami. The weapons change in each adaptation, however—it is possible than a different summoning could conjure a Benkei with a different set of weapons.

Allow me to post my version of one of Apocrypha's broken Servants. No background info this time because, really, you can find that anywhere. There are a few lines in the TM wiki, for a start.
    Nice! He's a lot less broken now!

Into that mountain we go! Gaterjhonz's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Die Fuhrer as Rider, I don't think I did his NPs any justice but hey, freedom of speech or sumfin, also, my Lazy skill went up to rank A+ when I did this.

Spoiler:

Name: Adolf Hitler
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic/Evil
    Height:
    Weight:

Stats:
    -Strength: D (A)
    -Endurance: D (A)
    -Agility: D (A)
    -Prana: C
    -Luck: A (A+++)
    -NP: B (A++)

Class Abilities:
    -Magic Resistance: D
    Cancels Single-Action Spells. Magic resistance equal to an amulet that cancels prana.
    -Riding: B+
    Able to manipulate mechanical contraptions and ride animals.

Skills:
    -Charisma: B
    Natural ability to lead a country.
    -Military Tactics: B
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one battles, but where large numbers of troops are deployed. Bonus is granted when using an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when faced against an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    -Independent Action: B
    Able to materialize without a Master for two days.

Noble Phantasm:
    -Blitzkrieg ▪ The Fuhrer’s Relentless Bombardment
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Target: 1 ~ 1000
    Range: 1 ~ 99
    A large scale attack that destroys cities and brings countries to their knees. When evoked, ten Junkers Ju 87 bombers appear to bombard a set area, dropping one bomb each. Each bomb dropped is an A++ rank Noble Phantasm and delivers a devastating area of effect attack that annihilates anyone not strong enough to withstand it. The bombers can be brought at the same time or one after the other. High MGI, END, or STR is needed to fend off a single attack and a successful LCK roll is needed to evade the whole attack.

-Tiger Tank ▪ Mechanical Beast of War
    Unit-Shield (Ownself)
    Target: 1-50
    Range: 1-10
    A formidable mechanical beast that once traversed the battlefields of Germany during World War II. Each shell fired from its barrel is equivalent to an A rank Broken Phantasm and anyone hit directly by it would either receive huge amounts of damage, or die from the blast immediately. It is also armed with twin machine guns in the back, corresponding to E- ranked Noble Phantasms each, and a cannon on the top that fires mortar shells, each shell equivalent to an A rank Noble Phantasm. The tank also acts as a moving fortress capable of stopping attacks with a maximum rank of A+. A crew of not less than five persons is needed to make this tank run and Rider makes it possible by summoning four other soldiers that act as Servants with an E- rank Independent Action Skill.

-Longinus ▪ The Spear of Destiny

Type: Support
    Target: 1
    Range: ???
    The relic that allowed Rider to successfully carry out his conquest across Europe, legend says that whoever possesses it will conquer the world. This Noble Phantasm comes with two effects. The first is by enhancing all of Rider’s stats except MGI by three ranks. The second effect acts as a curse against its owner; if Rider loses possession of this Noble Phantasm, either through destruction or theft, then Rider will die shortly after the loss.
    Not so Mega Sig, now properly spoilered
    Spoiler:
    [20:39] <Fishie> I'MA GO PUT HER UNDEREWAR ON MY HEAD LIKE A SALARY PERSON
    the whole story here

A travel Advisory:
    Spoiler:

Come visit the 7th Dimension--Where nightmares dreams are made into realities

[23:50] <Sieg> Gater is golddigging deviant?

[11:59] <TheoReforged> I KNOW WHO YOU ARE NOW
    [11:59] <TheoReforged> YOU'RE .... ROADBUSTER!
    [12:00] <@Leo> i'm sorry but that's retarded
    [12:00] <Irondefiler> *cricket sounds*

Beast's Lair's own Dwarf Fortress succession game is now recruiting mighty able dwarves, sign up if you have what it takes!

Quote Originally Posted by GaterJ4wz View Post
    Die Fuhrer as Rider, I don't think I did his NPs any justice but hey, freedom of speech or sumfin, also, my Lazy skill went up to rank A+ when I did this.

Spoiler:

Name: Adolf Hitler
    Class: Rider
    Alignment: Chaotic/Evil
    Height:
    Weight:

Stats:
    -Strength: D (A)
    -Endurance: D (A)
    -Agility: D (A)
    -Prana: C
    -Luck: A (A+++)
    -NP: B (A++)

Class Abilities:
    -Magic Resistance: D
    Cancels Single-Action Spells. Magic resistance equal to an amulet that cancels prana.
    -Riding: B+
    Able to manipulate mechanical contraptions and ride animals.

Skills:
    -Charisma: B
    Natural ability to lead a country.
    -Military Tactics: B
    Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one battles, but where large numbers of troops are deployed. Bonus is granted when using an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm or when faced against an Anti-Army Noble Phantasm.
    -Independent Action: B
    Able to materialize without a Master for two days.

Noble Phantasm:
    -Blitzkrieg ▪ The Fuhrer’s Relentless Bombardment
    Type: Anti-Fortress
    Target: 1 ~ 1000
    Range: 1 ~ 99
    A large scale attack that destroys cities and brings countries to their knees. When evoked, ten Junkers Ju 87 bombers appear to bombard a set area, dropping one bomb each. Each bomb dropped is an A++ rank Noble Phantasm and delivers a devastating area of effect attack that annihilates anyone not strong enough to withstand it. The bombers can be brought at the same time or one after the other. High MGI, END, or STR is needed to fend off a single attack and a successful LCK roll is needed to evade the whole attack.

-Tiger Tank ▪ Mechanical Beast of War
    Unit-Shield (Ownself)
    Target: 1-50
    Range: 1-10
    A formidable mechanical beast that once traversed the battlefields of Germany during World War II. Each shell fired from its barrel is equivalent to an A rank Broken Phantasm and anyone hit directly by it would either receive huge amounts of damage, or die from the blast immediately. It is also armed with twin machine guns in the back, corresponding to E- ranked Noble Phantasms each, and a cannon on the top that fires mortar shells, each shell equivalent to an A rank Noble Phantasm. The tank also acts as a moving fortress capable of stopping attacks with a maximum rank of A+. A crew of not less than five persons is needed to make this tank run and Rider makes it possible by summoning four other soldiers that act as Servants with an E- rank Independent Action Skill.

-Longinus ▪ The Spear of Destiny

Type: Support
    Target: 1
    Range: ???
    The relic that allowed Rider to successfully carry out his conquest across Europe, legend says that whoever possesses it will conquer the world. This Noble Phantasm comes with two effects. The first is by enhancing all of Rider’s stats except MGI by three ranks. The second effect acts as a curse against its owner; if Rider loses possession of this Noble Phantasm, either through destruction or theft, then Rider will die shortly after the loss.
    Damn! And I used to complain Five's Napolean and Ramses were fanwanked... It's not the stats that bother me, the Spear of Destiny justifies that and has a huge downside to compensate. It's the ridiculous power of his other NPs. Blitzkrieg basically drops multiple Excalibur blasts on the targeted area! That's ridiculously OP. The tank having two seperate A Rank attacks is also pretty damn crazy. He can basically solo Herc!