Page 616 of 782 FirstFirst ... 116516566606611614615616617618621626666716 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,320 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd forgotten just how crazy the canon Nasuverse was.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The whole point of the apartment was contain a taiji within a taiji.
    Taiji-ception.
    Taiji representing, the supreme ultimate in chinese stuff.

Then having a deviation in that world through infinite repetitions of the world beginning and ending.

That deviation would break a hole to Akasha. Because it's a completed world within a completed world that just broke.

It makes sense if you think about it.

but tbh the fuck all that and steal some girl's brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    Servant Caster:

True Name: Louis XIV (14th)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral/Lawful Evil

Alternate Class: Rider

Strength- E (A+)
    Agility- D
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- A+
    NP- A++

Appearance: Caster is a slender and attractive young man with delicate, faintly girlish facial features. He has curly black hair flowing down to his shoulders and piercing golden eyes like the sun. He dresses incredibly opulently with a large red fur-trimmed coat draped over his shoulders, an intricately patterned green under-shirt with white ruffles along the edges of his sleeves, a white frilled cravat with a gold sun-shaped emblem pinned to it, tight-fitting white pants and red shoes that each have a bit of a heel.

Equipment: a red and gold patterned scepter topped with a stylized sun emblem.

Personality: proud and arrogant. A "born ruler" who believes himself to hold dominion over all that he surveys. From the heavens to the earth, the skies and the seas. In his mind, there is nothing that does not belong to him. The "sun" of his own proverbial solar system, if you will. Despite his arrogance, he is not necessarily cruel and does believe himself to be acting in the world's best interests (however in his mind, "the world's best interests" means being ruled by him).

He is also extremely grandiose and flamboyant in speech and mannerism, stating it to be the duty of a king to act extravagently at all times. He identifies greatly with the sun, making it his emblem as king and even adopting the moniker of "the Sun King". He even compares watching the sun rise to the way other people look in the mirror everyday, with the sun acting as a mirror to his own greatness. His wish on the Holy Grail would be to bring back the absolute monarchy and rule over the entire world as a god-king, leading it into a new era of glory and prosperity. In the end, his fatal flaw is his refusal to accept that humanity is capable of choosing its own future without the need of a shining monarch to guide it.

Dislikes: self-serving nobles, being ignored
    Hobbies: ballet, theatre, hunting

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (EX)- allows for the creation of a "Palace Of Versailles", superior even to a "Temple".

Item Construction (D)- can craft only minor magical artifacts. Caster possesses only a low rank in this Skill due to his legend not being suited for it.

Personal Skills:

Charisma (A)- natural talent to inspire others and lead an army. At this rank, the Servant can capably inspire and direct armies of any size. At this point it is no longer mere popularity, but rather something closer to worship.

Divinity (C)- measures the strength of one's existence as a Divine Spirit. While possesing no true divine blood, he was said to embody the divine right of kings by which the king was said to be the direct representation of God on Earth. In a sense, the king was a kind of God in their own right.

Magecraft (D+)- knowledge of orthadox thaumaturgy. Although Caster was secretly a practioner of magecraft in life, his skills in the art were average at best.

Eye For Art (B)- infatuation for works of art. Louis XIV was a known patron of the arts such as literature, music, dance and theatre. Grants a significant chance of guessing the identity of Servants who possess artistic anecdotes.

Noble Phantasms:

Le-Soleil Royale- The Royal Sun (A++, Anti-City): the flagship that Caster crowned with his emblem of the "sun", the symbol of his authority as king. Although in history it was merely a particularly good sailing ship, its legend has become confused with that of Louis XIV himself. As the "sun king" who frequently compared himself to the Greek God Apollo, his ship has likewise likewise conflated with the chariot pulled by Apollo. Upon invocation, the vessel shows its true form as a Divine Construct, the crystallization of all of humanity's dreams about the sun. Glowing with divine radiance, it surges forth like a firey comet, devastating all in its path with the awe-inspiring destructive power of the sun. Its also capable of "sailing" through the air itself just like Apollo's famous chariot, scorching everything beneath it. However, properly controlling this Noble Phantasm is a difficult feat for any mortal, even the Sun King. If not careful, he could very well end up enacting the events of the famous Greek play "Phaethon".

L'etat C'est Moi- I Am The State (B, Anti-Unit): the crystallization of Caster's famous declaration that "L'etat C'est Moi" or "I am the state". Rather then an ordinary ruler who carries out the will of the people while being distinct from them, Louis was someone considered to be "the embodiment of France itself". Taking form through Caster's royal scepter, every time he swings it's treated as if it it was being swung by all the people and armies of France simultaneously. Anyone who's hit with it will react as if they were being struck by the inhabitants of an entire nation instead of one person. In functional terms, his normally pitiful Strength is amplified to A+ rank while he's swinging the scepter.

Palais Versailles- Sun King's Imperial Villa (A, Fortress): the royal palace that Louis made into the center of his kingship. Originally a hunting lodge belonging to his father, he refurbished into a domain of almost impossible luxury and extravagence. Versailles is therefore famous not only as a building, but as a symbol of the system of absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime. A Psuedo-Reality Marble, when invoked the massive palace materializes around Caster in all its resplendant glory. This is the ultimate symbol of his kingship, by which he subjugated all lesser French nobles to his own ends. Because of this, any other Servant qualifying as a "king" or noble will recieve a Rank-Down in all parameters. Within the palace Caster fully embodies his title of "the Sun King", his Divinity will be boosted to A rank and he gains access to powerful solar-based magecraft as well as the effect of L'etat C'est Moi becoming permanently active within the palace walls. The sheer scope of this Noble Phantasm is also an issue in its own right, requiring enemy Servants to journey through the entire palace in order to even find Caster, let alone fight him. Mid-ranked Phantasmal Beasts can also be found patrolling the palace courtyards.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've had the idea to do this guy for a while but I only just finalized the ideas for Noble Phantasms (when I did, I wrote up the whole sheet in a day). He's pretty overpowered I know, but I think it fits considering the whole cult of personality thing he had going for him. Guy was pretty much running solely on the strength of his own hype. I originally thought of giving him Imperial Privilege but I ended up moving the most major benefits over to Palais Versailles and nixing the lesser ones altogether. His NPs aren't the most original I know. Le-Soleil Royale is pretty clearly inspired by Ramesses's crazy solar barge thing (that thing's a pain to spell) and Versailles is a bit like Semi's Hanging Gardens Of Babylon mixed with Nero's Aestus Domus Aurea. Hope I did him justice. And of course, be sure to drop by when you can with comments and criticisms.

The Sun King commands you to!
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 24th, 2016 at 01:05 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Louis XIV... Isn't he the guy who said "Has God forgotten what I have done for him?" (Man, you really should have used that as a NP sub-title.)

Usually, historical figures only get OP sheets like this when they themselves were impressive/important figures in history. Interesting to see an inversion of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Blog Entries
    The Unconquered Sun laughs at him.
    As does Solaire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Louis XIV... Isn't he the guy who said "Has God forgotten what I have done for him?" (Man, you really should have used that as a NP sub-title.)

Usually, historical figures only get OP sheets like this when they themselves were impressive/important figures in history. Interesting to see an inversion of that.
    Louis XIV is a really important figure in history.

Fate Grand/Order ID: 102947414/GreenBob
    JetKinen's tries very poorly to translate a brazilian book

Blog Entries
    Well, he was a fairly important historical figure. I mean, he pretty much embodied the absolute monarchy in his era. Obviously nothing like Alexander the Great or King Arthur but hardly anything to scoff at.

Edit: ...And it looks like by the time I posted the above, JetKinen had already basically said the same thing in less words. Oh well. La vie est drole.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 23rd, 2015 at 12:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Louis XIV is arguably the greatest example of Absolutism in our history.
    Last edited by JetKinen; November 23rd, 2015 at 12:01 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AvengerEmiya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JetKinen View Post
    Louis XIV is arguably the greatest example of Absolutism in our history.
    In ensuring stability and prosperity for France, sure. It's modern borders are pretty much his handiwork. What spoils these accomplishments (and for me, takes them away entirely) was his warmongering nonsense. He was constantly dragging France into wars, driving the nation into bankruptcy, wasting resources, putting strain on the people (and starving them) and getting France's face slapped on a fairshare of shit-lists across Europe.

Of course, none of these became "his" problems. Just stuff his successors were stuck with. Louis XVI in particular really got the short end of the stick.

Granted, he's still better than Napoleon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andaeus View Post
    Oh, fun! How often does a story actually leave the Idea Thread?
    Fate/Grand Order Doujins That Don't Suck [Updated: 3/2]

Blog Entries
    Important ≠ good

He's still an important historical figure even if he was also a dick who made some poor military and political decisions. Speaking of which, what French king didn't sit back while their poor people starved? That seems to be pretty universal among them from what I can tell (hence the French revolution).
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 23rd, 2015 at 02:01 AM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Have you been reading Fragments of Blue and Silver? Because Versailles sounds a lot like Ramesses's temple, what with the sun powers and the disabling of enemy Servants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    You will find that most Heroic Spirits depicted in TypeMoon games were not pleasant people to hang out with in real life.

So thats really besides the point.

You did really well in the appearance description, but for everything afterwards the only image I had in my head was of this guy...

JP Friend Code
    It does seem a bit overpowered, but I really like the mental image of him shouting "L'etat C'est Moi!" and then swinging his scepter
    (Don't know if he actually needs to shout it, but it's funnier this way)
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

Just don't engage him in the Hall of Mirrors and you'll be fine.
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Have you been reading Fragments of Blue and Silver? Because Versailles sounds a lot like Ramesses's temple, what with the sun powers and the disabling of enemy Servants.
    Haven't read it but I was inspired in parts by Ramesses's NPs, the solar ship thing especially. All I knew about the Ramesseum though was that it was a big temple full of Phantasmal Beasts and with the beam-cannon-ified Dendera Bulb. And what do you the mean exactly by "the disabling of enemy Servants"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazyrian View Post
    It does seem a bit overpowered, but I really like the mental image of him shouting "L'etat C'est Moi!" and then swinging his scepter
    (Don't know if he actually needs to shout it, but it's funnier this way)
    Even if he didn't have to he would probably still shout it out anyway because it's more DRAMATIQUE that way.

Well all I can say is that the original Sun-related servant will be jealous of some of things your character can pull off.Also,mind explaining the increase in divinity thing?I have not come across this particular thing before if I remember correctly.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ramesseum Tentyris has a field that poisons enemy Servants and keeps them from using their Noble Phantasms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Huh.

How does a Láeg servant sound?

Blog Entries
    You mean this Laeg?

Quote Originally Posted by Minor Celtic Characters
    Laeg Mac Riangabra was the faithful friend and charioteer of Cu Chulainn. The chariot of Cu Chulainn actually belonged to King Conchobar, because no other chariots were strong enough for the hero. As Cu Chulainn's driver, Laeg cared for the hero's horses – Liath Macha (Grey of Macha) and Dubh Sainglenn (Saingliu).
    Not much is known about Laeg's family, except that he has two brothers who also served as charioteers to two other Ulster's champions. Sedlang Mac Riangabra was charioteer of Laegaire Buadach, while Id Mac Riangabra was a charioteer of Conall Cernach.
    Laeg was usually present at most of Cu Chulainn's adventures, but his role is so small that we sometimes don't notice his presence. When we do notice Laeg, he usually provide wise advice to the young hero.
    Laeg drove his master's chariot when Cu Chulainn confronted Medb's army alone in the epic Táin Bó Cuailnge. When Cu Chulainn faced a difficult and deadly opponent, Laeg would try to exhort the hero to greater effort. When exhaustion, wounds and grief overcame Cu Chulainn by Fer Díad's death, Laeg attended to his master's wounds.
    Laeg met his death, when Cu Chulainn again confronted Medb's army and her new allies. Lugaid, the son of Cú Roi, hurled his spear at the hero, but missed at killed Laeg instead.
    Because I don't really see how much material that offers for a Servant sheet. He doesn't have any legend to speak of, any treasures or especially great deeds that would qualify as Noble Phantasms (unless you want to give him Cu's chariot, in which case why not just go the extra mile and make a Rider Cu sheet) and is basically just Cu Chulainn's glorified sidekick. Not exactly Heroic Spirit material. I'm sure if you want to make a Servant from celtic myth there's a lot of more promising ideas you could pick from. Don't feel like I'm shooting your idea down or anything though. If you feel like you can make it work in a cool and creative way then sure, go for it (I mean, someone made a pretty good Lugal-Kitun sheet ages ago, can't get much more obscure then that). But I just don't see how it would work, personally.
    Last edited by RoydGolden; November 24th, 2015 at 12:44 AM.