Page 672 of 782 FirstFirst ... 172572622662667670671672673674677682722772 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,440 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockehwork View Post
    That might be what it is but not what it does. Like how Charisma is the ability to command an army, and what it does is provide bonuses to allies in group combat.
    You could imagine it gives stat bonuses when facing Beast-type foes, but that's wholly speculative. Presumably because David was cut before Apocrypha was finalized, we never got to find out what that Skill would actually amount to other then vague flavor-text. Maybe GO lore will help fill in the blanks. Or not, since a lot of GO Skills are even more underspecified and have gameplay effects not clearly relating to their descriptions.

Yes, that is my point, we know how you get it but not what it does so I'm waiting until GO materials gives more info before I finalize a Servant who has it.

Of the ones that do have descriptions I can't think of any off the top of my head that have effects that don't make sense for what they do in-universe, so I have faith that all of the ones that are actual skills will be elaborated upon.

Blog Entries
    So, what does Innovation do?

I know what Nobunaga's version of Innovation gives her bonuses against Servants with Divinity and "Mystery", but what does the regular version do?
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    So I see you've finally finished up your Jonathan sheet. Pretty well-done, with no particular faults I can think of. I like the Horde Breaker Skill, which reminds me of a similar Skill I used for my Samson sheet way back when. NP is also neat. It's obvious that his NP would be based off the Covenant of Ezel in some way or another, but the how of it is where one's imagination has to fill in the blanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, my critique may seem kind of crappy and vague, but that's because I can't really think of anything in need of improvement and the sheet itself is minimalistic enough (not saying that's bad) that I can't really comment on the flavor particularly. But I wanted to at least comment, knowing how I feel when nobody comments on my stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

In wonder what would happen if he was summoned alongside his bro David in the War. Especially to rivaling Masters, for extra dramatic potential.
    It's fine, there was almost nothing in the original legend to work with, which is why it took so long. Thanks for commenting on him anyways.

As for if he was summoned with David, he would just outright refuse to fight and demand that they work together. There is a large chance they Jonathan and David would just wander off together and go on a road trip. However, if ordered by command seal to fight, he'd probably take a 3rd option out of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post

I know what Nobunaga's version of Innovation gives her bonuses against Servants with Divinity and "Mystery", but what does the regular version do?
    I'm pretty sure we don't know. Probably there is no actual generic revolution, so each revolution has its own Innovation variant that gives the Servants who have it bonuses against different things.

Blog Entries
    I got a bit lazy, and I thought it time to upload one of the sheets that've been mouldering in my document, so... I'll add the lore once it's been completed. I'd like to thank Okami for sponsoring the Lazy-Ass Noble Phantasm (TM).

Class: Saber

True Name: Taira no Atsumori

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Attribute: Man

STR: C
    AGI: A
    END: D
    MGI: C+
    LCK: E
    NP: C

Skills:
    Magic Resistance: D
    Resistance to Magecraft that cancels up to Single Action spells, but not much else.

Riding: C
    The ability to ride mounts. Saber usually displays this skill when utilizing horses and chariots, but modern vehicles can also be ridden with a certain amount of proficiency.

Charming Youth: A
    The beauty of a youth brimming with potential, but whose life was tragically cut short. A sort of Magecraft that makes Saber irresistible to all but those who possess at least C rank magic Resistance, or a strong enough will.

Flute Performance: A
    Expertise in playing music with the flute. It is possible to accelerate healing and dispel mental interference Magecraft in those who listen Saber play.

Noble Phantasm:

Ningen Gojunen
    A Lifetime is but a Dream

Type: Anti-Group
    Range: 1-15
    Max targets: 50 people

The shakuhachi found on Taira no Atsumori’s corpse after he was beheaded by the Minamoto warrior Kumagai Naozane. With it, Saber can play a melody that summons forth the spirits of those who died in battle to aid him. However, he must stay still while doing so, which leaves him open for attack. In addition, the summoned spirits are trifling matters for Servants to deal with, but Masters should take care when facing them, especially when they are summoned in great quantities.

The flute has another, more combat-oriented use. Saber can use the energy of the spirits he summons to create a two-foot long blade of pure energy that emanates from flute’s opening. The flute can then be wielded like a regular sword. Incidentally, the incantation that unlocks this function of the Noble Phantasm reads:
    Man's life of 50 years under the sky is nothing compared to the age of this world. Life is but a fleeting dream, an illusion -- Is there anything that lasts forever?
    人間五十年、化天のうちを比ぶれば、夢幻の如くなり, 一度生を享け、滅せぬもののあるべきか

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockehwork View Post
    Class: Archer
    True Name:
    Hunahpu & Xbalanque
    Maya Hero Twins
    It's always nice to see another Native American sheet. I had also tried my hand in doing the maya twins a while before, and I see that you also make them revive each other as a prominent part of the servant (as a nitpick, I wonder if "Necromancy" as the skill name doesn't have kind of a western connotation). In my case it was the NP though; my idea was that they would have additionally a very high rank of magecraft or something similar that would qualify them for Caster also (though didn't write that down lol).
    Fate/Grand Order Friend code: 941022491/マヅィリアン

Some manga raws
    Mediafire folder

JP Friend Code
    073,368,820/Kyte
    US Friend Code
    ded
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    You're thinking of Herakles, I think, who had Rank A because he was the child of a powerful deity and then ascended to godhood. Gilgamesh started out at A+ because he's 2/3rds of a god, so I think A+++ should cover an actual Divine Spirit.
    I mean, there's not really much of a point to it, it's just a nitpick of mine. :-)
    Actual gods get Divine Core EX which is basically Divinity++
    Or at least that's what Stheno and Euryale have.

Where is it....
    Quote Originally Posted by Stheno
    Divine Core of a Goddess: EX
    A Personal Skill that express being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity.
    Repels all mental interferences, the body does not grow and the figure does not change no matter how much calories are absorbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale
    Divine Core of a Goddess: EX
    A Personal Skill that express being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity.
    Preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body.
    Repels mental interference and the body does not changes・grows.
    Last edited by Kyte; March 8th, 2016 at 09:23 PM.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crying View Post

I reckon the various different Innovations give boosts fighting against specific opponents depending on what the revolution was about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyte View Post
    Actual gods get Divine Core EX which is basically Divinity++
    Or at least that's what Stheno and Euryale have.

Where is it....
    Still hoping for a goddess version of Medusa in FGO.

Full monster version would also be cool!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Still hoping for a goddess version of Medusa in FGO.

Full monster version would also be cool!
    Spoiler:
    Just kidding!

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    THAT WAS MEAN

Blog Entries
    I'm sorry

Blog Entries
    Full!Gorgon Medusa would probably be a Berserker (or maybe even Avenger).

Full!Goddess Medusa would probably stay as Rider (or maybe become Caster for some reason).
    Certified F/GO hater.

My Servants

The starting penalty is five.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My cousin came up with an idea for Berserker!Medusa where her NP was turning into the Gorgon. It's kinda old though so even if we could find it, it's probably not up to scratch (not that it's stopped me before)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Arrow

Servant Caster:

True Name: Donald J. Trump

Alignment
    : Lawful Evil

Strength- E
    Agility- E
    Endurance- E
    Mana- C
    Luck- A+
    NP- A+

Appearance:

(Hair's not quite as ridiculous, but close enough)

Personality: To put it simply, Caster is an arrogant blowhard. He's obsessed with appearing "classy" but is blind to how utterly tacky he appears. With xenophobia, greed and narcissism in equal amounts, he could be considered to embody the worst aspects of present-day America. Flaunts his obscenely high wealth without shame, and will bring it up at any opportunity. His money-making talents are genuinely without peer, but his tendencies to bankrupt any company he's involved in perhaps make him unsuited as a leader. Also has a tendency to flirt with any pretty girls that catch his eye, generally many times younger then he is.

Likes: high-class, himself, being center of attention, making billions
    Dislikes: immigrants, "losers"
    Talent: "Making America Great Again!" (actually self-delusion)
    Natural Enemy: Barack Obama

Class Skills:

Territory Creation (A-)- Ability to construct a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. At this rank, Caster can construct entire buildings the size of apartment complexes to use as his "territories", but as he's not a Magus, their effect on his overall magical aptitude is low. This is a digression, but for some reason any building Caster creates with this Skill will have his name and face plastered prominently on some part of it, rather counter-productive to the secrecy of the War. It's unknown if this is inherent to his version of the Skill, or simply another manifestion of his own immense ego (or both).

Item Construction (D+)- Can craft only minor magical artifacts, but permits modification to the artifacts of others. Caster never got his fame and fortune through inventing anything original, but through putting his "brand" on preexisting objects and inventions.

Personal Skills:

Art Of The Deal (EX)- Ability to broker deals, and come out advantageously in one's negotiations with others. At this rank, it rises to the level of an almost supernatural ability. Even convincing the head of a foreign country to build a wall preventing their own citizens from immigrating is not beyond the Servant's reach (or at least, so he claims).

Discernment Of The Rich (A)- Ability to see through to the nature and attributes of others born from business experience. Things such as likely credit rating, flakiness, tendency for betrayal and others can be discerned with but a glance. In the man's own words- "Discernment Of The Poor? Pah! I'm rich!"

Mental Pollution (E+)- A twisted mentality that affords protection from mental interference based Thaumaturgy at the cost of making it difficult to come to an understanding with others. Though not outwardly deranged, Caster's reason vanishes when the topic of "immigrants" is brought up. Gives only a very minor degree of protection to Magecraft that effects the mind.

Golden Rule (A-)- Measures one's tendency to aquire wealth. At this rank, money problems are never an issue for the Servant. But as a side-effect, the Luck of any company that he's running will receive two ranks-down and be likely to crash in the near-future.

Noble Phantasms:

Great Wall Of America- Imagined Wall Of Triumph (E~A+, Anti-Immigrant): Crystallization of Caster's statement that he'd build a wall around America to keep out Mexican immigrants. A great golden wall emblazoned with the name "DONALD J. TRUMP" in bold, ostentatious lettering; it is a Barrier-type Noble Phantasm giving form to the concept of "repels foreigners". However the Noble Phantasm's true threat lies not in the wall itself but in the very process of constructing it.

The wall is formed using the opponent's own reserves of magical energy rather then Caster's (rather low) supply or the ley-lines of the surrounding environment. Due to this, its durability will scale depending on the mana-level by whoever's trying to break through it, to Servants with a low Mana supply it will merely be an ordinary wall with slight magical reinforcement, but those with high Mana will find it a nigh-impenetrable barrier. An insidious ability wherein the opponent essentially "finances" their own destruction. Also, if he's fighting more then one Servant at the time, their total mana supplies will be added to the wall, further bolstering its resilience. The barrier can be disassembled, shrunken in size and levitated to better provide defense in the middle of a pitched battle. It could even be assembled around the intended target(s), as a prison of sorts.

The image surely calls to mind the legendary Great Wall of China, but the utterly tacky trademarking somewhat takes away from the grandeur of it.

Obama's Birth Certificate- I'm Just Asking Questions! (A+, Anti-Unit): During Barack Obama's presidency, Trump was highly influential in spreading rumors that he was unfit for the job due to not being born in the States. Though merely a baseless assertion not backed up by evidence, the rumor hounded Obama throughout his years as president up until he finally released his birth certificate to disprove it once and for all. A reversal of the burden of proof, where it is not up to the speaker to prove their claim but the target to decisively disprove it.

As a Noble Phantasm, it allows Caster to make one (1) statement about someone (whether they be a Master, fellow Servant, or random shmuck) which will become true unless the target can refute it. The target has a limited time of one hour to disprove Caster's allegation, before it's established as fact. Afterwards, reality itself be altered to conform to the statement, rewriting history if necessary.

A very powerful and versatile ability, balanced by several key restrictions. Firstly, the target must hear Caster making the statement in question, and understand it. He can only designate one statement per target, it must directly involve the target (and only the target) and the statement must be one that the target could theoretically disprove in the required timeframe given sufficient effort. Caster can use this strategically, forcing the target to give up information that they'd prefer to keep hidden. For instance, he could declare "Your Noble Phantasm is nothing but a convincing forgery." forcing the enemy Servant to either reveal their Noble Phantasm (and thus, their identity) or have it sealed permanently for the remainder of the War. Not a flashy Noble Phantasm, but incalculably dangerous for those with the brains to make use of it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I finally got around to doing the Donald Trump sheet I've been talking about. Obviously this isn't terribly serious, and there's no way in Hell he'd be eligible for Heroic Spirit status given Nasu lore. But the opportunity for a Heroic Spirit Donald Trump proved too great to resist. Other then the obviously crazy premise, I actually did put about as much effort into this sheet as I do for my normal ones. Had a hard time finding fitting NPs for the guy, but I'm pretty satisfied with the ones I settled on. Second NP is somewhat of a more versatile version of Shakespeare's First Folio from the original Apocrypha concept. Hope you all get at least get some amusement out of this, anyways!

Next up I might try making a Charles Darwin (Berserker) sheet...

- - - Updated - - -

Any ideas on what the heck that weird green arrow thingy's doing at the top of my post? How'd that get there?

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking about it, I just realized the perfect faceclaim for this guy...

Blog Entries
    Saber
    Saint Catherine of Alexandria

Spoiler:

Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of birth: Alexandria
    STR: C
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: A
    LUCK: A
    NP: A+

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (A+): A skill that grants protection against magical effects. Differently from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. One of the absolute highest ranks available, Saber is essentially immune to magecraft as a result of both her piety the natural resistance she possesses as a result of her class.

Riding (D): The ability to ride mounts. At this rank, only tamed beasts can be ridden, though with sufficient instruction, the ability to drive modern craft should arise fairy quickly.

Personal Skills

Saint (B):
    indicates being acknowledged as a saint. When summoned as a Servant, the ability of saint is selected one among raising the effectiveness of sacraments, automatic HP recovery, Rank-Up to Charisma and production of a holy shroud. Saint Catherine is venerated as one of the Fourteen Holy Helpers, and is used in prayer as a protection against sudden death, thus the Shroud of Catherine acts as powerful armour and is imbued with magecraft that heals wounds and resist diseases and poisons.

Silver Tongue (A+): The ability to convince others with words, formulate arguments and conduct debates. Saber possesses this skill due to the aspect of her legends that involved her debating her faith with 200 learned and educated men, and defeating all of them in arguments. Her voice itself becomes a weapon of sorts, with her speech tailored to convincing her foes to surrender to her. Letting her speak can be considered incredibly dangerous. Even today, she is considered to be the patron saint of lawyers due to her eloquence.

Protection of the Faith (A):
    A Skill possessed only by those who have sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite being a form of divine protection, it is not a blessing from a higher existence. It is only the absoluteness of one's body and soul, which is born from faith. But if it is too high, it causes abnormalities in the personality. A martyr, Saber sacrificed her entire being for her faith, and as such has this skill which protects her against mental interference of an equal or lower rank. It is low enough to leave her personality mostly unchanged outside of a zeal for religious debate.

Noble Phantasms

Catherine’s Wheel – Breaking Wheel of Whirling Fire (Anti-Army, B): The spiked breaking wheel associated with the legend of Saint Catherine: about to be tortured on it, it is said to have splintered at her touch. Despite her sword being her main armament, it is not a Noble Phantasm, its position being taken by her wheel. A cartwheel covered in spikes, it is a weapon in its own right, but when Catherine activates it by calling out its name and spinning it over her head, it takes on the characteristics of the firework that bears its name, enshrouding itself flames, and becoming the eye of a fiery vortex that reduces everything to ash. Catherine calls it the ‘fires of martyrdom’, despite the fact that she was beheaded.

Bride of Christ – The Messiah’s Wedding Ring (Anti-Self, A+):
    A simple gold band that Catherine wears on the ring finger of her left hand, it symbolizes her declaration that she was the bride of Jesus Christ and would not marry anyone else. It is imbued with a simple but powerful magic: absolute healing. Within seconds, all of Saber’s wounds will be completely healed regardless of severity. Strictly speaking, the power of this ability is based on belief, but Catherine’s devotion is enough that it is a very powerful defence. Though powerful, this Phantasm will not protect against attacks that are instantly fatal, such as decapitation.

Lore
    Saber is Saint Catherine of Alexandria, an intelligent young woman who is renowned as a Saint in various Christian churches around the world. Upon her conversion, the emperor at the time sent a parade of scholars, professors and advocates to try and convince her to recant, but all of them failed. As emperors are wont to do with young, female saints, he then attempted to marry her, but she was refused and summarily executed. After her death she was one of the saints who convinced the young Jeanne d’Arc to take up arms against the English, and gifted her with a sword with which to do so.

Saber is a quiet, intelligent young woman who prefers silent study to actual combat, but this should not be taken as a sign of weakness, she is a stubborn and determined person who despises backing down from a standpoint. She is averse to fighting, and will attempt to solve things diplomatically, but will not hesitate to pull out her weapons if she is backed into a corner. She loves nothing more than debate, and her persuasive arguments and determination to convert others make her far more terrifying than the most evangelical door-to-door religious peddlar.
    Last edited by asterism42; March 9th, 2016 at 06:08 PM.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    RoydGolden - Trump is pretty funny. But I think this may be a better faceclaim for him http://imgur.com/dFOwhWi

asterism42 - The stats seem pretty balanced, I may consider reducing Magic Resistance to A, but Jeanne had it at EX, so that balances out. Silver Tongue is a good original skill that adds a lot of flavour.

As for the NP's, The Bride of Christ; is the healing a one-off or constant? And how would an opponent stop it? By cutting off the hand it's on? And if it does have absolute healing, maybe reduce her endurance stat to D?
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 12th, 2016 at 05:06 AM.

I'm personally not reading 'regardless of severity' literally unless stated otherwise. For example, does she heal even if she was completely vaporized by, say, Excalibur? Does it heal through Gae Bolg's curse? If her head is chopped off or her heart (read:spiritual core) torn out will she heal from that? Is she meant to be able to survive those instantly fatal attacks? Or does it merely mean something like any not instantly lethal or unhealable attack will just regenerate almost instantly?

Blog Entries
    Anything that's not immediately fatal will heal very quickly, but not instantly. Things that can't be healed, like Gae Buidhe, won't be.