Page 157 of 782 FirstFirst ... 57107147152155156157158159162167207257657 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

Quote Originally Posted by qsurf View Post
    Major problem with this profile is that according to Canon, the Doctor just can't qualify for the Throne of Heroes. On the sheet itself though, mechanically speaking, everything looks alright, but there's just something about it that is off...

Not quite sure yet though.
    *Falls to knees begging for the answer to what he's doing wrong*
    See me wasting my life on fanfics here.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, he fails the 'human' qualification, but whatever. (Gallifreyan Throne of Heroes? Now that would be interesting). If Noob had read any of my rants properly, I think he'd have noticed that I kept on saying I let lots of things slide for the Create-a-Servant threads because they're made for fun and creativity. I pull people up when they're insisting that something is the case in canon and they're wrong.

Got absolutely no clue if this is what qsurf's thought is, but I had something of the same uneasy feeling, and I think I've pinned mine down. In the series, the Doctor can generally rely on running away or at least having some way to turn his enemies' weapons back on them. For that, he's won a reputation as a warrior, despite not getting his own hands dirty in 99.9% of cases. And you've pretty much reflected that in his sheet; he has Eye of the Mind but virtually nothing offensive to help him do anything but try to stave off defeat (the sonic screwdriver might count in a pinch). In short, it's a sheet for someone who doesn't actually fight in the conventional sense of the word, and in the sense that's likely going to be important for the Holy Grail War.

At that point it kind of becomes a conflict of paradigms: if you wrote it as a Doctor Who episode, he'd get to talk with whatever Master/Servant combo he came across, probably convince/con them into an alliance, discover what's really going on with the Grail, and then they'd frantically race against the clock to destroy/purify it (all assuming his Master is also co-operative). If you wrote it as a scene from, say, Fate/Zero, he's just going to get cut down kind of helplessly. And then keep getting cut down.

There are bits from the past you could include, like Pertwee's fencing and Venusian aikido (Pertwee was great), but I don't think it would help enormously in the arena of the Wars. It'd all depend on the tone/style of the story itself. And since these sheets come up in something like a vacuum, with a few assumptions from the Fate-series probably being uppermost in people's minds, that makes me feel he's ... impractical?
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    I don't visit create-a-servant thread a lot, forgive for that then.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Name: Shimshon [Samson]
    Class: Berserker
    Alignment: Chaotic Good

Parameters

STR B (A/C)*
    AGI B (A/C)
    CON B (A/C)*
    MGI C (B/D)*
    LCK C (B/D)*

(*See Chosen One below)

Skills

Mad Enhancement E
    Not really mad, but has a really bad attitude.

Magic Resistance C
    Immune to low-level spells. Affected normally by High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals.

Chosen One A
    The hero is ritually consecrated to his patron deity.
    As long he follows the deity's will, he gains a rank in all parameters and rank A Divinity.
    However, if he breaks his sacred vows, he loses a rank in all parameters.
    In Samson's case, his vow is that he can't have his hair cut.

Noble Phantasms

Shelosh-meot Shualim - Revenge by fire
    Type: Anti-army
    Range: 100 meter cone
    Max. targets: 150
    A cloak made of jackal tails, which is consumed in a one-use attack that hits all targets inside the area of effect with a rank A fire spell.

Lechi Chamor - Revenge by slaughter
    Type: Anti-personal
    Range: Melee
    Max. targets: 1000
    A donkey's jawbone, used as an improvised weapon. When activated, all hits become critical hits, but the user can't stop fighting as long as he has line-of-sight to an enemy.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 29th, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yeah, he fails the 'human' qualification, but whatever. (Gallifreyan Throne of Heroes? Now that would be interesting). If Noob had read any of my rants properly, I think he'd have noticed that I kept on saying I let lots of things slide for the Create-a-Servant threads because they're made for fun and creativity. I pull people up when they're insisting that something is the case in canon and they're wrong.

Got absolutely no clue if this is what qsurf's thought is, but I had something of the same uneasy feeling, and I think I've pinned mine down. In the series, the Doctor can generally rely on running away or at least having some way to turn his enemies' weapons back on them. For that, he's won a reputation as a warrior, despite not getting his own hands dirty in 99.9% of cases. And you've pretty much reflected that in his sheet; he has Eye of the Mind but virtually nothing offensive to help him do anything but try to stave off defeat (the sonic screwdriver might count in a pinch). In short, it's a sheet for someone who doesn't actually fight in the conventional sense of the word, and in the sense that's likely going to be important for the Holy Grail War.

At that point it kind of becomes a conflict of paradigms: if you wrote it as a Doctor Who episode, he'd get to talk with whatever Master/Servant combo he came across, probably convince/con them into an alliance, discover what's really going on with the Grail, and then they'd frantically race against the clock to destroy/purify it (all assuming his Master is also co-operative). If you wrote it as a scene from, say, Fate/Zero, he's just going to get cut down kind of helplessly. And then keep getting cut down.

There are bits from the past you could include, like Pertwee's fencing and Venusian aikido (Pertwee was great), but I don't think it would help enormously in the arena of the Wars. It'd all depend on the tone/style of the story itself. And since these sheets come up in something like a vacuum, with a few assumptions from the Fate-series probably being uppermost in people's minds, that makes me feel he's ... impractical?
    Here's the thing. The way the sheet is set up The Doctor would start as Old Man first doctor and make his way down the chain as his lives are taken. That means the Eighth doctor could appear. You know, the most prolific killer in the history of the universe who attempts to eliminate two races, destroys his own homeworld and all of his people save two, and doesn't afraid of anything. I feel like that might just be a scary servant. Maybe.
    Last edited by Kelnish; October 29th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.

Seibah's dad:

--- True Identity: Uther Pendragon
    * Class:Saber
    * Alignment: Lawful Good
    * Noble Phantasm: A, B
    * Strength: A
    * Endurance: B+
    * Agility: C
    * Mana: A
    * Luck: C

--- Background
    King Artur's father and King of Britain.
    After the dead of his father, his older brother become king. After Vortigern murder that brother, Uther and he's other brother, Aurelius, flee. When they back, as adults, Aurelius kill Vortigern and becomes king. Uther, as the leader of Aurelius army use the soldiers and his magecraft knowledge to help Merlin in the construction of Stonehenge. Back at London he meet Igraine, Gorlois wife. He calls the Duke of Cornwall, Gorlois, to the court but Gorlois, knowing what Uther really wanted, refused. They started a war.

During said war, Aurelius become mortally ill and use his last forces to become a dragon and destroy most of Gorlois forces. His flight over the fiels is still remembered as a comet.
    In the last battle, at the same time that his army crushed the remains of the Cornwall duke's army, Arthur was been conceived in the well know story.
    He married Igraine after that.
    Having a peaceful reign he dies, old, after the war with the Saxons re-started.

--- Class Skills:

* Riding:
    B: Most vehicles can be handled with above average skill. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

* Magic Resistence:
    A: Cancel spells of A-Rank or below. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a "Magus Killer".

--- Personal Skills:

* Charisma:
    B: Suitable for a king of a country.

* Piercing:
    A:The skill of pierce through defenses. Bypass defense of the same rank of the skill. (Represent the sheer strength needed to put the sword on the stone)

* Blood of the Dragon's kind
    B: As a descendant of a dragon, Uther have draconian traits. First is a high strenght and endurance. Second, sharp fangs that allow him to absorve other creatures life force. "Wakening" the blood inside him can give him even more traits, physical powers, etc but require him to abandon his humanity a bit by bit. It will slowly turn him into a full member of the dragon kind. It seal his skills and NPs if turned on so long.

* Magecraft
    C: One can use powerful magecraft, but is limited to a few schools/styles. Saber is particularly known because of his shapeshifting magecraft.

--- Noble Phantasm

* Caledfwlch
    Anti-Personal
    Max Range: 1-2
    Max Targets: 1
    The sword that would become famous as Caliburn is no other than Caledfwlch, know as Caladbolg in other period. The blade is ondulated and the hilt is a blue and gold helix. After called the blade will shine white and the space around the blade will glow in diferent shades of blue and red. Moving the sword creates "rainbows" of those colors.
    The sword can shred almost anything due time-space warping.

* Giant's Ring
    Rank B
    Anti-Personal/Support/Boundary Field
    Max Range: 500
    Max targets: 500
    Uther's Mystic Code, that allowed him to use one of the three Great Spells of Britain.
    Have two forms of use.
    The first one is as a actual stone-made ring. Allow him to actual shapeshifting (not ilusion, this is the true deal) in anything with the same mass as him(human shape isn't required, but consume less mana).
    The second form of use turns the ring in a actual druidic stone ring(like Stonehenge).
    The stones can be displaced to create a powerfull boundary field that allow Uther to takeover all the mana from the area, cut his spell cast time in half and, due the mana drain, lower two random stats of any servant inside it(if he chose to drain then. Servant's body are made of mana after all)

Notes:
    Spoiler:

Well, He ended up more powerful than I actually planned...
    Even if he is skilled, this saber is more about smash stuff than actual technique.
    I don't give him prana burst because with the dragon buff he would be much overpower(stuff like A++ STR and B+++ END)
    The dragon stuff is like Rider lvl 100 gorgon and in terms of situation you could say he is like a Tohno hybrid... Even if his Inversion is more soft
    He is like EMIYA in magecraft... God-like in a few areas and useless in everything else. And he don't like to use magia so much... It "isn't he king's way" after all.

The ring is a combination of three aspects of his legend: The magic knowledge, Arthur's conception and Stonehenge construction.
    His story is a bit changed, but ended pretty much equal to one of the versions(there are versions where Aurelius is his father, uncle, Vortigern, etc).

And, yes, he can go bankai and become a giant Dragon. And I think he could get Aurelius dragon form as a Np in a Rider class... So half dragon knight riding dragon and using a rainbow sword? Why not?

My english is quite bad, so sorry...
    Last edited by Zephyr; October 31st, 2012 at 09:36 PM.

Seika's nailed it.

While the Doctor has his own brand of danger, he's more chess (slow and deliberate then fast paced to throw off the opponent) than checkers (fast paced all the way through), and that's going to count against him...hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Here's the thing. The way the sheet is set up The Doctor would start as Old Man first doctor and make his way down the chain as his lives are taken. That means the Eighth doctor could appear. You know, the most prolific killer in the history of the universe who attempts to eliminate two races, destroys his own homeworld and all of his people save two, and doesn't afraid of anything. I feel like that might just be a scary servant. Maybe.
    Except for the fact the NPs need prana to activate in general...that's the other thing that got me, the Doctor is in fact a prana hog.

Resurrection for one, no two ways about it, this WILL cost the Doctor's Master a boat load of prana every time he comes back, and with Servants like Lancelot and Gilgamesh in the 4th War or Medusa and Kojiro in the 5th, he'll be doing that a lot, and will flat out kill his Master or drain them so badly that they won't be mobile for a while.

The Tardis itself, well:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineDemon View Post
    TARDIS: (Rank: EX) A living ship disguised as a 1950s British police box that has the ability to tamper and use multiple forms of the True Magics, most notably the abilities to tamper and utilize the powers of Time and Space. It is a territory al its own, known to have held of invasion of armies such the liked of Genghis Khan and a genocidal race known as the Dalek.
    That will destroy the Master, no matter what, and that's not even counting the flying into space, battling killcruisers, manifestation of the Tardis' Will...so on.

Too much prana for Servant who dies easily, has no offensive weapons, and can't even use mad enhancement. He's got an expensive upkeep for little to no return.

@Zephyr: You might want to flesh out the guy a little...well, much​ more.
    Servant Profile: Idea Generator
    Reality Marble: Countless Creations, Intense Inferno, Vast Vista
    Score: 7 (Where's mah Grail!)

Random Servant Profile: Fraggle's Cult
    (I knew I had this lying around somewhere!)
    Truth
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    EX is a Pineapple/10

@Zephyr: You might want to flesh out the guy a little...well, much​ more.
    Yeah, its pretty crude...
    Working on the background...Thinking about turning him in some insane half human half dragon(like Akiha, but better)
    Is that possible?
    Last edited by Zephyr; October 29th, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr View Post
    Yeah, its pretty crude...
    Working on the background...Thinking about turning him in some insane half human half dragon(like Akiha, but better)
    Is that possible?
    *wince*

The only thing you need to do is check Uther's legend, see what it says about him, and then use that legend to flesh out his sheet. You are allowed to play a little loose with what abilities and skills his legend grants him since Nasu did that, BUT they must still be related to his legend. Read over the other sheets here and see how they handled things.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    I see no reason why that wouldn't work, since that's pretty much what Saber is (can't see why it would be wince-worthy either - it's much like the usual Nasu wank).

You might want to start by ramping up that Mana stat, Magic Resistance and giving him Mana Burst. You might also want to give him with Monstrous Strength (maybe decrease his unmodified Strength while you're at it).

As for other dragon traits, dragons have bad breath and sometimes fly, they often are enchanters (Mystic Eyes, Face, or even Voice isn't out of the question) often have a weak spot, and often are shapechangers.

You can change the appearance of the halfblood too, giving him fangs, reptile eyes, scales, talons, wings, a tail, Takeuchi fangs, funky hair or whatever you come up with.

Dragon blood is a pretty flexible concept, really!
    Last edited by aldeayeah; October 29th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    I see no reason why that wouldn't work, since that's pretty much what Saber is (can't see why it would be wince-worthy either - it's much like the usual Nasu wank).

You might want to start by ramping up that Mana stat, Magic Resistance and giving him Mana Burst. You might also want to give him with Monstruous Strength (maybe decrease his unmodified Strength while you're at it).

As for other dragon traits, dragons have bad breath and sometimes fly, they often are enchanters (Mystic Eyes, Face, or even Voice isn't out of the question) often have a weak spot, and often are shapechangers.

You can change the appearance of the halfblood too, giving him fangs, reptile eyes, scales, talons, wings, a tail, Takeuchi fangs, funky hair or whatever you come up with.

The only thing I'm saying is RESEARCH THAT SHIT before you write it, 'cause now, I WILL tear apart that profile since it seems the writer's taking a lax attitude to this whole thing, ergo wasting their time and ours.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    Dragon blood in Nasuverse (not genetic descent, but the blood itself) is defined. It produces prana as it circulates through the body, negating the need for a magic circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelnish View Post
    Yeah, great, but do you imagine he physically forced the Time Lords into the weird lock-thing himself? Did he destroy the Daleks with his bare hands? He needs technology, or what passes for it in the DW universe. And the TARDIS and the sonic screwdriver are nice, but they're not going to help him in a duel against someone several times stronger and faster than him with a magic sword. That's the situation he has to deal with in a Holy Grail War, and it's one the Doctor (certainly as you've presented him) is singularly unequipped to deal with. There's no oddly specific tech he can disable or turn against them: it's raw physical ability and straight-up magic.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

*wince*

The only thing you need to do is check Uther's legend, see what it says about him, and then use that legend to flesh out his sheet. You are allowed to play a little loose with what abilities and skills his legend grants him since Nasu did that, BUT they must still be related to his legend. Read over the other sheets here and see how they handled things.
    The only thing I'm saying is RESEARCH THAT SHIT before you write it, 'cause now, I WILL tear apart that profile since it seems the writer's taking a lax attitude to this whole thing, ergo wasting their time and ours.
    Gotcha

You might want to start by ramping up that Mana stat, Magic Resistance and giving him Mana Burst. You might also want to give him with Monstruous Strength (maybe decrease his unmodified Strength while you're at it).

Dragon blood in Nasuverse (not genetic descent, but the blood itself) is defined. It produces prana as it circulates through the body, negating the need for a magic circuit.
    So is possible?

Blog Entries
    Well that's what it does for Saber, but why shouldn't it do different stuff for other people?

There's a precedent with the extended Tohno family having diverse powers despite the fact that all of them have the same kind of blood.

So is possible?
    Pendragon roughly means, Chief of Dragons or Head Dragon, which really meant that he was the Chief of Warriors.

When he was on his way to a battle, he witnessed a Dragon-Shaped Comet in the sky and Merlin, who was with him at the time, took it as a sign that the current king, his brother Aurelius had died and that the comet was a sign of his greatness.
    ==========================

I didn't answer your question, I know that, all I did was to give you some of the information I found thanks to a little research. It's up to you to figure out what's appropriate and what isn't in the Servant sheet, but we'll make sure that the rules are being followed.

Edit:
    Hilarious thing, it also turns out that Uther was at the very least, a powerful magus.

He placed one of the Three Enchantments of the British Island, and then went on to teach it to one of the three Mage Knights, Menw.
    Last edited by qsurf; October 29th, 2012 at 02:06 PM.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

Blog Entries
    ...What are the rules, by the way?

Pendragon roughly means, Chief of Dragons or Head Dragon, which really meant that he was the Chief of Warriors.

When he was on his way to a battle, he witnessed a Dragon-Shaped Comet in the sky and Merlin, who was with him at the time, took it as a sign that the current king, his brother Aurelius had died and that the comet was a sign of his greatness.
    ==========================

I didn't answer your question, I know that, all I did was to give you some of the information I found thanks to a little research. It's up to you to figure out what's appropriate and what isn't in the Servant sheet, but we'll make sure that the rules are being followed.

Edit:
    Hilarious thing, it also turns out that Uther was at the very least, a powerful magus.

He placed one of the Three Enchantments of the British Island, and then went on to teach it to one of the three Mage Knights, Menw.
    The mage thing is new to me
    But pendragon meaning and the comet I already know.
    But seibah magic dragon core stuff come from somewhere...

Well I going in the half dragon path so
    But what rules?

...What are the rules, by the way?
    But what rules?
    1) Gil tops, no matter what.

2) Rank EX better have a good explanation behind it.

3) Everything needs to at least, conceptually match the legend of the Servant, like Arthuria and the Half-Dragon (Pendragon, Head dragon...I guess that's how Nasu interpreted it).

...those are the three I usually follow, but I guess others have their own versions and all that jazz. However, 1 and 2 are really, really, really important.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10

1) Gil tops, no matter what.

2) Rank EX better have a good explanation behind it.

3) Everything needs to at least, conceptually match the legend of the Servant, like Arthuria and the Half-Dragon (Pendragon, Head dragon...I guess that's how Nasu interpreted it).

...those are the three I usually follow, but I guess others have their own versions and all that jazz. However, 1 and 2 are really, really, really important.
    And I would add: not put all stats and skills A...
    ---
    Even if I think there are guys who can give gil a run for his money...(Hypothetical Houyi with sundrop, Karna, etc)

And I would add: not put all stats and skills A...
    ---
    Even if I think there are guys who can give gil a run for his money...(Hypothetical Houyi with sundrop, Karna, etc)
    Houyi's a god if I remember correctly and Karna belongs in Aprocrypha...nothing shall mentioned about that. Plus, it's WoG, Nasu mentioned that if Gil got serious, he will win the War in 3 days.

Truth
    EX is a Pineapple/10