Page 191 of 782 FirstFirst ... 91141181186189190191192193196201241291691 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 15627

Thread: Create-a-Servant

夜属 Nightkin
    not sure if I want to feed the troll, or ignore it...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunbazca View Post
    Context? Nasucanon Servant distribution had barely scratched Indian & Chinese heroes. Africa, America, even Japan itself haven't been touched at all.
    Q: Even though the setting is Japan, why are there so few Japanese Heroic Spirits? Is it because the Holy Grail is a Western (Christian) concept?
    A: Exactly.
    Heathen Servants pls go, no Grail 4 u

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That wasn't trolling, it was
    トローリング
    a Socratic response

*déjà vu*

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Mellon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post

Aah, so this is why you can never find TA and he is the constant buttmonkey of Fate.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Hassan Al-Sabbah sez hai

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

Blog Entries
    "Western" to Japan is everything that isn't Japan, China, or Korea. Naturally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    That wasn't trolling, it was
    トローリング
    a Socratic response

*déjà vu*
    Sokrates was a much more skilled troll than that. (Also, he had the guy writing his dialogues on his side, which helped).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

夜属 Nightkin
    so this may be off-topic but I just now noticed gunbazca's sig for the first time... That is freaking brilliant.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    EDIT: Hey Petrikow, any further changes I make to this character are going to be edited into this first sheet. So you can link this one rather than chasing up other ones further down the track.

Well, since he's going to end up as a probable-MC in Apocrypha, I'd better put up my Mordred sheet before it is all shown to be utterly, utterly wrong.

Name: Mordred
    Class: Saber

Parameters:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: B

Class Skills:

Riding (B): Mordred is able to ride natural beasts of any sort, but cannot ride any sort of Phantasmal Beast. He is also quite capable of driving mechanical vehicles.

Magic Resistance (B+): Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.

Personal Skills:

Accelerated Development (C): As a homunculus and a magically-influenced clone of Arturia Pendragon, Mordred grew and learned rapidly, developing at a rate about three times as fast as a normal human, and learned at an even faster rate. This ability to rapidly absorb and comprehend significant amounts of information is an aspect of Mordred’s homunculus mind, and in everyday use it allows him to quickly learn new skills and information. Enough encounters with a particular skill, whether it be mundane or technical, allows Mordred to learn that skill at Rank E, as long as it is a skill that can feasibly be learned with enough practice Given enough time, Mordred could rapidly Rank Up these learned skills, but an ordinary Grail War does not grant him the time to do so. In addition, this skill grants Mordred the capability to rapidly take in and process significant levels of sensory information, and an eidetic memory allows him to retain any such knowledge he gains from this rapid input.

Glory of the People’s Adoration (A): A skill that acts to negate Charisma of equal or lesser rank when the user has the support of an appropriate number of followers. Mordred was an extraordinary knight, all things considered. Even with his identity unknown he was so fair, so ideal a knight that when the Knights of the Round Table rode out to the edges of the kingdom to wage war he was selected by those left to oversee the kingdom during Arthur’s absence, against King Arthur’s wishes and without his knowledge. As the acting king, Mordred was well-loved and accepted by the people of Britain, far more than the ever-distant true king, Arturia. Where Arturia was the perfect king for her country, Mordred was regarded as the perfect king for his people, and so it was that his decision to take the throne of Britain permanently was both well-supported by the people, and in support of the people. At this highest of ranks the adoration of the people flow to Mordred and allow him to cancel out the effects of an opponent’s Charisma skill of equal or lower Rank, and in return the benefits flow back to the people through his glory, strengthening their morale and providing boosts to their stamina, both physical and magical.

Prana Burst (A): His entire body is increased through a control of the internally residing prana flow and able to boost the power of his body, albeit only for temporary bursts. This also includes an increase in defense. Primarily seen in all his stats not adding much of another side effect, but reinforced weapons can destroy all normal weapons in just one blow. The downside is that he is strongly relying on mana and would be no more than human, if the amount happens to be too low.

Protection from Wind (B): As Mordred's mother knew that he would one day fight King Arturia she prepared him with a charm to resist wind, in order to minimise the effects of Arturia’s Invisible Air technique. It almost completely nullifies damage from wind-based attacks and Mordred is able to move without impediment from winds pushing against him.

Clarent
    The Sword of Peace

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: When Uther Pendragon’s blade Caledfwlch was shattered it was reforged into Caliburn, but a single shard of it was instead melted down and mixed with new steel, then forged into Clarent, the blade of peace. This was a ceremonial blade to act as a partner to Arturia’s sword of battle, Caliburn, and was used for knighting great soldiers, along with other important ceremonial duties. Mordred used it during his period as interned king whilst Arturia was away fighting, and has used the blade ever since.

The blade Clarent manifests its title of Sword of Peace through an unbreakable oath. When the sword is drawn anyone in the area able to see Clarent with his own eyes can ask an oath to be sworn, which the holder must always be a part of. If this oath is agreed upon then all those who formed the oath become sealed by it, an unbreakable vow that was used to ensure peace amongst nations in eras past. If one of the oathmakers breaks the oath then a duplicate of Clarent will immediately manifest itself within the traitor’s heart, causing a mortal wound. This is a manifestation that cannot be repelled by anything but the strongest of magecraft, and abilities like Magical Resistance do not prevent the ability, as it is a metaphysical piercing of the heart that transcends magecraft.

Clarent
    Traitorous Blade of the Coward Son

Type: Anti-Unit

Description: At the Battle of Camlann the traitor knight Mordred slew King Arturia with Clarent, fating it to be known forevermore as the Slayer of the Once and Future King. As a Noble Phantasm it of average strength, though it does possess Rank D Anti-Dragon attributes thanks to the energies of Uther and Arturia Pendragon that have accumulated within the blade.

Additionally, through Mordred’s use of it to slay King Arturia there are two conditions upon which Clarent becomes more powerful. The first is that when attacking a Servant who can be conceptually considered as a "Knight" the blade ranks up one rank to B and more successfully penetrates magical defenses. This designation as "Knight" can come from being an actual knight, a cultural equivalent to the knight, such as a samurai, or even a Servant summoned into one of the three "Knight Classes" (Saber, Archer or Lancer) with the right mindset or contextual aspects. Secondly, the powerful magical curse laid upon Clarent dictates that whoever kills its wielder will in the end be killed by Clarent, completing the attack. Thus, the second condition is that if Mordred is slain in close-quarters combat whilst utilising Clarent the conceptual curse activates, rewinding time to the exact moment of Mordred’s death, and alters the time flow to unleash a targeted fatal attack just as the opponent lands the killing blow. By forcing an attack at the exact moment of the opponent’s own attack, Clarent’s “attack of opportunity” strikes the foe in an indefensible moment of weakness, hitting as a single Rank A++ attack that will hit a fatal point of damage on the opponent’s body.

NOTES:

I won't bother to copy-pasta the huge bits we already know from CM. The only real twist to it was that Mordred was born female, but having been so chaste as to never have seen any other person in an inappropriate state of dress before she assumed that she was male, thanks to having been told by her mother that (s)he was identical to his/her father Arthur in every single way. Including physically.So Mordred just went "Yup, my body is just like my dad's, and he's my dad so I must be a dude". Mordred literally had about zero idea that there were actual physical differences between men and women, and so was to play a somewhat clueless and humorous role in the story. Then Apocrypha came along and said Mordred is a girl anyway, so now it's not as interesting a hook :/
    Last edited by Vagrant; December 19th, 2012 at 08:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Oddman's Servant Series | Entry #1: Caster, the Feral Child

© Vofan

Class
    : Caster
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Stats:
    Strength: C (C+)
    Endurance: C (C+)
    Agility: C (C+)
    Mana: A (A+)
    Luck: D (D+)
    Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills:

Item Construction: B+
    Capable of producing Mystic Codes similar in power to lower-rank Noble Phantasms. Despite being weaker than the average Noble Phantasm, they can more then compete with the Mystic Code's of modern Magi, save for those handed down through many generations.

Territory Creation: D
    Enables the construction of a small but intricate Magic Circle. When the Caster and/or her Master are within the circle, Prana is replenished. A few hours inside of the circle is capable of fully restoring one's Prana.

Personal Skills:

Protection of the Fairies: A
    A blessing from Elementals; the capacity to increase one's Luck in dangerous situations.

Animal Dialogue: B
    Communication of intention with animals that don't speak a "language of words". Despite the fact that the intellect of the animals does not improve, subtle, even complex nuances can be conveyed, due to her living her life only in the wilderness, having naturally learned the language of the animals, while the Goddess bestowed upon her the knowledge of humans.

Rune Magic: A
    Capacity to use all 24 runes of the Elder Futhark.

Noble Phantams:

Divine Aegis: Holy Raiment
    Type: Barrier
    Left to die in the wilderness shortly after she was born, a Goddess took pity on her. Clothed by the Goddess, who bestowed her blessings on the child, no harm was allowed to come to her in life. In truth the garment is a reflection that draws power from the Goddesses' own legendary scaled Aegis manifesting as a light garment that possesses powerful protective properties. A permanently active barrier Noble Phantasm that will block attacks of B rank or below.

Eden: Forest of Beginnings
    Type: Reality Marble
    Having spent the majority of her life there, the image of the Goddesses domain is forever ingrained within her heart. A massive forest is produced as the battle field, the one she is so familiar with. Aside from giving her the advantage of terrain, all parameters increase by one rank when inside the forest. Despite being a Caster, within her domain, she can match most other servants in brute force alone. Consumes a massive amount of Prana, however, by strategic use of the Magic Circle she can create due to her class skill, by having her Master inside of it, they continue to supply her with the Prana necessary to maintain the Reality Marble. So long as her Master stays out of harms way, it can be maintained indefinitely.
    Activated by reciting the following incantation:
    In my distant memories lie Eden, a sight to behold.
    From the dust you'll rise again, lustrous and bold.
    Come... The goodbye has ended, farewell, be told.
    Rising, come forth Eden, from the days of old.

Real Identity:
    Abandoned after birth, left to die in the wild. A Feral Child that was saved from death due to the interventions of a Goddess. She was never given a proper name by the mother who abandoned her, and the Goddess saw no reason to give her one either. Adapted easily to the life of a non-human, she naturally developed the ability to communicate with animals and, while having human knowledge imparted onto her from the Goddess, she chooses to rarely speak in the human's tongue. Not out of hatred for the species that abandoned her, but simply because she prefers her Animal tongue's instead.
    Having to live under such conditions, her body naturally grew accustomed to it, and, while wild beast were forbade from harming her by the Goddesses decree, were one to do so, she could easily hold her own against any creature, with the exception of Phantasmal Beasts. She lived a peaceful life, in peak physical condition for many years, but the Goddess was slowly becoming aware of the outside world's increasing influence on the wilderness she reigned over, and predicted that the girl would eventually have to return to the humans, or perish in the forrest. She began teaching the girl the magic inscriptions of their land, which, though the girl had little interest in, seemed to excel at.

Word of this Feral Child quickly spread to the surrounding human civilizations, and a certain group, while still in it's infancy, saw her as an interesting prospect for occult research. A team of warriors was sent into the forest, but were all quickly disposed off- having lost their way due to the Goddesses intervention, they fell to the girl's strength and knowledge of the terrain. The group was furious, none more so then the family who dispatched their elite guards to procure this child, and, in retaliation, burned the forest to the ground. Sacrificing herself, the Goddess poured the rest of her Magical Energy into the girl's garment, enveloping her with the sense of security and warmth only a mother would give her child. The garments, now even more resistant then before, made the searing flames around her little more then a bother as the thick summer heat was, and the girl was allowed to escape from her home, to parts unknown.

Legends persisted of this feral child throughout the region, garnering more attention, until it was exaggerated and tampered with, to where in the current age, the girl is made out to be a simple maiden from one of the villages neighboring the forest, who sacrificed herself to stop the raging flames.

An imperfect Heroic Spirit, accepted to the Throne of Heroes due only to the exaggerations of the humans who exiled her. It is unknown what her wish would be were she to obtain the Holy Grail, but perhaps, if she was given a kind Master, that would be made clear to her...

- - - Updated - - -

I decided that I would do an entry for all seven, but I'm going to reuse this Caster, just because I like her so much.

The rest will be original, and I will do my best to make them interesting to read about.
    I’m proposing a toast: to this beautiful fabric that binds our very world together.
    Of course, I’d say the most beautiful thing is watching it elegantly ripped apart.
    Now, drink up! Surely you know, there’s always the best time to be had
    in that dangerously intoxicating state, right on the border of consciousness.

Blog Entries
    @Oddman: no wonder i felt some sort of deja vu.

@Vagrant: You might as well say that Clarent does so-so and so-so instead of listing it to be two NPs... i think its effect is similar enough. Other than that it seems pretty solid. So she's a reverse trap?
    Last edited by Gunbazca; December 17th, 2012 at 03:56 AM.

"MONGLERS!" - Gilgamesh, last words

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Name: Mordred
    Class: Saber
    Parameters:
    Strength: A
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: C
    Luck: B
    B rank luck? What fate breaking event did Mordred do to achieve that? If anything he realigned fate by killing Arturia "fate-stabber" Pendragon. Mordred should really have Lancer tier luck cause his deeds were about as fate breaking.

Did Saber even have Invisible Air throughout most of her kingship? I thought it was something she only acquired after she lost Avalon? So I don't know why Mordred would have protection against wind.

Personally I'd have put the fighting after death thing as like EX rank Battle Continuation but I like your idea.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Mordred is supposed to be a homonculus with the unnatural body stuff that entails so maybe some abilities could be made around that.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    He has Prana Burst in canon, just like Saber, so that's good. Keep that.

Blog Entries
    I gave him/her stats vaguely matching that of Arturia simply because s/he is a magical homunculus clone, and would thus be fairly similar. Luck I could probably change admittedly, but in my little headcanon Invisible Air is inherited by Arturia from Uther, who used a more refined form of it as a potent wind charm/invisibility barrier for himself that encompasses his possession of one of the Three Great Enchantments of Britain, as recorded in Welsh lores. So essentially Morgan le Fay anticipates that Arturia will be taught it by Merlin, as she is Uther's son, and makes sure that Mordred has some form of protection against it.

That was to be the in-story justification for it, anyway. Mordred had been tailored by Morgan to be an anti-Arturia weapon, hence the anti-dragon sword and the anti-wind enchantments. I decided not to overload the idea with much homunculus stuff, as there was actually another homunculus character in the story as well. It totally wasn't the first woman Pandora, nope, no way.

Blog Entries
    Yeah.

Considering that Mordred is basically a dragon-reactor fueled homunculus (two beings we know have WTFHAX prana reserves), I would presume that he would have stats as high as Sabers (definitely as good MGI stat, if not better). Low luck though indeed.

And yeah, he seems kinda... non-descript? I mean there is definitely stuff you could build more around (homunculus nature, how he was accepted into the KoTR simply by showing how awesome he was with a sword, etc). Whereas now he looks... sort of unimpressive for a guy who single handedly caused the fall of Camelot (and killed Arturia). Especially in a universe where half the KoTR is running around with Excalibur copies.

I would also like to see some unique skills on him (since every KoTR seems to have skills that have not been shown before like Lancelot and Gawain).
    Last edited by Mellon; December 17th, 2012 at 09:19 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors BlackField's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'd have thought he would have a decent charisma rank considering the relation to Arturia and the fact he managed to get a nation to betray a king who had saved them from endless wars.

Blog Entries
    Of course, the problem is that if you give him Charisma and the canon-confirmed Prana Blast, you may as well just give him Instinct and call him Arturia at that point :/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    Of course, the problem is that if you give him Charisma and the canon-confirmed Prana Blast, you may as well just give him Instinct and call him Arturia at that point :/
    Frankly, I wouldn't put it past for him to have every skill that Arturia has (lower Charisma and MR though, I would say) and his own stuff (homunculus, etc) on top of that. Most of Arturia's stuff (Instinct, PB) are inborn after all, not learned. And well clone business and all that.

I bet she has that one skill that Lu Bu had. The anti Charisma skill that makes a traitor out of you.
    Araya, what do you seek?
    「アラヤ、何を求める」
    ------True wisdom.
    「――――真の叡智を」
    Araya, where do you seek it?
    「アラヤ、何処に求める」
    Only within myself.
    「――――ただ、己が内にのみ」
    Araya, what is your favorite color?
    「アラヤ、好きな色は?」
    Blue. No, ora-- Auuuuuuuugh!
    「青、いや、オレンジイイイイイアアアっ!」